Med's Ultimate Roster v1.1b RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.8 RELEASED

Postby pacificsmoke on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 am

These rosters are phenomenal.

How can I move created players(Like 02-03 Tmac) to other teams? It says I can't trade created players.
pacificsmoke

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 am

wikisaiyan wrote:thanks for the help. i gotta go back and fix the cyberfaces for mines. Quick question, do globals come with cf's b/c I didnt use Kyrius' and i'm thinking that may be my problem.
Once again thanks.

I don't really understand what you're asking sorry.

pacificsmoke wrote:These rosters are phenomenal.

How can I move created players(Like 02-03 Tmac) to other teams? It says I can't trade created players.

Yeah you can't really move them sorry..
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 am

Med,

The CFs in the bundles installed in the main directory, they're all for created players, correct? They shouldn't overwrite any default players in the game? Meaning if I were to use a different roster, I wouldn't see a wrong CF on a different player because you changed IDs or anything? (I'm sure this is the case, but I just want to ask to be certain).

Also, after installing all your shoes, would that lead to potential problems with another roster as well? Or were the files just updates, say for example, Kobe Bryant's sneakers, which he pretty much wears exclusively?

Thanks. Played 1 game with them so far, and I like. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby fouryearpuma on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am

[/quote]

Yes sir![/quote]

Cool. Thanks meds. Any other mods/updates by yourself or anyone else that you suggested checking out?
fouryearpuma

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Med,

The CFs in the bundles installed in the main directory, they're all for created players, correct? They shouldn't overwrite any default players in the game? Meaning if I were to use a different roster, I wouldn't see a wrong CF on a different player because you changed IDs or anything? (I'm sure this is the case, but I just want to ask to be certain).

Also, after installing all your shoes, would that lead to potential problems with another roster as well? Or were the files just updates, say for example, Kobe Bryant's sneakers, which he pretty much wears exclusively?

Thanks. Played 1 game with them so far, and I like. (Y)

The shoes will probably conflict with other rosters. But the CFs won't.

fouryearpuma wrote:Cool. Thanks meds. Any other mods/updates by yourself or anyone else that you suggested checking out?

Kyrius' Global and Larvae's portraits definitely. That's it
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby pacificsmoke on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am

Figured out how to move the created players and Im having a blast doing Create A Legend. These are the best rosters Ive ever downloaded. Don't have much money but a little donation is in order, when I get paid.
pacificsmoke

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 am

Best rosters by far. It's not even a contest.
SunnyDove

Postby Medevenx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm

pacificsmoke wrote:Figured out how to move the created players and Im having a blast doing Create A Legend. These are the best rosters Ive ever downloaded. Don't have much money but a little donation is in order, when I get paid.

Wonder how you did it lol I can't even figure it out. Thanks! :)

SunnyDove wrote:Best rosters by far. It's not even a contest.

Thank you!

I'll release a v0.8b today after the Heat-Lakers game just to update some ratings, tendencies, and accessories (specifically Lakers)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm

I just wish there were headband color options in the game. That's not possible even with mods, right? I hate only having 1 color headband assigned to each uniform.

Suggestion: I believe your Carmelo Anthony lacks microwave. Although he is deserving of active hands, I can't imagine him not having microwave. He once scored 34 points in a single quarter. He's about as streaky as they come. Two games this past week, he started like 1/8 or 1/10 and then went 6 for his next 7 shots afterwards.
SunnyDove

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

SunnyDove wrote:I just wish there were headband color options in the game. That's not possible even with mods, right? I hate only having 1 color headband assigned to each uniform.

I can't think of any team where players wear different color headbands on the court in the same game.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
SunnyDove wrote:I just wish there were headband color options in the game. That's not possible even with mods, right? I hate only having 1 color headband assigned to each uniform.

I can't think of any team where players wear different color headbands on the court in the same game.

They wear different accessory colors on different nights. I play Knicks association everyday and it would be nice to have the option of white, black, blue, or orange headbands.
SunnyDove

Postby Kyrius on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

I really cannot wait for the REDITOR. :/

It will make things in life much much much easier. Anyways, should we take account of the new colors of the accessories of the New York Knicks earlier? (Pistons vs Knicks London Game)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/photos/_/ ... n-shumpert <-- Real Life

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/photos/_/ ... lo-anthony <-- Real Life

GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I need to learn how to edit rosters so I can set my own team colors for the Knicks. I'm going to research that right now. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am fiddling with Leftos's Roster Editor but I have no idea how to get the team colors that I want.
SunnyDove

Postby fangman on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi

Just wondering if the changes you've made affect the sim stats in Association mode? I've been using Albys rosters and as a result the stats in association mode are weird such as Chris Paul averaging 5.5 apg. Or is there a file I have to download (apart from all your roster updates, Kyrius global and Larvae portraits) in order to run Association? I'm trying to play with all the rosters to see which I find most authentic in Association and I hear yours is really good.

Thanks
fangman

Postby pacificsmoke on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Medevenx wrote:
pacificsmoke wrote:Figured out how to move the created players and Im having a blast doing Create A Legend. These are the best rosters Ive ever downloaded. Don't have much money but a little donation is in order, when I get paid.

Wonder how you did it lol I can't even figure it out. Thanks! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOp3S4G37s

Works! Basically I just customized the league(using season mode, not association) and replaced the current orlando magic with the 02-03 team. After everything loads just exit the season mode and now you'll be able to move any created player from that team :)
pacificsmoke

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Could I possibly get the proper offsets to edit your roster, Med? I want to change Knicks accessory colors around in Roster Editor game-to-game.
SunnyDove

Postby Medevenx on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 pm

fangman wrote:Hi

Just wondering if the changes you've made affect the sim stats in Association mode? I've been using Albys rosters and as a result the stats in association mode are weird such as Chris Paul averaging 5.5 apg. Or is there a file I have to download (apart from all your roster updates, Kyrius global and Larvae portraits) in order to run Association? I'm trying to play with all the rosters to see which I find most authentic in Association and I hear yours is really good.

Thanks

Hi! I'm not too deep in my association yet.. But CP3 is averaging 11.2 assists in mine (he's leading). I think the sliders will definitely also have an effect on that. You can playtest the roster by only downloading the %Appdata% Files. You don't really need to download the shoes, globals, portraits as they don't affect gameplay. Then if you like what you're playing, you can download the remaining main folder files and globals and portraits files. :)

SunnyDove wrote:Could I possibly get the proper offsets to edit your roster, Med? I want to change Knicks accessory colors around in Roster Editor game-to-game.

Nov10

pacificsmoke wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOp3S4G37s

Works! Basically I just customized the league(using season mode, not association) and replaced the current orlando magic with the 02-03 team. After everything loads just exit the season mode and now you'll be able to move any created player from that team :)

That's smart! :)

bigh0rt wrote:I can't think of any team where players wear different color headbands on the court in the same game.

Boston Celtics on Christmas day. Pierce wore a red headband, Terry wore green.

Suggestion: I believe your Carmelo Anthony lacks microwave. Although he is deserving of active hands, I can't imagine him not having microwave. He once scored 34 points in a single quarter. He's about as streaky as they come. Two games this past week, he started like 1/8 or 1/10 and then went 6 for his next 7 shots afterwards.

Are you sure you're using my roster? He's had Microwave since v0.1 instead of Finisher (he statistically isn't a good finisher around the rim that's why his close and inside ratings are that low)

Anyway me and Kyrius are almost done with v0.8b :)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby DW0911 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Any update log or image preview on v0.8b ? :D
DW0911

Postby fangman on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Medevenx wrote:
fangman wrote:
Hi! I'm not too deep in my association yet.. But CP3 is averaging 11.2 assists in mine (he's leading). I think the sliders will definitely also have an effect on that. You can playtest the roster by only downloading the %Appdata% Files. You don't really need to download the shoes, globals, portraits as they don't affect gameplay. Then if you like what you're playing, you can download the remaining main folder files and globals and portraits files. :)

Awesome thanks. What sliders are you talking about? I assume the gameplay sliders don't affect simulated stats?
fangman

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 am

SunnyDove wrote:I need to learn how to edit rosters so I can set my own team colors for the Knicks. I'm going to research that right now. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am fiddling with Leftos's Roster Editor but I have no idea how to get the team colors that I want.

I'm learning as I go along, too. It's not too bad. Download Roster Editor. Open your roster. Go to Jerseys tab. Then scroll over to the colors. I believe the first color column is for shoes or something, because it's always black or white (and socks has it's own column, so I don't think it's that). After that, there's 3 more columns, which I believe to represent Team Color 1, Team Color 2, and Headband Color. The columns are called, though, something like TeamColor2, TeamColor3, TeamColor4. I would look and confirm, but I'm not home right now. Then just Save, and voila, you're all set. I don't know if this would work in Association, since I don't think you can edit rosters within that via Roster Editor (somebody please tell me if you can), though from what I understand, you should be able to do it with REDitor once it is released.

Hope that helps.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:08 am

I don't know how REDitor works, etc. but my thought for when it allows us to add jerseys, is simply to use the same jerseys and pair them with different Team Colors to make this work. For example, have a Knicks Home 2013 jersey with blue accessories, then add the same Knicks Home 2013 jersey as selectable only with orange accessories. I don't know if this was done in the past, or if REDitor even makes it unnecessary, but I know it's something I'll want to do when it is released, so I can have different accessory color options.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Medevenx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:01 am

fangman wrote:Awesome thanks. What sliders are you talking about? I assume the gameplay sliders don't affect simulated stats?

I honestly am not sure about this, but a PURELY simulated season may not be affected by sliders? Try playing 1 game, then simulating the rest or something just to indicate that a user has played.

DW0911 wrote:Any update log or image preview on v0.8b ? :D

None yet. I just finished a Star Wars Trilogy marathon so it'll probably come tomorrow after the games. Coaching changes like the Bucks and Suns would probably slow me down though.

bigh0rt wrote:I don't know how REDitor works, etc. but my thought for when it allows us to add jerseys, is simply to use the same jerseys and pair them with different Team Colors to make this work. For example, have a Knicks Home 2013 jersey with blue accessories, then add the same Knicks Home 2013 jersey as selectable only with orange accessories. I don't know if this was done in the past, or if REDitor even makes it unnecessary, but I know it's something I'll want to do when it is released, so I can have different accessory color options.

Yeah it's one of the features I hope to add to the roster when REDitor comes out.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Maximus89 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 am

What portraits are best with your roster?
Maximus89

Postby fangman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 am

Maximus89 wrote:What portraits are best with your roster?

Larvae, works perfectly
fangman

Postby Rhenel_04 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 am

i have a question dude. as of now i am simulating an association. so some trades and some other players who are free agents are signed with other teams. but, how come that the color of their shoes still remains of what the color of their ex teams. for example, elton brand is signed by the lakers, so in that case his shoe color should be change to yellow or what shoe color id is for the lakers, but when i check brand still his shoe color remains blue as what his ex default team color shoe was, and that was dallas as his old team. any suggestion on this one ?
Rhenel_04

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding