Live 15 Player Ratings

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Re: Live 15 Player Ratings

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 am

Since overalls come into play when making trades in Dynasty Mode, I'd say that the overall rating needs to correspond to a player's value and reflect their overall abilities, regardless of where their strength lies; in effect, it also kind of ranks the players in the league. Ideally, the calculation would be weighted in a way that allows great players who aren't too athletic or brilliant in many areas but kind of average in a couple of others to still be rated highly, while players who are tremendous athletes but a bit unpolished skill-wise wouldn't have their overalls appear artificially boosted. Great all-around players with the highest production and the truly elite superstars would naturally have the highest overall ratings, representing their status as one of the league's most valuable players.

I too like the idea of impact and role playing a part in determining the overall, and balancing things out when a player does have some deficiencies, but it still one of the league's biggest stars and extremely valuable to his team.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:14 am

Andrew wrote:Since overalls come into play when making trades in Dynasty Mode, I'd say that the overall rating needs to correspond to a player's value and reflect their overall abilities, regardless of where their strength lies; in effect, it also kind of ranks the players in the league. Ideally, the calculation would be weighted in a way that allows great players who aren't too athletic or brilliant in many areas but kind of average in a couple of others to still be rated highly, while players who are tremendous athletes but a bit unpolished skill-wise wouldn't have their overalls appear artificially boosted. Great all-around players with the highest production and the truly elite superstars would naturally have the highest overall ratings, representing their status as one of the league's most valuable players.

I too like the idea of impact and role playing a part in determining the overall, and balancing things out when a player does have some deficiencies, but it still one of the league's biggest stars and extremely valuable to his team.

Looks like most of us are thinking along the same lines.

And I agree, it should be the contributions on the court.

Going forward, I am looking for a way to factor in someone's role. Without making it too complicated and also using it as a teaching tool for casual users going forward.

This community is very savvy and I think going forward, we can find another way to summarize ratings better and have it be more meaningful.

We started the process this year. It's baby steps but, I'm looking forward to the feedback.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:00 am

A few things to keep in mind as we await all the ratings reveals:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... l-ratings/

And once again Fernando, appreciate the insight. Good to have you around! (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:59 am

Another batch dropped.

Also, nice write up the ratings, Andrew!
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks man. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 15