SCOREBOARD- TWC version 2a. FOX, NBA, ESPN made.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: SCOREBOARD- CSN TV v1.1 Released !!!

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm

bperic83 wrote:Is it possible to make CSN scoreboard working like TNT 2013? I mean to make the empty scoreboard, and to insert logos of teams in photoshop, gimp and then making newscorebug.iff in 3D MOD :) We already have logos, so if you could make just .png file without logos :)

TNT 2013 was made of NBA2K12 file and that was the only way to represent team colours on that scorebaord.
YES and CSN - NBA2K13 file and it can't work the same as TNT 2013.

Delete logo000.iff-logo031.iff from the main NBA2K13 folder and you will have empty scoreboard (CSN) :):):)
The main texture is empty anyway. You can extract it with Nba2KX_ModTool 2k12 tool (3DM tool does not recognize it)

If you want your custom logos on CSN - the only way is to edit logofile.
Here is a PNG example. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktfij8
Edit it maintaining size.
Covert to DDS (DXT5 compressions).
Import to logoxxx.iff with 3DM tool
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Bliss wrote:Can you able to hex edit espn scoreboard stats, sarting 5, fouls appear on the bottom of the scoreboard?

I hope yes. But I will not edit existing old ESPN scoreboards that are available for download. They were not created by me and they were made of NBA2k12 file.

I plan to do thi with NBA2K13 file (to create a new scoreboard)
exrxixxx

Postby 187 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm

exrxixxx can you release the YES scoreboard without the flashing red when the shot clock goes down?

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 pm

187 wrote:exrxixxx can you release the YES scoreboard without the flashing red when the shot clock goes down?

Here is YES TV not flashing shot clock alert
http://www.sendspace.com/file/52vxuo
exrxixxx

Postby 187 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Thank you :bowdown:

Postby buddaking on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:37 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
buddaking wrote:oh and can you make a video on youtube base on how to put the tnt 2013 team logo in the tnt scoreboard..on that gimp program...i can not save a dds file on there for the tnt team and logo..i follow every step on your read me text..but i still can't get it to save as a dds file

I never made any video and even do not thinking to do that. I am very anti-social :)
But I will try to help you for sure.

Do not use GIMP for editing. Use it just for resaving files to diferent formats. DDS to PNG and PNG to DDS.
Open TXT texture and team logos with image editing application (photoshop, fireworks or any other what you have) - do everything here.
After you a ready PNG file that you want to put tot the game - open it with GIMP first. We need to convert it DDS.

Press SHIFT+CTRL+S (Save As)
New table will popup.
At the bottom 1cm above Help buton there is + symbol. Go there, Choose dds.
Save.
A new table will popup -Choose compression (I don't remember now is it DXT1 or DXT5 for logos)
Confirm.

totally understandable bro...thank you exrixxx for the reply!...i understand now..i will follow these steps now
buddaking

Postby buddaking on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
buddaking wrote:i only sign up for this website to say thank you for the TNT 2013,yes network and csn tv scoreboard for 2k13..finally there a person who did something different for this year addition beside making the same cf and stadium over and over again...although they're all appreciate...if you don't mind me asking you this question...what are the tool you use to make scoreboard for 2k13?..im very interesting in knowing..maybe i can help out and create a band new scoreboard on my own and share the mod with everybody who plays 2k games for the pc

Than you sir. Welcome on board :)

1) 3DM NBA2K12 MOD tool and Nba2KX_ModTool 2k12 fox export/import graphic files and 3D structures.
2) Blender (with Python) to edit some of 3D structures
3) GIMP tuconvert graphic files from iff to png and visa versus
4) graphic editor (I use Fireworks Macromedia - it's very light and works very for this type of works)
4) Hex editor (I use Neo) to resize, move, change, disbale something, etc. - 95% of time I send HEX editing.

You may read a thread from previous year modder, there are some pictures (tutorial to imgaine how it works)
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=84049

i appreciate the tips..you're the man bro :bowdown:
buddaking

Postby bperic83 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm

buddaking wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:
buddaking wrote:oh and can you make a video on youtube base on how to put the tnt 2013 team logo in the tnt scoreboard..on that gimp program...i can not save a dds file on there for the tnt team and logo..i follow every step on your read me text..but i still can't get it to save as a dds file

I never made any video and even do not thinking to do that. I am very anti-social :)

Do not use GIMP for editing. Use it just for resaving files to diferent formats. DDS to PNG and PNG to DDS.
Open TXT texture and team logos with image editing application (photoshop, fireworks or any other what you have) - do everything here.
After you a ready PNG file that you want to put tot the game - open it with GIMP first. We need to convert it DDS.

