RedMC help

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

RedMC help

Postby skateguy0708 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:40 am

Just curious if anyone that has a fully licensed RedMC that still mods 2k14 would be willing to help me with something small. I have a court already made but I wanted to go into an pre-existing made arena and basically replace it's current floor with the new one I had made. Also if possible I wanted to bleacher seats to be changed to burgundy color if possible. If anyone can help me with this I would be very appreciated, comment below or message me if you are willing to. Thanks in advance for the views and responses, hope everyone has a very blessed rest of their day/night! :D
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 am.
skateguy0708

Re: RedMC help

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm

You won't need RedMC just find the team id of the teams floor your replacing by going into the id list in tutorials then change the file to sxxx.off of the id and overwrite the file. If its for a different mod you can use RedMC to open up the roster file and find it in the teams section.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 pm

If I understood you well, I think you don't need RedMC for that. Just rename your floor file to the one you want to replace, and open arena (s***.iff) file in NBA2KX Mod Tool and find texture of those bleacher seats,edit it in Photoshop to make colour you want, and replace it. :D
Wolfy03

Postby skateguy0708 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:42 pm

guys the reason I need it is because the arena/court I am trying to overwrite the floor on is file locked in redMC, 2kSerbia told me this. The court is one of the courts in his ABA EL 2k17 mod
skateguy0708

Postby Bassman58 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 am

The IFF files are locked and can not be edited by you. They can be renamed to the name the ABL/EL mod uses. The free version of RedMC can help you find the name of the floor and stadium files. If the stadium file is locked you can't change the color of the seats.
Bassman58

Postby skateguy0708 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:16 am

Bassman58 wrote:The IFF files are locked and can not be edited by you. They can be renamed to the name the ABL/EL mod uses. The free version of RedMC can help you find the name of the floor and stadium files. If the stadium file is locked you can't change the color of the seats.

So just again to clarify, you are saying that even a person with the full version of redmc cant edit the files unless they are the creator themself? Because as stated before i told something else.
skateguy0708

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 am

skateguy0708 wrote:
Bassman58 wrote:The IFF files are locked and can not be edited by you. They can be renamed to the name the ABL/EL mod uses. The free version of RedMC can help you find the name of the floor and stadium files. If the stadium file is locked you can't change the color of the seats.

So just again to clarify, you are saying that even a person with the full version of redmc cant edit the files unless they are the creator themself? Because as stated before i told something else.

Trust me, I was working on that mod alongside Samke, and other guys from 2K Serbia team, he probably told you that .iff files are locked with RedMC, so that means you can't open them without RedMC and edit them by yourself. But, you can name, your floor/arena file same as floor/arena file from patch and overwrite it. For that you don't need full version of RedMC, just free version, to see how those files are named.
Wolfy03

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:40 am

skateguy0708, I don't have the license to edit IFF files using RedMC myself so I can't answer your question. I have been unable to open some IFF files and have read in various posts that these files were probably locked. Maybe somebody that knows for sure can elaborate. I think Wolfy03 may have answered your question.
Bassman58

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding