Roster Feedback Thread

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Re: Roster Feedback Thread

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 am

WillyJakkz wrote:Thank you so much Fernando, appreciate you lending an ear to our voice and it actually being heard and hope someday the ideas could be implemented into the game via update or next iteration of the game.

Seeing the new update right now as I type this with Terrence Ross wearing his arm sleeves etc so thx! Now to check on some of the others.

Glad you see T.Ross with the armsleeve.

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix on the accessory side.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Ed Davis has been rocking a headband and I'm not sure if you guys got Otto Porter with goggles yet
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:45 am

NBALIVEFernando

Postby Murat on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:55 am

Can you edit rosters in game?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks Fernando!

Murat wrote:Can you edit rosters in game?

As mentioned a few times elsewhere, not this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 pm

I see there were some jersey updates in the latest roster. I haven't looked through every team to see what was updated, any chance we can get some info on which jerseys were updated/added?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 am

Andrew wrote:I see there were some jersey updates in the latest roster. I haven't looked through every team to see what was updated, any chance we can get some info on which jerseys were updated/added?

It was only adding the Boston and Orlando Pride uniforms.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:13 am

Cool, thanks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Yeah I saw that and was hoping it would be those horrible Xmas jerseys
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm guessing a little closer to Christmas. Same with the newly unveiled All-Star jerseys; closer to February in that case, I would imagine.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:22 am

Details on the December 6th update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ings-dec-5
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phreak50 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:16 am

Can we please get Jason Richardson out of the Spurs...

This is why only allowing automatic 'Live' updates and not manual one's is damn frustrating.

I go to play a Kawhi challenge and J Rich is starting at PF for the team.
Phreak50

Postby Livefan2daend on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:46 am

Where is rondo..no reason for him to still be missing off mavs roster
Livefan2daend

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:29 am

Livefan2daend wrote:Where is rondo..no reason for him to still be missing off mavs roster

Working on a fix for this. Should have it soon.

Phreak50 wrote:Can we please get Jason Richardson out of the Spurs...

This is why only allowing automatic 'Live' updates and not manual one's is damn frustrating.

I go to play a Kawhi challenge and J Rich is starting at PF for the team.

Which challenge are you seeing this in specifically?

And sorry for sounding cliche, but have you reset since the last download?
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Phreak50 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:02 am

Pretty sure it was 3 straight for the Spurs. But the most recent one I am sure of was the score 8pts in the 4th with Leonard.

I don't get how Synergy can put random players on the wrong team (and out of position). This happened in 14 as well.

Fernando, can you update us on why a two minute manual job that we can all do in games with manual roster options has yet to be applied officially? (Rondo trade).

Also, why are EA not releasing full patch notes (especially in the console UI)? I see people reporting new animations, new transition animations, EA asking players on Twitter what changes they are seeing, but why would you not release full patch notes in this day and age? You are making it hard to recommend your game to others.
Phreak50

Postby Venoms on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:32 pm

how about the face coach update?.....like Steve Kerr.....have a different face.... :(
Venoms

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:13 am

Venoms wrote:how about the face coach update?.....like Steve Kerr.....have a different face.... :(

Not sure if we have one in the works.

Phreak50 wrote:Pretty sure it was 3 straight for the Spurs. But the most recent one I am sure of was the score 8pts in the 4th with Leonard.

I don't get how Synergy can put random players on the wrong team (and out of position). This happened in 14 as well.

Fernando, can you update us on why a two minute manual job that we can all do in games with manual roster options has yet to be applied officially? (Rondo trade).

Also, why are EA not releasing full patch notes (especially in the console UI)? I see people reporting new animations, new transition animations, EA asking players on Twitter what changes they are seeing, but why would you not release full patch notes in this day and age? You are making it hard to recommend your game to others.

Not sure what your first question was. Could you rephrase it?

They'll be releasing the notes soon. Just gotta wait on one more thing on our end.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Venoms on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:30 am

hoping there will update the coach face :D

hope to see Steve Kerr soon in Live 15 :D
Venoms

Postby Phreak50 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:38 am

NBALIVEFernando wrote:

They'll be releasing the notes soon. Just gotta wait on one more thing on our end.

I meant that in games that allow manual roster changes, it takes us players all of two minutes to make a trade.

Why has it been days since the real life Rondo trade and we've yet to see this take place in our game? From what I've read, Synergy doesn't apply trades and that job is for someone at EA Sports. If you are going to make promises in the marketing of your game (two years in a row) about 'live' updates, you can't be so late with trades. Especially since you've crippled the game by not allowing us to make changes to the roster ourselves.

I really didn't appreciate the official response after the concerns recently either. It was all about having an authentic roster that mirrors what is taking place in real life... yet the game allows Ultimate Team, it allows Spurs VS Spurs, same player VS same player etc, so the reasoning just sounded like a poor excuse for not having what is really a must have feature. The first ever NBA Live game back in 1995 allowed trades for goodness sake.
Phreak50

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:54 am

Phreak50 wrote:
NBALIVEFernando wrote:

I meant that in games that allow manual roster changes, it takes us players all of two minutes to make a trade.

Why has it been days since the real life Rondo trade and we've yet to see this take place in our game? From what I've read, Synergy doesn't apply trades and that job is for someone at EA Sports. If you are going to make promises in the marketing of your game (two years in a row) about 'live' updates, you can't be so late with trades. Especially since you've crippled the game by not allowing us to make changes to the roster ourselves.

I really didn't appreciate the official response after the concerns recently either. It was all about having an authentic roster that mirrors what is taking place in real life... yet the game allows Ultimate Team, it allows Spurs VS Spurs, same player VS same player etc, so the reasoning just sounded like a poor excuse for not having what is really a must have feature. The first ever NBA Live game back in 1995 allowed trades for goodness sake.

Thanks for rephrasing the question!

The Synergy system we have in place is pretty complex. We've got it to the point where it can mirror real life lineups. It's also supposed to work when players switch teams. Obviously, it didn't. We're investigating on why that is and we're fixing it to avoid situations like this in the future. It should be fixed now, though.

As far as the roster stuff, I can't really speak to why those decisions were made as they occurred before I joined the team.

I don't know if this is the response you were looking for but, I hope I was at least able to help.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:29 am

Appreciate the insight, Fernando.

Phreak50, we did ask Sean about roster editing and customisation features when we had him on the Podcast. Essentially it boils down to some of the code/systems they have in place not being adequate, and with so much ground to make up, other aspects of the game (notably gameplay) were prioritised. Customisation features and depth modes therefore weren't the focus this year, but happily, they are on the road map for NBA Live 16. It's a shame as I'd love to have roster editing functionality and I'm keen to see Dynasty get deeper, but Sean did give us an honest and straightforward answer about that.

Also, details on the latest roster update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ngs-dec-24
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Beavis_5000 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:47 pm

FYI for everyone, Shawn Marion disappeared off of the Cavs roster in Head 2 Head.
Beavis_5000

Postby WillyJakkz on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Offhand the only thing I can think of that stands out now is:

Accessories (all wear goggles):
MIL- Larry Sanders (Same as Amar'e Stoudemire's goggles)
WAS- Otto Porter (Ray Ban type glasses/goggles)
LAC -Chris Douglas-Roberts (Oakley type goggles like Hinrich)

Hair Style:
ORL- Evan Fournier (Small pony tail on top-type hairstyle) (have that guy come in to the studio in Maitland!)
LAC- Chris Douglas-Roberts (Hi-top dread hairstyle)
POR- Chris Kaman (Beard)

Great to see you guys finally got Elfrid in there to get his hair correct, keep up the great work and once again thanks, we appreciate you listening to us!
WillyJakkz

Postby Beavis_5000 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:47 am

Rosters in Head 2 Head seem pretty messed up. Kyrie is missing from the Cavs, Durant from the Thunder and a few more I have noticed.

I am not sure if I am the only one that feels like this but I would prefer if the devs quit messing with rosters outside of trades that happen.
Beavis_5000

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 am

Beavis_5000 wrote:Rosters in Head 2 Head seem pretty messed up. Kyrie is missing from the Cavs, Durant from the Thunder and a few more I have noticed.

I am not sure if I am the only one that feels like this but I would prefer if the devs quit messing with rosters outside of trades that happen.

Synergy sets the rosters based on the lineups from the last game that the team last played.
NBALIVEFernando

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 15