Offensive Improvements in NBA LIVE 15

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Postby 22cedric on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:08 am

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... 2183523705

EA SPORTS released a new trailer highlighting offensive improvements in NBA LIVE 15.

NBA LIVE 15 includes significant improvements to the AI with regards to fast breaks, pick and rolls and playcalling.

Watch the NBA LIVE 15 Offensive Gameplay Improvements video below, and stay in touch with NBA LIVE 15 updates by checking out our Facebook and Twitter pages.

NBA LIVE 15 Gameplay Improvements: Offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hS6bwL ... e=youtu.be
22cedric

Re: Offensive Improvements in NBA LIVE 15

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 am

looks great on video, hopefully it plays the as good as it looks...

love the streamlined passing, if they nail that this year well then Live will be the first to do it, because 2K still has an issue with that.... I love the better contact physics and layups around the rim... those 2 things are absolutely crucial.

and last but not least, wow them Live hoops, the rim and net look sooooooooooooo nice
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 am

That's looking really good, a big step up from last year. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Manni Live on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

does anyone know if each team will have their own camera angle or is it going to be a default like the ones they've been showing?

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 am

I believe the ESPN angle last year was arena-specific.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Manni Live on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:18 am

oh ok i was making sure,they used the same angle for the few clips i've seen.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 am

Hopefully we get some more videos this week!! Need to see more overall, I don't like the way they took 2K's pick n roll system, it was fine the way it was in 14, they could have just switched it up a bit, control scheme-wise. I hate when you reveal what you plan on doing on screen.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 am

I actually like the on-screen indicators, it reminds me of what they did with Pick & Roll Control in NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 pm

I think it's too big of an indicator myself, obstructing the court view. I would be happy with another indicator at their feet of a different style than the player you are controlling.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr LostSoul on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Not sold on the passing, not till an unedited video is shown. All we have to go by is the cav/hou vid so far and it didn't look too hot. As far as shooting: red = contested; yellow = semi contested?; green = open. I didn't read the shooting blog, but it's about time. What was it like before? Random like live 10 when they made the Elite video about it? Curious...

Preferred the previous pnr system, myself. Rag-doll is dope. About time you can do dribble moves while moving. I'm liking this game, but man, a lot of this stuff is like "Why wasn't it already there". That aside, this showing upped my anticipation by quite a bit. from a 7 to a 8.5. It's flooding me with feels of 06.

Just putting it out there, though, those stationary chasing block attempts while chasing still seems to be there. Russ does it chasing Duncan. Thought Duncan's and Lenard's dunks both looked awkward. Chicken steps still there, no strides on the break.. but it looks fun.
Mr LostSoul

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Pdub wrote:I think it's too big of an indicator myself, obstructing the court view. I would be happy with another indicator at their feet of a different style than the player you are controlling.

Definitely too big. I liked the way they did it in Live 10.

btw, as far as passing goes, I noticed that while playing the Live 14 demo, I couldn't move a guy I was icon passing to like you could in Live 10. Was that in the full version of the game?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Ragdoll stood out the most. Hope they release a demo. My buy decision will be based solely on that.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Mr LostSoul wrote:As far as shooting: red = contested; yellow = semi contested?; green = open. I didn't read the shooting blog, but it's about time. What was it like before? Random like live 10 when they made the Elite video about it? Curious...

That's right. There were no indicators in NBA Live 14, which was definitely problematic, so it's a welcome addition.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:41 am

I know they were showing off the passing by wipping it around the perimeter, but the defense looked quite stagnant. Hopefully they balanced those passes with the ability to deny on defense.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:19 am

I hope players can run towards the ball when receiving a pass. I love play action like that. Gotta keep the defense on their toes. Also, when I used the stick to pass in Live 14, I've actually made some great passes rather than using the pass button. Imagine if you can Icon pass with the stick and it was 100% accurate, I would love that
ThaLiveKing

Postby Thrash13 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:52 am

I've been impressed so far, but the only way to go is up for the series. They've had a long way to go to get back to this point, and I hope they continue moving forward. I'm leaning towards getting Live this year as long as it's solid. For whatever reason, I've always enjoyed the feel of Live gameplay over 2K's gameplay.
Thrash13

Postby JBulls on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:41 am

I still dislike the passing, it still seems pretty stiff, but I LOVE the real time physics in the paint. Great direction there.
JBulls

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:I hope players can run towards the ball when receiving a pass. I love play action like that. Gotta keep the defense on their toes. Also, when I used the stick to pass in Live 14, I've actually made some great passes rather than using the pass button. Imagine if you can Icon pass with the stick and it was 100% accurate, I would love that
I used to icon pass all the time in Live 10 and it was convenient when the passing lanes closed up, I could flick the stick to pass to someone else at the last second
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Thrash13 wrote:I've been impressed so far, but the only way to go is up for the series. They've had a long way to go to get back to this point, and I hope they continue moving forward. I'm leaning towards getting Live this year as long as it's solid. For whatever reason, I've always enjoyed the feel of Live gameplay over 2K's gameplay.

There will be a trial version on both PS4 and X1, should you want to try before you buy. If you do go ahead and buy it, your saves/progress will carry over to the retail game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Andrew wrote:
Thrash13 wrote:I've been impressed so far, but the only way to go is up for the series. They've had a long way to go to get back to this point, and I hope they continue moving forward. I'm leaning towards getting Live this year as long as it's solid. For whatever reason, I've always enjoyed the feel of Live gameplay over 2K's gameplay.

There will be a trial version on both PS4 and X1, should you want to try before you buy. If you do go ahead and buy it, your saves/progress will carry over to the retail game.

Does that apply if you buy retail disc (as I probably would) rather than downloading digital version of PS Store since saving of $20+?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 am

As far as I'm aware, yes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 15