Association crash to desktop in 3rd offseason

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Association crash to desktop in 3rd offseason

Postby dinod71 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:42 am

Hello,

I'm playing Association mode in 2k14, finished the 3rd season, in offSeason task, after lottery and before the visit to whiteH, the game just crash, close to desktop.
I installed the game again new in another pc, and used my saved association, without having install any modd or scoreboard or even title screen... and happened the same thing.
Any suggest... ?
I've been reading (searching) in the posted topics here, specially in bugs and glitches, but didn't found any like this.

regards

Dino
dinod71

Re: Association crash to desktop in 3rd offseason

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:08 am

If there's a corruption in the save file, I'm not sure there'll be much you can do about it. If you start a new Association and sim through to the third offseason, does it still happen?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dinod71 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 am

I'll try to do it, creates a complete new association a nd simulates until end of 3rd season...
Anyway if my assoc file is corrupted, i lost the chance of keep playing on it...

Now it makes me think, that i don't know what could have corrupted the file... because, i'm still playing the finals of that 3rd season and works ok... i just knew about the crash, because i advanced in a copy in order to see the players proposed to retire (to check about Kobe).

Can i save the roster of the association... so i can start a new association from that roster??

Regards,

Dino
dinod71

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:13 am

With the appropriate licenses for RED MC, it might be possible to copy the data across to a new Association save, but I'm not completely sure of that.

Have you edited the file in any way, or are you using any mods? That'd be my first thought as to the cause of any corruption.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dinod71 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:02 am

Andrew, i followed your advice... initially started not from a new association, but from my copy of previous played seasons, and crashed again when the Champions of 2015-16 have to visit White H, after the lottery.
I've edited the files with Alec Zou Trainer, for changing CFID and portrait ID, but during the 2015-16 season i had changed names of Free agents to include players like Boban Marjanovic, etc who i had not from original game or drafts. I'm not using any modd. So when you wrote me yesterday i guessed that the changes in 2015-16 season had corrupted the association some way.

But finally simulated a new association from the original roster in the game, and could reach the 4th and 5th year (2018)

So, Thanks very much for your advices

Dino
dinod71

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:12 am

Sounds like the file has been corrupted by those changes, unfortunately.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14