TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career (UBRv18 Supported)

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career

Postby Retroswald13 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:51 pm

intx wrote:So I got the UBR roster working in MyCareer, thought I'd share how with everyone since it seems to be a problem :)

I used the latest version(at this time v18) and used the Post Draft roster. The newest Assoc roster may work, just haven't tried yet.

Either way I just followed Retroswald's tutorial for renaming it to Roster.ROS however you must make sure the Online Data folder is deleted.

This folder is one up from the Saves directory in AppData. I deleted that folder then started up the game and I haven't had any crashes yet.

Hopefully this helps some people, I was messing with it for a good while trying to make it work.

Thanks for this one intx. I'll add it to the main contents of this thread. Thank you very much. :D
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career (UBRv18 Supported)

Postby eric1987 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:40 pm

I cannot get my game to start with a custom roster. I am using the association v18 and I start a new mycareer and nothing. I deleted the online saves folder and blocked the exe from going on the internet and renamed the file to Roster.ROS. The Online data folder is always created for some reason after I start the game no matter what I do.
eric1987

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career (UBRv18 Supported)

Postby Retroswald13 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm

eric1987 wrote:I cannot get my game to start with a custom roster. I am using the association v18 and I start a new mycareer and nothing. I deleted the online saves folder and blocked the exe from going on the internet and renamed the file to Roster.ROS. The Online data folder is always created for some reason after I start the game no matter what I do.

Have you tried the tips from intx? Because, if it's UBR then I can't help you that much since I'm not having it.
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Postby eric1987 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Yep I even tried using that same roster.
eric1987

Postby Alewalek on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:10 am

So 3 weeks nothing? No solution for that anyone found the way how to play UBR in MY carrier?
Alewalek

Postby Retroswald13 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Alewalek wrote:So 3 weeks nothing? No solution for that anyone found the way how to play UBR in MY carrier?

HAWK23 told in the UBR thread that his mod's priority is not supporting UBR for MyCareer.
Retroswald13

Postby Alewalek on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Shame,I cant find a roster that will allow play My career in 2014/2015 seson with rokie showcase using this years rookies.
Alewalek

Postby Emojigod on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi , i am the maker of the AAU Mod. And i keep running into a problem when i try to play MyCareer with my AAU's roster.... it seems that once i play the first game in the NBA as soon as i enter the conference for questions it crashes? any solution to that?!?!
Emojigod

Postby Smokratez on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Thank you! I get to play on the seatle supersonics as a center. WIthout crashing. Payton and Kemp, 2 of my childhood heroes. WOOOOOOO.
Smokratez

Postby Smokratez on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Emojigod wrote:Hi , i am the maker of the AAU Mod. And i keep running into a problem when i try to play MyCareer with my AAU's roster.... it seems that once i play the first game in the NBA as soon as i enter the conference for questions it crashes? any solution to that?!?!

Did you follow the tutorial? Rename the roster you want to play with? Because that fixed that crash for me.
Smokratez

Postby Emojigod on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:16 am

Smokratez wrote:
Emojigod wrote:Hi , i am the maker of the AAU Mod. And i keep running into a problem when i try to play MyCareer with my AAU's roster.... it seems that once i play the first game in the NBA as soon as i enter the conference for questions it crashes? any solution to that?!?!

Did you follow the tutorial? Rename the roster you want to play with? Because that fixed that crash for me.

Yea i mean i followed the tutorial but ill try again..
Emojigod

Postby aikenneki on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am

Can you play with real rookies after the first year ? Cus i want to play with jahlil okafor
aikenneki

Postby Raizenstar on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:26 pm

I already tried renaming the roster I want to use. Tried deleting the 'Online Data' folder too. Still the game keeps crashing every first game of the career. Any help? I alredy re-done the steps, created another player for more than 5 times. Please help/
Raizenstar

Postby Retroswald13 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Maybe the roster is not compatible to it. There are instances that some modders state that their roster is not supporting MyCareer or they have no plans fixing their mods in regards to their mod not supporting MyCareer.
Retroswald13

Postby slapnuts09 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello, does anyone knows how can I play myCareer with Weakobe Anime mod?

I already renamed it to Roster.ros but still I can't select myCareer on the menu. :(
PLAIN & SIMPLE
slapnuts09

Postby torka on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:26 am

I have a problem with my career mode, the game crashes to desktop when I want to play in an All-star game and before the playoffs. Any solutions? Thanks in advance
torka

Postby Retroswald13 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:02 am

slapnuts09 wrote:Hello, does anyone knows how can I play myCareer with Weakobe Anime mod?

I already renamed it to Roster.ros but still I can't select myCareer on the menu. :(

Maybe the roster is not supporting it.
Retroswald13

Postby Retroswald13 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:05 am

torka wrote:I have a problem with my career mode, the game crashes to desktop when I want to play in an All-star game and before the playoffs. Any solutions? Thanks in advance

Can you further describe the problem? Is it like that the rest of the schedule is empty and you can't play any game before the playoffs?
If that's the case, that's a bug. Just go to your team's homepage firest then return to home.
Retroswald13

Postby jammy11256 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 am

pls help can u explain to me what roster or mycareer should i load to play my career?. mine is crashing on 3pt. event after playoff on my first season in mycareer , this what i did, i first load the 2017roster file then 2017my career file Did do it correctly?.. pls help
jammy11256

Postby Retroswald13 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 am

jammy11256 wrote:pls help can u explain to me what roster or mycareer should i load to play my career?. mine is crashing on 3pt. event after playoff on my first season in mycareer , this what i did, i first load the 2017roster file then 2017my career file Did do it correctly?.. pls help

Maybe it's the roster. Probably not compatible with MyCareer.
Retroswald13

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs