NBA Jam Mod Idea

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

NBA Jam Mod Idea

Postby GritterAndGrinder on Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 pm

I know bigh0rt has already made an NBA Jam 2k15 mod, and no disrespect meant to him at all, but i feel like it didn't live up to my expectations as a "current gen" version of the NBA Jam that we all know and love. It's a great mod and tons of fun, but I started tinkering with the settings and loading the 1994 UBR roster instead of the tiny people one bigh0rt made, and I feel like I've really come up with something special. However, It's incomplete. I have plans to make a base roster for it with every team you could need for an NBA Jam mod, using HAWK23's UBR rosters. Want to see how the rosters from the original NBA Jam compare to the current NBA teams? How about if Dr. J was in NBA Jam? How do some of the teams from the Arcade Edition (93) and Tournament Edition (95) hold up to the original 94 roster? How about throwing in a couple "What If" teams from the 93-95 era too? Well here's the mod for it all. One roster, one settings file, a glowing ball, a jukebox file, and some different splashes. Basically all you'll need to have already is the UBR mod (V30 or later) installed and you're ready to go. I don't know how long it will take me to make this, as I'm still waiting for Vlad to get back from vacation and send me my RED MC activation code, but if anyone wants to help or give me some advice on how to make sure I don't F it up (since I'm just a toddler when it comes to modding) it would be much appreciated. Anyways, Here's a list of teams I'll be attempting to include in the roster.

All 27 teams from '94
'94 west and east all-stars
'94 "What If" C-Webb Magic
'93 Bulls, Celtics, Nets, Pistons, and Suns
'95 Magic, Spurs, Mavs, Pistons, and Bulls
'95 "What If" Drexler Supersonics
all 30 teams from 2015
all 29 teams from 2003
'76 Flint Tropics
'76 Spurs, Nets, Nuggets, and Spirits.
ABA Legends
90's Legends
2000's Legends
2010's Legends

the 2003 teams are in there because I wanted the mod to span 3 different decades and the 2003 roster best represents a transitional period from our old stars to our current ones. It's the last year Jordan is on it and the last one Lebron is not. The NBA was ruled by the Kobe-Shaq duo and feature players like Iverson, Ming, Nash, and Allen, which are all either retired or close to it, but aren't present in the mid-90's. The 4 ABA teams and the Flint Tropics are there for some added fun, as i always wished there was an ABA Jam hidden away somewhere on sega genesis. Though of course that's an anachronism. And then there are Legends teams for each of these chosen eras; ABA, '94, '03, and '15. Of course the focus of the game is '94, so the All Stars from that year will be included. Also two "What If" teams from the era and 5 teams from '93 and '95 each that are most different from the '94 roster as well as contain players important to include (Petrovic, Jordan, Reggie Lewis) I also want to include a "Secret Players" team that features many of the hidden unlockables in NBA Jam Tournament Edition (Warren Moon, The Beastie Boys, The Fresh Prince, etc.) as well as a couple fun additions (Uncle Drew to name one) but I don't possess the expertise to do this myself, so unless someone makes the team for me, it probably won't get done. Let me know what you all think of the roster.

Of course, when it's finished, I'll be posting download for free. All credit for this goes to HAWK32, Bigh0rt, and whoever made the glowing ball Bigh0rt used in his mod, so if you wanna donate to someone, give it to them. I'm just changing some stuff around. They did the brunt of the work. Also, if you want and NBA Jam mod and don't want to wait for mine, Go check out Bigh0rt's. It's pretty great. I believe it's here http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=95116&p=1782388&hilit=nba+jam+2k15#p1782388

-GnG
GritterAndGrinder

Re: NBA Jam Mod Idea

Postby Michael_OS on Wed May 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Good luck mate (Y)
Originally from Operation Sports! Hello NLSC :D
Michael_OS

Postby GritterAndGrinder on Wed May 06, 2015 7:40 pm

GritterAndGrinder

Postby GritterAndGrinder on Thu May 21, 2015 11:34 am

Ok So I'm having trouble with my roster. Anyone with RED MC wanna help? It's basically done, but various glitches have slid their way into the roster and I need help figuring out how to fix them. I can email anyone the roster who wants to have a look. It also has a problem with crashing at seemingly random times, but never when playing a game.
GritterAndGrinder

Return to NBA 2K14