Association AND Season Freeze Issue

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Association AND Season Freeze Issue

Postby Culture Games on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 am

Im having a first time ever issue where when I try to begin an association or a season, the game freezes on "Loading, Please Wait...". I have to then close the game. Im confused because both were just working yesterday with this roster file. There are no other problems in any other game mode. I didnt edit anything too out of the ordinary. Does anyone know what causes this, or even better, how to fix it? :(
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Re: Association AND Season Freeze Issue

Postby Culture Games on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:20 am

With nothing to go off, ive tried fixing this true extensive testing. Ive narrowed down that it being caused by the "Teams" tab, but cannot crack why. If anyone knows, i would really appreciate it!
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Even more confusing, beginning an association with a default roster, then copy and pasting over the "Freeze" roster works fine, even with deep simming. Something with the teams tab of 1 or 2 teams is causing season and association to crash when initializing---and i still cant get tot he bottom of it.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:27 am

Which roster are you using?
This happened to me once using a retro URB roster. It only happened after adjusting the lineup and defensive matchups prior to the game.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Culture Games on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:42 am

TGsoGood wrote:Which roster are you using?
This happened to me once using a retro URB roster. It only happened after adjusting the lineup and defensive matchups prior to the game.

Thanks for checking in Tgso, Im using my own roster that had 2000 UBR as a base. I did some importing, some copy and pasting, nothing different than i've done on rosters for years. Something went wacky along the way, as i have working backups after each month I edit. It's just driving me crazy that I cant pin point whats going on. Something in the teams tab, and either "Roster" or "Situational Lineups". I checked and made sure there were no duplicates. The part I cant get passed is the Initalizing Season or Initalizing Association screen. NOTHING else crashes, even during association if I use a trick to get passed it.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:41 am

The trick to get past it is to start an association with a working roster, then copy and paste the tabs you want over it.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:56 am

Great answer to your own question! At least this post may help someone else. It's a lot better than "Never mind, I fixed it" responses.
Bassman58

Postby Culture Games on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 pm

Thanks Bassman (Y)
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Return to NBA 2K14