NBA Live 15 Gameplay Vids

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

NBA Live 15 Gameplay Vids

Postby chicagoRAW on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Biggest thing I noticed is how the ball comes off the players hand, looks very unnatural, it like floats out of the their hand. Also on the jump ball, it has this odd looking trajectory, absolutely no physics at all. Same with post shots.
chicagoRAW

Re: NBA Live 15 Gameplay Vids

Postby TBM on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 am

The jersey physics for Reddick at 1:49 in the first video are odd. Too floaty. Same with the ball. It seems like there's helium in it at times, like at 3:51, when the ball bounces off the rim, it's like it's falling in slow motion.

Obviously this game isn't going to be as good as 2K15, but that's unrealistic. Hopefully '16 is more of a competition. It's best to think of '15 as a stepping stone for things to come. A beta of sorts.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:59 am

Did some today also!!

Impressions video:
Bulls Vs Pacers w/ commentary: http://youtu.be/5y4xA-nwQXs

Straight Game play videos:
Mavericks Vs Hornets: http://youtu.be/Ay3OfLlN5bc
Lakers Vs Rockets (Howard Booed In LA): http://youtu.be/JkMbMYSZGUE
Raptors Vs Spurs: http://youtu.be/8gE0__oYJGQ
Grizzlies Vs Cavs: http://youtu.be/bH5l8b03_wM
Jazz Vs T-Wolves (Gordon Hayward Game Winner): http://youtu.be/mn11K0zwmTw

http://www.Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby TBM on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=5y4xA-nwQXs#t=410

You really think that dunk looked good, LiveKing? The guy he dunked on literally teleported into him.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 am

No, the teleporting was in the blend from the dribbling to the gather as the speed from Butler's momentum was not preserved with the dunk, but the dunk animations momentum was preserved, which gives you that teleporting affect. Either way, it's been an issue with EA NBA games from the beginning, and momentum needs to be preserved. It was better in Live 14, even though the transition from the separate gather animation to the dunk or layup looked a bit awkward, as well.

Also, check out the Live Streams from Early Access users on twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/EA% ... 0LIVE%2015
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:15 pm

PDub, I remember back in the day Live had a momentum option or slider I forget which... but I thought that was the most interesting option I've ever seen in a basketball game, it has so much potential.

Chicago Raw, thats a pretty big issue for Live with the way ball is being held while doing layups and especially dunks, on dunks for example I had Wiggins one time do a one handed tomahawk and he was holding basically the bottom of the ball, the player will almost always hold the ball in an awkward place during dunks, and this is something noticeable in real time, it really looks off.

The ball rim interaction for the most part is very satisfying, at times it looks like there's actual physics involved... I had Wiggins do a soft layup one time and it bounced twice or thrice off the front rim and softly went in, I was smiling until I heard a very loud SWOOSH.... they have horrible swish sounds doesnt even sound like a swish, and I think they only have like 1 or 2 of them recorded it seems... for such a nice rim and net to have really bad sound when scoring really takes quite a bit away.

And about the jerseys, Live has the best jerseys hands down... they're actually tucked in as in real life with visible waist band, and jersey movement is solid as well, and though they still float above the player magically, it's not as bad as 2K..
This is real important because it really differentiates the different body types between players.... The main reason 2K's players look pretty much identical is those stupid fckin baggy ass jerseys they got muffin topping over the waistband.

I'm hoping this years tight jersey mod for the PC version of 2K kicks more ass than ever before
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby kendz4494 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Body models really look ugly lol
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: msi GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB SATA 6Gbps Barracuda Green
RAM: Kingston 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M
DVD: Liteon 24x Dvd/CD Writer
kendz4494

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Julius Randle shot his ft's right handed :facepalm2:
qfrmcpt310

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 pm

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Julius Randle shot his ft's right handed :facepalm2:

Things like that are easy to overlook. Fernando, who is responsible for the rosters, is keeping tabs on the Forum. I'm sure we can set up a thread to compile feedback about ratings, player gear, and any inaccuracies like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 pm

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Julius Randle shot his ft's right handed :facepalm2:

lol nevermind he was talking about in game
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby fjccommish on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:24 am

The commentary is better than 2K15's commentary. The reason is, NBA 15 has fewer canned stories. It still has some, and it goes wrong. One example is the 3 minute per quarter game. At the start of the second half Jeff says "you still have 24 minutes...". No, you have 6 minutes. Stick to calling the game action. Because 2K15 has more of the babble, it has more babble applied to the wrong situations. So EA is better on this.

If a game played close to the real life game, there wouldn't be a need for sliders. The issue with sliders is the CPU doesn't know you've adjusted them. So, for example, if you change sliders to make 3 pointers as difficult as possible, the CPU will not take fewer 3's. Slider adjustments give the human player (in human vs. CPU games) a huge advantage.

If the AI played the game like human players play it, then it would be more challenging. One aspect of that is adjusting to sliders.
fjccommish

Postby TBM on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:45 am

The commentary is better than 2K15?? I'm sorry, I know 2K15 has issues, but the commentary's realism is not among them. Live's commentary is terrible, and even if you don't think so, I don't think anyone could logically say that it's BETTER than 2K's.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JBulls on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 am

Live's commentary still has so much dead air
JBulls

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 am

TBM wrote:The commentary is better than 2K15?? I'm sorry, I know 2K15 has issues, but the commentary's realism is not among them. Live's commentary is terrible, and even if you don't think so, I don't think anyone could logically say that it's BETTER than 2K's.

I wouldn't say it's terrible, but yeah, I also wouldn't say it's better than 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am

" I know 2K15 has issues, but the commentary's realism is not among them. Live's commentary is terrible, and even if you don't think so, I don't think anyone could logically say that it's BETTER than 2K's."

2K15's Commentary is better on a limited basis. If you listen to one game with this season's rosters, then it certainly sounds better. But commentary is more often misapplied as you play through an association or some other mode in which players move and seasons progress. Three years into an association, after DRose hasn't missed a game, hearing about his come back from last season's injury is bad. How many years into Lebron on Cleveland will we hear about his move to Cleveland? The commentary is stuck in this year as the association moves forward. Because there are detailed, canned stories, it sticks out like a sore thumb that there aren't even mentions of big events that took place in the multi-season mode.

If you play more games and listen to the commentary, you also realize that there is constant misapplication of explanation/color. The announcers say something like "he wants to establish that early in the game" when it's late in the 4th quarter. The announcers talk about how someone has hit almost all his shots. Then he misses a shot. The announcers say "he missed ANOTHER shot." Or Player X scores five points in a row. The announcers start talking about Player Y taking over games. It's constant. The more canned commentary the game contains, the more often it's applied to the wrong situations.

When you play many games, you'll also notice the canned stories become repetitive. Every game I play in a franchise, the commentary goes through the same stories about the same players. They mention Rose's injury and come back instead of the triple overtime game the Bulls played last night. In the playoffs they mention the Bulls hoping Rose can get through the season healthy (psst...he did) instead of mentioning that Rose won the MVP this season.

EA has dead air. It doesn't sound as much like a real broadcast. But because of that, it doesn't have as much misapplied announcer talk. It's sparse, but it doesn't detract from the game so often by applying canned commentary at the wrong times. EA commentary isn't so full of repetitive "spontaneous" comments or repetitive stories.
fjccommish

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:31 am

Sorry I have no idea how to capture videos on Xbox one, so I whipped out my samsung camera :|

Anyway, there was 1 hour left on my Live trial and I used it up really digging in and looking for some realism to convince me to buy the game....
What I recorded is a small part but really goes to show how improved the game is in terms of contact, clipping, and extra animations make it really nice looking....
But the fact there's no sliders which ruins pretty much everything in terms of realistic total scoring, percentages etc... this game I played for example, pretty much every player was shooting 60% + for the game, probably would have ended up to be a 130 point game both ways....
AND players still won't move based on physics and momentum obviously because of the engine they're using, so Live is back to good old ice skating all over the floor and reading your controller input instead of reacting to your movements.
The only way you can get a realistic 1 on 1 player/cpu interaction is when you do a special move animation as you will see a few in the video below, but mostly the first part of Klay's crossover pull up where I triggered the crossover with the right analog, I then WAITED for the animation to finish (that includes me finishing the crossover and defender animating himself out of the way) and only then did I get space to get the shot off... looks fckin awesome, but I would still prefer realistic player interaction based on physics and momentum that I can fully control, as opposed to animation battles we see here

There are definitely moments where the game just feels nice, and if I was an arcade player I would definitely buy this thing, since I'm sim oriented I will pass until they add better physics and real sliders, I hope next year... mostly some highlights to show off animations, and to show off the minimal amount of clipping happening on contact animations, and also look at the ball act like it's got real physics when Henderson misses that dunk, it still finds an extremely realistic way to go in.. also notice how Iggy actually faced Henderson and really tried blocking it as opposed to how Live 14 was and how 2K still is, the player would most of the time just randomly jump in various directions

phpBB [video]
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby fjccommish on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 am

The problem at EA goes beyond problems in the game. They've been unable to produce a top quality basketball game for years. That's not a problem with a dev team. It's a problem with the company.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 am

Turnover and other turmoil hasn't helped out the development team in recent years. From the sounds of things though, Andrew Wilson has thrown his support behind Sean O'Brien and his longterm vision.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm

When I watch some of the early live 15 video's like the ones above compared to ones on posted on YouTube in recent weeks I can the Dev team has made game play updates which has improved the flow of the game.

It now does look like everyone is going 1000mph up court with the big man bringing the ball up which used to put me off and also jump shot timing seems to be improved too.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:11 pm

I was up by double digits, then somehow ended up down by one.... Let Kobe go one and one, the results? ..... http://bit.ly/1fKOFk3
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 15