Tutorial Resources: Templates for Crowd files and Basketball Supports, etc!

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

Tutorial Resources: Templates for Crowd files and Basketball Supports, etc!

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:52 am

I actually received this from Bassman58 2 months ago. I planned on releasing it to the public but I somehow forgot what I had intended to do, good thing is he didn't take down the mediafire link. This is a very very very very good template specially for the ones who wants to start modding!

Message from Bassman58:
1) Basketball support or stanchion = colors sections or change sponsor logos
2) Cheerleader = color sections, laces, sneakers, etc. Optional layers below can be used to make NBA style easily by changing colors. These can be re-grouped.
3) Fan1 shirt for females. fan2 shirt for males. Of course all shirts can be solid or can have slogans like NCAA and NBA teams had recently. NCAA websites are good for design ideas.
http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_UConn_H%20...%200998311014
4) Foam fingers. Never tried any text on these. Text may get inverted so "We're #1" on the finger may not look good.
5) Mop guy Color pants, shirt, pants stripe. Add logo to t-shirt and mop top. Never tried changing sneaker color but it probably can be done.
5) Fans. Added layers for different faces. New 2014 faces look weird if used on this template. Added layers for sneakers, paw print, signs, shirts, towels, thundersticks, etc. You can add face paint but that's more involved and not a beginners topic. A toque is a beanie hat.

What I do with the fan shirts and foam fingers is make a design on a copy of the template, flatten the image and copy as a new layer on the copy of the fan template. I never work on the original template so I don't mess it up. Of course people can add new design layers to their own templates.

You need to save the files like this:
mop guy DXT1 no alpha 8 mipmaps
cheerleader DXT5 alpha 9 mipmaps
fans DXT5 alpha 10 mipmaps

Download this amazing template by Bassman85 here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pd34x ... mplates.7z
Last edited by Kevin on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 Modding by JaoSming on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:32 am.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Tutorial Resources: Templates for Crowd files and Basketball Supports, etc!

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:54 am

Jao (or anyone who does tutorials) can you teach others to use this template? I'm sure everybody would appreciate it :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 am

Who is this Bassman85? Is it my evil doppelganger?
Bassman58

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 am

:oops: Changed it just now
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs