[Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches (aka the Blame Leftos! thread)

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Or the ref runs from this side of the court to the other side like a 5 year old.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby lappong99 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

atszabo wrote:Bug description: All auto-generated rookies are rated 25 for the new layup skills (runner, euro-step, stepthrough, etc.). Zero variance.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Game Mode: Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Auto-generate a draft class

Do jaosming have any idea on this problem?
lappong99

Postby Jackal on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah jaosming? does you have it? an idea please on this problem. Tell me sensei. Wax on, wax off?
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Jao is still busy downloading more RAM.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:42 pm

lappong99 wrote:
atszabo wrote:Bug description: All auto-generated rookies are rated 25 for the new layup skills (runner, euro-step, stepthrough, etc.). Zero variance.

Game Mode: Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Auto-generate a draft class

Do jaosming have any idea on this problem?

The issue was corrected by the first official roster. Unfortunately, that roster update also reset all the coaching profiles, so that'll be something the next roster has to correct.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wicked waway on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Bug description: Past games, box score is cleared (box score of older games show zero)

Game Mode: The Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:Cannot tell, all my save games from my association show the same problems
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:46 am

wicked waway wrote:Bug description: Past games, box score is cleared (box score of older games show zero)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:Cannot tell, all my save games from my association show the same problems

Same here. Just played the first game past the ASW and the only two box scores that exist are my last game and the ASG. While the quarter points scored still exist for all the games, the boxscores do not. Official (1st roster update) rosters BTW.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:34 am

Do the players still have their individual game stats on their player cards? This bug happened in older 2k's, while player stats were still available, but I know last year they were cleared when the box scores disappeared.

Any time this happened, I realized I had quit a game in the middle, and after that, the box scores may have disappeared. Never fully tested this theory, though.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:10 am

I don't remember quitting any games, but its possible.

I just created a few new associations and was unable to reproduce it. I tried going through ASW plus 1 game like my bugged one, I tried quitting mid-game like your idea Pat, I tried Sim To End to see if that did anything. All of it worked fine. The main difference was this was with the 82 game schedule, my association is 14 games.

wicked waway, how many game seasons are you playing?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 am

Thanks for trying, Jon. Another thing that dawned on me was after deleting the cache, the box scores disappear.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:57 am

I don't do any of that though, and box scores are saved within the association save
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jay-r on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 am

Has anyone experienced any issues with sound in manual replay mode? I just noticed that I have no sounds (cannot hear such sound as rim sound, dribble/bounce sound and so on) while in replay except for button sounds/zoom in and zoom out sounds.. Maybe its normal :cool: I don't recall whether replay mod had dribbling, rim sounds and other in game sound effect sounds.

While in game sound effects works perfectly with no issues. Tried playing to play the game only with sound effects on and everything was working.

I remember that in of nba 2k games I had issues with dribbling sounds not working while in game but I resolved it through Creative Alchemy.
jay-r

Postby wicked waway on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:01 am

JaoSming wrote:I don't remember quitting any games, but its possible.

I just created a few new associations and was unable to reproduce it. I tried going through ASW plus 1 game like my bugged one, I tried quitting mid-game like your idea Pat, I tried Sim To End to see if that did anything. All of it worked fine. The main difference was this was with the 82 game schedule, my association is 14 games.

wicked waway, how many game seasons are you playing?

Im playing an 82 game season =) indiviudal stats (ppg) and even the score of past games still show. But box score show zero points (no breakdown)
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Postby Mojazz on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Bug description: Rebounding (Not jumping at all); It happens to me many times when attempting to battle for the rebound (offensive and defensive) my user player couldn't jump at all, (even pressing the rebound button 4-5 times). The player can suddenly jump when the ball was already with another player.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I actually dont know, so weird. :shock:
Mojazz

Postby Reaperwolverine on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 am

Bug description:No Coach Mode!!!

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):PC(possibly others as well)

Game Mode: Association, Season, Quick Game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:

The option to play in coach mode (coach settings>Coach mode On/Off) is removed.

Wonder if it can be patched in by our wonderful modders or 2K will patch it in if I bitch about it enough.
Maybe You Don't Remember How NASTY Vince Carter used to be....

Frederic Weis Does.
Reaperwolverine

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am

We can't put it in, it's highly unlikely to be put in by an official patch. It's also not what this thread is for, since removed features aren't bugs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nhalt42 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 am

Bug description: Player positions incorrect

Game Mode: Regular Blacktop

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: No idea, for some reason in a 5 on 5 blacktop game the center is ALWAYS bringing the ball up the court, and 9 times out of 10 will be matched up against the opposing point guard. In fact every player on both teams (except small forward) is playing the wrong position. In my experience last year the positions were determined by height, but this year it seems the players are locked into the wrong positions. No matter what order I select them in the menu, or what their height/position is, they will always be wrong. This means no more icon selection of players on offense or defense, and getting used to centers like Tyson Chandler bringing the ball up and posting up guards like Nate Robinson. The icon positions are just fine during practice scrimages or any other gameplay mode besides Blacktop.
nhalt42

Postby Kaaba on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:25 pm

nextnba wrote:Bug description: Playoff bug. WTF! The team with the better season standing doesn't have home court advantage in playoff! Stupid as hell! This was a bug in
2k13 that never got fixed.

Game Mode: Season or Association

Checked this and i noticed that you´re wrong on your observation. In Season-Mode, the team with the best record after the regular season claim home court advantage on each round. Something odd are only the finals. On my test, OKC (57-25) played the the first two games at home against Miami (62-20).
Kaaba

Postby volsey on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 am

Mojazz wrote:Bug description: Rebounding (Not jumping at all); It happens to me many times when attempting to battle for the rebound (offensive and defensive) my user player couldn't jump at all, (even pressing the rebound button 4-5 times). The player can suddenly jump when the ball was already with another player.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I actually dont know, so weird. :shock:

By any chance is your player fatigued? As in gatorade symbol showing? I swear this is a feature as that's when I see this happening the most, late in the 4th quarter. And I know exactly what you mean by it making your player jump once possession has changed. You'll look like an idiot jumping in the middle of the court on a fast break due to the lag.
volsey

Postby kendz4494 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Bug description: Failed to communicate to server

Game Mode: Any Online mode
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: when trying to play online

My friend doesnt have the problem. but i do. pisses me off. cant play online assoc.

please help me out :( :( :( :( :(
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: msi GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB SATA 6Gbps Barracuda Green
RAM: Kingston 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M
DVD: Liteon 24x Dvd/CD Writer
kendz4494

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:55 pm

That's not a bug, as it is possible to play online and start/join Online Associations. More likely there's something at your end that requires troubleshooting; please start a new thread for that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mojazz on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:31 am

volsey wrote:
Mojazz wrote:Bug description: Rebounding (Not jumping at all); It happens to me many times when attempting to battle for the rebound (offensive and defensive) my user player couldn't jump at all, (even pressing the rebound button 4-5 times). The player can suddenly jump when the ball was already with another player.

By any chance is your player fatigued? As in gatorade symbol showing? I swear this is a feature as that's when I see this happening the most, late in the 4th quarter. And I know exactly what you mean by it making your player jump once possession has changed. You'll look like an idiot jumping in the middle of the court on a fast break due to the lag.

Not fatigued, not at all... It is understandable if the player is fatigued and couldn't jump, but wouldn't jump at all in a rebound battle even if the player is under the basket is very annoying.

I noticed that it happens a lot with Bonner (since i use spurs in asso) so i thought it could've been something with rebound stats but when it also happens with Splitter and Duncan, that's a very different story. My opponents' rebound advantage to me is averaging +10, That's.... pretty fckd up! :evil:
Mojazz

Postby jerkyjeck on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 am

Mojazz wrote:
volsey wrote:

Not fatigued, not at all... It is understandable if the player is fatigued and couldn't jump, but wouldn't jump at all in a rebound battle even if the player is under the basket is very annoying.

I noticed that it happens a lot with Bonner (since i use spurs in asso) so i thought it could've been something with rebound stats but when it also happens with Splitter and Duncan, that's a very different story. My opponents' rebound advantage to me is averaging +10, That's.... pretty fckd up! :evil:

I also noticed this. My thinking is that my player is just so boxed out to the 10th level that's why they are unable to jump!!! :-)

Nice catch Mojazz!!!
JerkyJeck: Neo-Genesis Since 2K1
Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jerkyjeck
jerkyjeck

Postby RowdyRondo on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 am

Bug description: You cant see all the player ratings for all 30 Teams when controlling all 30 Teams

Game Mode: Association Mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Assoc>Rosters
you have to switch teams by going into Total Control selecting a team now u can see ratings for your team
but very tedious to see all ratings

PS> DRAGIC ASSIST Bug is back :P :shock:

PSS. Joke Bug 4 you :lol:

Bug description: Orlando Magic won first simmed Championship Title :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Game Mode: Association Mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: start Assoc
RowdyRondo

Postby PepsiWithCoke on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Not really a bug, But how is this a backcourt? http://i.imgur.com/A40wmyI.jpg
PepsiWithCoke

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14