How do I avoid the blank schedule bug after playing All-Star Weekend events?

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

How do I avoid the blank schedule bug after playing All-Star Weekend events?

Postby Andrew on Mon May 12, 2014 1:55 pm

You may have noticed that playing through the All-Star Weekend causes the schedule to be erased in MyCAREER. Needless to say, this isn't desirable.

Avoiding the bug before it happens

The workaround is to use the Play Next Key Game option, instead of Play Next Game. The bug should not occur when you do this, and Play Next Key Game will still allow you to enter the All-Star Weekend events (as they are apparently flagged as key games).

If the bug has already happened in your MyCAREER

If you've already experienced the bug and are now missing the rest of your schedule, you can try this fix as suggested by Unknown User:

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVDWaxhF8g
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: How do I avoid the blank schedule bug after playing All-Star Weekend events?

Postby Smoove784439 on Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Andrew wrote:You may have noticed that playing through the All-Star Weekend causes the schedule to be erased in MyCAREER. Needless to say, this isn't desirable.

The workaround is to use the Play Next Key Game option, instead of Play Next Game. The bug should not occur when you do this, and Play Next Key Game will still allow you to enter the All-Star Weekend events (as they are apparently flagged as key games).

If you've already experienced this bug, you can try this fix as suggested by Unknown User:

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjQdi4UOyc

Does this glitch only occur when you participate in the Dunk or 3pt contest? I went into the rising stars game and didn't have the glitch occur. Also, I'm confused. Are we supposed to press next key game or do what the guy did in the video?
Smoove784439

Re: How do I avoid the blank schedule bug after playing All-Star Weekend events?

Postby Andrew on Mon May 12, 2014 4:41 pm

I believe it's only those events. As for the instructions, they're fairly straightforward:

If you want to avoid the glitch happening in the first place, use Play Next Key Game when you get to the All-Star Weekend.

If the glitch has already happened to you and the schedule is now missing, then try the workaround shown in the video.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby FlyingMiley on Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Thanks for this was having probs :applaud: :applaud:
FlyingMiley

Postby Andrew on Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 pm

You're welcome.

I actually forgot to lock this first time around, so I'll go ahead and do that now. If we need to add any more information to the first post, then we will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs