Deleted FA Players in Association Workaround

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K13.

Deleted FA Players in Association Workaround

Postby Darth_Jor-El on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:39 am

Do you notice in association when players who have not signed to a team suddenly gets deleted in the game?
I have found a solution!! I found this a while back and have used this for some time now and I think it would be best to share it with you guys.. This will enhance association experience, especially for those hardcore association gamers like myself..

Here it goes.. but first some introduction.. :D
When you first start your association all the players in the free agency pool will automatically have a 1st year contract value of "1", this is some indication that this player is active or some sort. when the value is "0" that player will get deleted in the off-season.. this "0" value happens when a player is not re-signed or contract options not exercised in the off-season.. waived players are exempted because the value of their contract will stay in the database even if waived. So what we need to do is change all the free agent players with "0" 1st year contract with a value of "1".. you can do this at the start of your 2nd season after you load your draft class or in mid-season if you like or anytime during the regular season and playoffs, for me I prefer to do this after the NBA Finals before I start the off-season...

If you have a licensed Red MC, this will be a piece of cake.. you just need to open your Association file (.fxg) and filter all free agents using IsFA = 1.. then scroll to CYear1, click it to sort then change all values with 0s to 1 then save. Just CYear1 no need to touch CYear's 2 to 6.. your done..

But if you don't have a licensed Red MC like me.. you have to do it manually player by player.. It can only take you 5 to 10 mins depending on your clicking and typing speed.. What we need is Red MC Demo so we can view our association file and NBA 2K13 Turbo Trainer 1.2.. You can download this tools here on NLSC just search for it..

Step 1. Open your association file (.fxg) using Red MC Demo and create a filter using IsFA = 1 then check it.
Step 2. Scroll to CYear1 and look for players with a value of 0, you can sort it if you like.
Step 3. Go to your game and look for these same players in Free Agency and look for the edit option.
Step 4. Do not do anything on the edit player screen, Open Turbo Trainer 1.2 click "Player" then click "FLOOR CONT".
Step 5. On the Player Contract portion of the trainer click "Read" first then change Year1 from 0 to 1 then click "Save".
Step 6. Go back to your game and hit enter and save changes.
Step 7. Repeat steps 2-6 to all free agent players with CYear1 value of 0..
Then your done..

You can also do this in Roster Editor but I prefer not to because for some reason it messes my players ratings when I do that.

By doing this FA players will not get deleted in the off-season and you give undrafted players a chance to develop by themselves and get signed by a team after a few years, someone like Ramon Sessions or other undrafted Role Players in the league, players in the free agency pool also develops +2 To +4 every year especially when they're young.. Retiring free agents will still be deleted even if you do this unless you change their contract thoughts, you can see who's retiring by opening Red MC Demo and scrolling to CtrThoughts, players that has a value of "2" will retire after the season.. So that's all.. hope these information helps..

CALLING ALL TOOL CREATORS!! IF SOMEONE CAN CREATE A TOOL THAT CAN DO THIS IN ONE CLICK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

If this stuff also happens in NBA 2K14 then this should probably also work in 2K14, I'm not sure though..

Peace..
Last edited by Darth_Jor-El on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Darth_Jor-El

Re: Deleted FA Players in Association Workaround

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 am

Cleaned up and moved to the Tutorials section. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Deleted FA Players in Association Workaround

Postby Darth_Jor-El on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Andrew wrote:Cleaned up and moved to the Tutorials section. :)

Thanks for that! :)
Darth_Jor-El

Return to NBA 2K13 Tutorials & FAQs