Editing Coaches?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Editing Coaches?

Postby Retroswald13 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Any way on editing coaches? Not playbooks. The coach themselves. Thanks. Hoping for an immediately response. :D
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:58 am.
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Re: Editing Coaches?

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Right now, the only external roster editing option is hex editing the roster.iff file, so that'd be the place to start; JaoSming's been building up those resources in the Tutorials section. We'll be able to do much more with the coaches (and much more easily) once the new RED MC is available.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Retroswald13 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:52 pm

In editing roster.iff using HoS, does it only change the default roster file or any file? :idea:
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Postby Devilish on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:48 am

Im having some trouble with this actually using REDMC
how come some coaches i change come out with black hands and how do i fix this?
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Postby RICH72601 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 am

The black hands are usually directly connected to the .iff file of that particular coach. It's any easy fix. I think someone actually released a coach fix download some time ago.
RICH72601

Postby Devilish on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:37 am

RICH72601 wrote:The black hands are usually directly connected to the .iff file of that particular coach. It's any easy fix. I think someone actually released a coach fix download some time ago.

I figured the arms and CF were together in the iff but seems this is more like a coaching slotting issue
i even removed the Team ID for the coach as -1 and put another coach as the teams head coach and changed the slot type for them as well and what happen was the coach had no name no stats or profile information except for the coaching style but teaching and potential etc was blank
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding