[Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches (aka the Blame Leftos! thread)

Postby Sman21 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Shing wrote:Bug description: All fixtures in a season disappear after the 3PT Contest, after you've participated.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Participate in the 3pt Contest or Dunk Contest.

What a massive kick in the balls this was. Not sure I want to keep playing the game at all now.

Anyone found a workaround that solves this issue?
This happened to me after the slam dunk contest.
Luckily I had a 2nd save of the same career that I backup every 5 or so games.
I reloaded my 2nd save went to the dunk contest again but this time it didn't crash and season continued as normal.
Im nearly up to the all star break in my 2nd season so im sure this bug will happen again so If anyone has any fool proof workarounds it will be handy to know
Sman21

Re: [Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby EastwoodHD on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Bug description: Jersey or Shorts will glitch out and disappear until a replay cam.

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: It's random, some games it'll happen frequently, others it might not happen at all. Extremely annoying.
EastwoodHD

Postby MadbaLL on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 am

Bug description: (fake) 3point shot glitch.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: quite often players step up on 3point line while attempting 3pt shot and game accepts it as a 3 points instead of 2 points.

it might be related with that free throw line step up glitch.
MadbaLL

Postby EastwoodHD on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:15 pm

EastwoodHD wrote:Bug description: Jersey or Shorts will glitch out and disappear.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: It's random, some games it'll happen frequently, others it might not happen at all. Extremely annoying.

Anything? Anyone?
EastwoodHD

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

I haven't encountered that, so it could be an issue with your video card (or at least the drivers), in which case the usual troubleshooting steps of reinstalling your drivers and whatnot would be the way to go. If it is an issue with the game, 2K are the only ones who can do anything about it and it remains to be seen how much support the PC/current gen versions will be receiving beyond the roster updates.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby karlsanada10 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Bug description:
CRASH to Desktop

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
On my 2nd season, first game, i saved while in the game and everytime I answer the press, it forces shut down to my desktop.
karlsanada10

Postby justinpot on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 am

Shing wrote:Bug description: All fixtures in a season disappear after the 3PT Contest, after you've participated.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Participate in the 3pt Contest or Dunk Contest.

What a massive kick in the balls this was. Not sure I want to keep playing the game at all now.

THIS IS A NASTY BUG. just happened to me after winning the slam dunk contest,im curious to see what if i selected play next game,look it up you can see the calendar for the next seasons until year 20?? (?? meaning 13-infinity not sure) hope someone finds a workaround

EDIT: after how many games in a season i tried selecting the play next game, ended up simming the entire 2nd half of the season (after all-star weekend) until the playoffs,seems i can play a game again but it kinda sucks to think i missed alot of games
justinpot

Postby Neplou on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 am

justinpot wrote:

THIS IS A NASTY BUG. just happened to me after winning the slam dunk contest,im curious to see what if i selected play next game,look it up you can see the calendar for the next seasons until year 20?? (?? meaning 13-infinity not sure) hope someone finds a workaround

EDIT: after how many games in a season i tried selecting the play next game, ended up simming the entire 2nd half of the season (after all-star weekend) until the playoffs,seems i can play a game again but it kinda sucks to think i missed alot of games

NNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This just happened to me! Exited from winning the 3pt. Contest and hit start to play the next game (All Star Game). It "simmed" the rest of the regular season. That was bad, but even worse it did not really sim. It completed the regular season and didn't add to any player's stats. This would likely have made me uninstall my game due to an unplayable glitch in my favorite mode. HOWEVER, I had just received my RED MC license keys and had resolved to restart the MyCareer after inserting my created players in the game. Hopefully this will be resolved by the time I get back around to the All Star Weekend.
Neplou

Postby AnthonyShaw on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:53 am

Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:

This just happened to me! Exited from winning the 3pt. Contest and hit start to play the next game (All Star Game). It "simmed" the rest of the regular season. That was bad, but even worse it did not really sim. It completed the regular season and didn't add to any player's stats. This would likely have made me uninstall my game due to an unplayable glitch in my favorite mode. HOWEVER, I had just received my RED MC license keys and had resolved to restart the MyCareer after inserting my created players in the game. Hopefully this will be resolved by the time I get back around to the All Star Weekend.

I'm so f***ing mad at 2k!!! This so terrible!! It won't be so big problem if this happend for the first time but no! It happaned to me also in 2k13 and still there is no f***ing official fix and neitrher fan made fix (I was looking for it about 1,5 hour). I am so pissed of... If anybody know what to do with it please PM me.. Thanks a lot in advance!
AnthonyShaw

Postby hot_wyre21 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm

AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:

I'm so f***ing mad at 2k!!! This so terrible!! It won't be so big problem if this happend for the first time but no! It happaned to me also in 2k13 and still there is no f***ing official fix and neitrher fan made fix (I was looking for it about 1,5 hour). I am so pissed of... If anybody know what to do with it please PM me.. Thanks a lot in advance!

I have noticed that if you go through the 3 point and dunk contests in one shot (not restarting if you lose) then you will be able to play out the rest of the season.
hot_wyre21

Postby Neplou on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 am

hot_wyre21 wrote:
AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:

I have noticed that if you go through the 3 point and dunk contests in one shot (not restarting if you lose) then you will be able to play out the rest of the season.

Good to know. I was just going to skip them if I got to them again!
Neplou

Postby MadbaLL on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:29 am

again i scored two straight 3pt shots with player stepping with his both feet on 3pt line. :evil: :crazyeyes: :evil:

also clipping issues (parts of body, like arms and legs going through opposing player) are hialiours this year. 2k13 uses the same engine and we didn't have those bugs.

i ask LEFTOS to step up and tell as all is there going to be pc patch for this unfinished and buggy game? i don't ask date i just want to know is there going to be pc patch addresing those graphical issues or not?
MadbaLL

Postby davilafran on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:07 am

homicide1550 wrote:Bug description: Shot Chart not showing properly

Game Mode: Exhibition

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Get into the game and check the shot chart.

Any workaround for this?
davilafran

Postby AnthonyShaw on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Neplou wrote:
hot_wyre21 wrote:
AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:

No thats not working for me wvwn if I play it in one shot still the season is ending. F**k 2k for that. They are starting to be like EA...

Edit: After few hours of attempts I realize thats possible to play ALL games of season if you do it through "play next keygame" and push "sim all games" (you will play 3pt contest or/and dunk contest anyway) and everything is working..
AnthonyShaw

Postby jojo708 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 am

AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
hot_wyre21 wrote:
AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:

No thats not working for me wvwn if I play it in one shot still the season is ending. F**k 2k for that. They are starting to be like EA...

Edit: After few hours of attempts I realize thats possible to play ALL games of season if you do it through "play next keygame" and push "sim all games" (you will play 3pt contest or/and dunk contest anyway) and everything is working..

Got solution! I'am in 3 point contast. I choose play next kay game and show me a window with: play all star game or go to the next kay game. You can play all star contast (becouse a would like to play in all star game) and after contast everything is ok. Work for me two times on two.
jojo708

Postby NBASherlock123 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Bug description: Players can't step out of bounds
Game mode: Any Gameplay
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: When you try to step out of bounds you just bounce back. What I did I reached in (actually pushed the ballhandler) near the baseline and he just bounced back in the game, no out of bounds rule was called.
NBASherlock123

Postby MadbaLL on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 pm

it's january and no single word about pc patch.

i wonder does this thread have a common sense anymore... it should be closed if we will not get pc patch, why wasting time on reporting something that will never be fixed in the first place?
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

It's still worth reporting the issues so that there's a reference for next year's game, as well as anyone who's experiencing problems and wants to know whether or not it's a known bug.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hot_wyre21 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Andrew wrote:It's still worth reporting the issues so that there's a reference for next year's game, as well as anyone who's experiencing problems and wants to know whether or not it's a known bug.

that and because people will post workaround for bugs if they are known
As far as the all star weekend skipping hte rest of the season, the solution of using "play next key game" before the 3pt contest and before the dunk contest and then"play next game" before the all star game will allow you to play the rest of the season
hot_wyre21

Postby MadbaLL on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Andrew wrote:It's still worth reporting the issues so that there's a reference for next year's game, as well as anyone who's experiencing problems and wants to know whether or not it's a known bug.

i don't think so since many issues from 2k13 were not fixed in 2k14. instead, new issues and glitches occured in 2k14.

i had hope for this with leftos on the board at 2k, but it seems no benefit for us, pc users.
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 pm

There's still no harm in logging them, on the off chance there's a patch or they're able to be fixed next year. It certainly doesn't harm us to log any bugs we come across, while not doing so guarantees no benefit at all. Like I said, it's for our own reference if nothing else.

If you don't see the point and don't want to contribute, that's fine. We're keeping the thread open for anyone who does want to post information, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby yodi2007 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:43 am

Bug description: My playoff stats league leaders are only shown by the OKC, LAC, MIN, and Portland or another West team. All of the East players are DNQ even though they have not missed any playoff games. Also this only happenes after the following season when I import my Own Draft Class or one downloaded from 2k share (doesn't matter which one I download). If I win my Pg who has subpar stats 11ppg 2rpg 5ast 3tpg is the Finals MVP over my Star player who is avging 28ppg 14rpg and 7AST!!
Game Mode: Association/Franchise
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Happens when the Draft class I imported and drafted the next following season playoffs is when it happens!

Please Help this is really annoying!
yodi2007

Postby fera on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:18 am

Bug description: I don't know exactly how to explain this, but it's changing all statistics after the game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: it's easier with pics. look

the (correct) stats during the game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/249 ... 13_306.png
the (wrong) stats after the game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/249 ... 06_457.png
correct stats idividual: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/249 ... 57_237.png
wrong stats individual: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/249 ... 05_156.png

as you can see, the numbers are the same but they "give" to another player
fera

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm

davilafran wrote:
homicide1550 wrote:Bug description: Shot Chart not showing properly

Game Mode: Exhibition

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Get into the game and check the shot chart.

Any workaround for this?

i don't think there is.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Rhenel_04 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm

yodi2007 wrote:Bug description: My playoff stats league leaders are only shown by the OKC, LAC, MIN, and Portland or another West team. All of the East players are DNQ even though they have not missed any playoff games. Also this only happenes after the following season when I import my Own Draft Class or one downloaded from 2k share (doesn't matter which one I download). If I win my Pg who has subpar stats 11ppg 2rpg 5ast 3tpg is the Finals MVP over my Star player who is avging 28ppg 14rpg and 7AST!!
Game Mode: Association/Franchise
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Happens when the Draft class I imported and drafted the next following season playoffs is when it happens!

Please Help this is really annoying!

me too! i've been experiencing this buggy sh**! hopefully anyone could do some workaround tool for this wew
Rhenel_04

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14