Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

[Next Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby JaoSming on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am

Use the following template to post:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PS4/Xbox One):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:[/b]

for example
Bug description: Controller/Game/Coach Settings don't save

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4/All?

Game Mode: All modes with gameplay (NBA Today, MC, MT, MG, Park, Blacktop)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: No matter if I change settings in the menus or in a previous game within the same mode, one or more of my settings groups will return to default when I load a new game.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Next Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

Bug description: Replay become bugged when pausing during auto replays.

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PS4

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Do something cool, pause game during automatic replay. Instant replay will only show a few seconds before the pause, and not show the actual replay.
Can be avoided by waiting a few seconds after the auto replay ends then choosing instant replay from the pause menu.

Bug description: Backboard Square and Logos Missing from Behind

Game Mode: Gameplay

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Goto replay or have an autoreplay show the back of the backboard, the square and NBA/US Flag stickers will disappear - https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 9473_n.jpg
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phreak50 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Bug description: After big CPU celebration animations, you lose control and cannot inbound (auto delay of game 5 sec, turnover)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: No idea. Happened in three separate games now. CPU scores a big bucket and runs back celebrating. The camera focuses on their player and never gives you control back. Only way around it is calling a timeout.
Phreak50

Postby PoundedChicken on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Bug description: NBA 2K Server Connection issues

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): Xbox One (for me that is, though I've heard of PS4 with same issues)

Game Mode: MyGM or MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: After starting any of these modes, soon after game will revert to home screen and produce error saying certain features require an online connection to 2K Servers. It will stay at main menu and NBA Today option will generally also disappear.

I've heard this is common. So far it's been bugging me non-stop, but I HAVE found a trick that seems to be working. If you're on WiFi, go to your xbox settings and disconnect. Restart Xbox. Load NBA 2K and start using the mode (for me MyGM with a saved file that was initiated offline). Browse through a few menus within that game mode, then hit xbox button and set up your wireless connection. Return to NBA 2K14, browse a few menus in that game mode again and eventually you should see the online-integrated menus such as Purchase VC.

Other reports of this issue linked to below (I've been googling all day to find some news):

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/11/18/se ... n-nba-2k14
http://news.softpedia.com/news/NBA-2K14 ... 1055.shtml
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720350
PoundedChicken

Postby Cyber007x on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:18 am

Has anyone experienced this problem. I need to know before i return either the game, controller or xbox one. I've done research online and i haven't read anyone yet having this particular issue i am having.

I have a XBOX ONE version of NBA 2K14. i bought another controller so that i can play with my buddies and roommate. Both controllers work, i can hit the guide button on both controllers and it takes me back to the home screen. I can also play a two player game with Killer instinct where both controllers are recognized. The problem i have is with nba 2k14. It doesnt recognize the second controller at the same time with the first. When im in the menu to choose a team, only one controller is active, the other one never comes up. i can hit the guide button on either controller to get me back to the home screen but only the main controller works for me to select teams. this is a very weird bizarre problem and i dont know if it is the game or xbox or controller that the problem lies with. anyone else seen this issue?
Cyber007x

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Bug description: Replay won't go back past player position warps

Game Mode: Gameplay

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Anytime there is an inorganic transition between "scenes", like skipping the players walking around to their positions at the free throw line so players instantaneously warp to their destinations, replay will not rewind past this point like it does in Current Gen.
Issues arise with and-one plays, where if the user skips the waiting period or automatic replays, they will no longer be able to see the and-one play in replay. This affects Gametrack replays as well.
Video Example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dvu3Q_wOQ
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jd2334 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:54 am

Cyber007x wrote:Has anyone experienced this problem. I need to know before i return either the game, controller or xbox one. I've done research online and i haven't read anyone yet having this particular issue i am having.

I have a XBOX ONE version of NBA 2K14. i bought another controller so that i can play with my buddies and roommate. Both controllers work, i can hit the guide button on both controllers and it takes me back to the home screen. I can also play a two player game with Killer instinct where both controllers are recognized. The problem i have is with nba 2k14. It doesnt recognize the second controller at the same time with the first. When im in the menu to choose a team, only one controller is active, the other one never comes up. i can hit the guide button on either controller to get me back to the home screen but only the main controller works for me to select teams. this is a very weird bizarre problem and i dont know if it is the game or xbox or controller that the problem lies with. anyone else seen this issue?

I thought this was just me!!! I have been searching the internet for a solution! I actually joined this forum as soon as I came across this in a search because I couldn't find anybody else witht his same issue. Its driving me crazy...I like you, have no issues playing Killer Instinct..But 2K almost doesn't recognize the controller
jd2334

Postby jd2334 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:59 am

Cyber007x wrote:Has anyone experienced this problem. I need to know before i return either the game, controller or xbox one. I've done research online and i haven't read anyone yet having this particular issue i am having.

Found the fix....In this forum!! Hope it works for you

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox ... ageIndex=2
jd2334

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:08 am

Bug description: Similar to the issue seen in NBA 2K13, Instant Replay gets stuck on a highlight play from earlier in the game, rather than showing the most recent stretch of action.

Platform (PS4/Xbox One): PlayStation 4

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Enter Instant Replay during gameplay.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wisealma on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 am

Bug description: Jersey bug. Sometimes when you select different colored jerseys, both teams are wearing white jerseys despite the selection.

Game Mode: Quick game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: My boy and i were playing Jazz vs the warriors on a quick game last night, and I selected the green jazz jerseys, and he selected white warriors jerseys, and we both started in white. We exited the game and did it again, with the same teams. I selected a blue jazz jersey this time, and we both started white. It worked eventually, but 2/3 of the time, the jerseys werent what one of us had selected.
Thanks
Wisealma

wisealma

Postby xevangz on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Bug description:It say i could participate in the slam dunk contest, but when straight to the all star game

Platform (PS4/Xbox One):Xbox One

Game Mode:MyCARRER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:just participate in the all star weekend with your mycarrer player
xevangz

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 15, 2014 10:41 am

Bug description: Playoff Atmosphere in November in MyCAREER

Game Mode: MyCAREER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Play an NBA Today game with the playoff atmosphere. Quit the game before it finishes. Load a MyCAREER game. Floor art, wipes, and crowd behave like it is the playoffs. Players celebrated the win like it was too.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby VasiLije13 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:10 am

Bug description:Game simulates by itself

Game mode:MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug;if not applicable,what causes it to happen:After I finishdd slam dunk contest,I pressed enter to play all star game,but then the rest of the season simulates until the playoffs
Is there any way I can fix this???
VasiLije13

Return to NBA 2K14