Animation Patch: Collab with Medevenx, Meds V3.1b Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Last Update Before New research! Crossover fixed!

Postby viruzkil on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:24 pm

I used Kevin Martin shot base for my career player, 40 ft mod doesn't seem to work. It only works for Curry, can I make it work for my career player?
viruzkil

Postby soultwig on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:17 pm

viruzkil wrote:I used Kevin Martin shot base for my career player, 40 ft mod doesn't seem to work. It only works for Curry, can I make it work for my career player?

Are you using the sliders for the 40ft mod? It also depends on you're stats since you still miss but you can still shoot deep threes, if your player is just throwing it means you're out range it happens to me when i try to shoot a deep three on the corner.
soultwig

Postby viruzkil on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 pm

soultwig wrote:
viruzkil wrote:I used Kevin Martin shot base for my career player, 40 ft mod doesn't seem to work. It only works for Curry, can I make it work for my career player?

Are you using the sliders for the 40ft mod? It also depends on you're stats since you still miss but you can still shoot deep threes, if your player is just throwing it means you're out range it happens to me when i try to shoot a deep three on the corner.
Yes im using the sliders. When curry is doing it, a successful one will not show the shot feedback, when i tried it on mycareer, shot feedback always show up

EDIT: I found what the problem was, my dominant shooting hand was left and after changing to right the curry effect came into life.
viruzkil

Postby soultwig on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 pm

viruzkil wrote:
soultwig wrote:

Yes im using the sliders. When curry is doing it, a successful one will not show the shot feedback, when i tried it on mycareer, shot feedback always show up

EDIT: I found what the problem was, my dominant shooting hand was left and after changing to right the curry effect came into life.

I use Austin rivers and kevin martin shot base left handed and it was working fine. But its good that you got it working. (Y)
soultwig

Postby viruzkil on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:42 am

soultwig wrote:
viruzkil wrote:
soultwig wrote:

I use Austin rivers and kevin martin shot base left handed and it was working fine. But its good that you got it working. (Y)
I wonder if this has something to do with personality, what's yours?
viruzkil

Postby Alzam777 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 am

Sir can u make a slider and tunedata to the Kuroko V Slamdunk of Boss Meds? Is'nt possible that Midorim can shot fullcourt/halfcourt? :D
Alzam777

Postby slimm44 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:05 am

Seushiro wrote:This is not dead. Progress is just slow with the editing of animations in the clean file. I am also doing a lot more testing for quality before I release.

Are you working on more tweaks or are you polishing up what you had already done? If you are working on more, what changes are you going to implement?
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [38 Complete Seasons Mods]

2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962

What makes this mod “sim”? Here are a few of the features that set this project apart from all others:

- Every art file (jerseys, arenas, cyberfaces, accessories, courts, dornas (advertisement at half court), etc is realistic and none will crash game play
- There is no missing art file in the entire project

Every player in every roster has:
- Accurate statistical ratings and tendencies to work with 2k's simulation engine while still providing realistic game play
- Realistic ratings and tendencies that affect game play but not the simulation engine ie dribbling, athletic ratings, post tendencies, etc.
- Realistic physical attributes that decrease after major injuries or as the player gets older
- Accurate play types
- Accurate contracts

- Accurately updated Coaching profiles and playbooks

- Draft classes that have realistic player information for every player

- A few slider sets designed to be a base for realistic game play
slimm44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:07 pm

slimm44 wrote:
Seushiro wrote:This is not dead. Progress is just slow with the editing of animations in the clean file. I am also doing a lot more testing for quality before I release.

Are you working on more tweaks or are you polishing up what you had already done? If you are working on more, what changes are you going to implement?

I am polishing up the file to a clean edit. I am planning to release the clean edit next week as the target deadline.

As for planned changes 1.) I will return the different speed Cross overs now tweaking the Spin moves too. I only messed with the Cross overs and Behind the back dribbles previously. 2.) Gonna edit Signature shots that I want from Gamez since I learned the new way to edit sigshots properly. 3.) I edited this a lot but still nothing satisfactory and it is the longer holds on screens done. Just seeing how the GS utilizes the screens (and lots of illegal moving screens) this season I would want that ability and see how many open Threes I can do leaving my man that way. 4.) last is the passing. I never touched this at all except for the Flashy passes but I am growing tired of some passes in-game, my way to describe it is like a balloon with a few stones in it in the way it travels to the other player. Some passes should be like a semi blur like the way it is seen on TV and opens up more time to improve the fast breaks.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby slimm44 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Fantastic! Would it be possible to increase the speed that a CPU big man will face up and drive? Also, is it possible to increase how often the CPU ball handler will perform signature layups?
Image Image Image

2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991

What makes this mod “sim”? Here are a few of the features that set this project apart from all others:

- Every art file (jerseys, arenas, cyberfaces, accessories, courts, dornas (advertisement at half court), etc is realistic and none will crash game play

- Accurate statistical ratings and tendencies to work with 2k's simulation engine while still providing realistic game play
- Realistic ratings and tendencies that affect game play but not the simulation engine ie dribbling, athletic ratings, post tendencies, etc.
- Realistic physical attributes that decrease after major injuries or as the player gets older
- Accurate play types
- Accurate contracts

slimm44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:55 pm

slimm44 wrote:Fantastic! Would it be possible to increase the speed that a CPU big man will face up and drive?

Yes it is possible with a few edits to the dribbles and face ups with "Big" on it. I may experiment on this and see if a little bump on the speed will make a difference just don't want much complaints again on fast bigmen.

slimm44 wrote:Also, is it possible to increase how often the CPU ball handler will perform signature layups?

I think this is beyond my power to edit. SIg layups need the proper locations and scenarios to click other wise it is just up to the place where you press shoot and the corresponding animation plays. Lay ups and Dunks are not inside the sigtable file so I cannot change its parameters unless I do so in the .exe file.

As for CPU going to the hoop and doing the lay up itself I really don't recommend it on this mod as the driving factor is a powerful weapon for the CPU aswell.
We can always increase tunedata and attack the basket tendencies but it would eat up the other plays real bad and CPU will massacre the Player by always driving in the lane as they can easily calculate the distance for body up animations to the lane. I have mine at 60 right now but some teams just still go for the drive. When I tried at 80 CPU got all the way up to a 20 point lead before the half and of course with the lowered attributes for shooting 3s I never caught up and lost badly as they got tons of points in the paint.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Quick Question:

The one thing I would take from 2K13 and integrate into this game is the double tap B button (For the spin move into a dunk/shot or pass), and the double tap of the X button to initiate a euro step. For some reason, 2k14 didn't have that placed into it. It feels awesome driving in NBA 2k13 and double tapping that B button, spinning off your guy, right into a dunk.

Now if we can take animations from NBA 2k13 and place them in 2k14, is this possible? Im not 100% sure how the button mapping could or would be handled. Can you let me know if you think its possible?

By the way, I love the new way players go for blocks and contest shots. Great job!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Seushir0 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:23 am

@Dee4Three: It is just not possible to map a certain button to an animation. All animations are already mapped out. Like if you go for a reverse layup and hold the analog towards the baseline, Like if you go for a runner by holding the direction key + Turbo towards the basket, or a quick escape from a jumpshot by holding the direction key towards the basket and just holding shoot briefly (uh I wanna replace that animation so bad with a nice set shot 3pt animation).

Anyway you get the idea right so no way we can have the spin and hop buttons back.

I am having trouble with the Spin moves right now (took in your suggestion) I increase the speed but I guess speed is useless if the CPUs auto counter animation is to body you up and stop movement after a spin. I'm still looking for a way around it.

*Note I am Playing at Game speed 43 since I find it close to realistic speed for moving players and animation suits it well. So it may appear like a normal speed cross and spin but it has speed increase on the animations.

Updated Spin Speeds:
Free movement spin:

Body Up Spin:

Body Up BHB: (might slow down a bit since ball suddenly pops to other hand)

The Return of the high speed cross overs!

That Vintage Vince Carter feeling

Handles again:
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 am

Seushir0 wrote:@Dee4Three: It is just not possible to map a certain button to an animation. All animations are already mapped out. Like if you go for a reverse layup and hold the analog towards the baseline, Like if you go for a runner by holding the direction key + Turbo towards the basket, or a quick escape from a jumpshot by holding the direction key towards the basket and just holding shoot briefly (uh I wanna replace that animation so bad with a nice set shot 3pt animation).

Anyway you get the idea right so no way we can have the spin and hop buttons back.

I am having trouble with the Spin moves right now (took in your suggestion) I increase the speed but I guess speed is useless if the CPUs auto counter animation is to body you up and stop movement after a spin. I'm still looking for a way around it.

*Note I am Playing at Game speed 43 since I find it close to realistic speed for moving players and animation suits it well. So it may appear like a normal speed cross and spin but it has speed increase on the animations.

Updated Spin Speeds:
Free movement spin:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Body Up Spin:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Handles again:
[ Image ]

Okay, understood. I guess I was not thinking as much about changing the button mapping per say, but replacing an animation that had a certain button assigned to it with those animations. But I guess that still comes down to button mapping in a way, ugh.

I wish I could combine the stuff I love about 2k13, 14 and 16... haha. Cmon 2k, get it together!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shakir3 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:05 am

sir how can i see your images ? I just saw broken 'image' type and i clicked open in the new tab it said 'This site can’t be reached' . I wonder always your updates :D
shakir3

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:13 am

Seushir0 wrote:@Dee4Three: It is just not possible to map a certain button to an animation. All animations are already mapped out. Like if you go for a reverse layup and hold the analog towards the baseline, Like if you go for a runner by holding the direction key + Turbo towards the basket, or a quick escape from a jumpshot by holding the direction key towards the basket and just holding shoot briefly (uh I wanna replace that animation so bad with a nice set shot 3pt animation).

Updated Spin Speeds:
Free movement spin:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Body Up Spin:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Handles again:
[ Image ]

Also, what camera view are you using in these screenshots. Size of the players look more realistic in relation to the court with that view.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Medevenx on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:33 am

Excited for this new release! But wouldn't changing the Game Speed distort time in the game? (Actual time, like seconds) instead of adjusting the movement of players. A lot of people would like to avoid this.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Also, what camera view are you using in these screenshots. Size of the players look more realistic in relation to the court with that view.

That is actually the default camera view in game or when you in instant replay mode it is the first camera view that comes up when you press the change camera once.

Medevenx wrote:Excited for this new release! But wouldn't changing the Game Speed distort time in the game? (Actual time, like seconds) instead of adjusting the movement of players. A lot of people would like to avoid this.

I don't think it would really distort as it is just a few tabs slower.

This is mainly just preference. For a lot including me (weeks ago) 50 or the default gameplay speed was heaven. No more no less or you can lose games. I barely notice shot clock and focus on dribbling and plays until the clock hits 10 seconds. Until I started doing what most modders do watch NBA games in Youtube and go back to game.... tweak stuff and repeat..... Watching games a lot more and seeing the spaces and driving lanes players take I saw that the game did not account for it as it was really too fast even on default animation.

Before I started comparing and played without the mod I just did not like the slowed down gameplay. Some modders already did the slow down and loved it but, to me it was like having a slow status effect on an RPG. So now with the Mod and all the comparing it seems right to me. Thus it became a benchmark to me and I like how everything and every single player is moving at this speed of 43-45. So 8-5 steps down it is not much of a slowdown really.

I never went to 38 as some have and enjoyed but it is all up your preference really. You can set it higher or lower to what makes the animation seem right to you and that is why I tried lower speeds.

On the idea of touching other movements speeds. I wanna shut this idea down for future animation modders as it will be a waste of time when you get the results after. The normal Run/Jog/Sprint dribble animation speeds for the game is not to be touched EVER! The ball animation is set apart from the Player animation and has its own animation file (The five largest files in siganims) so if I slow down the Running/Jogging animations with dribbles it will be off and look like a travel or palming the ball at times. If the Running / Jogging animations with dribble are to fast the animation loops faster so stutters happen and this is what I hate since I wanted a nicer fast break run and tried this as my first animation edit ever. (Y)

*So why not change the ball animations speed too so it is all united?.... Obviously change that and your shooting will be off too as the ball will not follow the hand release and 100+ shooting animations change (Pull Ups, Hook shots, layups, and dunks not even included yet in that number) would be hell to edit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I noticed again in real life ball games against this game is the off the ball movement of cutting players. It is damn slow or it is simply the ai following the paths.

I think players off the ball who cuts need to be faster even with default game speed. I am like literally waiting for my player to cut and get to the assigned spot so long that I burn a few seconds on the clock which I hate and kills the passing work done. Look at real games and be amazed with the nice off ball movements of players like Ginobilli, Pat Mills, Kyle Korver, JR Reddick, Rip Hamilton, Marco Belinelli, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Curry (looks like he moving lazy but boom he gone as he cuts and uses screens) and of course D-Wade (but more of a give and go than a real cut). They even go sig-sag cutting through the lane or going baseline.Even Durant loves this move now as Westbrook easily passes to him under the rim a lot for with no D on him (Always on plays of the week when they do so).

That is just a nice thought not like I wanna add more work right now ahaha I'm already lazy enough :crazyeyes: No expectations on me changing this please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby slimm44 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Seushir0 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Also, what camera view are you using in these screenshots. Size of the players look more realistic in relation to the court with that view.

That is actually the default camera view in game or when you in instant replay mode it is the first camera view that comes up when you press the change camera once.

Medevenx wrote:Excited for this new release! But wouldn't changing the Game Speed distort time in the game? (Actual time, like seconds) instead of adjusting the movement of players. A lot of people would like to avoid this.

I don't think it would really distort as it is just a few tabs slower.

This is mainly just preference. For a lot including me (weeks ago) 50 or the default gameplay speed was heaven. No more no less or you can lose games. I barely notice shot clock and focus on dribbling and plays until the clock hits 10 seconds. Until I started doing what most modders do watch NBA games in Youtube and go back to game.... tweak stuff and repeat..... Watching games a lot more and seeing the spaces and driving lanes players take I saw that the game did not account for it as it was really too fast even on default animation.

Before I started comparing and played without the mod I just did not like the slowed down gameplay. Some modders already did the slow down and loved it but, to me it was like having a slow status effect on an RPG. So now with the Mod and all the comparing it seems right to me. Thus it became a benchmark to me and I like how everything and every single player is moving at this speed of 43-45. So 8-5 steps down it is not much of a slowdown really.

I never went to 38 as some have and enjoyed but it is all up your preference really. You can set it higher or lower to what makes the animation seem right to you and that is why I tried lower speeds.

On the idea of touching other movements speeds. I wanna shut this idea down for future animation modders as it will be a waste of time when you get the results after. The normal Run/Jog/Sprint dribble animation speeds for the game is not to be touched EVER! The ball animation is set apart from the Player animation and has its own animation file (The five largest files in siganims) so if I slow down the Running/Jogging animations with dribbles it will be off and look like a travel or palming the ball at times. If the Running / Jogging animations with dribble are to fast the animation loops faster so stutters happen and this is what I hate since I wanted a nicer fast break run and tried this as my first animation edit ever. (Y)

*So why not change the ball animations speed too so it is all united?.... Obviously change that and your shooting will be off too as the ball will not follow the hand release and 100+ shooting animations change (Pull Ups, Hook shots, layups, and dunks not even included yet in that number) would be hell to edit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I noticed again in real life ball games against this game is the off the ball movement of cutting players. It is damn slow or it is simply the ai following the paths.

I think players off the ball who cuts need to be faster even with default game speed. I am like literally waiting for my player to cut and get to the assigned spot so long that I burn a few seconds on the clock which I hate and kills the passing work done. Look at real games and be amazed with the nice off ball movements of players like Ginobilli, Pat Mills, Kyle Korver, JR Reddick, Rip Hamilton, Marco Belinelli, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Curry (looks like he moving lazy but boom he gone as he cuts and uses screens) and of course D-Wade (but more of a give and go than a real cut). They even go sig-sag cutting through the lane or going baseline.Even Durant loves this move now as Westbrook easily passes to him under the rim a lot for with no D on him (Always on plays of the week when they do so).

That is just a nice thought not like I wanna add more work right now ahaha I'm already lazy enough :crazyeyes: No expectations on me changing this please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You HAVE to implement these changes now lol
Image Image Image

- Accurate play types
- Accurate contracts

slimm44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Aureus Divus on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:31 am

this next one gonna be big
Immensa Omnium Peritia
Aureus Divus

Postby ShadGregoryMoss on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Is it possible to add an high arching layup? Like Curry's layup in 2k16
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
ShadGregoryMoss

Animation Patch: Clean file update

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:40 pm

The clean file has been uploaded. Barry Free Throw not included as this is well clean files. Will make a separate file for Sigshot changes and Freethrow additions (Barry and Greer) Next week possibly.

Clean file link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?mfz053mowt4vif2

ShadGregoryMoss wrote:Is it possible to add an high arching layup? Like Curry's layup in 2k16

Nope not possible at this time
Last edited by Seushir0 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Re: Animation Patch: Clean file update

Postby isko on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Seushir0 wrote:The clean file has been uploaded. Barry Free Throw not included as this is well clean files. Will make a separate file for Sigshot changes and Freethrow additions (Barry and Greer) Next week possibly.

Clean file link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?mfz053mowt4vif2

ShadGregoryMoss wrote:Is it possible to add an high arching layup? Like Curry's layup in 2k16

i installed but the lag is still there
isko

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 pm

I have already done multiple tests for more than a month. Never experienced the long lag like before.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:30 pm

does the new clean file still remove the "steal and bump" animation that you had previously removed?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:39 pm

TGsoGood wrote:does the new clean file still remove the "steal and bump" animation that you had previously removed?

If this is the animation where you bump the defender and fall back dribbling like a clumsy guy. Yep still removed in this one. I removed all the noted bad animations from previous versions. Only bad animation I did not remove to date is the behind the board reverse lay-ups that Skoadam pointed out. Still can't find a good replacement that will not cause a glitch.
ImageImageImage

Seushir0

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding