►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:37 pm

CekoMK wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
CekoMK wrote:Can someone tell me why the dornas don't work in all stadiums?

Either the stadium has a generic dorna assigned (maybe a 2k one), or just the improper one assigned. I want you to try and imagine a modder or modders creating Dornas to be accurate for EVERY team in NBA history and for each year. That would almost be impossible.

You can assign a team different Dornas in REDMC, I recommend getting REDMC (Buy it... its worth it), or if you already have it, use it.

Thanks, i figured it out!

Cool cool
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

Postby suirad on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:47 pm

WithAuthority wrote:
suirad wrote:Ok so here is my first mods previews which will focus on the 50s 60s era. The global basically removes the nba logo from the jersey as that was not on a jersey till the 87 season. I will be releasing different versions of this global as this mainly was created for the SOX as you can clearly see what ive done. Also I have full knowledge and mastered a way to implement a PSHOES system like 2k12 as at 1 point I had up to 50+ retro shoes that would have took care of the 50s thru 90s era that I made from scratch. I WILL NOT BE TAKING REQUESTS AS IT COMES TO SHOES but as you can see here I got Elgin Baylor rockin a pair of Pro Keds which it was these shoes along with the Chuck Taylors that players wore mostly during this era. STAY TUNED AS U WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE THINGS I WILL BE MAKING BUT IM BACK!!!!!!!!!! DR J ROCKIN HIS MULTICOLORED SOX ALONG WITH HIS CUSTOM PRO LEAATHER CONVERSES WITH HIS INITIALS ON EM MAKING A HOUSE CALL 1979[ Image ][ Image ]

Looking forward to this. If its easy for you to do, PLEASE include a version with regular screen coloring, for those of us who like to play from an on the court and not broadcast style TV perspective.

mos def amber as im using stockmalone edits for PREVIEWS ONLY. my separate global files will have nothing to do with color presentation. OH AND YEAH HO HUM HO HUM HMMM HMMM HMMM Image
suirad

Postby WithAuthority on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:56 pm

suirad wrote:
WithAuthority wrote:
suirad wrote:Ok so here is my first mods previews which will focus on the 50s 60s era. The global basically removes the nba logo from the jersey as that was not on a jersey till the 87 season. I will be releasing different versions of this global as this mainly was created for the SOX as you can clearly see what ive done. Also I have full knowledge and mastered a way to implement a PSHOES system like 2k12 as at 1 point I had up to 50+ retro shoes that would have took care of the 50s thru 90s era that I made from scratch. I WILL NOT BE TAKING REQUESTS AS IT COMES TO SHOES but as you can see here I got Elgin Baylor rockin a pair of Pro Keds which it was these shoes along with the Chuck Taylors that players wore mostly during this era. STAY TUNED AS U WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE THINGS I WILL BE MAKING BUT IM BACK!!!!!!!!!! DR J ROCKIN HIS MULTICOLORED SOX ALONG WITH HIS CUSTOM PRO LEAATHER CONVERSES WITH HIS INITIALS ON EM MAKING A HOUSE CALL 1979[ Image ][ Image ]

Looking forward to this. If its easy for you to do, PLEASE include a version with regular screen coloring, for those of us who like to play from an on the court and not broadcast style TV perspective.

mos def amber as im using stockmalone edits for PREVIEWS ONLY. my separate global files will have nothing to do with color presentation. OH AND YEAH HO HUM HO HUM HMMM HMMM HMMM [ Image ]

Thats what im talking about :applaud: :applaud: :drool:
Collector & Trader of vintage NBA games, DVD, and memorabilia
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby robfields89 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:52 pm

This is starting to feel a bit like that totalrebound guy with the "nano technology" screenshots that he never released anything from. :| Suirad, I know you lost your work before, but when you actually going to make a release bud?
robfields89

Postby shinron15 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:59 am

robfields89 wrote:This is starting to feel a bit like that totalrebound guy with the "nano technology" screenshots that he never released anything from. :| Suirad, I know you lost your work before, but when you actually going to make a release bud?

suirad said that he's going to make the global which has completely updated accessories for retro rosters and the fact that he has to work with getting the striped socks correct. He also said before that he didn't release everything because he aims for everything to look as polished as possible before he releases to the public (which is what dedicated modders do), just like Bird with his stadiums. It's only been about a week since he posted the screenshots, so he hasn't done much - just give him the time.
shinron15

Postby WithAuthority on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:57 am

Suirad---Are black long socks with White or Team Colored stripes possible?
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby truefaith0826 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:37 pm

1995-96 Season Opening Night.

Hornet@Bulls [CPU vs CPU], watch the last 6 minutes of the game..Hornets threatening to spoil Chicago's opening night. Grandmama and co. made a late run and erased Bulls' 16-point lead. Let's see if MJ can still dominate the game and acquiring Rodman is not a mistake.

phpBB [video]
truefaith0826

Postby WithAuthority on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:09 am

adiknbafan wrote:1995-96 Season Opening Night.

Hornet@Bulls [CPU vs CPU], watch the last 6 minutes of the game..Hornets threatening to spoil Chicago's opening night. Grandmama and co. made a late run and erased Bulls' 16-point lead. Let's see if MJ can still dominate the game and acquiring Rodman is not a mistake.

phpBB [video]

Where did you get that NBC scoreboard? Never seen that one
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby truefaith0826 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:57 am

WithAuthority wrote:
Where did you get that NBC scoreboard? Never seen that one

To be honest, I can't rememer whose base is that, I think one of Rayhoops'..I just customized it.
truefaith0826

Postby DreamKrusherJ on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:50 am

robfields89 wrote:This is starting to feel a bit like that totalrebound guy with the "nano technology" screenshots that he never released anything from. :| Suirad, I know you lost your work before, but when you actually going to make a release bud?

And this is exactly why modders quit...

Especially from people that have put in work time and time again, the benefit of the doubt should be given... especially after a very short time.
DreamKrusherJ

Postby Ballaboi on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:22 am

About a month and a half ago, I requested on this thread that someone convert the multiple Kareem Abdul-Jabbar cyberfaces over to 2k14. Thanks to shinron15 and Rich, that has become a reality!! Shinron did the converting and Rich tweaked the textures and added the signature Kareem goggles. I wanted to wait before posting screenshots because I know shinron was touching up some things on them, and didn't want to post before the final versions. However, he has gone MIA recently and I wanted to show the fantastic job him and Rich did. So here are all the Abdul-Jabbar's/Alcindor's we have for 2k14.

1971 (2k Original)

1972 (Alternate- Got from PatTheHead's 2k13 mod)

1975/1976

1975/1976 (Alternate- He was testing different goggles :D )

1977/1978 (Hopefully I can get Rich to tweak the skin texture a little)

1979/1980

1985 (Alternate)

1986 (Alternate)

1987 (This one still needs Rich's touch on the goggles. Was overlooked)

1988 (Alternate)

1989 (2k Original)

I put these two last because, to my knowledge, liuguangyi1981 and Hawk23 are the only ones who have these. Liuguangyi sent these to Hawk shortly after the last update he made, that was almost a year ago. So they may be lost forever, since neither of them frequent the forum anymore.

If and when shinron15 finishes his tweaks on the Kareem's he was working on, him or myself will post. I know he was working on the hair for the 1983,1984,1986 & 1987 versions to make them more accurate. I am waiting for those to be finished up before uploading the files, however if I don't hear from shinron in the near future I will upload and post the link.
Last edited by Ballaboi on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ballaboi

Postby Old friend on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:35 am

Without Hawk we are going to lose all draft movements this year.
That's a huge loss.

No more apperances, no more updates to maintain the topic running... I really don't know. :roll:
Don't wanna be just a negative guy in saying that, but the future of this topic relies on Hawk's ability to put pieces together.
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby lilhook27 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:20 am

What are some good Association ideas with this?

Some fun stuff I could do with this roster.
lilhook27

Postby WithAuthority on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:30 am

good lord thats alotta kareems
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby suirad on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:27 pm

WithAuthority wrote:good lord thats alotta kareems

not possible amber BUT THIS IS Image ICEMAN VS THE BIRDMAN 1980. BLAZERS AND PROLEATHERS WERE THI BIZ IN THE EARLY 80S AS 2 OF THE GREATEST GET IT ON AT HEMISFAIR ARENA Image SWEET FANGER ROLLLLLL IS EVEN SWEETER ON THE OLD SCHOOL BASKET Image ITS ALL A WORK IN PROGRESS BUT ITS COMING ALONG
suirad

Postby Ballaboi on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:54 am

Lookin good Suirad! :applaud: Hey, if you're focusing a lot on the retro stuff, you might want to get with PatTheHead. I don't know if you've seen his mod for 2k13, but he has every season from 1947-1985 including all the ABA years. Has pretty accurate jerseys for almost every year, including jerseys I've never seen made before. As of right now, it's definitely more in depth then what we currently have in UBR, as far as the early 80's and earlier years go. Obviously most of 2k13's stuff is compatible with 2k14, so you might be well served communicating with him and seeing if there's anything he has currently that could save you some time on what you're putting together. Just a suggestion.
Last edited by Ballaboi on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ballaboi

Postby truefaith0826 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:57 am

Anyone has an idea what's that sign at the base of the stand? :D
nba 2k14 1996 ring cavs2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
truefaith0826

Postby suirad on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 am

look here at 6:37 to get a better look
phpBB [video]
suirad

Postby truefaith0826 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:37 am

nice find suirad..so the rounded one is a part of the officemax logo, but I cannot really understand the blue one. LOL...I think this is the closest/clearest part of the sign in the video.

nba 2k14 1996 ring stand cavs2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
truefaith0826

Postby WithAuthority on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:44 pm

The blue logo is a stick man, wearing basketball sneakers laying on his back, legs crossed, spinning a basketball on his finger. I'm not sure what company or ad this was a logo for exactly, but thats what it was.
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby warden2012 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:31 pm

nyflava2k9 wrote:Disclaimer: This is not my Mod. All credit is due to the legend HAWK23 and the amazing UBR contributors. This is an unofficial update to their roster all in the spirit of keeping the current season mod alive. Scroll to bottom of post for Download Links.

Hello to my UBR fam! It's been too long. I first would like to say that I apologize for going MIA for a while (Jedl and Med especially). I wont go too much into detail but life has a tendency to throw curveballs at us all but I am happy to say things are finally falling into line. In the past few days I've been able to get some more work done with my roster update. In the name of not having people wait any longer I am uploading a UNFINISHED version. When I initially announced this project I had a broad vision of updating UBR sims to produce realistic stats. Your feedback helped me to realize that this has already been done... It's called URB! Shout out to Sko and Slimm for their amazing, around the clock work. URB TRULY IS THE BEST SIM OUT THERE. So with that being said, I tweaked my vision to create a sim that uses traditional 2k/UBR/MEDS ratings and game play systems. I can tell you upfront that my update will not be as comprehensive as URB when it comes using real life stats to compute tendencies and ratings...

-So how did I come up with my ratings/tendencies
For the most part my tendencies and ratings are a major update from what UBR had before and will produce close to realistic stat output. As for going as in-depth as using actual shot charts and conversion formulas to compute ratings as I originally planned is out the window. I simply do not have the time to do such an in-depth update. So a lot of this work was done by tedious drag and click methods - basically tweaking ratings, using educated guesses and 25 years of basketball and 16 years of 2k knowledge until the players start producing in line with realistic stats. The results have been very good! As to overall ratings - Some players may seem a couple of overall ratings points too high or too low for your liking. This will always be an issue because everybody won't always agree. Some players were given slight boost or decrease due to trade value, potential and team success. I wanted the good teams in real life to be good in the game as well so when you see players like Andre Iguodala being rated an 80 it's because I feel like he brings a lot more value to a/his team than just traditional stats reflect and it helps boost his teams overall rating. Also, think about if he didn't play on a team as deep as GSW. I personally believe he'd be putting up traditional stats that most would agree warrants him being rated an 80. There will always be detractors but to those people I say.... Unless you have some positive/constructive feed back - don't use this Mod. Easy. So now... What can be expected with this update?

-Added Missing/deactivated players
Duje Dukan (SAC - actual CF - png23015 - CREATED NEW Player ID/CF SLOT)
Jarell Eddie (WAS - lookalike CF - png32767 - CREATED NEW PLAYER ID/CF SLOT)
Andrew Goudelock (POR)
Josh Huestis (OKC - lookalike CF - png18062 - CREATED NEW PLAYER ID)
Sasha Kaun (CLE - CREATED NEW Player ID)
Sean Kilpatrick (BKN - lookalike CF - png8093)
Jordan McRae (CLE - lookalike CF - png18055)
Salah Mejri (DAL - actual CF - png7574)
Xavier Munford (FA/No room on MEM roster - lookalike CF - png23017 - CREATED NEW Player ID/CF SLOT)
Lamar Patterson (ATL)
Axel Toupane (DEN - lookalike CF - png32766 - CREATED NEW Player ID/CF SLOT )
Briante Weber (MIA - lookalike CF - png23016 - CREATED NEW Player ID/CF SLOT)
Alan Williams (PHO - lookalike CF - png32662)

-Duplicate player Issue avoided/resolved
In the initial UBR V39 players such as Sasha Kaun (CLE) for example could be added from the 'Draft Stash' teams. When you added them to teams they stood on the 'Draft Stash' teams as well and their current team logo would appear. I didn't like the idea of having duplicate players so I created new player ID slots ONLY for 'Draft Stash' players that are on current rosters. Sasha Kaun (CLE); Jordan McRae (CLE); Josh Heustis (OKC). Since these players were already added by Hawk23 and have portraits I didn't change their CF #'s from their originals.

-All Rosters up to date as of 5/24/16 (per nba.com)
Some teams like the Grizzlies and the Pelicans have more than 15 players on their actual rosters but in the game you can only put a max of 15 so some players are in the FA pool. An example of this is Bryce Dejean-Jones (NOP) being a FA. I simply don't believe he warrants a spot over anyone else who is on the roster. If you don't like the current 15 players on such roster than you can simply go to the FA Pool and add/drop accordingly. All jersey numbers are correct and also a few tweaks to the rotations. Again, I am not all the way finished so some rotations may not be correct. Please give your feedback on such corrections that need to be made.

-Sim Outputs
As you can see below, when you sim a season the stat outputs aren't exact as real life (an impossibility) but they are much closer than before. The best way to test these outputs is to go to 'Season' Mode and turn off player injuries, progressive fatigue and player transactions and simulate the season. This will produce the most realistic statistical results. Test it a few times before you make final judgment. You'll be pleasantly surprised. You can definitely use these rosters with player injuries, progressive fatigue and player transactions turned ON but the statistical results will start to vary. You have to take into consideration that if a player gets injured or traded that it changes the complexion of a team and how minutes are distributed etc. Still surprisingly you will get better than decent results even with these options turned ON. Also, you can expect the top teams in the league for the most part be the top teams when you sim. For example, I simmed 10 different seasons. GSW won the championship 4 times followed by CLE winning it 2 times, OKC won it 2 times, SA won it once and had MIA won it once. Sometimes, you'll get a random team like the Raptors that will win the championship but for the most part it will be the aforementioned teams. Also, the MVP award I'd guess 75% of the time is won by Steph Curry followed by Russell Westbrook and LeBron James who will win It from time to time. The ROY 9/10 times won by Karl Anthony-Towns. The league leaders in PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLKS will finish in similar order to real life. Again, I'm still no where near finished with my tweaks but I feel like I'm on the right track.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

*Results will vary. No one wants to play a game where they know exactly what's going to happen anyway. It leaves room for surprise. Will be tweaked further to get close to realistic sims as possible. Positive feedback is always welcome to help further improve tweaks.

** I have not updated coaches, jerseys or courts. I do not have paid RED MC nor am I able to purchase keys when I tried.

*** I have not updated salaries and accessories. Anyone is welcome to update these.

DOWNLOAD LINKS: I'm using a website called megafileupload.com. I'm not too big a fan of It so if anyone knows of a more user friendly/FREE one let me know. When you click the links I've posted - Select 'Slow download' unless you have a premium membership to that site. If it doesn't automatically start downloading than just click the 'slow download' link again and it should work.

UPDATED ROSTER FILE (Put in Saves Folder)
http://www.megafileupload.com/fcbW/UBR_ ... Y1test.ROS

CYBERFACES (Put in Game Folder)
*Note: You will need to either download these cyberfaces or find/use your own and rename them to these png numbers to avoid players with missing heads. Also, NONE OF THESE CF's ARE MINE - They are CF's that I have found on the internet and some were already in the mod. Credit to their creators.

Salah Mejri:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b032/png7574.iff

Duje Dukan:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b036/png23015.iff

Briante Weber:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b03d/png23016.iff

Xavier Munford:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b037/png23017.iff

Axel Toupane:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b03b/png32766.iff

Jarell Eddie:
http://www.megafileupload.com/b038/png32767.iff

Hope you guys enjoy! More updates to come...

Good job thanks, but why all the retro teams are gone in this roster
warden2012

Postby warden2012 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:31 pm

nyflava2k9 wrote:Disclaimer: This is not my Mod. All credit is due to the legend HAWK23 and the amazing UBR contributors. This is an unofficial update to their roster all in the spirit of keeping the current season mod alive. Scroll to bottom of post for Download Links.

Hello to my UBR fam! It's been too long. I first would like to say that I apologize for going MIA for a while (Jedl and Med especially). I wont go too much into detail but life has a tendency to throw curveballs at us all but I am happy to say things are finally falling into line. In the past few days I've been able to get some more work done with my roster update. In the name of not having people wait any longer I am uploading a UNFINISHED version. When I initially announced this project I had a broad vision of updating UBR sims to produce realistic stats. Your feedback helped me to realize that this has already been done... It's called URB! Shout out to Sko and Slimm for their amazing, around the clock work. URB TRULY IS THE BEST SIM OUT THERE. So with that being said, I tweaked my vision to create a sim that uses traditional 2k/UBR/MEDS ratings and game play systems. I can tell you upfront that my update will not be as comprehensive as URB when it comes using real life stats to compute tendencies and ratings...

For the most part my tendencies and ratings are a major update from what UBR had before and will produce close to realistic stat output. As for going as in-depth as using actual shot charts and conversion formulas to compute ratings as I originally planned is out the window. I simply do not have the time to do such an in-depth update. So a lot of this work was done by tedious drag and click methods - basically tweaking ratings, using educated guesses and 25 years of basketball and 16 years of 2k knowledge until the players start producing in line with realistic stats. The results have been very good! As to overall ratings - Some players may seem a couple of overall ratings points too high or too low for your liking. This will always be an issue because everybody won't always agree. Some players were given slight boost or decrease due to trade value, potential and team success. I wanted the good teams in real life to be good in the game as well so when you see players like Andre Iguodala being rated an 80 it's because I feel like he brings a lot more value to a/his team than just traditional stats reflect and it helps boost his teams overall rating. Also, think about if he didn't play on a team as deep as GSW. I personally believe he'd be putting up traditional stats that most would agree warrants him being rated an 80. There will always be detractors but to those people I say.... Unless you have some positive/constructive feed back - don't use this Mod. Easy. So now... What can be expected with this update?

Andrew Goudelock (POR)
Xavier Munford (FA/No room on MEM roster - lookalike CF - png23017 - CREATED NEW Player ID/CF SLOT)
Lamar Patterson (ATL)

In the initial UBR V39 players such as Sasha Kaun (CLE) for example could be added from the 'Draft Stash' teams. When you added them to teams they stood on the 'Draft Stash' teams as well and their current team logo would appear. I didn't like the idea of having duplicate players so I created new player ID slots ONLY for 'Draft Stash' players that are on current rosters. Sasha Kaun (CLE); Jordan McRae (CLE); Josh Heustis (OKC). Since these players were already added by Hawk23 and have portraits I didn't change their CF #'s from their originals.

Some teams like the Grizzlies and the Pelicans have more than 15 players on their actual rosters but in the game you can only put a max of 15 so some players are in the FA pool. An example of this is Bryce Dejean-Jones (NOP) being a FA. I simply don't believe he warrants a spot over anyone else who is on the roster. If you don't like the current 15 players on such roster than you can simply go to the FA Pool and add/drop accordingly. All jersey numbers are correct and also a few tweaks to the rotations. Again, I am not all the way finished so some rotations may not be correct. Please give your feedback on such corrections that need to be made.

-Sim Outputs
As you can see below, when you sim a season the stat outputs aren't exact as real life (an impossibility) but they are much closer than before. The best way to test these outputs is to go to 'Season' Mode and turn off player injuries, progressive fatigue and player transactions and simulate the season. This will produce the most realistic statistical results. Test it a few times before you make final judgment. You'll be pleasantly surprised. You can definitely use these rosters with player injuries, progressive fatigue and player transactions turned ON but the statistical results will start to vary. You have to take into consideration that if a player gets injured or traded that it changes the complexion of a team and how minutes are distributed etc. Still surprisingly you will get better than decent results even with these options turned ON. Also, you can expect the top teams in the league for the most part be the top teams when you sim. For example, I simmed 10 different seasons. GSW won the championship 4 times followed by CLE winning it 2 times, OKC won it 2 times, SA won it once and had MIA won it once. Sometimes, you'll get a random team like the Raptors that will win the championship but for the most part it will be the aforementioned teams. Also, the MVP award I'd guess 75% of the time is won by Steph Curry followed by Russell Westbrook and LeBron James who will win It from time to time. The ROY 9/10 times won by Karl Anthony-Towns. The league leaders in PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLKS will finish in similar order to real life. Again, I'm still no where near finished with my tweaks but I feel like I'm on the right track.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

*Results will vary. No one wants to play a game where they know exactly what's going to happen anyway. It leaves room for surprise. Will be tweaked further to get close to realistic sims as possible. Positive feedback is always welcome to help further improve tweaks.

** I have not updated coaches, jerseys or courts. I do not have paid RED MC nor am I able to purchase keys when I tried.

*** I have not updated salaries and accessories. Anyone is welcome to update these.

DOWNLOAD LINKS: I'm using a website called megafileupload.com. I'm not too big a fan of It so if anyone knows of a more user friendly/FREE one let me know. When you click the links I've posted - Select 'Slow download' unless you have a premium membership to that site. If it doesn't automatically start downloading than just click the 'slow download' link again and it should work.

*Note: You will need to either download these cyberfaces or find/use your own and rename them to these png numbers to avoid players with missing heads. Also, NONE OF THESE CF's ARE MINE - They are CF's that I have found on the internet and some were already in the mod. Credit to their creators.

Salah Mejri:

Duje Dukan:

Briante Weber:

Xavier Munford:

Axel Toupane:

Jarell Eddie:

warden2012

Postby warden2012 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Andrew Goudelock (POR)
Lamar Patterson (ATL)

-Sim Outputs
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Salah Mejri:

Duje Dukan:

Briante Weber:

Xavier Munford:

Axel Toupane:

Jarell Eddie:

warden2012

Postby WithAuthority on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks for all your work nyflava2k9, you obviously know your stuff. I agree with your ratings and take on Iguodala, but the one thing that gave me slight pause was the talk about overall ratings, and how some players are rated higher or lower to boost the overall team rating, or trade value. Whether its player or team overall ratings, that stuff at the very least has to take a back seat to accurate player performance on the court and through simulation. It's all about finding a balance.

my other question is, how did you handle tendencies? This is more of a gameplay thing, as only a handful of tendencies effect sim stats.

Did you use the URB/Slimm scale, where theres lots of zero'd out tendencies, the normal 2K scale (Which UBR traditionally used), or something in between? Just curious.

:applaud: :applaud:
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby WithAuthority on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Something to consider in general for roster makers

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... tings.html
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby Warlock on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:29 am

Hey guys, Does anyone have the download to all the parts other than Hawk's website? (It's Down) Any help would be appreciated as i am working with a digital copy now and i am not using my CD version anymore. (Computer crashed out, Using laptop now). Thanks in advanced if someone has saved the whole thing and would be generous to upload for folks like me and new comers who missed out on the mod.
Warlock

Postby mattcrvg on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 am

Hey guys, is anybody working on a 2016/17 update? Draft already came and gone, FA is almost done...
mattcrvg

Postby NYKnicksTape on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am

Warlock wrote:Hey guys, Does anyone have the download to all the parts other than Hawk's website? (It's Down) Any help would be appreciated as i am working with a digital copy now and i am not using my CD version anymore. (Computer crashed out, Using laptop now). Thanks in advanced if someone has saved the whole thing and would be generous to upload for folks like me and new comers who missed out on the mod.

Same question as this guy. Been away from UBR for a good 6 months after it fizzled and out and just wanting to play it again but don't have any files. I would really appreciate someone who has them uploading them somewhere please.
NYKnicksTape

Postby evob25 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 am

So... Correct me if i am wrong... Have not been on since last summer. But it seems like this Mod is dead. Hawk doesnt even have a screen name account to message anymore. It also sounds like the link to DL the existing files are gone?

Is it still possible for anyone (Suriad?) to update this mod to reflect and add the current and last yr seasons? If not is it time to move onto something like the URB Mod?

In my opinion this is the best Mod ever. Especially for retro fans. But moving forward it seems like all we can do is take retro CF updates from the URB and individually try to add them to the UBR moving forward. There are no more season updates coming.

What do others think?
evob25

Postby trizio81 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:40 pm

no one wants to start updating UBR as did Hawk .... is almost a year since UBR is not updated, I believe that most have moved on URB
trizio81

Postby WithAuthority on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:05 am

In my view for those wondering, UBR offers nothing of value over URB at this stage besides pre 1980's rosters (one thing skoadam says URB will never have), and career stats. (and I wonder how long until URB has that as well) New retro content is being added literally every update. So to stay on UBR means missing out on many additional cyberfaces, better ratings, tendencies, player gear, etc. This coming from someone who loves/loved UBR for many years.
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby Darren1988 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:13 am

Uploaded the latest version of UBR for those needing a link.

https://mega.nz/#F!whJFGZhJ!aiwQjIoijGw7_kO_0Livig
Last edited by Darren1988 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Darren1988

Postby iAmLeeper on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 pm

WithAuthority wrote:In my view for those wondering, UBR offers nothing of value over URB at this stage besides pre 1980's rosters (one thing skoadam says URB will never have), and career stats. (and I wonder how long until URB has that as well) New retro content is being added literally every update. So to stay on UBR means missing out on many additional cyberfaces, better ratings, tendencies, player gear, etc. This coming from someone who loves/loved UBR for many years.

Yeah, I think this mod is officially dead. It was great working with Hawk last year and I definitely looked forward to all of his work, but after a year with no update I think it's best to move on to URB.
iAmLeeper

Postby trizio81 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 pm

I use UBR for pre 1984 rosters but now I am very well with URB with Skoadam he is doing a great job
trizio81

Postby Ballaboi on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:23 am

Yeah it's sad what happened with UBR. This mod for 2k12 is what actually made me get a gaming PC. I can only imagine what it would have been for 2k14 had Hawk not disappeared out of the blue. I noticed a number of awesome, dedicated modders started to dwindle away after his disappearance. 2k14 modding in general took a hit when Hawk left abruptly. I've actually reverted back to 2k13 for my pre-1985 gaming. PatTheHead's 1947-1985 mod has came along way. It has more year accurate jerseys, more custom cyberfaces for old school players, and it has all 9 ABA Seasons included as well, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish what he's done was available for 2k14 since I do prefer 2k14 to 2k13, but it's a superior mod as it stands for pre80's seasons. The one thing that does keep me playing UBR every once in a while though is, as Amber mentioned, the career stats for retro players, and the way the teams are put together. Since UBR has end of season rosters, and URB & Pat's 1947-1985 mod have beginning of the season rosters. Personally, if I'm playing with a championship team, I want it constructed the way it was when they one, not how it was constructed at the beginning of the season. Other then that though, and personally not caring for URB's rating system, it's a better mod as of right now. UBR has clearly fell off it's pedestal as the go to retro mod. Unfortunately.
Ballaboi

Postby King Mellow on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:36 am

Still hoping HAWK23 will comeback...
'The New Big Three'

[Cleveland Cavaliers]

My Patching Thread:
2K14 Real and Fictional NBA Draft Class Project
King Mellow
Night Knight

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:46 am

It's unfair to say that UBR is dead just because HAWK23 hasn't come back. We talked a LOT two years ago (Wow, it has been two years now since he has been gone for an entire YEAR). We know he's busy, but he has to come back at some point to give some kind of statement at least. I've been gone for almost an entire year in the past (9 months back in 2014), I came back. He'll come back.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Ballaboi on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:57 am

On another note, I sent Rich the 1978 Kareem file to hopefully edit his skin texture, and the 1987 Kareem file to include his signature goggles. As soon as I hear back from him, I will upload all of the Kareem's and post the link on this thread. Hopefully he gets back to me soon :D
Ballaboi

Postby Ballaboi on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 am

Medevenx wrote:It's unfair to say that UBR is dead just because HAWK23 hasn't come back. We talked a LOT two years ago (Wow, it has been two years now since he has been gone for an entire YEAR). We know he's busy, but he has to come back at some point to give some kind of statement at least. I've been gone for almost an entire year in the past (9 months back in 2014), I came back. He'll come back.

Hopefully you're right Med. It would be great to see Hawk make a return in the near future! However, as much as it pains me to say this, even if he does return it will never be the same or amount to what it could have if he never disappeared for an extended period of time. Like I said in my post earlier, so many great modders that were dedicated to the UBR project, have disappeared over the last 6-9 months or so, once it became clear Hawk had essentially abandoned the project. I highly doubt all would return even if Hawk reemerged. Most don't even get on the forum anymore, so they wouldn't even know he was back. The potential of UBR is dead, even if the mod itself isn't. Too many modders have left.
I posted about a month ago, in the URB thread, a number of cyberfaces that were in 2k12 that never made it over to 2k14. I did this to try to help Maravich, the seemingly lone retro cf maker left, from having to redo from scratch a number of requested cyberfaces. There aren't even enough modders left to convert over those players. Leaving him to do whatever retro CF's are needed for 2k14.
Ballaboi

Postby WithAuthority on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:40 am

Ballaboi wrote:Yeah it's sad what happened with UBR. This mod for 2k12 is what actually made me get a gaming PC. I can only imagine what it would have been for 2k14 had Hawk not disappeared out of the blue. I noticed a number of awesome, dedicated modders started to dwindle away after his disappearance. 2k14 modding in general took a hit when Hawk left abruptly. I've actually reverted back to 2k13 for my pre-1985 gaming. PatTheHead's 1947-1985 mod has came along way. It has more year accurate jerseys, more custom cyberfaces for old school players, and it has all 9 ABA Seasons included as well, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish what he's done was available for 2k14 since I do prefer 2k14 to 2k13, but it's a superior mod as it stands for pre80's seasons. The one thing that does keep me playing UBR every once in a while though is, as Amber mentioned, the career stats for retro players, and the way the teams are put together. Since UBR has end of season rosters, and URB & Pat's 1947-1985 mod have beginning of the season rosters. Personally, if I'm playing with a championship team, I want it constructed the way it was when they one, not how it was constructed at the beginning of the season. Other then that though, and personally not caring for URB's rating system, it's a better mod as of right now. UBR has clearly fell off it's pedestal as the go to retro mod. Unfortunately.

I dont think its sad at all. Sad is a world without Retro rosters. UBR was an amazing project for several years, and URB is a natural progression of that. We still have all the work that went into UBR, and now we have something new every month from URB. We have a team updating it in the same vein, committed to retro, and also updating current rosters. The rating system does work. It's hard to argue with the numbers. More accurate sim stats + better gameplay. URB is much more refined than UBR, and nearly as massive. Join us in the URB thread everyone. Don't fight progress! :lol:
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby Old friend on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:07 am

WithAuthority wrote:
Ballaboi wrote:Yeah it's sad what happened with UBR. This mod for 2k12 is what actually made me get a gaming PC. I can only imagine what it would have been for 2k14 had Hawk not disappeared out of the blue. I noticed a number of awesome, dedicated modders started to dwindle away after his disappearance. 2k14 modding in general took a hit when Hawk left abruptly. I've actually reverted back to 2k13 for my pre-1985 gaming. PatTheHead's 1947-1985 mod has came along way. It has more year accurate jerseys, more custom cyberfaces for old school players, and it has all 9 ABA Seasons included as well, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish what he's done was available for 2k14 since I do prefer 2k14 to 2k13, but it's a superior mod as it stands for pre80's seasons. The one thing that does keep me playing UBR every once in a while though is, as Amber mentioned, the career stats for retro players, and the way the teams are put together. Since UBR has end of season rosters, and URB & Pat's 1947-1985 mod have beginning of the season rosters. Personally, if I'm playing with a championship team, I want it constructed the way it was when they one, not how it was constructed at the beginning of the season. Other then that though, and personally not caring for URB's rating system, it's a better mod as of right now. UBR has clearly fell off it's pedestal as the go to retro mod. Unfortunately.

I dont think its sad at all. Sad is a world without Retro rosters. UBR was an amazing project for several years, and URB is a natural progression of that. We still have all the work that went into UBR, and now we have something new every month from URB. We have a team updating it in the same vein, committed to retro, and also updating current rosters. The rating system does work. It's hard to argue with the numbers. More accurate sim stats + better gameplay. URB is much more refined than UBR, and nearly as massive. Join us in the URB thread everyone. Don't fight progress! :lol:

I'm willing to say the same, guys.

Resuming: Let's move to join URB, if we can combine both mods (UBR and URB) great, if we can't, let's move on.
What we can't do is wait for ever.

I think it's time to find answers.
Old friend

Postby evob25 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:17 pm

I will say this tho....

After playing around with the URB mod over the past few days... While I have not gone through every single thing....

I actually prefer using the UBR.

I think the URB is great for individual seasons, especially moving forward. I saw some impressive CFs on guys that i didnt know were out there. The accessories and shoes are perfect. The continuous new roster updates are great. And i agree, if there was a way to combine both mods, that would be awesome.

My major hang up is the URB v UBR file. I prefer the historic teams that are included in the UBR. I also think the courts/presentation look might be better in the UBR.

For myself, i am going to stick with the UBR and try to update some of the CFs going forward. I prefer the retro stuff of the UBR. And i will probably just use the xbox and play 2k17 etc if i want to play current roster stuff.

If you know how to navigate the CF files and the RedMC, i think the UBR is still perfect.

I do hold out hope that HAWK will resurface somehow to update the yearly rosters. And while i wish i could play the Durant GSW vs someone like the 93 Nets... I guess i will just have to deal, unless i figure out how to become a computer guru.

Both Mods are so far better than any game i have ever played though. And i second that comment of this mod being the reason i got a gaming pc. I'll be satisfied hopping back and forth between both.
evob25

Postby PatTheHead on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Ballaboi wrote:I've actually reverted back to 2k13 for my pre-1985 gaming. PatTheHead's 1947-1985 mod has came along way. It has more year accurate jerseys, more custom cyberfaces for old school players, and it has all 9 ABA Seasons included as well, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish what he's done was available for 2k14 since I do prefer 2k14 to 2k13, but it's a superior mod as it stands for pre80's seasons.

kiss :)
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 BAA1948/49 NBL1948/49
NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53 NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55
NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1858/59 NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61
NBA1961/62 NBA1962/63 NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67
NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68 NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70
NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71 NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73
NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74 NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75 NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76
NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78 NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82
NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84 NBA1984/85 DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-91

DOWNLOAD

PatTheHead

Postby suirad on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:39 am

PatTheHead wrote:
Ballaboi wrote:I've actually reverted back to 2k13 for my pre-1985 gaming. PatTheHead's 1947-1985 mod has came along way. It has more year accurate jerseys, more custom cyberfaces for old school players, and it has all 9 ABA Seasons included as well, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish what he's done was available for 2k14 since I do prefer 2k14 to 2k13, but it's a superior mod as it stands for pre80's seasons.

kiss :)

Ballaboi thank you for the heads up and Patthehead I just downloaded your work last night and reinstalled my 2k13 and I must say AWESOME work as you have this well put together. I appreciate all aspects of bball history and not just the current day of course. I also see some of my work in there as I take as a compliment as im glad you deemed my work good enough to be a part of your project. thank you for putting this together and hopefully I will have more tidbits of artwork to add in the future (Y)
suirad

Postby suirad on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:48 am

As far as the state of UBR stands. Hawks ability to organize is what kept this engine running. Sure he is not a modder but his absence speaks to how importance his presence was. URB has come along way and im very proud of the things that are being done as I have worked off and on with both teams since 2k12 back when it was just ubr and sko and hawk were together. My work is in both projects so I always feel as long as I can make things it can go into either one. For a modder like me it does not matter which mod is up and running as long as its one of em as I have enough know how to make changes to either for my personal use at anytime when time permits (MODDER PERKS LOL). Par the community and for the happiness of all play which ever you feel comfortable with as I view BOTH as a huge resource to improve which ever one has the steam. Though my name is on UBR as exec producer so I see it as my baby I put work into so much, URB is great and even I have it installed to mess with every now and again
suirad

Postby WithAuthority on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 am

suirad wrote:As far as the state of UBR stands. Hawks ability to organize is what kept this engine running. Sure he is not a modder but his absence speaks to how importance his presence was. URB has come along way and im very proud of the things that are being done as I have worked off and on with both teams since 2k12 back when it was just ubr and sko and hawk were together. My work is in both projects so I always feel as long as I can make things it can go into either one. For a modder like me it does not matter which mod is up and running as long as its one of em as I have enough know how to make changes to either for my personal use at anytime when time permits (MODDER PERKS LOL). Par the community and for the happiness of all play which ever you feel comfortable with as I view BOTH as a huge resource to improve which ever one has the steam. Though my name is on UBR as exec producer so I see it as my baby I put work into so much, URB is great and even I have it installed to mess with every now and again

Suirad, will you be taking us back to the 70s and 80s with a release soon my friend?? :D
WithAuthority
ABL Commish

Postby suirad on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:00 pm

WithAuthority wrote:
suirad wrote:As far as the state of UBR stands. Hawks ability to organize is what kept this engine running. Sure he is not a modder but his absence speaks to how importance his presence was. URB has come along way and im very proud of the things that are being done as I have worked off and on with both teams since 2k12 back when it was just ubr and sko and hawk were together. My work is in both projects so I always feel as long as I can make things it can go into either one. For a modder like me it does not matter which mod is up and running as long as its one of em as I have enough know how to make changes to either for my personal use at anytime when time permits (MODDER PERKS LOL). Par the community and for the happiness of all play which ever you feel comfortable with as I view BOTH as a huge resource to improve which ever one has the steam. Though my name is on UBR as exec producer so I see it as my baby I put work into so much, URB is great and even I have it installed to mess with every now and again

Suirad, will you be taking us back to the 70s and 80s with a release soon my friend?? :D

im hoping so as there are a few annoying glitches that im running into right now that im working to correct
suirad

Postby suirad on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 pm

WithAuthority wrote:

im hoping so as there are a few annoying glitches that im running into right now that im working to correct
suirad

Postby Old friend on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:19 pm

And let's strech this out a little bit more...
Hokko's absence is literally huge. I mean... HUGE!

The guy holds every part of the mod organize and put all those different work pieces together as one clean mod.
I sincerely hope that he read this and come back someday, but as far as i know we only have the URB updated... So unfortunately we still gotta be using both instead of one complete mod.
Old friend

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding