VERSION 2.0 "The Love Of The Game" MJ's Final Season 1997/98

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: ASSOC. FIX "The Love Of The Game" MJ's Final Season 1997

Postby alwaysblack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 am

But here is an example where the shorts are the right length, like in this Alternate uniform the shorts are normal sized and this is perfect right here

Image[/quote]
WELL SINCE U FOUND GO TALK TO THE PERSON THAT DID THAT ROSTER AND GeT THE SHORTS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR U...then fix roster and share....but as far as i kno they are no in between shorts from the 90's to present and the present are way to baggy and dont look right on JORDAN ...now anything else RETRO said ENOUGH so PM him if u have concerns
alwaysblack

Postby Chris-CP3-Paul on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:44 am

retroman wrote:The courts will be updated, why are you still B____ about jersey shorts, I MEAN THIS back off and move on to something else, it stops here! O.K. that it DONE.

DO YOUR ON MOD YOURSELF, BRO STOP IT! NO MORE!

Well honestly the length of the shorts didn't bother me much at first, that was until you guys started acting like there's nothing wrong with them. But as you can see in the pictures I posted, they're simply not the right length and you guys are being hardheaded about it.

In your mod the shorts are shorter than the tights underneath! you can see that in the pictures I posted clearly !
John Stockton wore the shortest shorts of any NBA player in 1998, and look how long his shorts are in this picture here, they're even longer than what you have in your mod.

Anyway I'm done in this thread, will not post anymore as per your request retroman, it's your thread and I'll do as you ask.
Yall are weird though, I come in asking LEGITIMATE questions and you get sensitive like a bunch of females, I understand if I came in here bashing you yall would have every right to give me crap. But I came in simply asking why in a simulation roster are there major inconsistencies like this and I hit a nerve apparently. Maybe I should have asked nicer using more smiley faces or something I don't know.
In any case thank you for your work, I'm very much enjoying your work and I look forward to any updates you may have coming in the future.
Chris-CP3-Paul

Postby retroman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 am

ANNOYING - causing irritation or annoyance; "tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; "aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; "found it galling to have to ask permission"; "an irritating delay"; "nettlesome paperwork"; "a pesky mosquito"; "swarms of pestering gnats"; "a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; "a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; "a vexatious child"; "it is vexing to have to admit you are WRONG"

lets see if you have something else to say trying to get the last words in digs, your questions were never asked any statements were. so get a clue in that life of yours!

1.) Postby Adon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

So I did everything properly, the extracting files one after another in order as according to your instructions. And this is what I get when I load the 97-98 rosters....

bodyless players just floating uniforms, and a complete black out of everything else.

THIS WAS NOT QUESTION, this was your internal problem!

2.) Postby Adon on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm sure it's not my PC, its a $2000 gaming computer so it's probably one of the other mods conflicting with this one. I've installed other things like cyber faces and one of those global shadow mods from here, so it might be that.

I will try to add your mod on a clean install of NBA 2K, I can't wait to play with my home team the Vancouver Grizzlies

STILL NOT A QUESTON !

3.) Postby Adon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 pm

I finally was able to get it to work, thank you for this brother it's awesome !
I was screaming out loud when I saw the Grizzlies court and all the old players I grew up watching as a kid, scared the crap outta my girlfriend :D

STILL NOT A QUESTION! the only positive thing you said!

4.) Postby Adon on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:44 am

The only other thing I'd like to ask is the two Canadian courts are wrong, the Raptors and the Grizzlies court are both wrong colors, is there any way to fix this please ?
what is your exact file name for the Vancouver Grizzlies court ? I can just replace it with the one from 2K12 I have pictured below, it works just fine on my main roster but when I load your roster up it boots up your court, so I want to replace yours need to know the exact number

ONLY QUESTION? HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH JERSEY SO HOW DID YOU GET THERE!

5.) Postby Adon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

^ nevermind about that issue, I managed to use ModTool to find out exactly which court it was by opening the files 1 by 1, everything is ok right now.

I gotta ask you though, how come you put old school short shorts that stop mid-thigh on all the players like it's the 1980's ? is there any way to edit or fix this ??
The early 1990's is when the Michigan Fab 5 made knee high shorts popular, and by the mid 90's everyone except John Stockton was wearing shorts almost down to the knees.... and the younger guys wore them even shorter all the way down and even past the kneecap at times, here's the rookie class from 1996

ANSWER YOUR OWN PROBLEM, AND THEN B____D STILL NOT A QUESTION!

5.) Postby Adon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 am

first off I appreciate you and all the guys on here work and I respect it, I'm just trying to get some clarification because this is labeled as a simulation roster of the 97 season... it doesn't say anything about "Retromans customised custom rosters based on the 97 season"
if that was the case I wouldn't have said a thing, but since it's promoted as THE 97 season I expected original courts and uniforms as I'm sure everyone would assume the same.

I'm not trying to be a pest, I'm just trying to get an understanding of what this really is, but if you wanna get butthurt because I caught a few inconsistencies and you want to take that as if I'm putting your work down then I can't help you with that, that's your problem.
Because like I said up top, I absolutely respect your and any other legit modder's contributions to this forum and the modding game.

DEFENDING STUPIDITY! NOT A QUESTION!

6.) Postby Adon on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 am

What rude comments of mine ? nowhere was I rude, I didnt come on here to bash him, I'm just asking WHY are some of the courts WRONG, as BOTH the Grizzlies and Raptors courts are both wrong, and why are the shorts WRONG size. If you look at all my posts I'm asking if it's fixable, what can be done, etc..... I'm not bashing him or being rude or anything...
I know now Shorts length can't be edited now so ok....
ALWAYSBLACK is asking for Phil Jackson to be changed and I can't ask why 2 courts are the totally wrong colors ? I mean really ?

And there's got to be some sort of mis understanding, you guys are insinuating I want shorts below the knee ?? did you not read my posts? I clearly said in my post that players were wearing shorts in the 90's that came very close to the knee..I DIDNT SAY BELOW THE KNEE.... The NBA has a rule where the shorts have to be 1 inch above the knee cap and no lower than that.
This is because sometime in the late 1990's a lot of these younger guys were wearing shorts that looked like this

AGAIN BEENING ?

7.) Postby Adon on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 am

^ OK Retro, thats ALL I wanted to tell you, that's it.... all this hassle could have been avoided if you just answered my question about the courts the first time I asked instead of bitching back at me for no reason, I was just letting you know the courts were wrong, that's all, I wasn't bashing you. I mean you got guys bugging you about sideline coaches and player ratings and other minimal stuff like that, but proper courts are much more important than that.

alwaysblack I never once anywhere on this thread asked for the shorts to be super baggy or below the knee, what don't you understand about that ? I just asked why are they not realistic like they were in the 98 season, All I said was the shorts in the late 90's did NOT STOP MIDWAY DOWN YOUR THIGH, and some of the uniforms in this mod are good the shorts are the right size, but some of them they are way too short. Here is some pictures I just took right now to show you what I'm talking about

This is Allen Iverson as a rookie in this picture, and the one below is his shorts in the game

NOT A QUESTION!

8.) Postby Adon on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 pm

retroman wrote:
The courts will be updated, why are you still B____ about jersey shorts, I MEAN THIS back off and move on to something else, it stops here! O.K. that it DONE.

DO YOUR ON MOD YOURSELF, BRO STOP IT! NO MORE!

Well honestly the length of the shorts didn't bother me much at first, that was until you guys started acting like there's nothing wrong with them. But as you can see in the pictures I posted, they're simply not the right length and you guys are being hardheaded about it.

In your mod the shorts are shorter than the tights underneath! you can see that in the pictures I posted clearly !
John Stockton wore the shortest shorts of any NBA player in 1998, and look how long his shorts are in this picture here, they're even longer than what you have in your mod.

NOT A QUESTION!

and you state you enjoy my work! so as I said get a life, people like you I don't need liking me work! so go away! and this is my last to say to you, don't respond again and I'm hoping Andrew or JaoSming lock this thread and YOU! will not see my updated count on that!
retroman

Postby alwaysblack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 am

NO NO NOOooo we dont want them locking anything beccause of one RETARD..us retro guys dont have or get enough love as it is.......we retro fans SALUTE u for ya hardwork..DONT EVEN LET HIM GET TO U :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
alwaysblack

Postby retroman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 am

alwaysblack wrote:NO NO NOOooo we dont want them locking anything beccause of one RETARD..us retro guys dont have or get enough love as it is.......we retro fans SALUTE u for ya hardwork..DONT EVEN LET HIM GET TO U :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

THX Bro, I'm truly done with him, I'm always there for YOU and TRUE fans!
retroman

Re: 2/8 UPDATED "The Love Of The Game" MJ's Final Season 199

Postby retroman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 pm

2-8-2013 New Update on 1st page
retroman

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 pm

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
retroman wrote:2-8-2013 New Update on 1st page
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby alwaysblack on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:42 pm

thxxx good job :applaud: :applaud: (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
alwaysblack

Postby christophlin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 am

Just saw this today, and am looking forward to playing it. Quick question though -- Do I need to download all the files, and is there a specific order I need to download/copy them over in?

There are a ton of links, including the most recent update on 02-08-2013, and I'm not sure if I should follow a specific set of instructions.
christophlin

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 am

christophlin wrote:Just saw this today, and am looking forward to playing it. Quick question though -- Do I need to download all the files, and is there a specific order I need to download/copy them over in?

There are a ton of links, including the most recent update on 02-08-2013, and I'm not sure if I should follow a specific set of instructions.

Start from the top downloads and just work your way down (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby retroman on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 am

StompTheCourt wrote:
christophlin wrote:Just saw this today, and am looking forward to playing it. Quick question though -- Do I need to download all the files, and is there a specific order I need to download/copy them over in?

Start from the top downloads and just work your way down (Y)

thanks bro! (Y)
retroman

Postby rickiu on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:13 pm

After I editeded some rating and shoes and trying to save the roster, it crashed and quited to window immediately... :cry:

Could any one give me advice to over come this problem
:?: :bowdown:
rickiu

Postby retroman on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:36 pm

rickiu wrote:After I editeded some rating and shoes and trying to save the roster, it crashed and quited to window immediately... :cry:

I mention somewhere in this Post, this roster CANNOT BE EDIT or IT WILL CRASH! this all will be changed and fixed when REDitor comes out. so put the updated roster back and your saves and Please wait! thanks
retroman

Postby retroman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 am

NEW ADDED LINKS on first page:

juan33 is doing new face releases, this is the link to his Post for updated to my Mod go here:
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88484
retroman

Postby blizzcoe on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I just run this mod but I have a little bit of problem with the scoreboard. please take a look at this image, and kindly tell what to do to fix it. thanks in advance

blizzcoe

Postby retroman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 pm

blizzcoe wrote:I just run this mod but I have a little bit of problem with the scoreboard. please take a look at this image, and kindly tell what to do to fix it. thanks in advance

have not scoreboard included in my Mod! wrong post . ask one of the scoreboard mod makers!
retroman

Postby FishBowlMan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi retro. Loving this roster. Am looking forward to playing a season using the 1998 Jazz.

Thanks for your efforts in putting this together for us.

John.
There is no room inside a box!
FishBowlMan

Postby retroman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

FishBowlMan wrote:Hi retro. Loving this roster. Am looking forward to playing a season using the 1998 Jazz.

Thanks for your efforts in putting this together for us.

John.

thanks for the support
retroman

Postby mariulis1 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 am

retroman, (Y) :D Thanks my favorite season New York Knicks: Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Charles Oakley, Allan Houston, John Starks and other.....
mariulis1

Postby rickiu on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 am

retroman wrote:
rickiu wrote:After I editeded some rating and shoes and trying to save the roster, it crashed and quited to window immediately... :cry:

I mention somewhere in this Post, this roster CANNOT BE EDIT or IT WILL CRASH! this all will be changed and fixed when REDitor comes out. so put the updated roster back and your saves and Please wait! thanks

Thx , retroman! I love your classic roster!! (Y)
Grant Hill s arms are black, Brian Grant got no face...Could you fix it?
rickiu

Postby retroman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:04 am

rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:

Grant Hill s arms are black go here viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88311, Brian Grant got no face...Could you fix it? http://www.mediafire.com/?ov2tdldd07r16jv

I added links
retroman

Postby eric800223 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm

HEY!!!
really appreciate your work
but there are too many updates in the post
can you make the big pack of all updates????
your works are amazing!! thank you!
eric800223

Postby rickiu on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 pm

retroman wrote:
rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:

Grant Hill s arms are black go here viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88311, Brian Grant got no face...Could you fix it? http://www.mediafire.com/?ov2tdldd07r16jv

I added links

THX for the links, Bro!!
I just tried Black Arm Fix Pack 5 1.0 for fixing G.Hill, A Carr etc... I did the following steps but the black arm problem can NOT be solved... :(
After unzipping it, I run "Rename_png_Reverse.cmd" in the same folder the files are in. All png...iff files automatically renamed and I replaced it with the old files which are the same file names in 2k13 program file folder.

Could you advise me any step I did wrong?? :bowdown:
rickiu

Postby retroman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 am

rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:
rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:

I added links

THX for the links, Bro!!
I just tried Black Arm Fix Pack 5 1.0 for fixing G.Hill, A Carr etc... I did the following steps but the black arm problem can NOT be solved... :(
After unzipping it, I run "Rename_png_Reverse.cmd" in the same folder the files are in. All png...iff files automatically renamed and I replaced it with the old files which are the same file names in 2k13 program file folder.

You are Missing Packages, I recommend starting all over with the Mod by just overwrite My files. I research everything on this and found at least one package your missing, you failed to download. and I sure your missing more, but I want to find your problem which you should have had just by getting all the download. your Grant Hill problem is something on your end due to he was an original 2k file just with black arms and the link I gave should have fixed that. Antoine Carr is in the link below, one which you didn't download. Sorry for come off strong but some members are not following the instructions properly and it's annoying. Yes I understand some files were missing and I check fix it right away! so sorry again!

UPDATE: http://www.mediafire.com/?5c3zvp441pzc2tj
retroman

Postby retroman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 am

retroman wrote:
rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:
rickiu wrote:
retroman wrote:

I added links

THX for the links, Bro!!

You are Missing Packages, I recommend starting all over with the Mod by just overwrite My files. I research everything on this and found at least one package your missing, you failed to download. and I sure your missing more, but I want to find your problem which you should haven't of had just by getting all the download. your Grant Hill problem is something on your end due to he was an original 2k file just with black arms and the link I gave should have fixed that. Antoine Carr is in the link below, one which you didn't download. Sorry for come off strong but some members are not following the instructions properly and it's annoying. Yes I understand some files were missing and I check fix it right away! so sorry again!

UPDATE: http://www.mediafire.com/?5c3zvp441pzc2tj
retroman

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding