How to Change MyCareer Teams in NBA 2K13 using RED MC

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K13.

How to Change MyCareer Teams in NBA 2K13 using RED MC

Postby Uncle_Freddy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 am

Hi All! I'm glad to be able to contribute a how-to guide for anyone still kicking around on 2K13. I'm a massive Spurs fan so I decided I wanted to make a Wembanyama MyCareer playthrough but didn't want to get stuck on the skill caps, height caps and other general annoyances that the newer 2Ks shoehorn you into so I decided to dip back into some of the classic 2Ks and have been thankful to find all this wonderful modding support. Rather than sticking to Creating A Legend, I wanted the full MyCareer experience so I've done some digging and have managed to swap my MyPlayer Wembanyama from the team that drafted him (the Thunder) over to the Spurs to play this career out correctly. Steps are below:

Step 1: Download RED MC

https://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=8756

Link is above, it may trigger an antivirus alert when starting the installation but that's a false alert; many on this forum can attest to that.

Step 2: Open your MyCareer save

File > Open > NBA 2K13 > Saves > Select your MyCareer save filename

Step 3: Find your MyPlayer and edit his team assignment

First, click on the Teams tab at the top and find the id number of the team you want to be on (the Spurs are 23).

Find your MyPlayer on the Player tab, scroll to the right a bit until you find the columns TeamID1 and TeamID 2. Edit the values in there to match the team you'd like your player to be on.

Optional Step: Add a real player's likenness to your MyPlayer

If you're trying to do what I've done (make Wembanyama or any other existing player your MyPlayer), you can copy all their biographical information including their face scan onto your player. It's as simple as hitting CTRL+ C on a cell from the original player's entry (or multiple cells if you want to highlight several) and pasting them into the appropriate cell for your MyPlayer.

ASA_ID, PortrID and CF_ID are the big ones, and I also went ahead and copied over every column from SShtIns to AIntPreT1 -- this should cover all player stats, signature skills, tendencies, hot zones, and animations. To get their accessories, navigate past the contract information and copy columns GHeadband to GShsACol3 (the end of the table).

Step 4: Create a filter to show only players on your new team

Name the filter whatever you'd like, set TeamID1 = {insert your new teamID here} and save + apply the filter.

Step 5: Move a player from this roster to the team you just "left"

Since I'm replacing the Wembanyama pre-packaged on the Spurs with my own MyPlayer, I moved him to the Thunder instead. I also edited his height, weight, age and skills to be old and useless so he falls out of the league fast and named him "Bricktor Wembumyama" for good measure, though all those are optional lol (maybe you want to form a rivalry against your evil twin!).

Navigate again to the TeamID1 and TeamID2 columns for the player you're removing and updating them to the TeamID you just left.

VERY IMPORTANT: UPDATE THE MINUTES FOR YOUR MYPLAYER AND "TRADED" PLAYER
In the next column to the right of TeamID2, you will find the MinsAsg column. Make sure you update your MyPlayer's row with the number of the player you're replacing, and make sure you do the same for the player you're "trading". The original Wembanyama had 12 minutes assigned while my MyPlayer had 10, so I swapped those two values. This is to ensure you don't break the rotation logic in the game.

Step 6: Update both team's rotations in the team tab

Write down the ID number for the two players you just swapped. My MyPlayer's ID was 1035 while Bricktor's ID was 659.

Navigate to the Teams tab and scroll right until you find the "Ros_PG" column. For the team you just left, find every instance of your MyPlayer's ID number (in my case 1035) and replace it with the player you're trading yourself with (in Bricktor's case 659). There are 55 different columns where these player IDs can appear:

PG -> C (5)
15 bench spots
Sit_Strt_PG -> Sit_Strt_C (5)
Sit_Bnch_PG -> Sit_Bnch_C (5)
Sit_Tall_PG -> Sit_Tall_C (5)
Sit_Quck_PG -> Sit_Quck_C (5)
Sit_Dfns_PG -> Sit_Dfns_C (5)
Sit_3PT_PG -> Sit_3PT_C (5)
Sit_FT_PG -> Sit_FT_C (5)

Make sure you thoroughly go through and replace all of the values where they appear.

For the team you just moved your MyPlayer to, do the same. In my case, I replaced every instance of 659 with 1035.

Step 7: Now we can finally play the game

That's it! Honestly not super painful, just make sure you don't miss anything and you'll be all set.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K13 by Andrew on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm.
Uncle_Freddy

Re: How to Change MyCareer Teams in NBA 2K13 using RED MC

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Fantastic! Really appreciate the guide, glad you got it working!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13 Tutorials & FAQs