NBA Live 15 Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Re: NBA Live 15 Impressions Thread

Postby Phreak50 on Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 pm

I have been very much against synergy but played against GSW and my goodness, Curry and Thompson were amazing. The CPU was, no joke, pulling up for threes on fast breaks with those guys. Some of the most realistic bball gaming I've had.
Phreak50

Postby Patr1ck on Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 pm

I wonder if the game will play better assuming that all the synergy data for this season is up to date and in the rosters.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri May 29, 2015 10:46 pm

Phreak50 wrote:I have been very much against synergy but played against GSW and my goodness, Curry and Thompson were amazing. The CPU was, no joke, pulling up for threes on fast breaks with those guys. Some of the most realistic bball gaming I've had.

It's always been a good idea, in so far as giving players tendencies and abilities based on real world data. Its use in restricting the rosters for Tip Off, on the other hand...yeah, that's definitely been a problem, in the absence of true roster customisation functionality.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sat May 30, 2015 4:07 am

Andrew wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:I have been very much against synergy but played against GSW and my goodness, Curry and Thompson were amazing. The CPU was, no joke, pulling up for threes on fast breaks with those guys. Some of the most realistic bball gaming I've had.

It's always been a good idea, in so far as giving players tendencies and abilities based on real world data. Its use in restricting the rosters for Tip Off, on the other hand...yeah, that's definitely been a problem, in the absence of true roster customisation functionality.

And that right there should be an option. Using the current real roster or a custom roster. A huge part of nba rewind, dynamic season, and sports sims in general is the "what if" factor.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phreak50 on Sat May 30, 2015 7:01 am

Great point!

My personal issue is not being able to play as your favourite player (or any player) if they are on the injured list in real life. Kind of a huge oversight really that (along with sliders and more settings in general) need to come back to help move this series in the right direction.
Phreak50

Postby mp3 on Sat May 30, 2015 10:20 am

That's something I have always loved about nba live is that you could always enjoy a pick up and play game when we had control of rosters and sliders and dynasty mode was also decent enough for the hardcore fans as well as the average Joe but I feel that has taken a step back this year with no injuries or transactions page you don't get a true feel to what's going on around the league enough to stay interested in a season.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat May 30, 2015 11:25 am

I understand what they were going for, but it was too restrictive in the absence of being able to customise the rosters. If we could disable injuries and re-order rosters in Tip Off, create our own custom rosters, correct issues with the official updates and whatnot, it'd be much less of an issue. We're supposed to be getting that in NBA Live 16, and assuming nothing gets in the way of that, it'll be a welcome return. As Pdub said, we need the ability to play with current real-life line-ups, current rosters without injuries and/or with other line-up changes, or heavily customised rosters of our own creation.

I also agree that Dynasty Mode needs to see a return of some basic functionality and information/stats screens. As far as the injuries are concerned, we also need them back in-game, so that we're not relying on them happening solely in simulation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 15