[HELP] 2K14 Graphics Problem with New Laptop

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

[HELP] 2K14 Graphics Problem with New Laptop

Postby dwadeflash03 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Recently, I bought a new laptop with significantly better specs than my older laptop in which my old one had an nvidia gt 650m while my new one has an nvidia 970m. Both laptops run Windows 8.1 although I had Windows 10 originally on my new one but downgraded since I had too many graphical problems with my games such as stuttering, lag, tearing etc. I figured 2k14 would run flawlessly on my new laptop with Windows 8.1 however there were some problems I ran into with the graphics. The first problem is that during the in-game replay cutscenes and replay mode, the crowd from the distance looks like pixelated blocks as you can see in this pic:

And the second problem is diagonal tearing in which it would appear once in a while as I move the camera around in replay mode as well as going through the main menu and the tearing looks like this:

My theory is that all these problems stem from the driver for the graphics card itself since when I use the integrated graphics, none of these problems happen. I tried installing older drivers but those problems still persist. Besides those problems in the game, everything works fine and I can even run more demanding games with no graphical problems whatsoever like GTA V. I know that it has nothing to do with the in game graphics settings as I tweaked everything as possible and I tried using the FPS limiter in nvidia inspector to fix the diagonal tearing but that didnt do much either. I am hoping there are others who ran into a similar problem like mine when getting a new pc and have a solution/workaround for it. I will appreciate any kind of insight or help, thanks! (Y)
dwadeflash03

Return to NBA 2K14