►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K14.

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

Postby nyflava2k9 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:09 am

Rsnail wrote:Maybe he needs someone to help him or even take over the project. Someone like you. :cheeky:

One step ahead of you :) Now greatness can't be taken over, but definitely want to contribute. I have a full update ready to go. I mean literally just a matter of posting the links. Just waiting on someone who is helping out to transfer my work to the roster on redmc. Once he gets the roster file back to me which will hopefully be today, everything is a go.
nyflava2k9

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster- V39.1 RLSD◄ Last Update 7/15/15-SUMMER LEAGUE ROS INCLUDE

Postby MilkTheClock on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:21 am

Cant wait for the links to be posted :bowdown:
MilkTheClock

Postby Darren1988 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 am

nyflava2k9 wrote:
Rsnail wrote:Maybe he needs someone to help him or even take over the project. Someone like you. :cheeky:

One step ahead of you :) Now greatness can't be taken over, but definitely want to contribute. I have a full update ready to go. I mean literally just a matter of posting the links. Just waiting on someone who is helping out to transfer my work to the roster on redmc. Once he gets the roster file back to me which will hopefully be today, everything is a go.

We all appreciate your work man, really looking forward to the update.
Darren1988

Postby chuliang on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:32 am

sir,pls release it
chuliang

Postby guigou on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:04 pm

chuliang wrote:sir,pls release it

this
guigou

Postby nyflava2k9 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:45 am

Coming tonight..

Please keep in mind, there is still some issues that need to be worked out. I am releasing tonight just to have something out there so we can compile a list of to do's and then see who's willing to help with what. More details on that later on at release time. 10pm ET.
nyflava2k9

Postby guigou on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:50 am

nyflava2k9 wrote:Coming tonight..

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Please keep in mind, there is still some issues that need to be worked out. I am releasing tonight just to have something out there so we can compile a list of to do's and then see who's willing to help with what. More details on that later on at release time. 10pm ET.

guigou

►(Unofficial)Ultimate Base Roster- V40 RLSD◄ Last Update 4/23/17

Postby nyflava2k9 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:50 pm

In the spirit of HAWK23's blinding yellow font, I am pleased to announce that the 'Unofficial Version 40' of the Ultimate Base Roster is here!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS STRICTLY AN ADD ON TO THE UBR MOD. YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED PARTS 1-11 IN ORDER FOR THIS ADD ON TO WORK. FOR THOSE NEW TO UBR, PLEASE VISIT HAWK23'S UBR WEBSITE IN ORDER TO DOWNLOAD PARTS 1-11. YOU MUST INSTALL EACH PART IN IT'S SPECIFIED ORDER. PLEASE BE WARNED THAT THE LINKS CAN BE A LITTLE SCREWY. PLEASE BE PATIENT, USUALLY IF YOU HIT THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER AND RETRY THE LINK OR HAVE POP UPS DISABLED, YOU CAN GET AROUND IT. IT'S WORTH THE PATIENCE! ALL CREDITS GO TO HAWK23, Suirad and team!

TO DOWNLOAD UBR PARTS 1-11, FOLLOW THIS LINK TO HIS WEBSITE:
http://ultimatenba2k.com/~hawk23/UBR/download2k14.htm

What's in the 'Unofficial Version 40'? - This will update the 2016 roster file and add the 2017 season.This is more of a beta release as there are still some bugs to be worked out. I figured having the files out there will entice people to join in and create solutions to these bugs. THE RATINGS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Please wait a few days for that to be completed. All rookies and missing players have been included bringing the rosters up to date as of 4/11/2017. The rosters will be updated to reflect recent transactions such as Dahntay Jones signing with CLE within the next few days.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A MOD THAT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED IN ALMOST 2 YEARS. THERE ARE SOME ISSUES RANGING FROM CRASHES WITH SEASONS AND MYCAREER TO OTHERS. ANY SUCH CRASHES CAN BE REPORTED IN THREAD, BUT PLEASE KEEP THEM TO A MINIMUM. I AM NOT SKILLED NOR EXPERIENCED IN FIXING THESE ISSUES. HOPEFULLY OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY CAN HELP ADDRESS THESE. ALSO, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INSTALLATION QUESTIONS AS THEY ARE ADDRESSED IN PREVIOUS POST AND ON THE UBR WEBSITE. ALSO, YOU CAN SEARCH THIS THREAD FOR SOLUTIONS TO ALOT OF OTHER QUESTIONS OR ISSUES AS WELL. PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS. IF AN ISSUE HAS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHT TO LIGHT ON THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT REPEATEDLY POST THE SAME THING.

SOME WILL BE QUICK TO POINT TO THE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE URB MOD. I FOR ONE AGREE SO PLEASE DO NOT POINT OUT THE DEFICIENCIES OF THIS MOD IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT OR COMPARE THE TWO BECAUSE I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU THAT URB IS SUPERIOR IN ALOT OF ASPECTS. THIS UPDATE IS MORE FOR NOSTALGIC PURPOSES FOR THOSE WHO STILL USE UBR. KEEP IN MIND, I WORK AND HAVE A FAMILY TO SUPPORT JUST LIKE MANY OF YOU. I AM NOT EXPECTING A PENNY FOR ANY OF MY WORK SO PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUEST OR DEMANDS. I CONTRIBUTE WHAT I CAN, WHEN I CAN. ANYONE INTERESTED IN USING THESE ROSTERS AS A BASE HAS MY PERMISSION.

So with ALL :shock: that being said, here it is:

PART 12:http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1vj5tt2m4a6fjl/%28Unofficial%29UltimateNBA2K14ModPackV40-PART12.rar
Description: Consist of all the cyberfaces, jerseys, courts & stadiums that need to go into the main folder. New ID slots have been created for all the rookies, missing players and 31 existing player hair updates. These must be installed in order for roster to work and will not overwrite any original cyberfaces, courts or stadiums. There are a few non essential jerseys on a few teams that will be overwritten. I have placed a description of each and back ups in the "Extras" folder.

PART 13:http://www.mediafire.com/file/03g03redynonluq/%28Unofficial%29UltimateNBA2K14ModPackV40-PART13.rar
Description: Consists of logo files and in the 'extras' folder, a global and assorted files which update the screens to 2K17. Descriptions of each file provided in txt. document in 'extras' folder.
CAUTION: Highly Recommended to back up the logo files (logos_large.iff, logos_medium.iff, logos_small.iff, logos_tiny.iff). I have put a description of the issues i'm having in the folder with them. They currently aren't working correctly for the Jazz and Kings but I included these files so hopefully someone in the community can point to a solution.

UBR 2016 & 2017 Roster files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h983473bq9a2dzz/UBR+16%2617+Roster+Files.rar
Description: These files go in your saves folder.

KNOWN ISSUES/CRASHES SO FAR:
-I cannot figure out the logo assignments. Help definitely needed.
-The West All-Star team crashes game if you choose them as home team. Help definitely needed.

Whats Next?:
-Updating all ratings to match 2016-17 using formulas that produce ratings and tendencies similar to the 2K/UBR rating system using real life stats for all players.
-All Star Teams and Rookie Teams will be updated.
ETA: 5 days

ENJOY EVERYONE!

Credits to Andre2K/AEMenace, Mikee Martinez, Mongolgamer, Rockprince23, JBM, Hener2k, Citrix Mods, SD Mods, BigShotRob, Mozki to name a few. These guys are the business when it comes to art files. I will be posting links to their facebook groups in the next few days.

Credits to SLIMM44 for inspiring and not only sharing your works but taking the time out and teaching others how to create true sim. Looking forward to learning more from a legend and contributing to current and future projects!

Credits to SKOADAM & MEDVENEX for inspiring and producing the best of the best, time in and time out. Hope to work with you on future projects.

Credits to TRUEFAITH0826 for making REDMC access possible for this project and putting the puzzle pieces together for this to work. Much appreciated and hope to work with you more!

ALL CREDITS TO HAWK23, SUIRAD and the rest of the team for creating UBR. I hope you don't mind me adding to one of greatest mods of all time regardless of platform! :D
nyflava2k9

Postby hungbear112 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks, nyflava2k9. I would like to ask will you also update the current team in Ultimate Base Roster.ros with updated roster? Thank you. :D
hungbear112

Re: ►(Unofficial)Ultimate Base Roster- V40 RLSD◄ Last Update 4/23/17

Postby suirad on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 am

nyflava2k9 wrote:In the spirit of HAWK23's blinding yellow font, I am pleased to announce that the 'Unofficial Version 40' of the Ultimate Base Roster is here!

[ Image ]

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS STRICTLY AN ADD ON TO THE UBR MOD. YOU MUST HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED PARTS 1-11 IN ORDER FOR THIS ADD ON TO WORK. FOR THOSE NEW TO UBR, PLEASE VISIT HAWK23'S UBR WEBSITE IN ORDER TO DOWNLOAD PARTS 1-11. YOU MUST INSTALL EACH PART IN IT'S SPECIFIED ORDER. PLEASE BE WARNED THAT THE LINKS CAN BE A LITTLE SCREWY. PLEASE BE PATIENT, USUALLY IF YOU HIT THE BACK BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER AND RETRY THE LINK OR HAVE POP UPS DISABLED, YOU CAN GET AROUND IT. IT'S WORTH THE PATIENCE! ALL CREDITS GO TO HAWK23, Suirad and team!

TO DOWNLOAD UBR PARTS 1-11, FOLLOW THIS LINK TO HIS WEBSITE:
http://ultimatenba2k.com/~hawk23/UBR/download2k14.htm

What's in the 'Unofficial Version 40'? - This will update the 2016 roster file and add the 2017 season.This is more of a beta release as there are still some bugs to be worked out. I figured having the files out there will entice people to join in and create solutions to these bugs. THE RATINGS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED YET. Please wait a few days for that to be completed. All rookies and missing players have been included bringing the rosters up to date as of 4/11/2017. The rosters will be updated to reflect recent transactions such as Dahntay Jones signing with CLE within the next few days.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A MOD THAT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED IN ALMOST 2 YEARS. THERE ARE SOME ISSUES RANGING FROM CRASHES WITH SEASONS AND MYCAREER TO OTHERS. ANY SUCH CRASHES CAN BE REPORTED IN THREAD, BUT PLEASE KEEP THEM TO A MINIMUM. I AM NOT SKILLED NOR EXPERIENCED IN FIXING THESE ISSUES. HOPEFULLY OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY CAN HELP ADDRESS THESE. ALSO, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INSTALLATION QUESTIONS AS THEY ARE ADDRESSED IN PREVIOUS POST AND ON THE UBR WEBSITE. ALSO, YOU CAN SEARCH THIS THREAD FOR SOLUTIONS TO ALOT OF OTHER QUESTIONS OR ISSUES AS WELL. PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS. IF AN ISSUE HAS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHT TO LIGHT ON THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT REPEATEDLY POST THE SAME THING.

SOME WILL BE QUICK TO POINT TO THE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE URB MOD. I FOR ONE AGREE SO PLEASE DO NOT POINT OUT THE DEFICIENCIES OF THIS MOD IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT OR COMPARE THE TWO BECAUSE I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU THAT URB IS SUPERIOR IN ALOT OF ASPECTS. THIS UPDATE IS MORE FOR NOSTALGIC PURPOSES FOR THOSE WHO STILL USE UBR. KEEP IN MIND, I WORK AND HAVE A FAMILY TO SUPPORT JUST LIKE MANY OF YOU. I AM NOT EXPECTING A PENNY FOR ANY OF MY WORK SO PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUEST OR DEMANDS. I CONTRIBUTE WHAT I CAN, WHEN I CAN. ANYONE INTERESTED IN USING THESE ROSTERS AS A BASE HAS MY PERMISSION.

So with ALL :shock: that being said, here it is:

PART 12:http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1vj5tt2m4a6fjl/%28Unofficial%29UltimateNBA2K14ModPackV40-PART12.rar
Description: Consist of all the cyberfaces, jerseys, courts & stadiums that need to go into the main folder. New ID slots have been created for all the rookies, missing players and 31 existing player hair updates. These must be installed in order for roster to work and will not overwrite any original cyberfaces, courts or stadiums. There are a few non essential jerseys on a few teams that will be overwritten. I have placed a description of each and back ups in the "Extras" folder.

PART 13:http://www.mediafire.com/file/03g03redynonluq/%28Unofficial%29UltimateNBA2K14ModPackV40-PART13.rar
Description: Consists of logo files and in the 'extras' folder, a global and assorted files which update the screens to 2K17. Descriptions of each file provided in txt. document in 'extras' folder.
CAUTION: Highly Recommended to back up the logo files (logos_large.iff, logos_medium.iff, logos_small.iff, logos_tiny.iff). I have put a description of the issues i'm having in the folder with them. They currently aren't working correctly for the Jazz and Kings but I included these files so hopefully someone in the community can point to a solution.

UBR 2016 & 2017 Roster files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h983473bq9a2dzz/UBR+16%2617+Roster+Files.rar
Description: These files go in your saves folder.

KNOWN ISSUES/CRASHES SO FAR:
-I cannot figure out the logo assignments. Help definitely needed.
-The West All-Star team crashes game if you choose them as home team. Help definitely needed.

Whats Next?:
-Updating all ratings to match 2016-17 using formulas that produce ratings and tendencies similar to the 2K/UBR rating system using real life stats for all players.
-All Star Teams and Rookie Teams will be updated.
ETA: 5 days

ENJOY EVERYONE!

Credits to Andre2K/AEMenace, Mikee Martinez, Mongolgamer, Rockprince23, JBM, Hener2k, Citrix Mods, SD Mods, BigShotRob, Mozki to name a few. These guys are the business when it comes to art files. I will be posting links to their facebook groups in the next few days.

Credits to SLIMM44 for inspiring and not only sharing your works but taking the time out and teaching others how to create true sim. Looking forward to learning more from a legend and contributing to current and future projects!

Credits to SKOADAM & MEDVENEX for inspiring and producing the best of the best, time in and time out. Hope to work with you on future projects.

Credits to TRUEFAITH0826 for making REDMC access possible for this project and putting the puzzle pieces together for this to work. Much appreciated and hope to work with you more!

ALL CREDITS TO HAWK23, SUIRAD and the rest of the team for creating UBR. I hope you don't mind me adding to one of greatest mods of all time regardless of platform! :D

I mos def do not mind and congrats on accomplishing this as UBR has always been a community project and anyone that wanted to contribute has always been able to. We always encouraged it and im glad you felt empowered to do what you have done. Your A OK in my book
suirad

Postby warden2012 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 am

hungbear112 wrote:Thanks, nyflava2k9. I would like to ask will you also update the current team in Ultimate Base Roster.ros with updated roster? Thank you. :D

fabulous work bro, hope you could update the teams in UBR someday, thanks!!
warden2012

Re: ►(Unofficial)Ultimate Base Roster- V40 RLSD◄ Last Update 4/23/17

Postby nyflava2k9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:34 am

I mos def do not mind and congrats on accomplishing this as UBR has always been a community project and anyone that wanted to contribute has always been able to. We always encouraged it and im glad you felt empowered to do what you have done. Your A OK in my book

Thanks bro, your support and encouragement are huge. Much appreciated coming from a legend like yourself. I know we haven't interacted before but its always a pleasure reading your posts and getting insight on your innovations. The work y'all did on this is truly a masterpiece, so I'm glad to contribute in any way I can.

To any newcomers who see this and dont already know.... That is the man (Suirad) along with Hawk23 and others that deserves the :bowdown: ... My 2 seasons are a drop in the bucket compare the 60+ seasons and specialty rosters they built from scratch. Much respect bro!
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 am

warden2012 wrote:
hungbear112 wrote:Thanks, nyflava2k9. I would like to ask will you also update the current team in Ultimate Base Roster.ros with updated roster? Thank you. :D

fabulous work bro, hope you could update the teams in UBR someday, thanks!!

Thank you both for your support. The answer to your question is yes, once I update the ratings in the rosters I will be transferring everything over to the ubr file from there. That's big for me too as the main thing I wanted was to be able to play cross era matches like that roster offers.
nyflava2k9

Postby MilkTheClock on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Great Job on releasing the latest ubr roster, seems the mod isn't so dead after all :applaud: on the other hand i've seem to stumble on a problem in your roster which is the so called "years in the NBA" haven't been updated (Di'angelo Russell wins ROTY). Hope you'll look into that. None the less nice job :bowdown:
MilkTheClock

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 am

MilkTheClock wrote:Great Job on releasing the latest ubr roster, seems the mod isn't so dead after all :applaud: on the other hand i've seem to stumble on a problem in your roster which is the so called "years in the NBA" haven't been updated (Di'angelo Russell wins ROTY). Hope you'll look into that. None the less nice job :bowdown:
'

Thank you for your support! Yes, I am aware of this as well. I was very hesitant putting out a half way done roster lol, but figured it's better than nothing for now. In the next few days I will be re-uploading the roster file to fix years played, ages, ratings, tendencies, accessories, recent transactions, and all-star and rookie/world teams. I think I've also found a solution to the problem with the kings and jazz logos as well but that will require just a couple days more as I have to see about getting access to redmc again. The ratings and tendencies are the biggest as I'm using real data for ratings and tendencies to produce realistic statistical outputs so players can average as close to possible their real life statistics. I've already started and for example have Russell Westbrook averaging a triple double,almost identical to his real life stats consistently when you play a season and he almost always wins MVP for this season. Joel Embiid wins ROY with almost identical stats across the board etc. This will be the same for every player with only slight variation. Stay tuned!
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 am

To anyone interested in assisting with this update, please PM me for details. People with the following access/knowledge would be huge:

REDMC - I have some help but the more the merrier.

-Licenses to at least one or as many of the follwing tabs:
-Arenas
-Jerseys
-Schedule Base
-Staff
-Teams
- (.FDC) Draft Class
-Draft Projection

Logos - I have tried to look up tutorials on assigning new logos to teams specifically without replacing currently used ones. Anyone with knowledge on how to do this is much needed.

Portraits - Again, I have looked up tutorials but the 2k Mod Tool which I believe is necessary won't work with my cpu for whatever reason. Anyone who can either update this or has knowledge is much needed.

Thank you all for your support!
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 am

I've owned every 2K since Dreamcast. That includes 2K17, 2K16 & 2K15 for X-Box one. I've barely touched those last 3. I play this because the attention to detail. The graphics may be a little watered down, but not by alot. I have cyberfaces I've collected that I would put up against 2k18! The work done by the modding community is incredible which is why I'm almost 4 years in on this game. I know basketball and you will not find another more realistic, expansive game anywhere. This is the last of it's kind, so until the next comes, I'll be playing this..

nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:38 am

Throw back..

nyflava2k9

Postby trizio81 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 am

Great work nyflava2k9 thanks to make UBR still alive ..... would be nice if you also update All Time Roster for each team with new young stars, for example:
-Towns and Wiggins in All Time T-Wolwes Legends
-Thomas in All Time Celtics Legends
-Cousins in All Time Kings Legends
-Lowry and DeRozan in All Time Raptors Legends
Etc
it would be nice,
Thanks again
trizio81

Postby Rsnail on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Good Job sir nyflava2k9 for reviving the greatest roster provided for NBA 2K14.
This could help for Draft Classes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buvXR1iJIRE
Credits to JaoSming for making tutorials on Red MC.
More power to you Sir nyflava2k9. :bowdown: :bowdown:
Rsnail

Postby nyflava2k9 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 am

trizio81 wrote:Great work nyflava2k9 thanks to make UBR still alive ..... would be nice if you also update All Time Roster for each team with new young stars, for example:
-Towns and Wiggins in All Time T-Wolwes Legends
-Thomas in All Time Celtics Legends
-Cousins in All Time Kings Legends
-Lowry and DeRozan in All Time Raptors Legends
Etc
it would be nice,
Thanks again

Thank you for your support and I think you have an excellent suggestion. Tonight I'm updating the roster I uploaded, the ratings, tendencies, ages etc. From there, hopefully just a few days to get the all-star teams and logo issues from there. Once that's done I'm going to transfer everything over to files such as the UBR main and the all time teams which shouldn't take long at all. After that I will update the draft classes and draft it self and work on a my career version. This should all in total hopefully be within the next week. Stay tuned!
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:31 am

Rsnail wrote:Good Job sir nyflava2k9 for reviving the greatest roster provided for NBA 2K14.
This could help for Draft Classes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buvXR1iJIRE
Credits to JaoSming for making tutorials on Red MC.
More power to you Sir nyflava2k9. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you for your support and this very helpful tutorial. I'm basically learning all this on the fly so anything helps. (Y)
nyflava2k9

Postby Rsnail on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:11 am

Sir nyflava2k9, will you consistently update the roster or this is just a one-time update?
Rsnail

Postby Old friend on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Please, the new crew...

Check old players , cause a lot of old teams (70's, 80's, 90's) have problems like no heads, wrong sneakers and little issues that bothers very much who like playing old mods.

That's why i go for the URB Mod, they are much more precise over there.
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby nyflava2k9 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Old friend wrote:Please, the new crew...

Check old players , cause a lot of old teams (70's, 80's, 90's) have problems like no heads, wrong sneakers and little issues that bothers very much who like playing old mods.

As stated in my release post:

I'm sorry but I wont be updating any of the pre-2016 rosters for UBR. My intention is simply just to add the current season and update last season. I too along with many others share your preference for the level of detail in URB, but UBR is a classic in its own right and to be fair it hasnt been updated in almost 2 years. My overall goal is simply to bring recognition to that classic as a thank you for all of Hawk23, suriad and many others hard work. As for the issues you speak of, most moderately experienced forum members can solve them. I for one don't experience those issues as even when necessary to fill in certain gaps such as missing cyberfaces, it wasn't too hard to go into REDMC (you can check CF ID's and update player tabs for free) and correct them. You should check out Jaosmings tutorials section. It's very helpful and informative.

For everyone else, please be patient with any glitches in my initial release as they are being solved. I'm a long time forum member but new to roster editing on this scale. Instead of just commenting and downloading like I used to, I wanted something to be done (updated rosters for UBR), took the initiative and am learning as I go along.

PS. The reason for the timing of my releases is because I'm pouring more time into URB than anything. More details on that another time :D
Last edited by nyflava2k9 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 am

HELP NEEDED:
I am trying to update the All-Star, Rookie, and Elite & Stars teams... So I updated all them in the "Teams" tab but they are not updating in game. I'm guessing that in order to update those teams I would need access to the "Overriding_Rotations" tab. Is this correct?
nyflava2k9

Postby PatTheHead on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 pm

nyflava2k9 wrote:HELP NEEDED:
I am trying to update the All-Star, Rookie, and Elite & Stars teams... So I updated all them in the "Teams" tab but they are not updating in game. I'm guessing that in order to update those teams I would need access to the "Overriding_Rotations" tab. Is this correct?

yes, you have to edit them in tab "Overriding_Rotations" as well.
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 BAA1948/49 NBL1948/49
NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53 NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55
NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1858/59 NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61
NBA1961/62 NBA1962/63 NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67
NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68 NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70
NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71 NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73
NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74 NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75 NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76
NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78 NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82
NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84 NBA1984/85 DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-85

DOWNLOAD

PatTheHead

Postby Old friend on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:11 am

nyflava2k9 wrote:

As stated in my release post:

I'm sorry but I wont be updating any of the pre-2016 rosters for UBR. My intention is simply just to add the current season and update last season. I too along with many others share your preference for the level of detail in URB, but UBR is a classic in its own right and to be fair it hasnt been updated in almost 2 years. My overall goal is simply to bring recognition to that classic as a thank you for all of Hawk23, suriad and many others hard work. As for the issues you speak of, most moderately experienced forum members can solve them. I for one don't experience those issues as even when necessary to fill in certain gaps such as missing cyberfaces, it wasn't too hard to go into REDMC (you can check CF ID's and update player tabs for free) and correct them. You should check out Jaosmings tutorials section. It's very helpful and informative.

For everyone else, please be patient with any glitches in my initial release as they are being solved. I'm a long time forum member but new to roster editing on this scale. Instead of just commenting and downloading like I used to, I wanted something to be done (updated rosters for UBR), took the initiative and am learning as I go along.

PS. The reason for the timing of my releases is because I'm pouring more time into URB than anything. More details on that another time :D

Ok, understood and i agree with you pal.
No disapointments, no need for sorries and you did a great job btw. :D
Old friend

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue May 02, 2017 11:15 am

PatTheHead wrote:
nyflava2k9 wrote:HELP NEEDED:

yes, you have to edit them in tab "Overriding_Rotations" as well.

Thanks bro! Huge fan of your work! Would love to work with you. Pm me if you can use some help
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue May 02, 2017 1:53 pm

@Old Friend -Thank you for your kind words and support.

To everyone: Update coming in 2 days. Busy weekend, but will finally have some free time. All player ratings will be updated, calculated using real stats for every single player to produce realistic statistical outputs and gameplay. Also, ages, years pro, the logo issues, accessories, team colors and shoes have been corrected. I've also added a bunch of improved cyberfaces, courts and stadiums as well. The all-star teams are the only thing that will be standing in the way of being a finished product but that's an easy fix. More details at release.
nyflava2k9

Postby hungbear112 on Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 pm

nyflava2k9, Thank you for your great work and I am looking forward for your update! :D

However, I noticed that in 2017 mod, Luwawu-Cabarrot has no cyberface. Would you please take a look of this? Thank you. :D
hungbear112

Postby nyflava2k9 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:19 am

hungbear112 wrote:nyflava2k9, Thank you for your great work and I am looking forward for your update! :D

However, I noticed that in 2017 mod, Luwawu-Cabarrot has no cyberface. Would you please take a look of this? Thank you. :D

Thank you for your kind words and support :) Thank you for pointing that out as well, will be included in tonight's release.
nyflava2k9

Postby MilkTheClock on Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 am

will be included in tonight's release.

Time sure flies :mrgreen: :bowdown:
MilkTheClock

Postby evob25 on Fri May 05, 2017 9:30 am

Wow.. just checked in after months away. Nyflava! So great. Thank you for your efforts. I used to try and create/track down CFs for Hawk. I'll do best i can to assist this summer. I never messed with the UBR, in terms of editing things on my own, in hopes that someday something like this would be resurrected.

I'll do everything i can to try and add. A couple years ago you sent me a great Bobby Hurley CF. I appreciated it. I hope i can do what i can. Not very tech sauvy, but i hope to contribute to keep this going!

Great to see this getting off the ground again! Thanks!
evob25

Postby Rsnail on Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 am

Can you name players from the 70's, 80's, that have no cfs?
Rsnail

Postby MilkTheClock on Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 pm

So when will you release it :(
MilkTheClock

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue May 09, 2017 7:44 am

My apologies to everyone waiting on an update. I've been swamped at work these past few weeks. Got done with everything on my plate so I thought, only to have a second serving of work load to replace it. With that being said, I've still been working on some edits for a the few minutes a day I get to. The results have been extremely promising.

My main thing was having good gameplay that matches real life outcomes all the while maintaining 2ks rating system and it seems to be working fine. When I play against the CPU, scores, team stat categories and percentages have all been in line with realistic outputs. Nothing perfect, but good, realistic gameplay. As for ratings, I compared what I have to 2k17 overall ratings and to my surprise they are eerily close. With this in place, when you play Association for example, since overalls are in line, its a lot harder to build super teams and fleece the CPU in trades. Also, since statistical outputs are in line, the season ending awards are very accurate as well. Joel Embiid wins rookie of the year, although he will also miss a ton of games. Russell Westbrook wins MVP and for example in my last sim averaged 31.2ppg, 10.8RPG, 10.4APG. Not exactly his real life averages but very close. The All-NBA first team was Westbrook, Harden, James, Leonard and Cousins. Again not exact, but close to what I'd expect those to be. I've also updated all the free agents so the best FA's available are same as real life. Andrew Bogut is the top Rated FA at a 73 overall. I've added/boosted the top D-League players (rated 67-69 overall) so the top available free agents are mostly them, like in real life. Players like Emeka Okafor who haven't played in years and retirees like Andre Miller have been dropped into the 50 overall range as well so zero chance of them being signed by another team in Association mode as that's not realistic and will eventually be removed all together. Very happy overall with how its turning out.

I just ask all to be patient. I'm a do it the right way kind of guy, maybe slight ocd lol, but I want to give you all something great hence the wait. It won't be perfect, but I promise its worth the wait. Given my crazy work schedule, I will no longer put ETA's on releases just so I don't have any one waiting. This update will be the biggest hence why its taking so long, but any future updates should be fairly easy as they will be cosmetic like new courts and cyberfaces.

Thank you all for your support and understanding. Gameplay and realism is the reason we play first and foremost so having those two in line is key. I'm getting closer by the day and will be released very soon.
nyflava2k9

Postby nyflava2k9 on Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 am

evob25 wrote:Wow.. just checked in after months away. Nyflava! So great. Thank you for your efforts. I used to try and create/track down CFs for Hawk. I'll do best i can to assist this summer. I never messed with the UBR, in terms of editing things on my own, in hopes that someday something like this would be resurrected.

I'll do everything i can to try and add. A couple years ago you sent me a great Bobby Hurley CF. I appreciated it. I hope i can do what i can. Not very tech sauvy, but i hope to contribute to keep this going!

Great to see this getting off the ground again! Thanks!

Thank you for your support evob25! I remember that as well. Good to see you back. I will be pm'ing you to discuss what we can accomplish.
nyflava2k9

Postby hungbear112 on Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 pm

nyflava2k9 wrote:My apologies to everyone waiting on an update. I've been swamped at work these past few weeks. Got done with everything on my plate so I thought, only to have a second serving of work load to replace it. With that being said, I've still been working on some edits for a the few minutes a day I get to. The results have been extremely promising.

My main thing was having good gameplay that matches real life outcomes all the while maintaining 2ks rating system and it seems to be working fine. When I play against the CPU, scores, team stat categories and percentages have all been in line with realistic outputs. Nothing perfect, but good, realistic gameplay. As for ratings, I compared what I have to 2k17 overall ratings and to my surprise they are eerily close. With this in place, when you play Association for example, since overalls are in line, its a lot harder to build super teams and fleece the CPU in trades. Also, since statistical outputs are in line, the season ending awards are very accurate as well. Joel Embiid wins rookie of the year, although he will also miss a ton of games. Russell Westbrook wins MVP and for example in my last sim averaged 31.2ppg, 10.8RPG, 10.4APG. Not exactly his real life averages but very close. The All-NBA first team was Westbrook, Harden, James, Leonard and Cousins. Again not exact, but close to what I'd expect those to be. I've also updated all the free agents so the best FA's available are same as real life. Andrew Bogut is the top Rated FA at a 73 overall. I've added/boosted the top D-League players (rated 67-69 overall) so the top available free agents are mostly them, like in real life. Players like Emeka Okafor who haven't played in years and retirees like Andre Miller have been dropped into the 50 overall range as well so zero chance of them being signed by another team in Association mode as that's not realistic and will eventually be removed all together. Very happy overall with how its turning out.

I just ask all to be patient. I'm a do it the right way kind of guy, maybe slight ocd lol, but I want to give you all something great hence the wait. It won't be perfect, but I promise its worth the wait. Given my crazy work schedule, I will no longer put ETA's on releases just so I don't have any one waiting. This update will be the biggest hence why its taking so long, but any future updates should be fairly easy as they will be cosmetic like new courts and cyberfaces.

Thank you all for your support and understanding. Gameplay and realism is the reason we play first and foremost so having those two in line is key. I'm getting closer by the day and will be released very soon.

Thank you, nyflava2k9! Hopefully I could see your release very soon :D
hungbear112

Postby Old friend on Wed May 10, 2017 2:49 am

Rsnail wrote:

Can you name players from the 70's, 80's, that have no cfs?

Got check again, really can't remember... But just leave it pal. Guys are not concern about old seasons and that's far, far away from complaining... instead it's really nice that someone is still looking for this thread.
Old friend

Postby Rsnail on Wed May 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Sir nyflava2k9, I noticed that teams from the Main UBR have coaches that do not have ratings on their coaching profiles. Would like to see that you can work out that too for the sake of realism. If you are not willing to do it, I will.
Rsnail

Postby Rsnail on Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 am

Updates?
Rsnail

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Releases & Previews