Hex Editing Rosters

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K13.

Re: Hex Editing Rosters

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 am

So the black arms are actually like that in the texture in the corresponding IFF files?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 am

yep
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 am

'kay. I've created a thread in Patching Help to make a list of all black arms CFs. Maybe some of our CF modders would care to fix them, so that we can get proper rosters out quicker.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby daninoz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:01 am

Hey Leftos, I uploaded a three files. Rosterb is the default roster after 'Reset Roster'. Rosterb is the same roster with 'Shot Inside' incresed by one. MyCarrer1 is a MP carrer I started with the Rosterb as a base and saved after played the Rookie Showcase.

The difference in the rosters are in the offset 40931, and that values in MC file are in the offset 2231179. I delete all the bytes before those offset and it seems that are a group of 8 bytes and a group of 2 bytes modified in every player.

Hope you can find what are that changes.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daninoz

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 pm

What exactly am I looking for? What are we trying to research?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby daninoz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Leftos wrote:What exactly am I looking for? What are we trying to research?

I thought that you were looking info to made your Roster Editor compatible with MyCarrer files, but now I think I thought wrong. I apologize for my lack of attention.
daninoz

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am

I'm not looking into decoding the MyPlayer entries of MyCareer yet. If the player is there somewhere in the Players table, he should show up once I find where Jrue Holiday is in the MyCareer files.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I was hoping that someone can help us out?

seanbarkley wrote:Don't know if this is even possible in PC, but last year I was able to use shoe custom colors different to those we had in the palette by hex editing them in the file. In 2k12 360 file structure, next to where CF IDs were located, we had the possibility to edit team colors for that player shoe, and the shoe model and brand.

We had this structure near the player CF ID: FF XX XX XX (team color 1) FF XX XX XX (team color 2) FF XX XX XX (base color) FF XX XX XX (base color away) FF XX XX XX (team color 2 away) FF XX XX XX (team color 1 away) XX XX (shoe model) XX (shoe brand). I've seen structures similar to this in this year file, so if we were able to modify them, we'd be able to get shoe colors different to those linked to the team colors. I'm trying to research on this all but it's nearly impossible for me to place where a concrete player CF ID is located in the file, so the rest is basically impossible...

So basically we need help on how to find/locate the CF ID in the roster so we can try and look for the shoe colors.. Any kind of help will be much appreciated.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am

Please find attached many rosters with many things changed.

• If you sort by modified date, you'll get a good idea as to how the menus work, if that helps. I made sure to undo my last change before moving on to the second change, so be sure to compare them all to Base.ROS. Also, I changed Jrue's playertype to 6 for these edits but I didn't tick GenericF.
  • All the Max means in the filename is that I chose the maximum value possible in the game. You can probably ignore the HairMin one.....I'm an idiot and forgot that bald = 0, so no real need to analyze that.
  • Skintone was a complete change from 0 (Jrue's default) to the max whiteness.
  • My comparisons drew a blank when I changed his number from 11 to 10. Maybe it needs to be a bigger change? Or did I miss it.
  • The dunk packages seem to work nicely, full bytes, 15 in a row. I'll go on a limb and guess the byte before those 15 is the layup one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby CHITOWN95 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:35 am

So I tried it for 360, & it is corrupted. Then I used my brain & thought of checksum. Anyone know of the checksum for CMG or if its the same for ROS file
CHITOWN95

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:38 am

360 uses a different byte order. You can't just take PC rosters or the roster editor and try them on the 360. If Leftos is willing to look into the 360 rosters, you could upload an unmodified base roster and then a roster that only has one change in it, like a one point rating increase to one player, and note the original value and the changed value. That's what is being done to learn the PC rosters format. The 360 shouldn't be too different other than the byte order(little endian vs big endian, with a couple more complications).
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CHITOWN95 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:10 am

There is a 360 editor it shows in the tool, so I thought all I had to do was put it thru that then edit it in hex editor maybe.
CHITOWN95

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 am

CHITOWN95, I heard there's something different in handling saves compared to rosters on the 360, while on the PC it's all the same when you find the offsets. Haven't gotten anything concrete on what's different though. Something about the first four bytes needing to be "CON ", but I haven't tried it out.

Pdub, the differences you remember no longer apply in 2K13, fortunately. PC and 360 use the same byte-order and as it seems, in-byte alignment, so you only need to find the new offset of the table you're looking to edit, and all the same functions of the Roster Editor work. Really, the PC and 360 options in Roster Editor just change the decimal byte offsets the tool remembers for the Players and Team Rosters tables. Nothing else needs to be handled differently.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am

Leftos wrote:Pdub, the differences you remember no longer apply in 2K13, fortunately. PC and 360 use the same byte-order and as it seems, in-byte alignment, so you only need to find the new offset of the table you're looking to edit, and all the same functions of the Roster Editor work. Really, the PC and 360 options in Roster Editor just change the decimal byte offsets the tool remembers for the Players and Team Rosters tables. Nothing else needs to be handled differently.

Whaaaaaatttt???? That's awesome. If only MyCareer file was saved to a file on my hard drive so I could hex edit in the player speed to go along with the game speed. So sloooowwww.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 am

This spells good news for REDitor as well; should mean that 360 compatibility should be a matter of days, if not hours, tops.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm

More edits sir.

College Default is UCLA changed to Ukraine
http://www.mediafire.com/?mm2da1c2pacd2mk

Day Default is 12th changed to 13th
http://www.mediafire.com/?q6md2l78r4cu1n4

Month Default is June changed to July
http://www.mediafire.com/?7h9d6px7760a2e9

Year Default is 1990 changed to 1991
http://www.mediafire.com/?d2497ukcukg3n3s
DukeW74

Postby KobeMVP_824 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi Leftos, can u please explain how we can make members of the dream team and celebs free agents? I tried editing the player team ID value to 999 for free agents but it freezes.

Thanks
KobeMVP_824

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm

The 999 Team ID value set to the FA pool is arbitrary by me, it's not used by the game. You shouldn't be setting the Team ID to 999, just adding them to the FA pool by going to the Teams tab, going to the Free Agents row and adding their IDs to free spots. That should be enough.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KobeMVP_824 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Leftos wrote:The 999 Team ID value set to the FA pool is arbitrary by me, it's not used by the game. You shouldn't be setting the Team ID to 999, just adding them to the FA pool by going to the Teams tab, going to the Free Agents row and adding their IDs to free spots. That should be enough.

Thank you very much for this Leftos! It did work HOWEVER once the said players went into free agency they still had their Team logo's and team uniforms on once I went into 'Edit Player'. Then when I went to assign a player (Vinny from the Celebs Team) to the Knicks, it prompted me that there was no roster space and I needed to swap players. It also wouldnt allow me to save the roster as it said Roster fail save. Do I also need to go to the Celeb/Dream teams in BEDITOR and change all the player list values to -9??

Thanks
KobeMVP_824

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:49 pm

The logos and jerseys show up because of the Team IDs. Set them to 0 and see what happens, although when you assign a player to a team, his Team IDs should be overwritten. As for no roster space, well, if the Knicks have 15 players already, you won't be able to assign players to them without releasing someone first. The Roster failed to save is most probably because you still have the roster open in Roster Editor. Close Roster Editor and try saving again.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KobeMVP_824 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Leftos wrote:The logos and jerseys show up because of the Team IDs. Set them to 0 and see what happens, although when you assign a player to a team, his Team IDs should be overwritten. As for no roster space, well, if the Knicks have 15 players already, you won't be able to assign players to them without releasing someone first. The Roster failed to save is most probably because you still have the roster open in Roster Editor. Close Roster Editor and try saving again.

I just closed the Editor and it was able to then save properly. I tried again using your Base Roster and found Magic Johnson (ID 384), set his teams to 0 for both, but wasnt able to click on his 'Is a FA' button, so I went to the teams, free agents and added him to the free agency by putting 384 in the next free space. He appears in the Free Agency, with Team USA logo behind his picture and still wearing the dream team uniform. So I assigned him to Memphis, and it duplicated him over to the team so he appeared on it BUT then the FA Magic with the DT logo was still in the free agency pool. I can send screenshots if you like?
KobeMVP_824

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 pm

If he's duplicated in the Memphis roster and the FA pool, just remove him from the FA pool.

As I mentioned in the changelog, AssignedTo, IsFA and IsHidden are read-only for now. I may add functionality so that they alter the Teams table later on, but now they only show you information based on what's in the Teams table.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby beduke0813 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:29 am

can you add a spot to change season & career stats. So if you created a legend you can add their stats. Also a Hall of Fame category.
beduke0813

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 am

Leftos is now a programmer on the NBA 2K series, so unfortunately he's no longer in a position to make any modding tools. His tools are open source though, if there are any other programmers in the community who'd like to give it a shot.

I'm not a programmer, so I cannot.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K13 Tutorials & FAQs