NBA Live 15 Bugs & Glitches Thread (Constructive Feedback ONLY)

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

NBA Live 15 Bugs & Glitches Thread (Constructive Feedback ONLY)

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 pm

||BUG REPORTS - SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY||
If you have opinions on the game, please use the impressions thread, any other thread discussing the pros/cons of the game, or create a new one. This is specifically for bug reports for the developers.
Please keep any snark out of this thread. Thanks.

Use the following template to post:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PS4/Xbox One):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:[/b]

For example:

Bug description: Unable to inbound basketball

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4, possibly both

Game Mode: 5-on-5 gameplay, during the "Finals Preview" game that's available during installation.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Has only happened once, but after a made basket by the opponent, I wasn't able to inbound the basketball. Hitting pass multiple times didn't work, and I encountered a five second violation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 15 Bugs & Glitches Thread (Constructive Feedback ONLY)

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm

(The example in the first post is actually a bug I've come across so far, so I'll repost it, lest it be overlooked.)

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4, possibly both

Game Mode: 5-on-5 gameplay, during the "Finals Preview" game that's available during installation.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Has only happened once, but after a made basket by the opponent, I wasn't able to inbound the basketball. Hitting pass multiple times didn't work, and I encountered a five second violation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kingpnp on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:27 am

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): XBox One(i assume both)

Game Mode: Pratice

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; i wont call this a bug. more of an oversight unless there's a way you can fix it in game that i dont know about.
The camera angle is set to one angle in practice mode. Every camera i have in the game should be available in all practice modes. i personally dont like playing sideways i run baseline.

2nd issue regarding cameras: Baseline camera rotation speed is too slow. Speed it up Please.(give us the option to speed it up ourselves)
kingpnp

Postby WillyJakkz on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:02 am

Bug description: No Halftime or Post Game Show or Top Plays

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4, possibly XBox One

Game Mode: Quick Game Mode (Tip Off): CPU vs CPU, P vs CPU, (not sure about P vs P)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Not sure how to rectify it as it worked initially when I was offline, as soon as I downloaded the patch update the Halftime Show/ Post Game Show w/ Jalen Rose doesn't play anymore nor do the Top Plays work, it says "no plays" in the Top Plays dialogue box after the game. I tried plalying offline but results still the same.

I appreciate them doing the patch so soon but I would love to also have the halftime/ post game highlights as well.
WillyJakkz

Postby GeneralNuTron on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 am

halftime show doesn't show anymore..
GeneralNuTron

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 am

Definitely seems to be a by-product of the update, as I'm experiencing that as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Onegreatrace on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Bug description: Got a shot off with .4 to go, replayed it and it counted, counted on the scoreboard, but i'm credited the loss even though it should be going to OT.

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4

Game Mode: Dynasty (WCF game 6)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Make a shot that bounces around the rim after the clock expires then goes in, will credit you the loss.

Picture: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 33cb8d3640

EDIT: got another now...

Bug description: Same as above, but now credited as win when it should be tied

Platform (PS4/Xbox One):PS4

Game Mode: Dynasty

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Same as above in elimination game as dynasty.
Onegreatrace

Postby WillyJakkz on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Definitely seems to be a by-product of the update, as I'm experiencing that as well.

I wonder if there's been any announcement on addressing this.

I literally live 5mins away from EA Tiburon, I wanna just walk in there and ask them myself... this is taking long to address and seems it would be a priority to get the highlights, Halftime Show, and Post Game Wrap Up up and running.

Kinda frustrating not being able to see them as it adds alot to the game experience itself.
WillyJakkz

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 am

Bug description: Random crashes

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): Ps4

Game Mode: Ultimate Team and Dynasty Mode so far.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Seems to happen during a basket or around the paint. Most recently, my first defensive possession of dynasty mode was a breakaway steal with Matt Barnes who dunks on Kobe Bryant. As soon as the ball entered the net, the application crashed.

It might be related to the bug causing no replays at the end of the game and the wrong replay being shown after clicking the r3 button.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 am

Got that crash in Dynasty too (submitted a report via PSN), though it's only happened once so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:57 am

Bug description: No automatic substitutions or timeouts in Dynasty Mode

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4 (but presumably X1 as well)

Game Mode: Dynasty Mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Even though automatic timeouts and substitutions are enabled, players on the user team don't seem to be subbed in according to the rotation menu, nor are timeouts automatically called. The CPU doesn't call timeouts, or sub their starters out at all.

Additional screenshot:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tgonzalez310 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:14 am

There is no automatic substitutions or time outs, have to do everything manually.
tgonzalez310

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 am

Bug description: Post player freezes with the ball.

Game Mode:Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Manually bringing over a player to double the post player while he is dribbling, he may pick up the ball and be stuck until the shot clock ends down and then out up a shot. A couple times dribble again and then passed the ball.

Bug description: Double tapping the pro hop button for a Euro step causes a stationary jump shot.

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): ps4

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Driving to the basket close to a defender, attempting a Euro step may cause the player to perform a stationary jump shot that most likely Mises because of the impossibility to time the release.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Looks like the halftime show bug has been resolved on PS4. Apparently it didn't affect the X1 version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Bug description:on occasional layups after contact, the shot gets counted as a 3 pointer. This has happened to me about 3 times now. Once I made the layup and got 3 points. The other times, I got fouled and got 3 free throws. I'm not complaining as I have been the beneficiary every time this has happened :lol:

Game Mode:Any in-game mode. For me, it's happened online, offline dynasty, as well as offline UT

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:Hmm, not sure. Just keep driving and when you get contact in mid air, hit square again
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Bug description: No automatic substitutions or timeouts in Dynasty Mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Even though automatic timeouts and substitutions are enabled, players on the user team don't seem to be subbed in according to the rotation menu, nor are timeouts automatically called. The CPU doesn't call timeouts, or sub their starters out at all.

Additional screenshot:

[ Image ]

I played Rising Star and noticed that there are no subs (or fatigue?) in that either.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I ran into the three free throws glitch as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Bug description: Offensive Foul Glitch

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): Xbox One

Game Mode: ALL

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:

CPU can draw offensive fouls, but user can't. CPU can jump in the air on D and still get an offensive foul called on user.
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Andrew wrote:I ran into the three free throws glitch as well.

Similar to the "3 free throws" bug, I fouled Carmelo while he was going up for a 2 hand dunk, he dunks it, then gets 2 points plus 2 free throws.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:11 am

In LUT, shabazz Muhammad is called shabazz napier by al Murdoch
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:27 am

Bug description: Regular threes treated as coming from beyond halfcourt in commentary

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4

Game Mode: BIG Moments

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I've only encountered it in BIG Moments so far and it seems to only happen in scenarios that take place in the fourth quarter. Any threes that attempted from regular distance (ie right at the arc or maybe a foot behind it) are described as coming from beyond halfcourt by Mike Breen. Not a big deal, but kind of immersion breaking as the wrong line is obviously being triggered.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 pm

I encountered that bug in Live 14, actually. It's like the commentary forgets that they switched courts.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 15 Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby Jayeezy90 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 am

So I downloaded the game on Xbox one and every time I got to the free throw line it will just stay there and do nothing. Is there anything to do about it?
Jayeezy90

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Andrew wrote:Bug description: No automatic substitutions or timeouts in Dynasty Mode

Additional screenshot:

[ Image ]

An update on this: I checked, and my substitution/timeout settings were set to manual after all. However, I still think there's an issue here, as a user based setting is also affecting the CPU. However, I can confirm that having those settings on auto does ensure that everything is working properly, and you can of course manually override automatic substitutions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Bug description: Black Screen but game sound is still there

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): X1

Game Mode: LUT

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: It was random. I couldn't reproduce it. My system was fine as I was able to go to the X1 menu and back to the game with the black screen but with the sound present. I just quit the game and took the L and lost contract against CPU.
Izzy Snow

Next

Return to NBA Live 15