4096 px court floor texture- updated "calculation file"

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

4096 px court floor texture- updated "calculation file"

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:22 am

Dec 1, 2013 - updated Calculation spreadsheet. This lets to execute the calculation process faster and easier (based on Jao advise)
Redownload Begginer's Kit if got it before Dec 1, 2013

****
This thread is continuation of discussion we had at Iamlilard texmod courts thread with Iamlilard, Sixer85 and others.

Here I post some advanced techniques for NBA2K floor making.
It is possible to import any texture size to the floor files. Personally i successfuly imported 6000x3000px there (can't get more as my graphic editing software does not allow to save higher resolution files).

So I can teach you all the tricks I know, just ask what is not mentioned or I forgot to write in tutorial which is called "begginers set"

DOWNLOAD Begginer's kit
http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=5841

Shortly will continue this project with floor 3D models resizing.
Later on will make few courts, at least a Concept one.


***
Make your HI RES court and share a pic here.
Good luck
Last edited by exrxixxx on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:23 am

HOW TO IMPORT LARGER TEXTURES TO fxxx.fies

Take a fresh (not modded) NBA2K14 floor file from your PC or CD (not included to) Begginer's Set.
As egzample I took Washington f002.iff

Open it with NBA 2Kx Mod Tool (later it is named "Tool")
File will be decompressed when you open it.
Now search Parquet and Centre Logo textures.

Parquet is DDS0
Center logo is DDS6

Close the Tool.
Open floor file with any hex editor

In the right side of the file you will notice "DXT" text.
First "DXT" from beggining is DDS 0, second "DXT" is DDS 1

Our needed files are
First DXT - Parquet
Seventh DXT - Centre logo

Image
PICTURE 1

Green area
As in the picture 1 we are moving parquet texture to the bottom of the file in order our larger texture would not overlay other textures.
Thus we add 60 to the existing 00 in that area. Result is 60

(I made that easier for you - we are not calculating exact spacings between
textures, we just add a lit more than needed in blind method. Who wants to know how
calculate exactly, ask in NLSC)

Red area
Change texture size value
00 02 00 02 change to (512x512)
00 08 00 08 (2048x2048)


Now we are doing similar with Canter logo,
seventh DXT, We Xhange texture's size value as in PiCTURE 2

Image
PICTURE 2

Red area
00 02 00 02 change to (512x512px)
00 10 00 10 (4096x4096px)

And we need to move the logo texture down as we did with parquet to.
We add c0 to existing 14 in that greeen area and result is d4
(use hex calculator to add numbers, it is windows calculator in scientific mode with marked circles "hex" and "Qword"}

co is actually 120 in decimal. Parquet started at value 60, I know it weights about 55, so it is safe to take 120 decimal, what is c0 in hex.


Close hex editor.
Open the Tool.


DDS0 - import new parquet texture
DDS6 - import new centre logo

Close the Tool

Open file with hex editor.

Go to the very bottom of the file, look at the Picture 3.

Image
PICTURE 3

Place mouse cursor into the first available EMPTY area.
Depending on your hex editor, somewhere must be an offset that belongs TO that EMPTY area.
In THE picture it is in the top left corner.
Write down this number. Write all numbers, zeros also. 022cc600

Now go to the very top of the file.
Write that offset to the blue area.
Instead of 00 24 8f 54 make it 02 2c c6 00
Same as in Picture 4

Image
PICTURE 4

Open attached „Calculate_Help“ file (Openoffice file)
Fill everything as required there.

Image
Last edited by exrxixxx on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:28 am

can't wait to try this out, looks like a great write up! Thank you for all your time and effort that you've put into this!
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

User avatar
JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29895
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Image

that is one high resolution G
Image


Reflecting on all the time Leftos and I spent on this last year, where we messed up was the "Yellow" parts. We were also a bit more precise with the "Green" "Spacing" offset as well :wink:

Very simple, and I love how you used the mod tool to do the dirty work of importing. This is awesome, and it is going to RESOLUTIONIZE (ha) the NBA 2K PC modding scene. Great great great GREAT work!
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

User avatar
JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29895
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby PepsiWithCoke on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

With this tool, Could we theoretically rip the textures from a disc image of the NBA2k14 PS4/XBONED Blu-Ray and put them in the PC version of 2k14?
Image
User avatar
PepsiWithCoke
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Parts Unknown, WI

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:04 pm

no. If we were somehow able to get the textures from the NG version of the game (not with this tool/method/anything we know of) then we could import them into PC. But I think our patchers may have a leg up on 2K's texture work anyway.
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

User avatar
JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29895
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby StormsWarning on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:30 pm

this is outstanding news! great job. (Y)
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers


Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
User avatar
StormsWarning
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 am
Location: Cleveland Ohio

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby jampasir on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 pm

ty exrxixxx...found dat missin' link w/ 'spacing'..(i tried w/shoemod)
User avatar
jampasir
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:00 pm

JaoSming wrote:
that is one high resolution G

...

Reflecting on all the time Leftos and I spent on this last year, where we messed up was the "Yellow" parts. We were also a bit more precise with the "Green" "Spacing" offset as well :wink:

Very simple, and I love how you used the mod tool to do the dirty work of importing. This is awesome, and it is going to RESOLUTIONIZE (ha) the NBA 2K PC modding scene. Great great great GREAT work!


Glad you usucceded.
Ya, I did not wanted to go too deep with exact spacings here as it would kill enthusiasm of modders with borring readings.
Mainly you have to move your texture below header information (not to overwrite it), otherwise it will be all black court and 3D models damaged.
I did not explore all court files, but I think it is enough to add "magic 60" for all the courts. Otherwise I would need to explain where are header info, how to reverse it, when to add or subtract, how to find lowest placed texture, etc.

Mainly you have to test by yourself the following.:
Open DDS files with hex editor:
When you open 256x256 DDS - scroll to the bottom. If last data is at about 0155F0 (6 numbers always) (actually we need to consider this is 8 digit sectors, if you exceed xx xx ff here, then higher value is xx xx xx 01 ).
Take the first two. 0155f0 is 01, but always round it one level higher. Make it 02.
That means that if we want safely import our texture and "the lowest" present texture is placed (begins) at xx xx 22, then our new texture must be placed not lower than xx xx 22 + xx xx 02 = 24, otherwise it will overlapp earlier texture and 3D models night be damaged what will result with black screen often.

Open any DDS with 512x512 texture.
If last data is at 02ab38
The first two symbols are 02, round to 03.
Thus if we want ou new texture not to overlapp previous 512x512 texture, our new texture must be placed LOWEST TEXTURE current address VALUE + LOWEST TEXTURE SIZE/WEIGHT (03 if it is 512x512. So we get beggining of our larger texture

1024x1024 dds - if 1555f0 - add 16 at least
2048x2048 dds - if 5555f0 - add 56 at least
etc

NOTE: for the first larger texture always take larger gap as you need to hidden header data whichs weight about 21 in court files to "lowest existing texture , so if you borring with calculations use"magic 60"or even higher number if you find bmp texture is damaged at NBA 2kx mod tool


This is not exact caclulation either, but will help you not to overlapp textures.
This is already too complicated for novice with hex, so I am trying as simple (not technically correct) as possible

Only negative aspect for not exact caluclations of spacing is more MB file, as space you did not use also weights.
Last edited by exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm

jampasir wrote:ty exrxixxx...found dat missin' link w/ 'spacing'..(i tried w/shoemod)


"ty exrxrxixxx" is acceptable.
but do not expect I will bother to answer to "found dat missin' link w/ 'spacing'...(i tried w/shoemod" :)

Please arange your questions understandably and describe situation as deep as possible if answer needed.
GL GL
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby futan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Very nice. :D Theoretically, it should be possible to change the vertex count(or is it poly count?) for the cyberface models using a similar method. So HD cyberfaces may be possible? :D
futan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Sixers85 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:47 pm

exrxixxxx, is it the same as use a lower resolution? so, I want a 1024 parquet and a 2848x1104 for the center logo, do I need to recalculate everithing?
User avatar
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Italia, Sardinia

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:49 pm

futan wrote:Very nice. :D Theoretically, it should be possible to change the vertex count(or is it poly count?) for the cyberface models using a similar method. So HD cyberfaces may be possible? :D


I did not check any other file than courts, but if it works elswhere, it is very easy to accomplish that to files where not many textures, espcially in CF

I did not understood completely what Jaosming pictures means, but probably he made HD ball, so it should mean other files can be RESOLIUTIONIZED too.
Next-Gen 60 GB game ? :)
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Sixers85 wrote:exrxixxxx, is it the same as use a lower resolution? so, I want a 1024 parquet and a 2848x1104 for the center logo, do I need to recalculate everithing?


Forget 2848x1104. I will resize 3D models differently (doing now)
I will make something 6000 x 2500 or so. So we will have effective 15.000.000 pixels imo. This is the same as 4096x4096 = 16 mln px, but if it is square, than too many pixels would be wasted as they would be outside sidelines.

a) Parquet - follow all instructions as for parquet, but instead 00 08 00 08, enter 00 04 00 04 in the red are ofr texture size (1024x1024)

b) You can finish with parquet and then make addition steps later when I will resize centre logo 3d models to fit boundaries.
Actally everybody can can do that by yourself if they are not too lazy. Not difficult, Mathematic skills of 10 year old schoolboy needed.

Recalculation needed everytime if you imported new large texture and it exceeds previous offset as in Picture 3


EDIT:
Mathematicly and technicly and physicly and ... 2048x2048 parquet exture scaled from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 and inmported to 2048x2048 is EQUAL QUALITY with 1024x1024 original quality parquet imported to 1024px.

In order to have true quality 2048x2048 in the beggining you may put side by side 4 pcs of 1024 parquet to photoshop and convert to dds.
That parquet I included to Beggine's set does not meet any quality requirements, it was just a sample, tho centre logo was tru 4096x4096 image as I put to 4096x2048 side by side
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 pm

[quote="JaoSming"]Image

that is one high resolution G
Image


Image

Don;t you wanted to posted this pic (from your thread?
Very detailed, f... awesome. I am so happy it works
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby fdlk0501 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 pm

What abut 1024*1024 *2048*1024 ?I don't really understand.
Looking forward a tool to make it more easy :lol:
User avatar
fdlk0501
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Angelo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Now the face textures will be more detailed thanks man :D :bowdown:
Image
User avatar
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 5904
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:40 am
Location: Philippines

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:42 pm

exrxixxx wrote:Don;t you wanted to posted this pic (from your thread?
Very detailed, f... awesome. I am so happy it works

it was late at night, was going to drop it by here when I woke up (Y) (Y)
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

User avatar
JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29895
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JBulls on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:08 pm

so do you know how to calculate exact spacing?
User avatar
JBulls
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Durham, N.C.

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby seanjohn2525 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:27 am

hopefully even the global .dds files can edit by this so we can change the resolution of many things (Y) (Y)
User avatar
seanjohn2525
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: imus, cavite

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby pngblood on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 am

mr. jao make a vid tutorial for this "HDfying" discovery..
Image
Through Thick And Thin
User avatar
pngblood
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Sixers85 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 am

exrxixxx wrote:
Sixers85 wrote:exrxixxxx, is it the same as use a lower resolution? so, I want a 1024 parquet and a 2848x1104 for the center logo, do I need to recalculate everithing?


Forget 2848x1104. I will resize 3D models differently (doing now)
I will make something 6000 x 2500 or so. So we will have effective 15.000.000 pixels imo. This is the same as 4096x4096 = 16 mln px, but if it is square, than too many pixels would be wasted as they would be outside sidelines.

a) Parquet - follow all instructions as for parquet, but instead 00 08 00 08, enter 00 04 00 04 in the red are ofr texture size (1024x1024)

b) You can finish with parquet and then make addition steps later when I will resize centre logo 3d models to fit boundaries.
Actally everybody can can do that by yourself if they are not too lazy. Not difficult, Mathematic skills of 10 year old schoolboy needed.

Recalculation needed everytime if you imported new large texture and it exceeds previous offset as in Picture 3


EDIT:
Mathematicly and technicly and physicly and ... 2048x2048 parquet exture scaled from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 and inmported to 2048x2048 is EQUAL QUALITY with 1024x1024 original quality parquet imported to 1024px.

In order to have true quality 2048x2048 in the beggining you may put side by side 4 pcs of 1024 parquet to photoshop and convert to dds.
That parquet I included to Beggine's set does not meet any quality requirements, it was just a sample, tho centre logo was tru 4096x4096 image as I put to 4096x2048 side by side


exrixxxx is not a problem of quality, it's a problem of space...size mb :wink:
I don't want to work with this super HD texture because my pc ( where I work on texture) is and " old" laptop that no have the sufficent power to manage this resolution...it takes me a lot of time to read the file...and open the texture and working on it. so I prefer to work in your 2848x1104 if possible...also I don't want to create a 100mb file for a court.
so is it possible to have an help to understand your porcedure in this case on this resolution I'd be happy! :wink:

I try to manage whit your concept 2848 file...and I try to change the size of center logo reading all your tutorial step by step...but no solution. also, I'm working on miami and the bottom of the offset is totally different, is cut on the end
but still no result...texture are corrupted and no 3d model.
I don't undestand how to manage spacing on the next texture ( from the center logo texture)...and also I don't undestand why when i import the new logo texture the BMP texture is corrupted .
so, hope for a help.
User avatar
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Italia, Sardinia

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:34 am

Sixers85 wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:
Sixers85 wrote:exrxixxxx, is it the same as use a lower resolution? so, I want a 1024 parquet and a 2848x1104 for the center logo, do I need to recalculate everithing?


Forget 2848x1104. I will resize 3D models differently (doing now)
I will make something 6000 x 2500 or so. So we will have effective 15.000.000 pixels imo. This is the same as 4096x4096 = 16 mln px, but if it is square, than too many pixels would be wasted as they would be outside sidelines.

a) Parquet - follow all instructions as for parquet, but instead 00 08 00 08, enter 00 04 00 04 in the red are ofr texture size (1024x1024)

b) You can finish with parquet and then make addition steps later when I will resize centre logo 3d models to fit boundaries.
Actally everybody can can do that by yourself if they are not too lazy. Not difficult, Mathematic skills of 10 year old schoolboy needed.

Recalculation needed everytime if you imported new large texture and it exceeds previous offset as in Picture 3


EDIT:
Mathematicly and technicly and physicly and ... 2048x2048 parquet exture scaled from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 and inmported to 2048x2048 is EQUAL QUALITY with 1024x1024 original quality parquet imported to 1024px.

In order to have true quality 2048x2048 in the beggining you may put side by side 4 pcs of 1024 parquet to photoshop and convert to dds.
That parquet I included to Beggine's set does not meet any quality requirements, it was just a sample, tho centre logo was tru 4096x4096 image as I put to 4096x2048 side by side


exrixxxx is not a problem of quality, it's a problem of space...size mb :wink:
I don't want to work with this super HD texture because my pc ( where I work on texture) is and " old" laptop that no have the sufficent power to manage this resolution...it takes me a lot of time to read the file...and open the texture and working on it. so I prefer to work in your 2848x1104 if possible...also I don't want to create a 100mb file for a court.
so is it possible to have an help to understand your porcedure in this case on this resolution I'd be happy! :wink:

I try to manage whit your concept 2848 file...and I try to change the size of center logo reading all your tutorial step by step...but no solution. also, I'm working on miami and the bottom of the offset is totally different, is cut on the end
but still no result...texture are corrupted and no 3d model.
I don't undestand how to manage spacing on the next texture ( from the center logo texture)...and also I don't undestand why when i import the new logo texture the BMP texture is corrupted .
so, hope for a help.


Of course there is a problem that there are a lot of people with different skills at some particular areas.
I can't teach all the basics of hex iditing, google can.

I have started this project to check the possibilities to import larger textures to the files.
Answer is known already - possible.

All other things you have to find out by yourself.
I will help as much as can, but I can't teach you all the basics,
I read or watched somewhere today that Jao probably will make video tutorial someday later. Maybe this would help more.

***
If you want to work with lower resolutions - ok, nobody prohited that,
You do not need to import 4096 or 6000 px texture.
Create smaller texture, write down canvas size, translate their values to hex and the rest as in tutorial.

If your texture is 1752 x 940 px. import that one,
Translation to hex - d8 06 x ac 03,
Use windowns calculator, read google if tutorial is not enough about reversed hex, very simple thing.

3D models and texture resolution are totaly different things and are not related anyhow between, just except aspect ratio. This is the main fundamentalsl which you do not understand yet and therefore do not see bright future with it.
3D model is responsible for visible size, texture resolution is responsible for quality


***
I try to manage whit your concept 2848 file...and I try to change the size of center logo reading all your tutorial step by step...but no solution. also, I'm working on miami and the bottom of the offset is totally different, is cut on the end
but still no result...texture are corrupted and no 3d model.
I don't undestand how to manage spacing on the next texture ( from the center logo texture)...and also I don't undestand why when i import the new logo texture the BMP texture is corrupted .
so, hope for a help.


For beggining - did you try to arrange Washington court from fresh to.modded?
Not neccessary to import 2048 and 4096 textures. Import lower 768 and 1024 if weak PC.

You've got 3D model error because you overwrote headers, verticles and bmp texture data. This is because your starting position (red area in tutorial) is moved not enough down. Start that area with 80, or a0, or ff, etc for logo - testing and testing.
Don't remember now, but it could be that if you spoiled 3D model you have to take fresh file again imo, can't be fixed (not sure about that now)

EDIT:
I am slowly working on 3D model resing,
If when I post it will be written that it fits well 5888x3054 (what actually will happen), this will mean you can import your own texture size that has the same aspect ratio 5888:3054 (1,92796 : 1).
It can be 1928:1000, etc.
If you not maintain apsect ration the image will be skewed (not simetric circles, etc)
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 am

BTW, I do not refuse to explain you (everybody) anything, just it is difficult sometimes because -
- Englsih is not my native language
- I am not programmer or PC worker and never studied informatics, do not know correct names for terms and I lack fundamentals too.
All that stuff I am trying to explain I learned by myself without anybody's help.
So I am sure you also can.

Google is the best teacher.

But slowly step by step 0we all move along and few moth later will we laugh how hard those easy things looked earlier.
Just some motivation and testing, testing, testing the files.

So ask more here, read google, proggress will come later
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Tha King on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 am

do this work on jerseys?
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:12 am

Tha King wrote:do this work on jerseys?

Someone will need to test it with the hex, but in theory it should.
Image
User avatar
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm
Location: New York

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Tha King on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am

i tried it, cannot find dxt1 or any dxt. exrxixxx, JaoSming, hope you can help us. if this will work on jerseys, my textures are ready for it.
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby kahoona on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Adidas #quickaintfair court with your increased resolution and r4zors court method. btw the lines here have been painted on, no 3d modeled lines. im loving this for court making :)

Image
User avatar
kahoona
Graphics Modder
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

kahoona wrote:Adidas #quickaintfair court with your increased resolution and r4zors court method. btw the lines here have been painted on, no 3d modeled lines. im loving this for court making :)

Image



Phewww.
Very nice that someone managed to find out how it works. Congrats
GL GL GL.
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Image

In your pic I see a problem with reflection.
This is because you use R4zor green bmp file imo.

I have similar but reversed problem - too much reflections:)
Working on this
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Tha King on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

exrxixxx, bro will you try it on jerseys?
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Tha King wrote:exrxixxx, bro will you try it on jerseys?


Ja, I will take a look quickly
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Tha King on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 pm

exrxixxx, thanks man! will wait for it.
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby franmansr on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 am

exrxixxx wrote:
Tha King wrote:exrxixxx, bro will you try it on jerseys?


Ja, I will take a look quickly


After looking through a uniform file with hex editor i noticed there was 4 DXT5 and 1 DXT1. I opened the same file in 3DM and realized the jersey top/green and short top/green all are DXT5, while the warmup is DXT1
Image
User avatar
franmansr
#SFGiants
Contributor
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:39 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby jiplatino on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am

franmansr wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:
Tha King wrote:exrxixxx, bro will you try it on jerseys?


Ja, I will take a look quickly


After looking through a uniform file with hex editor i noticed there was 4 DXT5 and 1 DXT1. I opened the same file in 3DM and realized the jersey top/green and short top/green all are DXT5, while the warmup is DXT1


So what does this mean? Is it possible to have 4x HD Jerseys too? (0 modding knowledge) :oops:
User avatar
jiplatino
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: San Pedro Laguna, Philippines

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby iamLillard on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:14 am

I succseed to incrase the texture size from 1024 to 3072 but the texture didnt show up in the Tool.
User avatar
iamLillard
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Sixers85 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 am

yeah, sorry exrixxxx I let myself get caught by the enthusiasm :wink:
I have a success to increase the parquet texture and center logo and spacing on NY and washington.
now need a way to exclude the parquet on 3d model center logo section and have only the logo in trasparency.

btw...I read and read esadecimal tables and notes, but I don't understand 2 things
- why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after..." the weight is about 55"..I don't undestand this passage
- why C0 is 120?...in esadecimal C = 12 and 0= 0 so, C x 16 (1) + 0 x 16(0) = 192 in decimal
maybe I'm wrong but I dont undestand this.
User avatar
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Italia, Sardinia

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 am

Sixers85 wrote:yeah, sorry exrixxxx I let myself get caught by the enthusiasm :wink:
I have a success to increase the parquet texture and center logo and spacing on NY and washington.
now need a way to exclude the parquet on 3d model center logo section and have only the logo in trasparency.

btw...I read and read esadecimal tables and notes, but I don't understand 2 things
- why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after..." the weight is about 55"..I don't undestand this passage
- why C0 is 120?...in esadecimal C = 12 and 0= 0 so, C x 16 (1) + 0 x 16(0) = 192 in decimal
maybe I'm wrong but I dont undestand this.



yeah, sorry exrixxxx I let myself get caught by the enthusiasm :wink:
I have a success to increase the parquet texture and center logo and spacing on NY and washington.
now need a way to exclude the parquet on 3d model center logo section and have only the logo in trasparency.


If I understood right, everything is OK for now with this part?
Very well done.
I upload you here my testing file, you can lok how my models are set as example - logo full court and parquet other dds.

A clue how to manage 3D Models here (in case you neet, tho I am sure you are able to find it out by yourself)...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/33xu4a
You may set them differently


Will answer to the second part in minutes in separate message here
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 am

I just copy sth from my PM here as it might help for somebody else.

**********
QUESTION
ohhh I canot do that since I have 0a there and cant figure out how to add 60 to that using calc.. can u help me there?

Use windows calculator.
Under VIEW select Scientific

Mark circle HEX
Enter 0A as you have, add 60.
What is a result ?

P.s. Result is 6A
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby iamLillard on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:26 am

exrxixxx wrote:I just copy sth from my PM here as it might help for somebody else.

**********
QUESTION
ohhh I canot do that since I have 0a there and cant figure out how to add 60 to that using calc.. can u help me there?

Use windows calculator.
Under VIEW select Scientific

Mark circle HEX
Enter 0A as you have, add 60.
What is a result ?

P.s. Result is 6A


ok thnx
User avatar
iamLillard
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby JBulls on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am

so do you know how to calculate exact spacing so you don't have to move textures to the end of the file or no?
User avatar
JBulls
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Durham, N.C.

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Tha King on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 am

franmansr, how did you make it bro? will you help me?
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:16 am

Sixers85 wrote:
btw...I read and read esadecimal tables and notes, but I don't understand 2 things
- why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after..." the weight is about 55"..I don't undestand this passage
- why C0 is 120?...in esadecimal C = 12 and 0= 0 so, C x 16 (1) + 0 x 16(0) = 192 in decimal
maybe I'm wrong but I dont undestand this.



why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after...

Sixers85 wrote:
btw...I read and read esadecimal tables and notes, but I don't understand 2 things
- why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after..." the weight is about 55"..I don't undestand this passage
- why C0 is 120?...in esadecimal C = 12 and 0= 0 so, C x 16 (1) + 0 x 16(0) = 192 in decimal
maybe I'm wrong but I dont undestand this.



why this 60? what is the logic on this 60? you say after...

If you explore all the beggining of f002.iff decompressed but not modded yet file you file find Seven DXT (or we can say DDS also).
Each of those DXT has it's own GREEN area as in PIC 1 and PIC 2.
But to explain that more deeply I have to expand this area to four bytes: XX XX XX XX.


DDS 0 expanded area is 01 00 00 00
DDS 1 - c1 aa 02 00
DDS 2 - 91 d5 02 00
DDS 3 - 51 80 0d 00
DDS 4 - c1 d5 12 00
DDS 5 - 91 80 13 00
DDS 6 - 01 d6 14 00

These are links to offsets where DDS data has to start in the file.
But in hex a lot of things are reversed (right to left)

So read them from right to left accodring following scheme

if AB CD EF GH
then
GH EF CD AB

So DDS 0 starting points after reveral is
00 00 00 01

DDS 1
00 02 aa c1

DDS 2
00 02 d5 91

etc.

DDS 6
00 14 d6 01


Let's analize DDS 0
It sais that DDS o starts at offset 01 00 00 00,
But it is not included the HEADER'S data capacity
HEader's data capacity is at PICTURE 5 in PINK area.
Headeris c0 9a 02 00.
We have to revers it...
00 02 9a c0

So our DDS0 offset is 00 00 00 01 and header offset is 00 02 9a c0, add and get 00 02 9a c1
.
Go to offset 00029ac1 and you will find notice changes. Here DDS0 starts.



Where DDS1 starts?
DD1 offset + header's offset (pink data, always the same)
00 02 aa c1 + 00 02 9a c0 = 00 05 45 81
Go to offset 00054581
See changes?
Here DDS1 data starts

Etc with other DDS.

***
So of we want to import larger DDS 0 texture we can not do that without recalculting spaces.
Our calculation shows that
DDS1 offset - DDS0 offset = space that is available for DDS0
00054581 - 00000001 = 00054580
This means that DDS0 has available space for 00054580 bytes

Now open your larger texture that you prepared for parquet, not with grpahic editor but with hex editor.
Go to the very bottom of the page.
What is the last offset?
In Begginers set Parquet DDS ends 002aab38.
That is almost exact data how mych bytes your larger texture require
Comppare it with available space...
002aab38 - 00054580 = 2565b8 bytes deficit

if you import that largger texture now, it will use all the space it is set + will overlapp next DDS for 2565B8 bytes more.

***
Therefore my idea was to move the first textyure we want to mod somewhere to the very bottom of the screen where is not dat at, thus will allow us not to overwrite any existing data and not to get models crash

What was offered in tutorial for the firs DDS0 in tutorial?
Add those magic 60 (just smething more than needed in order to make it easier for eveybody in the beggining).

If we add 00 00 60 00 to initial green data of 01 00 00 00, we get 01 00 60 00, as in PIC 1, just we expanded our zone to correct 4 bytes here.

What is exact offset of DDS0 where it's data beggins if it is 01 00 60 00.
Reverse to 00 60 00 01, add reversed header's data from PINK area 00 02 9a c0 = 00 62 9a c1
Go to offset 00629ac1 in modded files that is included to Begginer's guide.

YOu will find that some dat beggins here, but there are no any data before thiis offset.
Scroll up and you will notice how many data is not used in the file.
This means that "magic 60" was to safe, too much. It is OK but gives addition MB to the file that are not necessary.

*****
NOW ABOUT "WEIGHT 55" you mentioned.
Accoreding to tutorial those "55" were offered to add for DDS6 (seventh DXT) - PICTURE 2.

My head is crashing when writing such crazy post so I really can't remember what I ment with "55", but probably this was
LAST DATA of fresh f002.iff file. It is at 00248f54
Add to this new Parquet weight (last data) 002aab38
Add header's value 00 02 9a c0
= 00 51 D5 52
So probably I rounded safely those 51 to 55, which later rounded another 60.

This is needed to have enough big space between DDS 0 start and DDS 6 start (avoid overlapping)

****
This could probably be a good tutorial regarding EXACT SPAICING CALCULATIONS, just maybe need to check if there are no mistakes and test few times
Last edited by exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Sixers85 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 am

exrxixxx wrote:If I understood right, everything is OK for now with this part?
Very well done.
I upload you here my testing file, you can lok how my models are set as example - logo full court and parquet other dds.
A clue how to manage 3D Models here (in case you neet, tho I am sure you are able to find it out by yourself)...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/33xu4a
You may set them differently
Will answer to the second part in minutes in separate message here


mhh, let's say that I understand the concept of spacing ( it's very simple, I'had already undestood the concept) but no the logic of value spacing...but it's not a problem, I've used the Ariel HD court to compare with your and testing.
--------
for the 3d part, I've tried your model.but I think is not possible to find a way to my request. you know, I want to have the center logo whit transparency but with others default texture visible.so, we know that the center logo texture in 3d model have not only the logo texture but also a portion of center parquet texture...and when you scale the center you scale the entire portion of the parquet.
and I think there is no possibility to attach this center portion of parquet to the others and enlarge only the center logo object. so, need to work on parquet texture or scale it by UV mapping
Last edited by Sixers85 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Italia, Sardinia

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby Sixers85 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:28 am

thanks for explanation now...it's more more clear (Y)
User avatar
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Italia, Sardinia

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:45 am

JBulls wrote:so do you know how to calculate exact spacing so you don't have to move textures to the end of the file or no?


Look 2 posts above

I know how to calculate, but I do not recommend "Not to move textures to the end of the file"
You just f... yourself by recalculating each DDS that are included in the file everytime when you change something.
You will alos will need to move them physicly though the file, not only to give a new start position.

In addition there are the most important data in the file - 3D models.
They have to be also recalculate everytime you insert something.
It would x100 times more difficult and will save you max 1,5 MB

Better is exact spacing and moved objects to end of the file passing all previous default information.
Reme,ner that this "previoius" is still very import data.3D models, bmp texture, etc.

***
Acutally everything regarding exact spacing is already explained, just you have to the very fist large texture to postion where last default 2K byte ends
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby iamLillard on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm

finaly managed to work with 4096 full court surface texture here are some preview with no game lines (lines are a litle thiner like in real life)

Image
Image
User avatar
iamLillard
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm

iamLillard wrote:finaly managed to work with 4096 full court surface texture here are some preview with no game lines (lines are a litle thiner like in real life)

Image
Image




Very well. Congrats
waitng for your releases !!!!
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby exrxixxx on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Image

Exploring all that stuff that are in floor files.
How amazing things could be achieved here. Those embossed lines... very sexy plastic floor :)
User avatar
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: 4096 px court floor texture

Postby iamLillard on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:48 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
iamLillard wrote:finaly managed to work with 4096 full court surface texture here are some preview with no game lines (lines are a litle thiner like in real life)
...




Very well. Congrats
waitng for your releases !!!!

need to adjust some lines (free throw...and more to their correct possitions... I found the game has some wrong placed lines :(... thats why sometimes players step on the freethrow line and 3pt lines and if makes is still a 3 point ... Trying to repair that.) BTW when we save data in dds format ...the image will be a litle lower quality but 4096 is still an ultrabig foirmat so its OK (Y)
User avatar
iamLillard
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest