DEM PHYSICS THO

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

DEM PHYSICS THO

Postby JaoSming on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 am

https://www.egmnow.com/sitepos/featured ... an-obrien/
One of the things we talked about last year when I visited to discuss the Ignite engine was the sharable element that allows developers to collaborate across EA Sports titles. Are there elements of that in this year's game?
Yes. The rag-doll physics is an EA-built technology. It's the same thing you'll see in NHL and FIFA I believe in certain cases. I'm not sure if that's what UFC is using or if they built their own. We have a procedural based locomotion system – the same thing you see in Madden and FIFA, and what we also do is add different one-offs that are less procedurally based and provide more contextually appropriate and realistic looking motion. It doesn't really impact your playing experience, but it just looks like how it's supposed to look.

Gawdamn dream come true
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: DEM PHYSICS THO

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am

...more contextually appropriate and realistic looking motion. It doesn't really impact your playing experience, but it just looks like how it's supposed to look.

Those FIFA 14 clips of glitches show otherwise.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 am

MY BODY IS READY
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 am

Very promising. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with it when they're not forced to work with assets meant for NBA Live 13.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

JaoSming wrote:https://www.egmnow.com/sitepos/featured/developer-chat-nba-live-15-executive-producer-sean-obrien/
One of the things we talked about last year when I visited to discuss the Ignite engine was the sharable element that allows developers to collaborate across EA Sports titles. Are there elements of that in this year's game?
Yes. The rag-doll physics is an EA-built technology. It's the same thing you'll see in NHL and FIFA I believe in certain cases. I'm not sure if that's what UFC is using or if they built their own. We have a procedural based locomotion system – the same thing you see in Madden and FIFA, and what we also do is add different one-offs that are less procedurally based and provide more contextually appropriate and realistic looking motion. It doesn't really impact your playing experience, but it just looks like how it's supposed to look.

Gawdamn dream come true

The rag-doll feature in NHL 14 is something I wanted in Live 15, thank god we got it, hopefully they tone it to look realistic, and not like actual rag dolls
ThaLiveKing

Postby JBulls on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:24 am

Beware, this is reminiscent of last year when he was all talk and very little substance. God forbid it'll be déjà vu. Really hope they deliver on if not all but most of what they're touting this time 'round.
JBulls

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:04 am

JBulls wrote:Beware, this is reminiscent of last year when he was all talk and very little substance. God forbid it'll be déjà vu. Really hope they deliver on if not all but most of what they're touting this time 'round.

This is reminiscent of every year lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 pm

yea well both Live and 2K basically lied about having a "next gen" engine behind the new games, neither delivered new physics.... I mean Live talked about "ignite" which turned out to be absolutely nothing and actually worse than whatever Live 10 had, and none of us still know to this day what 2K's "locomotion" is, but at least they didn't put an extreme amount of emphasis on their "locomotion" "engine" as Live did with Ignite, so there's that...

Live still has slingshot player physics, and 2K's only improvement in the physics was the feet of the players stuck to the ground a little bit better, there wasn't as much "ice skating" as before, but what drives me nuts in 2K is the CPU defender knows exactly where you're going as soon as you press the directional button, like if I cross over a guy left to right, instead of physics/momentum taking place what happens is the CPU recognizes I pressed the button going right and immediately literally as soon as I press that button it sends the CPU defender into that direction because it's READING MY INPUT... I had videos of this on my you tube channel but deleted them a while back

For people that actually play basketball this is probably the biggest most important part of the game, because the game of basketball itself is basically a chess game between you and your defender, your opponent makes a move and you read it and retaliate with your own counter... comparing the game to real life it would be like me trying to cross up my buddy and he literally reads my mind the moment I decide to go right and he jumps to the spot before I even get there
ChrisCP3Paul

Return to NBA Live 15