How to do Striped MEDIUM socks?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

How to do Striped MEDIUM socks?

Postby fedfed123 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:57 am

Like the title says, how do i shorten my long striped socks in my global to medium length? In other globals, I see that they are able to shorten the striped long socks like this:

So, what I did is I exported the DDS texture file (588) from a global that already has a striped MEDIUM length to my global. But the problem is the length is still long in my global. What DDS texture (or any other file) do i need to import to my global that will turn any striped long socks texture to medium length in my global?
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm.
fedfed123

Re: How to do Striped MEDIUM socks?

Postby arden_05 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:43 pm

I've been searching for the answer to this question as well. It would be appreciated if someone could give a quick tutorial.
arden_05

Postby Arguelles2k on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:18 am

The most possible to do that is to edit the 3d model of the high socks. By doing this, you need: Blender(any version) and 3DM Mod tool.

1: You need to Open the global.iff with the 3dm mod tool.
2: Then find for the following body types: Normal = "4A610FDA", Fat = "7DA47411", Slim = "537BA67B", and Athletic = "E9B23D51".
3: You have to edit the 3d model of the high socks from every body models but I will just demonstrate one body model.
4: So export the body model from the 3dm mod tool and import it to blender.
5: Look for "0-58" (Right leg) and "0-26" (Left leg)
6: Resize it using scale (Hotkey "s") or grab (Hotkey "g") and drag. Do whatever you like with the model.
7: If your done with it, export the model from blender, (make sure you are in "Object mode" not in "Edit Mode" or "Texture mode" because it will cause error when you import it in mod tool.
8: Import it in the global.iff using 3dm mod tool.
9: You're done. check in game.

Mind to check out my page here: https://web.facebook.com/Dann2kMods
I mod cyberfaces, globals, audio, jersey, floor, callnames, and in progress with custom commentary.
Arguelles2k

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:48 am

excited for the custom commentary arguelles.. will it be roster bound ?? would love to have it for URB
johnwest1985

Postby Arguelles2k on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:39 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:excited for the custom commentary arguelles.. will it be roster bound ?? would love to have it for URB

Yes sir it is bound with the NCR roster. I am thinking that maybe I could add kobe or garnett replacing steve kerr's voice (since he's no longer a commentator in the NBA right not). The only problem I got right now it dealing with the empty description of the 77,000+ audios. So I have to rename it first before doing any editing. I don't have problem with the editing the audio because I totally get the idea of 2k for the Audio_M, Last name tab, and first name tab of the roster. ☺

EDIT:

Also, some of the retired players like Marcus Camby's audio id in the game is totally unused. Maybe I am thinking that it would be very beautiful if I am going to replace it with Joel Embiid's name. Example, Marcus Camby has rebounding skills so everytime a player with the id of Camby grabs a rebound, the commentator said, "Rebound by Marcus Camby" or "Marcus Camby grabs the rebound" something like that. So if the "Marcus Camby" (audio) replace with the combination name of "Joel Anthony"(Joel) + ("Em" in the last name "Embry" and "vid" in "David") = "Joel Embiid" (audio).

It's a rough mod since I have to replace also not just Kevin Harlan's voice but also the rest of the commentator including Doris Burke's sideline report.
Anyway, I am at 2567 line in the audio file out of 77,000+ audio.
Arguelles2k

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding