Animation Patch: Collab with Medevenx, Meds V3.1b Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Animation Patch: Modded Animations V2

Postby Seushir0 on Wed May 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Since I was on Leave to get my requirements for the new company I got a whole day off. I had a lot of time to check the latest version and found some bugs and errors that I will now address.

Additional updates:
1. Ginobilli Gamez shot disappeared in version 3 and got corrupt now it is back
2. H. Barnes for left handed players had wrong assigned mirror now is fixed
3. V. Carter had the same animation as J. Harden so Changed it
4. D. Lee Base slot now changed no more duplicate as indicated by Meds
5. B. Griffin Base slot now changed no more duplicate
6. A. Stoudemire Base updated once again with new animation
7. R. Westbrook Base updated with new animation
8. D. Willaiams Base Updated with new animation

All of them have been uploaded to Meds Compatible V3 and should be final in terms of Shooting Forms and Animations to be uploaded.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Medevenx on Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

The A. Stoudemire was awesome, I use it now for Marcio Lassiter. Hopefully that's still the animation but slowed down a bit (I can't pump fake with it because it's too fast)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Medevenx wrote:The A. Stoudemire was awesome, I use it now for Marcio Lassiter. Hopefully that's still the animation but slowed down a bit (I can't pump fake with it because it's too fast)

I just took it out lol. The pumpfake is just a Twitch, converted rebounds as a base have no Pump Fake animations

Edit*

Oh Yeah Meds which Follow thru is good for Curry Base? I plan on changing the one he has now as it sometimes goes thru his back in the shot gather when doing quick step back jumpers.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Medevenx on Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Seushir0 wrote:I just took it out lol. The pumpfake is just a Twitch, converted rebounds as a base have no Pump Fake animations

Edit*

Oh Yeah Meds which Follow thru is good for Curry Base? I plan on changing the one he has now as it sometimes goes thru his back in the shot gather when doing quick step back jumpers.

I will fight for that Stoudemire jumper lol

I'm kind of unsure, Stephen Curry's shot is very versatile in real life. I don't think we can ever get it correctly. I don't think Steph Curry even understood what he was doing when he did the motion capture for 2K because 2K still thinks it's a two-motion shot (I assume you always watch Pro Shot System, that's awesome). Either way I am currently very happy with the Stephen Curry shot.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 pm

I will return that Stoudamire, but the current animation on it is to go to O. Robertson since it is just a Wade speed up version

I will try to capture the glitch shot of Curry and show you why I want only the follow thru release changed...

*Edit: here it is

ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Seushir0 on Wed May 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Uploaded to V3 for the Nth time today: (Y)

A. Stoudemire base is back. A. Stoudemire and K. Walker have been hex edited further and now has shot fakes as requested.

Changed Curry's Lean/Follow thru release until we can find the most suitable one. it is matched to release 29 for now.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Medevenx on Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 am

Downloading! Last request, hope you can update the first post so we don't have to keep going back to page 7 lol
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Animation Patch: Collab with Medevenx, V3 Patch Released

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 am

I love all the amazing work being done here! Is the V3 release going to bring those animations back to default that some users complained about?

Just curious. Either way, great work!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Culture Games on Thu May 19, 2016 7:37 am

Med attaching his name to this is major credibility in my eyes.

My question is, Is this viable to use for someone who does NOT use current rosters. Retro rosters only. Is it pointless to use this? Or does it improve animations in a general sense? I dont want a patch that skews only toward 'modern' NBA, just a better more realistic looking game of basketball.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby skoadam on Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 am

tbh i need more time to be sure about mod, not only this one, any mod. I played few games using this mod, ofc i saw a lot of great things, its obvious but when i started to look closer i saw many ball glitches here and there also im still not sure about how much this affect gameplay, i have nothing against you Seushiro, you did great work, refresh 2k14 etc; im just not 100% if you change one thing here but ruin other somewhere else. I just need time and need to be 100% sure to make my final statement/opinion about your work, not 99%, but 100%.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby dwadeflash03 on Thu May 19, 2016 9:45 am

Amazing work on having multiple animations for Currys shot! Is the 40 ft Mod still part of the latest update for lillard and curry?
dwadeflash03

Postby Seushir0 on Thu May 19, 2016 10:53 am

Dee4Three wrote:I love all the amazing work being done here! Is the V3 release going to bring those animations back to default that some users complained about?

Thanks. Animation default releases and bases, as long as original are in there. What we did is we used the duplicate slots to become space for newer animations (Just like Jumpshot 26 and K. Martin base are the same we swapped K. Martin with something new and thus a new base to use there are quite a lot of Signature shots with bases just being repeats).

I would say the main difference here from Gamez is we did not try to mix and match for owner of the sig shot anymore. That was something games did as he made players fit their own Sig Shot to be accurate but that did not remove duplicates totally. So to put it simple all those Release Form names R. Anderson - D. Williams just look like Release 93 and onwards to us where a lot more players can use more forms and bases.

WithAuthority wrote:Med attaching his name to this is major credibility in my eyes.

My question is, Is this viable to use for someone who does NOT use current rosters. Retro rosters only. Is it pointless to use this? Or does it improve animations in a general sense? I dont want a patch that skews only toward 'modern' NBA, just a better more realistic looking game of basketball.

Yep so I am just the staff here and he is the one really directing what is going to happen here (Y) . As for your question it is not viable to a lot of current rosters out there unless the players slots have been adjusted. If you would notice a few post earlier Medevenx posted and excel sheet where you can copy the values you have from the roster and it will give the corresponding slots for the default animations. We are so used to just going for Signature player names in looking for animations but most are really just there in Shot Release Forms and Shooting bases. So in short just dumping the Version 3 is not a viable option unless it is adjusted. However that is why I have my Clean Fix Mod out for the default shots and bases, but with all the other animation benefits.

skoadam wrote:tbh i need more time to be sure about mod, not only this one, any mod. I played few games using this mod, ofc i saw a lot of great things, its obvious but when i started to look closer i saw many ball glitches here and there also im still not sure about how much this affect gameplay, i have nothing against you Seushiro, you did great work, refresh 2k14 etc; im just not 100% if you change one thing here but ruin other somewhere else. I just need time and need to be 100% sure to make my final statement/opinion about your work, not 99%, but 100%.

It is all good Sko and I respect that. Any opinion good or bad, as you know with me ,is highly appreciated as it is what made this project grow to this level. The community would want something improved. I look into it, If it can be done a revision is made if not, I'm honest when it is not possible to do so. So for this type of project there is no final form.

I also know there are others that only like a few things changed and I can do requests like those when I have time. Like Dee4Three for example; He requested for a version with only Kobe's Base and the Barry Free Throw to be added nothing else in the Sigshots to be changed. Stuff like that.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby UNTAMEDBEAST on Thu May 19, 2016 3:56 pm

this is sick (Y) (Y)
UNTAMEDBEAST

Postby Seushir0 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:12 pm

dwadeflash03 wrote:Amazing work on having multiple animations for Currys shot! Is the 40 ft Mod still part of the latest update for lillard and curry?

The 40ft Mod is at a full halt for now. The shots do not release quick enough under the New Curry Base if the 40 ft Mod is on. Even if I alter the speed and looks like it is jammed to the players fingers and can easily be blocked. Same goes for lillard with Gamez shot.

I am doing non stop testing on this actually, well simply cause my career player is Curry and I need his longer range.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Rodzilla91 on Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 pm

not sure if you know this or not but when you do a running fade, when you shoot the ball kinda like flicks down before he releases,

but i really appreciate this a lot, and that curry multiple anim shot is wonderful. i guess i'm clueless to this but i guess harrison barnes had multiple shot anims?
Rodzilla91

Postby Seushir0 on Thu May 19, 2016 11:38 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:not sure if you know this or not but when you do a running fade, when you shoot the ball kinda like flicks down before he releases,

but i really appreciate this a lot, and that curry multiple anim shot is wonderful. i guess i'm clueless to this but i guess harrison barnes had multiple shot anims?

I knew of that and reuploaded it with the latest V3. Should be fixed if you redownload. I'm sure that it is for Stiff 6 Pull Ups. I was trying to work on a 40ft mod using pull ups too.

As for the Barnes your guess is right. I was aware cause he did one with the hands going down and one with a follow thru. Just did not notice that he was using 2 different bases. Only him and L. James have special Sig Shot slots for releases.

Edit:

Stumped this also looks like one of his releases where after the shot he moves his follow through hand to the right.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Culture Games on Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 am

Seushir0 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I love all the amazing work being done here! Is the V3 release going to bring those animations back to default that some users complained about?

Thanks. Animation default releases and bases, as long as original are in there. What we did is we used the duplicate slots to become space for newer animations (Just like Jumpshot 26 and K. Martin base are the same we swapped K. Martin with something new and thus a new base to use there are quite a lot of Signature shots with bases just being repeats).

I would say the main difference here from Gamez is we did not try to mix and match for owner of the sig shot anymore. That was something games did as he made players fit their own Sig Shot to be accurate but that did not remove duplicates totally. So to put it simple all those Release Form names R. Anderson - D. Williams just look like Release 93 and onwards to us where a lot more players can use more forms and bases.

WithAuthority wrote:Med attaching his name to this is major credibility in my eyes.

Yep so I am just the staff here and he is the one really directing what is going to happen here (Y) . As for your question it is not viable to a lot of current rosters out there unless the players slots have been adjusted. If you would notice a few post earlier Medevenx posted and excel sheet where you can copy the values you have from the roster and it will give the corresponding slots for the default animations. We are so used to just going for Signature player names in looking for animations but most are really just there in Shot Release Forms and Shooting bases. So in short just dumping the Version 3 is not a viable option unless it is adjusted. However that is why I have my Clean Fix Mod out for the default shots and bases, but with all the other animation benefits.

Can you link to this? Not being lazy, but I really cant find it. :lol:
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Seushir0 on Fri May 20, 2016 10:40 am

WithAuthority wrote:Can you link to this? Not being lazy, but I really cant find it. :lol:

Here you go.

Clean Modded:
https://www.mediafire.com/?mfz053mowt4vif2
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Lakerswin on Fri May 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Man this is a great mod simply amazing thank you very much. Just one question does tunedata affect mycareer settings?
Lakerswin

Postby Seushir0 on Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Yes it does. Tunedata would replace the default / simulation settings when you select it via game settings in my career mode. The simulation is actually a cheat / semi God mode for my career lol.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby mlp111 on Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 am

Seushiro, I found the bigger player mod michaelvlutz49 did a few yrs back like totalrebound just did. If your still interested in it, here the link

http://www.moddingway.com/file/42664.html
mlp111

Postby soultwig on Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 am

I'm wondering if you're gonna continue the edits for the crossover animations behind the back etc.. like in the early releases the new ones, if so i am wondering if i can do a suggestion regarding the step back(the slow ones) there are "light" and "heavy" the heavy or slow one is what i am talking about i rarely see any cpu use the "heavy" only the "light" animations i would like to know if you can replace them with something slightly faster or just remove them and use the other animation i think there is 3 animations used the one that goes under the legs and the hard step back with the ball and the hard step back only with the feet.

This probably just my own preference since i use crossovers a lot when its more challenging using the slider especially when they try to double team me :) and when those double teams. Anyway correct me if i am wrong and just ignore this post. Thanks or the V3, probably haven't thanked you yet. Still waiting for updated roster of meds using the v3.
:chug:
soultwig

Postby Seushir0 on Sat May 21, 2016 6:17 pm

mlp111 wrote:Seushiro, I found the bigger player mod michaelvlutz49 did a few yrs back like totalrebound just did. If your still interested in it, here the link

http://www.moddingway.com/file/42664.html

I cannot say thank you enough for posting this man. I am very interested in seeing how this was done and how it interacts with globals. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

soultwig wrote:I'm wondering if you're gonna continue the edits for the crossover animations behind the back etc.. like in the early releases the new ones, if so i am wondering if i can do a suggestion regarding the step back(the slow ones) there are "light" and "heavy" the heavy or slow one is what i am talking about i rarely see any cpu use the "heavy" only the "light" animations i would like to know if you can replace them with something slightly faster or just remove them and use the other animation i think there is 3 animations used the one that goes under the legs and the hard step back with the ball and the hard step back only with the feet.

This probably just my own preference since i use crossovers a lot when its more challenging using the slider especially when they try to double team me :) and when those double teams. Anyway correct me if i am wrong and just ignore this post. Thanks or the V3, probably haven't thanked you yet. Still waiting for updated roster of meds using the v3.
:chug:

Actually ever since Meds spread my mod and I have seen it go thru some FB groups the most requested change is for Dribbles.. Not the speeds but signature cross overs and etc. So expect a Beta V for the dribbling changes. As for the step backs wow that is new to me so I will check it out show a preview if swapping is possible.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Seushir0 on Sat May 21, 2016 6:32 pm

mlp111 I know I might sound like Spiderman seeing a Metal Arm but this is seriously good! The increased sizes are not too big and the spacing in the floor looks about right. It is like in the NBA where is a Center reaches his hands up he can touch the rim/net I love it!

Well that is for me I dunno about other camera/angle mod users but I always use the default and this looks great on default. (Y) Even just in the opening Menu of the game the giant Versions are awesome!

* I think that mod also messed with the start of game buzzer and ref whistles. It is louder than before. I know this cause all my presentation stuff are really low volume. Slightest change can be heard.

* Can Also clearly here Crowd chanting "Lets Go Warriors Let's go", This has other changes so it seems. No crashes so far (Y)
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

I Apologize to all for the wrong nba_animations.iff file in V3

Postby Seushir0 on Sat May 21, 2016 9:53 pm

First of all I want to thank Medevenx for integrating the animations to his rosters as this opened up new channels for my work and yes for the first time ever I got 2000+ downloads from it when I just get 300+ here in the NLSC alone. It even spread like wild fire and got my mod into so many FB sharing groups for NBA2K. (Y)

Now reason for the urgent update is that I had a little mishap and just noticed this when I could not easily drive as much as I used to against a player. it was then I noticed I uploaded my Back Up nba_animations.iff file instead of the fully modded one full with speed dribbles and stuff. I apologize to all for the inconvinience and you will have to re download the updated file.

Also Updated D.Lee and D. Williams base to make sure it always faces the ring right even after fakes and quick shots.

Updated V3 File: https://www.mediafire.com/?pb295syhjn0tmrd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On New Updates for a working Beta file:

I have a Beta for V3.1 which I got from the tons of users that got exposed to the Mod. They got a glimpse of a possible realistic Curry sigshot and I got lambasted with comments about it being awkward etc.

So now in V3.1 Beta I address most of their concerns.

1. Updated SigShot again:

2. Quick Freethrow shot with the lazy arms

Med's Compatible v3.1 beta: https://www.mediafire.com/?55jvke6xxce91b4
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding