- 3DM Mod Tool: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3203
- Blender (I recommend working with the 2.69 version): https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/
- Adobe Photoshop (any version you want to use, newer work better): http://www.adobe.com/es/products/photoshop.html
GOOD WAYS/SITES TO FIND GOOD REFERENCE PICTURES
- Google Images Advanced Search: https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search
Chose an Image Size you know it will fullfill your needs. In the Image Type field, select face (if that doesn't give you good results select any, that option isn't always adequate). Click Search. On the top of the page, under the searching box, a headbord should appear with some filtering options, try to mess with the time filter to get recent or old results depending on your needs.
- Getty Images: http://www.gettyimages.com/
Use the Editorial section. Some searching options (example: LeBron James):
- LeBron James portrait.
- LeBron James face.
- LeBron James (open the filters menu in the results page and select Headshots at the Composition: characters option).
- Yahoo Sports site: http://sports.yahoo.com/
Yahoo sports has HD official portraits from the NBA, you just gotta learn some really easy modification of pictures origin urls.
- Search the name of the player in the Search Box.
- On the right part of the results page a small presentation should be displayed, with a portrait in it.
- Right click on the picture and click the Open the image in a new tab option.
- A new tab should open with the picture in small dimensions.
- The url of the picture should be something like this:
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/xzHE0 ... png.cf.jpg
- Erase all the bold parts:
- Click enter.
- You should have the portrait picture with bigger dimensions, something around 3500x2300.
- Save the picture.