Animation Patch: Collab with Medevenx, Meds V3.1b Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Last Update Before New research! Crossover fixed!

Postby Seushiro on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Well no one is really in charge it is more like I change based on the feedback received in here then craft a new one based on it.

Right now slider issues I have listed are:
- Blocking (Did not change this even after fixing the animations)
- Stealing
- Dunk On Traffic Frequency (But I love how CPU Clippers dunk over me)
- Bad Passes (I already increased the passing accuracy a bit, but I think Hands really make the wobbly passes as Slimm investigated on)
- Offensive Rebounds (Ok for some, Some think differently)
Seushiro

Postby truefaith0826 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Seushiro, the ugly reverse that was pointed out, is it possible to limit it to certain players instead of removing or replacing it?

phpBB [video]

..if it is the same animation it looks ok if done probably by an athletic player. Sprewell released the ball with his left hand.

phpBB [video]

this is a closer look..

Slimm..

Trying to work on getting the right mix of tendencies on triple threat, I hope I'm getting some positive results, MJ shoots a perimeter jumper while guarded and without dribbling the ball. Hoping next to see he do a jab step then shoots the ball. Nevertheless, MJ still is killing me with his moves, he just dropped 51 pts against my Heat. See sample video.

phpBB [video]

Sharing my slider changes...

Inside shot success-32 to 33 (assist decreased dramatically, has to increase success rate of this and glad it went back to 18-25 assists per game)
Mid-range shot success-43 to 44 (same with inside shot success reason)
Dunk in traffic freq-60 to 54
Pass accuracy-38 to 47 (removes ridiculous errors on simple passes)
Blocking-57 to 45 (average blocks per game is still 5 to 12. CPU will still do chase block but bug of small players blocking big ones still there)
Offensive rebounding-98 (maintained, love to see a game to have 10-15 OFF REBS)
Play passing lanes-53 to 64 (caused more turn-overs, ave. TO per game is 10-15)
Take inside shots-88 to 94 (under evaluation > like to remove player's tendency to pass out when he is point blank from rim and logical to shoot)
Attempt dunks-78 to 64 (cpu still logically dunks when free and in-traffic)
Contest shots-56 to 71 (more chase blocks and challenge inside shots but cpu will still do a take charge stance randomly)

Stealing-57 > I don't like to go below 55 because the intercepting player does not catch the ball no matter what tweak I do on steal success, it just bounces off on their hands. I don't see steals like this...

phpBB [video]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
truefaith0826

Postby Seushiro on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:40 pm

adiknbafan wrote:Seushiro, the ugly reverse that was pointed out, is it possible to limit it to certain players instead of removing or replacing it?

- This is not part of the (90 Degree Triggered) Reverse Lay Ups so this is a new batch of would be ugly behind the board layups. I can't limit it only replace with whatever is available Best option I am think is if the animation is bad and should not show just make it a collision or body bump

adiknbafan wrote:MJ still is killing me with his moves, he just dropped 51 pts against my Heat. See sample video.

DUDE that is the most OP CPU Jordan I have ever seen... Wow! Triple threats, Guard jumps, gone for the J!. Share your player tendencies too please. I have a few players including Kobe (prime) who need this ability.

adiknbafan wrote:Inside shot success-32 to 33 (assist decreased dramatically, has to increase success rate of this and glad it went back to 18-25 assists per game)
Mid-range shot success-43 to 44 (same with inside shot success reason)
Dunk in traffic freq-60 to 54
Pass accuracy-38 to 47 (removes ridiculous errors on simple passes)
Blocking-57 to 45 (average blocks per game is still 5 to 12. CPU will still do chase block but bug of small players blocking big ones still there)
Offensive rebounding-98 (maintained, love to see a game to have 10-15 OFF REBS)
Play passing lanes-53 to 64 (caused more turn-overs, ave. TO per game is 10-15)
Take inside shots-88 to 94 (under evaluation > like to remove player's tendency to pass out when he is point blank from rim and logical to shoot)
Attempt dunks-78 to 64 (cpu still logically dunks when free and in-traffic)
Contest shots-56 to 71 (more chase blocks and challenge inside shots but cpu will still do a take charge stance randomly)

Stealing-57 > I don't like to go below 55 because the intercepting player does not catch the ball no matter what tweak I do on steal success, it just bounces off on their hands. I don't see steals like this...

- Will do a test on this. If that is stealing attribute what did you leave for steal success?
- Dunk in traffic freq-60 to 54 (If Westbrook won't pull a dunk on me after getting free from my mobs I will preffer to increase this still)
- Blocking-57 to 45 (We can go way lower that is why I modded the animations, I just want Rose, Antekoumpko, Westbrook, and some with good block ratings to block bigger players out of nowhere like they are doing this season)
- Pass accuracy-38 to 47 (hope 47 is enough will do)

I can't get over your Jordan's use of the Post sliders and not just for backing down (Y) (Y) (Y)
Seushiro

Postby truefaith0826 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:42 am

Seushiro wrote:This is not part of the (90 Degree Triggered) Reverse Lay Ups..

Geezzz, too bad bro, well it is what it is. I recommend replacing it with a better animation, whatever that is that you might find there.

I guess this scoop shot below has the same answer. Completely ugly to see done by Muresan, Bol, etc.. :lol: LOL

phpBB [video]

Seushiro wrote:DUDE that is the most OP CPU Jordan I have ever seen...

Yeah, I was suprised too and I like it. Here's your request:

MICHAEL JORDAN'S TENDENCY RATINGS
TENDENCY RATING
SHOT 92
INS SHOT 88
CLOSE SHOT 89
MID 98
3PT 36
PUTBACKS 62
DRIVE THE LANE 77
PULL UP OR PENETRATE 94
PUMP FAKE 17
TRIPLE THREAT 31
TRIPLE THREAT SHOT 83
NO TRIPLE THREAT 69
STRAIGHT DRIBBLE 0
SIZEUP 58
HESITATION 83
DRIVE RIGHT 80
CROSSOVER 61
SPIN 58
STEP BACK 33
HALF SPIN 29
DOUBLE CROSS 28
BEHIND THE BACK 24
HESITATION CROSS 26
IN AND OUT 32
SIMPLE DRIVE 0
ATTACK 69
PASS OUT 31
FADEAWAYS 84
STEP BACK JUMPER 34
SPIN JUMPER 59
DUNK 71
ALLEYOOPS 77
USE GLASS 33
DRAW FOUL 96
CRASH 50
PNR VS FADE 41
POST UP 99
TOUCHES 100
SPIN 40
DRIVE 78
AGGRESSIVE BACKDOWN 17
LEAVE POST 5
DROP STEP 39
FACEUP 80
BACK DOWN 66
POST SHOT 99
POST HOOK 0
POST FADEAWAY 99
SHIMMY SHOT 49
HOP SHOT 26
FLASHY PASSES 15
THROW ALLEY-OOP 18
HARD FOUL 52
TAKE CHARGE 34
PLAY PASSING LANE 96
ON-BALL STEAL 98
CONTEST SHOT 43
COMMIT FOUL 45

IMO, this jab step is a normal | default random animation response when a player receives a ball, not really a part of a triple threat where it should be in real life. Players tested with 100 NO TRIPLE THREAT will still do that. It's like the step back dribble animation where CPU does it automatically if it cannot drive to the basket.

Anyway, take note of STRAIGHT DRIBBLE and SIMPLE DRIVE, I zero'd them out. Since nothing was working about the TT, had to think out of the box. I was anticipating the Attack the basket game slider will take care the simple driving tendency of CPU, and it did. Which makes sense since we still experience AND1 even if Contact shot success is at 0.

To apply this to your other players, this is my approach:
PUMP FAKE+TRIPLE THREAT SHOT=100
TRIPLE THREAT+NO TRIPLE THREAT=100

NO TRIPLE THREAT is higher than TRIPLE THREAT cause cpu will do the SIZEUP or HESITATION. Whatever number that I will put in the SIZEUP or HESITATION, I put in a gap of like 20-25 ticks. If it's not applicable, put in zero then.

Same thing with..
CROSSOVER
SPIN
STEP BACK
HALF SPIN
DOUBLE CROSS
BEHIND THE BACK
HESITATION CROSS
IN AND OUT

I select the top 2 applicable dribbling animations, then use the same principle, some sort of a hierarchy + juggling of numbers | educated guess. :D

Seushiro wrote:Will do a test on this. If that is stealing attribute what did you leave for steal success?

Steal success 43

Expect some slider will not work right since every roster maker has his own way of rating the players. To each his own as they say.

phpBB [video]
truefaith0826

Postby Medevenx on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:41 pm

I thought you returned all of the old animations except for K. Durant & Jump Shot 39 (for Kobe)? Can you return LeBron James' original base in NBA 2K14?
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushiro on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:27 pm

I always thought his two shots had the same base so after i switched it and tested I never returned it back I guess. Lebron's base is now back to its proper animation.

updated the same link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?gec0tymxc8tcghb
Seushiro

Postby Medevenx on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Seushiro wrote:I always thought his two shots had the same base so after i switched it and tested I never returned it back I guess. Lebron's base is now back to its proper animation.

updated the same link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?gec0tymxc8tcghb

Thanks! I don't want to be that kind of guy that keeps requesting and what not but, can we get the Jump Shot 39 base back? I'm pretty sure it's assigned to a few players. With your knowledge on editing releases & bases separately now, I'm sure you can replace a different, duplicate base?

Also, I do recommend that you also upload here on NLSC's Downloads section. It has a limit of up to 100 MB and you can add versions of your file without having to change the link, but will keep the versions so you can always re-download older versions of the file.

EDIT: P. George's Shot Base also changed? It was very important (used in PBA 2K, NBA 2K, etc.)

J. Harden's Shot Base is nice. I'm assigning it to Harden. However, did Durant's base simply swap with Shot Base 29? There doesn't seem to be a difference other than the swap. Was this intentional? Hope we can get them back to their original placement.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushiro on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Ok I only left Harden's base. For Durant's it uses a full animation of both shot and base you replace one you hit both. I returned it to original Durant for this release.

This is as Vanilla as it gets:

P. George's Base is back
Set Shot 18 Base is back
Jump Shot 39 is back
Jump Shot 29 Reverted to Original (Even if this file contains full 2k11 Durant's Animation file)
K. Durant Release and Base returned (Due to above)
Behind Back 3 back
Behind Back 7 back
Hesitation 3 back

I don't wan't to use my new found research yet cause it is gonna blow a lot of things and would need a lot of planning before hand. As usual once again I would only offer to post my work here so people randomly looking for downloads get to read the full details on the thread before downloading (They know what the heck they are getting into! :shock: ).

I admit I was one of those guys that just go to the downloads section get stuff I want and poof something is wrong but I don't know which one (Like those ENB and Sweet Fx stuff). I only download now after reading threads. This is the best way to make sure they know how the 40ft and Lay up sliders work together and if you battle against them shots are off.

https://www.mediafire.com/?5v16891op4b195p

*For those who want to retain the shots. Old file is active and is still in first post and above posts
Seushiro

Postby Medevenx on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:38 am

Seushiro wrote:Ok I only left Harden's base. For Durant's it uses a full animation of both shot and base you replace one you hit both. I returned it to original Durant for this release.

This is as Vanilla as it gets:

P. George's Base is back
Set Shot 18 Base is back
Jump Shot 39 is back
Jump Shot 29 Reverted to Original (Even if this file contains full 2k11 Durant's Animation file)
K. Durant Release and Base returned (Due to above)
Behind Back 3 back
Behind Back 7 back
Hesitation 3 back

I don't wan't to use my new found research yet cause it is gonna blow a lot of things and would need a lot of planning before hand. As usual once again I would only offer to post my work here so people randomly looking for downloads get to read the full details on the thread before downloading (They know what the heck they are getting into! :shock: ).

I admit I was one of those guys that just go to the downloads section get stuff I want and poof something is wrong but I don't know which one (Like those ENB and Sweet Fx stuff). I only download now after reading threads. This is the best way to make sure they know how the 40ft and Lay up sliders work together and if you battle against them shots are off.

https://www.mediafire.com/?5v16891op4b195p

*For those who want to retain the shots. Old file is active and is still in first post and above posts

But.. the dribble animations you implemented were so nice.. Am I the only one who actually likes Durant's 2K14 jumper?

It is true that animation replacement needs planning. It's a lot similar to logos modifying. There's a lot of slots, some of it you can use and edit, some of it you can't. However, the Excel file I sent you did already list the duplicate animations you can replace any time now. Wish I could help with this tbh, I don't know anything about it to be of use!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushiro on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:08 am

I know your excel can Help, but I need to set everything first. I want to eliminate duplicates but if it is used as someones signature now then it is hard to do it.

like for example now we are aware that Jump Shot 26 and K. Martin are the same.... But what if I just go ahead and make it straight to S. Curry Base right of the bat... 3 batches of players using those animations will be all blasted....

Actually even for existing ones that are only found in player names but I wan't to use gamez realistic combination... Once I vacate a release base / Jump shot base I need to decide which players's Sig shot comes first. Even with duplicates I believe the slots will still come up short.
Well my mind is not in proper condition yet so I have been reading up on turks yet absorb nothing lol.... :crazyeyes:

lastly: "But.. the dribble animations you implemented were so nice"
Thank you! I doubt anything similar to streetball dribbles are that commonly used in PBA and FIBA so openly so that is fine as is. Those are just for Curry and Rose's signature BHB and Cross Over when you bored running the floor with no defender (You can't use your selected cross overs and BHB during body ups it follows the default). All Drives and Cross Overs not related to the player edit ones are still modded.

This is also safest for now so any roster makers who would immediately change to match would not be ransacked by me on a quick change. I like this vanilla release version.
Seushiro

Postby Medevenx on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:53 am

Seushiro wrote:I know your excel can Help, but I need to set everything first. I want to eliminate duplicates but if it is used as someones signature now then it is hard to do it.

like for example now we are aware that Jump Shot 26 and K. Martin are the same.... But what if I just go ahead and make it straight to S. Curry Base right of the bat... 3 batches of players using those animations will be all blasted....

That's what the converter sheet is for. It will automatically change the K. Martin base for players to Jump Shot 26, opening up the K. Martin slot for editing, same with the players with S. Curry assigned they will be changed to Jump Shot 18. I'll also look into developing a TURK file for it if ever (I haven't tried it myself).

The Vanilla version is also good I guess for those who don't want the shot animations changed.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby seanbright on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:43 am

awesome mod!

but is it normal that my fg% is always around 60% with your sliders? some for the cpu
seanbright

Postby Gerard88888 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Sir dunk in traffic frequency 50000?
Gerard88888

Postby ianalberto on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Am i the only one that's experiencing random freezing during gametime (It's not crashing, just freeze for like 10-20seconds and then the game continues)? I recently installed your siganims_generic.
ianalberto

Postby 21rexzz on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 pm

ianalberto wrote:Am i the only one that's experiencing random freezing during gametime (It's not crashing, just freeze for like 10-20seconds and then the game continues)? I recently installed your siganims_generic.

The same is happening with me
21rexzz

Postby mlp111 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:53 am

ianalberto wrote:Am i the only one that's experiencing random freezing during gametime (It's not crashing, just freeze for like 10-20seconds and then the game continues)? I recently installed your siganims_generic.

May sound wierd, but my freezes are due to somehow installing this and being connected to internet... i disconnected from internet and it stopped freezing. But Recently started happening with the last two updates i believe.
mlp111

Postby Aureus Divus on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:42 pm

mlp111 wrote:

May sound wierd, but my freezes are due to somehow installing this and being connected to internet... i disconnected from internet and it stopped freezing. But Recently started happening with the last two updates i believe.

i knew it! i was trying to track down my sudden lag for a while then i just tried what you said, i disconnect my internet and its gone
Immensa Omnium Peritia
Aureus Divus

Postby Seushiro on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Aureus Divus wrote:
mlp111 wrote:

i knew it! i was trying to track down my sudden lag for a while then i just tried what you said, i disconnect my internet and its gone

I will check on what is causing that random lag but right now I just got a bad scenario in the post that crashes the game. Scenario is you force your way to the post on a fast break then drop the ball cause of bumping into opponent. When the ball falls and you immediately grab it and press shoot game crashes to Desktop. So I need to see which Post Scenario Edited causes this. (N)

You can prefer to use an older nba_animations.iff file update: (This does not have the bad animations removed thou and goes back to March 10 Update; Check the thread to that date)
https://www.mediafire.com/?k84q467fb7c0v0q

I will recreate the new updates into a clean nba_animations.iff back up from May 2014 and will run testing again to see if any bugs will still be present.
Seushiro

Postby Medevenx on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Haven't experienced any lag or crashing on my end. It works great. Me and my brother have been enjoying the game a lot!

I do have some suggestions for the mod, I think you should return those dribbling animations that you modified. As for jump shot animations, feel free to change any of the duplicates as future versions of all rosters from my series will have opened up slots for the duplicates. If you have any plants to take some animations from gamez' work, I think the Shot Base 32 from his mod (with kick) would be good for James Yap (PBA 2K14), while the S. Nash base & release are also really nice from his mod.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Seushiro on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Medevenx wrote:Haven't experienced any lag or crashing on my end. It works great. Me and my brother have been enjoying the game a lot!

So far I had two crashes from my latest patch after the post editing of animations so it has to be there with the Post Scenarios. Another is not a crash but more of a bad replacement. After a bump the dribbler flicks his arms off the defender and complains to the referee while still dribbling (this goes on for like 2 seconds) and he goes back into play.... looks sooo funny especially when double team is swarming on the dribbler after animation.... You are just lucky to not have the scenarios play yet I guess. I experience the lag they mentioned once during a match with the Bulls and Cavaliers (My teams with most HD faces) during inbound, and that was once. Either than that never had it so dunno if it has anything to do with being connected online as I am always connected to the net.

Medevenx wrote:I do have some suggestions for the mod, I think you should return those dribbling animations that you modified. As for jump shot animations, feel free to change any of the duplicates as future versions of all rosters from my series will have opened up slots for the duplicates. If you have any plants to take some animations from gamez' work, I think the Shot Base 32 from his mod (with kick) would be good for James Yap (PBA 2K14), while the S. Nash base & release are also really nice from his mod.

I could return the Cross Over 3 and Cross Over 6 back to speed since I just returned speed to normal but I would really like to find a better behind the back Dribble than what I assigned before (that is why I returned it to default for now) game has a lot of Behind the back dribbles to use from NBA_Animations.iff just need to test a lot it since sometimes it does not show right when used as replacement.

I already completed the releases research (looking for the off set assignments of all 171 releases) and it helped me with my previous missing data (Like how the heck would I know ANM_2K8_JUMPER_FADEAWAY_IGUODALA_R was actually the Release 29 that I have been looking for sneaky Devs gathering releases from all over the place.....) Right now I am going thru the data for Shot base assignment just lazy to copy paste from Hex so I am just at Jump Shot 10 right now. But I need to finish the research for the sole purpose of breaking down Gamez's created shots and reverse engineering his replacements.
Seushiro

Postby truefaith0826 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:09 am

Did not experience any lag or ctd as well even if I'm connected on the internet.

What I noticed is like an animation glitch, it occurs in the low post area. It does not bother me though cause it happens once a game and very quick, like less than a second. Aside from that, EVERYTHING ELSE is GREAT!

Looks like this, kinda scary :LOL harharhar!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
truefaith0826

Postby ianalberto on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Aureus Divus wrote:
mlp111 wrote:

I thought im not the only one who's experiencing freeze during game. Btw for future fix & references, the freezing occurs on and after the Kobe Jumpshot Update. Before that is smooth gameplay.
ianalberto

Postby Medevenx on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:30 am

Also noticed that Shot Base 20 is still not back to its original default animation, right now it's the same as J. Harden's (I think).
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby soultwig on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Thank you for the mod, probably late to say thanks since i have been using this mod for a while and its actually fun with the new animations.
By the way is anyone still experiencing stutter/lag when online because mine is gone now.I got it from the last second update and i already tried re-installing the mod and playing with no mods and its was still experiencing the micro stutter every few 10 secs and now its all good again with the mod O_o. Anyway every thing is great but there's still too many turn overs with the behind the back and passing, there is still that crash with the post up when trying to force a shot when being defended in the post.
soultwig

Postby chirobee on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:47 pm

soultwig wrote:Thank you for the mod, probably late to say thanks since i have been using this mod for a while and its actually fun with the new animations.
By the way is anyone still experiencing stutter/lag when online because mine is gone now.I got it from the last second update and i already tried re-installing the mod and playing with no mods and its was still experiencing the micro stutter every few 10 secs and now its all good again with the mod O_o. Anyway every thing is great but there's still too many turn overs with the behind the back and passing, there is still that crash with the post up when trying to force a shot when being defended in the post.

we have the same thing about the pass .. my career average now 3.9 TO since using this .. lol . what should i change for that?? aside from that everything is fine for me .. love those crossover then a poster dunk .. (Y) (Y) (Y) :lol: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
chirobee

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding