3DM program question???

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

3DM program question???

Postby snake212 on Mon May 16, 2022 6:24 pm

Ok so I'm trying to create a cyberface and I noticed that some of the player model IFF files work when you drag them into the 3DM program, and some of them don't....So why is it that some of the IFF model files information don't come up when you drag them in???? Please help....This is the only thing that holding me back right now

Thanks
snake212

Re: 3DM program question???

Postby simonphoenix on Mon May 16, 2022 8:26 pm

you have to use Red MC to open those iff files
simonphoenix

Postby snake212 on Tue May 17, 2022 1:27 am

simonphoenix wrote:you have to use Red MC to open those iff files

Ok so like I'm trying to edit rookie micheal jordan png1726. But it doesn't link up to the 3DM program. So what should i change in the Red MC program.
snake212

Postby icecr on Tue May 17, 2022 2:52 am

snake212 wrote:Ok so like I'm trying to edit rookie micheal jordan png1726. But it doesn't link up to the 3DM program. So what should i change in the Red MC program.

You can open all the default files of the game with the 3DM tool without any problems. But you will not be able to open those files that were made by modders and saved using Red MC (In fact, you can use the same Red MC, but with access only to the texture, not to the model. But using other people's textures on your models is not very honest, so I strongly recommend doing everything yourself.). Take the default roster files and assign them any numbers after editing.
sorry for my bad english :facepalm:
icecr

Postby snake212 on Tue May 17, 2022 5:42 am

icecr wrote:
snake212 wrote:Ok so like I'm trying to edit rookie micheal jordan png1726. But it doesn't link up to the 3DM program. So what should i change in the Red MC program.

You can open all the default files of the game with the 3DM tool without any problems. But you will not be able to open those files that were made by modders and saved using Red MC (In fact, you can use the same Red MC, but with access only to the texture, not to the model. But using other people's textures on your models is not very honest, so I strongly recommend doing everything yourself.). Take the default roster files and assign them any numbers after editing.

Thank you icecr. Yeah i kinda figured that was the reason. Ok
snake212

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding