Just Ball - Kinda like AND1/Ballup with Open Run Career - Testing Help Needed

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Just Ball - Kinda like AND1/Ballup with Open Run Career - Testing Help Needed

Postby JaoSming on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:43 pm

This was my last major hurdle to clear before I start making new courts. This was originally going to be a part of Blacktop Revitalization, but the database changes were too much for both in 1 roster, too many crashes.

The attached roster file should generate a quick 3 game season for 8 active teams in 2 divisions in February. At the end of the month the all star weekend stuff should only use the players from these 8 teams, ignoring the rest in the database. Since the entire league of 30 teams is technically drafted, but only 8 teams are actually used, each time you play/fantasy draft this roster, you should get relatively new players/lineups/experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaXXFwSYEH8
phpBB [video]

To Test
    Choose Season Mode
    Choose 14 Game Season
    Choose a Fantasy Draft
    Pick any or all of the Open Run teams as the user team
    Go through the Fantasy Draft (all generic players)
    Play/Sim the first 3 games
    Play/Sim ASW
Please check that All-Star team players are only taken from these 8 teams (team logos that are grayed out, not Xs).

Known Issues
"Court Purple" uniform color
Dunk Contest uses players on "Do Not Choose" teams
Gameplay issues with Rucker Park (ghost players)

Have fun testing! And know that UBR may have changed the uniforms and logos I used in this test, they are not final so don't worry :)

**You must be signed in to download the attached file**
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Just Ball - Kinda like AND1/Ballup with Open Run Career - Testing Help Needed

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I will give it a go tomorrow thanks jao (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Re: Just Ball - Kinda like AND1/Ballup with Open Run Career - Testing Help Needed

Postby ChicagoBulls22 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Is there a link just to the court? And will this overwrite any original files? Thanks so much for all the work you put in to make 2k PC gaming a success with a fun environment
ChicagoBulls22

Postby JaoSming on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:31 pm

ChicagoBulls22, its a 14mb download with both day and night 2k12 rucker parks in it. Those courts are also included in NBA Street 2K14, or seperately in the Blacktop mods part of the downloads database, hope that helps
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kevin on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Will test it now
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Ebraam101 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:32 am

Sorry for answering late but THIS IS AWESOME jao. Great work as always. And I tested it 3 times and the ALL-Star players were right every time.
But I have one problem, I have a white square in the middle of my jerseys and in the shorts. Can you fix it?
xoamberxo222 wrote:"We choose to mod 2k15 and other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Kccitystar wrote:"You underestimate a modder's willpower.
Nothing is a waste of time. Where there is a will, there is a way."
Ebraam101

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:16 am

might need the logoBLANK.iff file I included in other mods
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Ebraam101 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:22 pm

JaoSming wrote:might need the logoBLANK.iff file I included in other mods

Where can I get it Jao?
xoamberxo222 wrote:"We choose to mod 2k15 and other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Ebraam101

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:31 pm

right here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Ebraam101 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:42 pm

JaoSming wrote:right here

Thanks Jao, didn't expect a fast response. And can you also please finish this project because to me this is the best thing you ever made.
It is a great mod.

Ebraam101

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding