Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Mad-Raiiden wrote:Can you please call the X1/PS4 game "Next-gen" and the other "Current gen" ? You're confusing me right know :oops:

Sorry, but those consoles are already almost a year on the market.
Plus I've got "moral problems" calling "next-gen" something we had at least a year or two before the X1/PS4 launch.

Mad-Raiiden wrote:And I'm okay with you, I don't think that PC gamers will pre-order the game 60$ if they don't know what it is (it's the case for me) :))

Any game/product/service at that matter. I hope they will release a LOT of info at Gamescom.

TBM wrote:They might be saving it for Gamescom. After all they're will be much wider PC audience than in US. It would be fitting.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby unk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm

TBM wrote:I will say this. If PC was next gen, would 2K not want to brag about it? If it's current gen, it would make more sense for them to try to hide it.
its possible to be 2k14 next gen port or features-cutted (like always for PC) 2k15 next gen port. what the point of advertise it
unk

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm

As mentioned many times already in this thread, the PC version is not their priority. Even if it is a PS4/X1 port, expect PS4 and X1 to be mentioned far more often, as consoles make up a much larger part of the game's userbase.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TBM on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Yes but I still think if PC was next gen, priorities would change, and it would be mentioned a bit more than last year.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mad-Raiiden on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Dommy73 wrote:
Mad-Raiiden wrote:Can you please call the X1/PS4 game "Next-gen" and the other "Current gen" ? You're confusing me right know :oops:

Plus I've got "moral problems" calling "next-gen" something we had at least a year or two before the X1/PS4 launch.

Me too, and those consoles aren't really Next-gen, when xBox360 and PS3 drops they where revolution of graphics and performances relative to PS2 and Xbox. Those aren't that big revolution.. But still we call the XB1 and PS4 version "Next-Gen" since the beginning. If you change I will think you're talking of the old, booring, version :oops:

TBM wrote:I will say this. If PC was next gen, would 2K not want to brag about it? If it's current gen, it would make more sense for them to try to hide it.

Maybe not, they are maybe hiding the big news to make a big hype the day they release them. It would be a lot of preorders on PC if it's the case.

Anyway, there's reason to hope this year. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check my Crowds Mods Here : viewtopic.php?f=153&t=95670
Mad-Raiiden

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 pm

If it "next gen" for pc, that reveal would be a late announcement, most likely.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Mad-Raiiden wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:

Me too, and those consoles aren't really Next-gen, when xBox360 and PS3 drops they where revolution of graphics and performances relative to PS2 and Xbox. Those aren't that big revolution.. But still we call the XB1 and PS4 version "Next-Gen" since the beginning. If you change I will think you're talking of the old, booring, version :oops:

I don't even understand why so many people call it "next-gen" this long after launch. I could understand if some new IP bragged about taking full advantage of the jump in performace (which is barely noticeable this time when compared to previous upgrades), but this will be second game in the series to be released on X1/PS4.
And by definition of word "next" it's "next-gen" right till the launch. Then it's becoming current generation.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby TheBlackNerdyGamer on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 am

TheBlackNerdyGamer

Postby Hadley88 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:49 am

Dommy73 wrote:
Mad-Raiiden wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:

I don't even understand why so many people call it "next-gen" this long after launch. I could understand if some new IP bragged about taking full advantage of the jump in performace (which is barely noticeable this time when compared to previous upgrades), but this will be second game in the series to be released on X1/PS4.
And by definition of word "next" it's "next-gen" right till the launch. Then it's becoming current generation.

It gives the Console-Peasants the feeling they are playing on High-End Hardware. :cheeky:
Hadley88

Postby PainB on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:45 am

They said crew is returning on ps3 and xbox 360. Seems like pc doesn't belong to any console.
https://www.facebook.com/NBA2K/photos/a ... =1&theater
PainB

Postby tatlopuyo on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:27 am

I am 98 percent sure now that the pc version is getting the ps4/xbox1 port.
tatlopuyo

Postby lidz28 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 am

yup after hearing that from a reliable source i am now 100% confident that the pc version is getting the next gen :D
lidz28

Postby crazy_me_87 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:06 am

tatlopuyo wrote:I am 98 percent sure now that the pc version is getting the ps4/xbox1 port.

yeah? based on? :D

lidz28 wrote:yup after hearing that from a reliable source i am now 100% confident that the pc version is getting the next gen :D

wish i had sources :D
crazy_me_87

Postby tatlopuyo on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:09 am

Lets just wait for the announcement.. hehe.
tatlopuyo

Postby tampy on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:56 am

Hoping for a current gen port and expecting a last gen port again. I'm ready to be dissapointed again 2k.
tampy

Postby Mad-Raiiden on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Dommy73 wrote:
Mad-Raiiden wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:

Because the PS3 and Xbox 360 are still important consoles, many peoples continue to play it a lot and it wasn't the case for the precedent generations. I call the X1/PS4 the "New-Gen" personally... But I'm a PC only player, my xBox 360 is dying actually. If you want we can call it "New-gen" game and "Old-gen" but like I said it's jus because we started by calling the X1/PS4 version "Next-gen" at the begening of this thread and some people have changed the terms and other not. And this is confusing me :lol:

tampy wrote:Hoping for a current gen port and expecting a last gen port again. I'm ready to be dissapointed again 2k.

I'm kinda like you actually... Now I'm just waiting for the game just to be drafted by the Lakers in my career :roll:
Hope that if it's the old-gen port, the game will be fully compatible for court/jerseys/cyberface at least. Because it will be horrible to wait for new mods if it's the same version...
Mad-Raiiden

Postby Hadley88 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Hope that if it's the old-gen port, the game will be fully compatible for court/jerseys/cyberface at least. Because it will be horrible to wait for new mods if it's the same version...

There would be no reason to buy a Old-Gen Version...
Hadley88

Postby Iceflow247 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Hadley88 wrote:There would be no reason to buy a Old-Gen Version...

Well, if they fix some things in gameplay and the price isn't at 60€ but rather at 30€ then I would actually consider it.
On the 360/PS3 screenshots you can see how the players have gotten smaller/courts are bigger (atleast to me) so spacing might not be fucked up this year.
Iceflow247
Into Dust

Postby Hadley88 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 pm

I got 2K14 for 6$ at a Christmas Sale on GMG, would not pay more for 2K15 if the difference is like 2K13=>2K14.
Hadley88

Postby unk on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 am

Ryse: Son of Rome coming to PC this fall... and we still have a chance to play old-gen basketball :(
unk

Postby Mad-Raiiden on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:29 am

unk wrote:Ryse: Son of Rome coming to PC this fall... and we still have a chance to play old-gen basketball :(

Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the info :D It will be one another game to get this fall :D
But your right.. This is sad :(

Hadley88 wrote:

There would be no reason to buy a Old-Gen Version...

Maybe not for you, but I only play the MyCareer mode so, only the roster improvement and the new draft (Lakers at 7th pick :crazyeyes: ) make me wanna change of version :)

Edit :
NBA 2K15 called MyLEAGUE, exclusive for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/
PC hasn't been cited while they're talking about a next-gen game content, it's not even a online content so it's would not be deleted of the PC version (or I don't know why it would be)... I guess it's a bad sign :(
Mad-Raiiden

Postby RashbaNor on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:45 pm

The lame teaser has been shown. They started talking about 'new' features. Marketing campaign has begun, information embargo has been lifted. Release date is only two months away.
At this point they should let us know some details about the PC version. They have to be serious and treat us (our money) with respect.
PC preorder is available but right now it's like 'buy and guess what you will get'. That's not respectful to your customers. :(
RashbaNor

Postby JaoSming on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 pm

RashbaNor wrote: information embargo has been lifted.

1 mode has been un-embargoed, MyLEAGUE. Crew was announced and detailed, but there have been no articles or impressions that an embargo would have halted.

RashbaNor wrote:At this point they should let us know some details about the PC version. They have to be serious and treat us (our money) with respect.
PC preorder is available but right now it's like 'buy and guess what you will get'. That's not respectful to your customers.

You also need to respect yourself and be a skeptical/informed consumer. From the preorder thread,
JaoSming wrote:no one is forcing you to preorder. No one who isn't making money off the game's sales is telling you that it is a good idea to preorder right now. Preordering does nothing for you. Steam is not going to run out of keys on release day, neither will GMG or anywhere else that sells keys.

If you want a disc version then you might want to preorder. If decisions like whether or not it is a next gen port, or if you are just worried they might screw you over, then don't preorder.

Just remember, I can preorder pretty much up to the minute before the game releases, and still get the preorder bonuses. There is no benefit to buying an unreleased game this early other than to brag to 2K's community managers and pray for a retweet.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RashbaNor on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:15 pm

JaoSming wrote:1 mode has been un-embargoed, MyLEAGUE. Crew was announced and detailed, but there have been no articles or impressions that an embargo would have halted.

It's not about individual modes or features. PR embargo means 'STFU and don't say anything' and it concerns developer employees, don't confuse it with NDA.

RashbaNor wrote:You also need to respect yourself and be a skeptical/informed consumer.

Oh, I'm respecting my own money. That's why I don't even consider preordering this game. And I'm very skeptical but at the same time I'm unable to be informed cause there is no info available. The problem I have is with 2K being disrespectful to PC customers - giving an option for preorder without any information about what you will recieve, WTF? It's not about customers being cautious, thoughtful, intelligent. It's about 2K being so very similar to EA. It's about being honest and decent vs being greedy and a little bit deceitful. Yeah, I know it's all about business and making dough but what would anybody say about a salesman trying to get money from a customer for a product which he's unable to properly get familiar with? 'Just look at the box and decide if you buy it'. To make things worse 2K is trying to lure people into buying this pig in a poke by dishing preorder bonuses for PC version.
Yes, I agree that whoever makes a PC preorder right now is... well... pretty naive. But that doesn't make 2K any less guilty of mistreating their PC customer base.
Last edited by RashbaNor on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RashbaNor

Postby HoopsGaming23 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:12 am

Really sorry for the inactivity on this thread and my channel as a whole, had been away for a long time. I would really appreciate it if you could sum up the released information about NBA 2K15 and its features. Thanks in advance!
"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Magic Johnson
NBA 2K Montages - https://www.youtube.com/user/HoopsGaming23
Twitter Account - https://twitter.com/HoopsGaming23
HoopsGaming23

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15