New table will popup.
Save.
A new table will popup -Choose compression (I don't remember now is it DXT1 or DXT5 for logos)
Confirm.

totally understandable bro...thank you exrixxx for the reply!...i understand now..i will follow these steps now

I had problem with GIMP as I didn't have option to save file as .dds. The thing that worked for me is not to do Save As... but to do Export, there is .dds option, and it works as charm :)
bperic83

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 pm

[/quote] I had problem with GIMP as I didn't have option to save file as .dds. The thing that worked for me is not to do Save As... but to do Export, there is .dds option, and it works as charm :)[/quote]

Somehow GIMP was installed to my pc with my native language (not english), so direct translation had to be Save as. I did not imagine it had to be called Export. Sorry for confusing you. GL GL
exrxixxx

Postby bperic83 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
bperic83 wrote:Is it possible to make CSN scoreboard working like TNT 2013? I mean to make the empty scoreboard, and to insert logos of teams in photoshop, gimp and then making newscorebug.iff in 3D MOD :) We already have logos, so if you could make just .png file without logos :)

TNT 2013 was made of NBA2K12 file and that was the only way to represent team colours on that scorebaord.

Delete logo000.iff-logo031.iff from the main NBA2K13 folder and you will have empty scoreboard (CSN) :):):)
The main texture is empty anyway. You can extract it with Nba2KX_ModTool 2k12 tool (3DM tool does not recognize it)

Thanks :) I done it and it can be inserted in 2K12, too, just like TNT 2013 :) If anyone is interested in proces of inserting CSN scoreboard in 2K12 just like the TNT 2013 method just say and I will write every step down, but exrxixxx alredy write in these lines the core of the procedure :) Great scoreboard :)
bperic83

Postby exrxixxx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm

bperic83 wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:

Thanks :) I done it and it can be inserted in 2K12, too, just like TNT 2013 :) If anyone is interested in proces of inserting CSN scoreboard in 2K12 just like the TNT 2013 method just say and I will write every step down, but exrxixxx alredy write in these lines the core of the procedure :) Great scoreboard :)

Well done!
GL GL GL

BTW if you want all CSN logos in PNG I can send you (same as Pacers you've got earlier today)
exrxixxx

Postby bperic83 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
bperic83 wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:

Well done!
GL GL GL

BTW if you want all CSN logos in PNG I can send you (same as Pacers you've got earlier today)

That would be great :) I mean, I can extract everyone from logoxxxx.iff, but this would save me time :) Thanks :)
bperic83

Postby Larvae on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am

I hope you'd be able to do a NBA TV scoreboard or the new TNT 2013 without manually doing the team color thingy. :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby exrxixxx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 am

Thanks :) I done it and it can be inserted in 2K12, too, just like TNT 2013 :) If anyone is interested in proces of inserting CSN scoreboard in 2K12 just like the TNT 2013 method just say and I will write every step down, but exrxixxx alredy write in these lines the core of the procedure :) Great scoreboard :)[/quote]

Well done!
GL GL GL

BTW if you want all CSN logos in PNG I can send you (same as Pacers you've got earlier today)[/quote]

That would be great :) I mean, I can extract everyone from logoxxxx.iff, but this would save me time :) Thanks :)[/quote]

32 logos PNG. Lost 33rd Seattle'96.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ccc07

EDITED EDITED:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for generic text to be displayed on the texture. So if you are making logos for NBA2K12 you have to write team name on the logos.
exrxixxx

Postby cyclopsdels on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 am

sir great work, but any possible to fix the team logo in the replay...? and during the stats display? or can you make without team logo of this CSN TV?
cyclopsdels

Postby Spy76 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

exrxixxx wrote:
Spy76 wrote:Great release, i found this awkward :

Also, when player tip off, the logos are the small one, again, is it normal aswell?

If you about green/black bar - yes, that is OK. Flyout bars are not touched yet.

Ok, just wondering, great job bud.

Many fankos
Spy76

Postby exrxixxx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 am

cyclopsdels wrote:sir great work, but any possible to fix the team logo in the replay...? and during the stats display? or can you make without team logo of this CSN TV?

1) Currently there only one option available - big logos during replay and stats window or moded scoreboard.
2) CSN "not coloured" - possible, but I will not do this, sry
exrxixxx

Postby bperic83 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 am

exrxixxx wrote:

Well done!
GL GL GL

BTW if you want all CSN logos in PNG I can send you (same as Pacers you've got earlier today)[/quote]

That would be great :) I mean, I can extract everyone from logoxxxx.iff, but this would save me time :) Thanks :)[/quote]

EDITED EDITED:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for generic text to be displayed on the texture. So if you are making logos for NBA2K12 you have to write team name on the logos.[/quote]

Thanks for the logos :) I know, I firstlly thought just to use it 'till I finish my NBA2K12 career, but then I realized that, with idea of manual adding the logos, like on TNT 2013, it is possible to insert ANYTHING :) and that is why this idea is great to me :) For example, instead of team names in TNT 2013, I inserted little logos, just logos, without team name, and it looks great :) Here is example :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bperic83

Postby exrxixxx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 am

bperic83 wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:

Well done!
GL GL GL

EDITED EDITED:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for generic text to be displayed on the texture. So if you are making logos for NBA2K12 you have to write team name on the logos.[/quote]

Thanks for the logos :) I know, I firstlly thought just to use it 'till I finish my NBA2K12 career, but then I realized that, with idea of manual adding the logos, like on TNT 2013, it is possible to insert ANYTHING :) and that is why this idea is great to me :) For example, instead of team names in TNT 2013, I inserted little logos, just logos, without team name, and it looks great :) Here is example :)[/quote]

Ja, that's OK. Congrats on achieving this.
Personally me the true look of scoreboard is more important (letters are in real life scoreboard), but if you like custom logos, that is also nice.
GL GL GL
exrxixxx

Postby Uchiha432 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 am

can't seem to get this scoreboards to work properly do i really need to do the keep my mod thing??? or is there a way to make this mod work without using it??? could someone please upload the original logo files cause i forgot to back up mine and want to restore everything to original cause when using csn tv mod my game keeps crashing on startup
Uchiha432

Postby buddaking on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Uchiha432 wrote:can't seem to get this scoreboards to work properly do i really need to do the keep my mod thing??? or is there a way to make this mod work without using it??? could someone please upload the original logo files cause i forgot to back up mine and want to restore everything to original cause when using csn tv mod my game keeps crashing on startup

you have to copy and when you force paste the cns tv newscoreboard in the main 2k13 folder and the online data after the game have started..do not do it before you start the game up..sometime that keep my mod tool is useless and 2k update always catch on to whatever it is you was trying to force what mod you wanted to keep
buddaking

Postby buddaking on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm

bperic83 wrote:
buddaking wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:

New table will popup.
Save.
Confirm.

I had problem with GIMP as I didn't have option to save file as .dds. The thing that worked for me is not to do Save As... but to do Export, there is .dds option, and it works as charm :)

ohhhhh okay..yeah i was alway having a problem with just that part..i will export the files and see how things go with that...thank you
buddaking

Postby canilangcd on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm

CSN TV 1.1 seems working but on the team logo whenever the name of the player shows up with stats and on time out the team logo seems small or out of position. stillfixing this one or i must do something on this, i mean can someone tell me how to fix this. kudos by the way on the scoreboard
canilangcd

Postby kristoffer on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

hey mate, nice work on your scoreboard, but one thing, if i use your logos all other places that need logos suffer, such as boxscore, gamestats, in-game menu, in-game logos etc. if you can just insert the default logos on your scoreboard, it's much better, thanks anyways! i'm still using your tnt2013 scoreboard :)
ImagePROUD TO BE PINOY
kristoffer

Postby exrxixxx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm

kristoffer wrote:hey mate, nice work on your scoreboard, but one thing, if i use your logos all other places that need logos suffer, such as boxscore, gamestats, in-game menu, in-game logos etc. if you can just insert the default logos on your scoreboard, it's much better, thanks anyways! i'm still using your tnt2013 scoreboard :)

It;s optional, you may use default NBA2K13 scoreboard instead of CSN.

It is impossible to make as you say "if you can just insert the default logos on your scoreboard". It wouldn't work.
I will explain why.

NBA2K13 displays a pretty big logo which size is 512x512 pixels. And the game uses it not only in scoreboard but at some other screens too.
If I want to have team colours, I must draw a coloured bar instead of this logo. Acutally "CSN logos/bars" are maybe 5 times smaller than the default logos. I just forced these bars to be displayd bigger by HEX editing.
Currently there is no way to workaround this problem.
exrxixxx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding