Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

NBA Live 15 Livestream on Twitch

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:30 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 15 Livestream on Twitch

Postby JBulls on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:35 am

Looks okay, animations still need a lot of work. Definitely a tonne better i.e. smoother than last year.
JBulls

Postby Manni Live on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 am

It actually looks pretty good i really liked the collision animations its a big improvement from last year. Im gonna give the demo a try and see if ill buy it.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

Love the contact animations
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby destroy23 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Looks good. Would love to buy it if only there is a PC version. :(
destroy23

Postby Phreak50 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Atmosphere atmosphere atmosphere

That is how you do it. The stadiums look great, the court looks alive and the crowd is crazy.

The contact and collision animations are impressive. Ever since seeing NaturalMotion's physics engine all those years ago, I wonder how ragdolls could be used in sports games (Backbreaker was pretty cool). It's only minimal here in Live but it definitely helps. It looks authentic but also makes the same motion capped move look potentially, slightly different each time.

Still some funky animations here and there, like weird ballerina post moves and player speed and momentum is inconsistent but this is a big step for sure.

The actual players look brilliant too. Lots of different body sizes, great face scans and a real athletic look to the physiques.
Phreak50

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:34 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:Love the contact animations
[ Image ]

Graphics are amazing lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Phreak50 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I think it looks good but already there's a worrying trend happening with the early footage from a few youtubers... (if any gamer knows the drama with the whole Shadow of Mordor agreements you'll know exactly what I'm talking about).

Different channels are commentating during footage and yet using the same keywords, emphasizing the same features (even moves), 'EA kept their word', and just general positive only impressions.

A real shame that this is what gaming has come down to if I'm right. If you want to show early footage you have to agree to what the developer/publisher demands of you and in this case it would seem they've handed them a script to guide their commentary.

The game looks good enough, simply no need for that.

*Speculation on my part but I'd bet my house I'm right.
Phreak50

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I'll give the demo a shot. It looks like it's a bit more responsive. Shots were going up quicker, passes were swift. Even with the new collisions it still looks a bit easy to get to the paint and score. Although, I am loving the variety of collisions. They showed off the limb interaction during an instant replay with 3 defenders around the ball handler all having their limbs collide instead of clip through each other.

I wouldn't trust those developers to drive and talk on the phone simultaneously.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JBulls on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Phreak50 wrote:I think it looks good but already there's a worrying trend happening with the early footage from a few youtubers... (if any gamer knows the drama with the whole Shadow of Mordor agreements you'll know exactly what I'm talking about).

Different channels are commentating during footage and yet using the same keywords, emphasizing the same features (even moves), 'EA kept their word', and just general positive only impressions.

A real shame that this is what gaming has come down to if I'm right. If you want to show early footage you have to agree to what the developer/publisher demands of you and in this case it would seem they've handed them a script to guide their commentary.

The game looks good enough, simply no need for that.

*Speculation on my part but I'd bet my house I'm right.

Where are you getting this information?
JBulls

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm

nice touch
phpBB [video]
zzcoolj21

Postby Arcane on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:54 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:nice touch
[ Image ]

Wait is it just me or does KD's shoulder hulkize when he does his shimmy then?
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby JBulls on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 am

now that you mention it... wtf lol
JBulls

Postby TBM on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 am

There are a ton of pluses and negatives. Those floors look amazing. Obviously the animations need a ton of work, but they're improved a bit, which is nice.

Also, anyone else notice how grey everything looks? Like, the courts don't look desaturated at all, but everything else does.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

Arcane wrote:
zzcoolj21 wrote:nice touch
[ Image ]

Wait is it just me or does KD's shoulder hulkize when he does his shimmy then?

ITS EVOLVING :o
zzcoolj21

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 am

There's definitely still room for improvement with the animations, but at the same time, it's looking like a big improvement on last year. Hope it plays as smooth as it looks, since the stiffness of the controls in NBA Live 14 was a big issue. Maybe it was the uptempo pace they were playing, but there did seem to be a few too many jump passes. Maybe that can be patched?

I really liked that two-handed putback dunk. It's good to know that they're in the game contextually, but I hope they can bring back manual control over tips and putbacks in NBA Live 16.

Looking forward to playing it. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBulls on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:57 pm

I think this year the focus was looks (graphics) and feel (control & onboarding). I hope next year it's modes, customization & (quality) of animations.
JBulls

Postby jajawatawat on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 pm

while 2K still sucks on courts, shoes, accessories (dont hate i have 2K15 on ps4) NBA LIVE still killin' it with courts, accessories and shoes ofcourse. and man that jordan hill dreadlocks was on point and it is moving, OMG. what NBA LIVE needs to do is just copy or idk the 2K gameplay and graphics and EA will be on top again.
jajawatawat

Postby jajawatawat on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:56 pm

and the warmer looks dope. i watched a gameplay between lakers and knicks. if you take out your player he will wear his jacket again in the bench. i hope they keep improving. idk if i will buy this game now. maybe before christmas
jajawatawat

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:00 am

I wouldn't want Live to copy 2K's gameplay, but I would like to see it on the same level as far as depth of control, animations, AI and coaching. I would like Live to continue improving it's control and responsiveness with gameplay, add more customization and signature gameplay animations as well as improving bit by bit with their technology.

I just hope that whatever bad PR they are getting that Sean Obrien is allowed to continue his vision on the game, because every time they start over, new developers have to make a choice of trying to figure out how to work with the programming that is already there or start from scratch. Leftos said in a podcast once that trying to work off of another developers code can be a very difficult thing to do.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Venoms on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:21 am

this is what i like from live 15,......the court are alive.... :bowdown: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown2: (Y) :D :D :D
Venoms

Return to NBA Live 15