Med's Ultimate Roster v1.1b RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.8 RELEASED

Postby brettccameron on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

There aren't many coaches with weird names you could easily change, either. I saw a few, but I don't think there was much variety in their ratings. Not enough for a whole roster anyway
brettccameron

Postby Medevenx on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm

SunnyDove wrote:I can't use any sliders other than MKHarsh. It's the only set that feels like a true basketball sim. I believe his sliders were designed to give realistic stats and cut down on the "2K cheese." I do have to adjust shooting tendencies and stuff often though. I just adjust players as I play against them with my Knicks. There's no way in hell Deron Williams should have 99 shot tendency. He's has big scoring nights but he's very balanced point guard in terms of distributing and shooting.

EDIT: Quick question for you. Have you ever used Post Proficiency on Carmelo? I'm not entirely clear on how it pertains to faceup moves but if it gives greater chance to fall for the pump fake and higher success rate on moves coming out of a faceup, that would be perfect for Melo. I would be a bit worried about it making his post fadeaway too potent though.

This is a bit unrelated but does anyone else find most of the escape dribble moves are just not quick enough to be effective? Some players like Carmelo should have their own one dribble pull-up packages. Carmelo is the master of the one dribble pull-up and you just can't emulate what he does in a real game.

Post Proficiency is bad for Melo because he most of his postups are faceups and he doesn't really spin to the baseline much. Post Proficiency should probably for people with a variety of post moves like Lamarcus Aldridge or Brook Lopez. Not Melo who can score as easily from the post as from just a few feet inside the three point line.

Escape Dribble Moves or Triple Threat Shot sucks. They take too many dribbles, animations are few, and are very predictable when you memorize the animation.

@DW - I can't see the images.

anastasis16 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I just found out that you assigned Dave Cowens as head coach of Brooklyn Nets, isn't it supposed to be PJ Carlesimo? Thx for the great roster patch!!! :D

It was a placeholder until I can change names. Only recently has Leftos released a Roster Editor that can change the coach CF IDs and portraits.

brettccameron wrote:There aren't many coaches with weird names you could easily change, either. I saw a few, but I don't think there was much variety in their ratings. Not enough for a whole roster anyway

Dave Cowens is one. There is no other player sharing that name. However, I think there are players that share "Dave" so I'll have to wait for REDitor.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby alwaysblack on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

MEDEVENX wat is the file number of your coach phil jackson?
alwaysblack

Postby DW0911 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 pm

I have fixed those links. :D
DW0911

Postby Medevenx on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm

alwaysblack wrote:MEDEVENX wat is the file number of your coach phil jackson?

5009, 5064, 5070, 5072, 5074, 5076 = They're all Phil Jackson.

DW0911 wrote:I have fixed those links. :D

Yeah saw them. Nice!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby alwaysblack on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 pm

thxx bro
alwaysblack

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Medevenx wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:What are Slimm's tendencies based on? I'm using 'per 36 minute' breakdowns for FG Att and 3PT Att for those, and distance % breakdowns at 82Games for the Inside/Close/Midrange ones. I fixed the Knicks, Nets, and Celtics, and am testing them all playing against one another. There's a really noticeable difference. Guys like Williams on Brooklyn had their shot tendency at 99 which caused them to shoot non-stop in-game, when that isn't their game. I'm using 'per 36 min' as the basis for my edits, with minor tweaks for players who have changed roles drastically, and rookies. If you're not interested, that's cool, and I guess I should ask, if I'm editing your 0.8 release, would it be possible for me to copy and paste them into your next release so that I don't lose my custom tendencies? Is it difficult? Would it present a problem?

Thanks. (Y)

Also, I found a pretty radical set of sliders at Operation Sports that play perfect with your roster. I wasn't a fan of the one you bundled with it, and tested a bunch of different settings before settling on this one. If you're interested I'd be happy to e-mail it to you to check out. It plays very different, but realistic, with very real stats.

Don't really know what he based it on but he's got some formulas and stuff for that. Might sending me a copy of your roster so I can playtest those 3 teams? Yeah pasting the tendencies will probably be easy for v0.8 to v0.9

Are you talking about MKHARSH's sliders? Yes they play well with my roster. Never tried it though. I think it has a different Game Speed or something which I object. Game Speed should always be set to 50 in my book.

Yes, MKHARSH's. They play incredibly with your roster, and I actually made the game speed 50, despite his setting of 55 (other people in his thread were saying they were doing the same, so I did, and it's awesome). Will PM you with a link to the roster shortly. Again, all I've done so far are shooting tendencies, but plan on coming up with more for other tendencies and possibly some ratings as well.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm

PM sent. Working on Philly now. Here's just one random small example... Evan Turner's Close Shot Tendency is a 99(!), when only 17% of his shots he actually takes are classified as Close Shots.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby DW0911 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 pm

After several games I played today, I guess it's fair to raise 3PT SUCCESS and CLOSE RANGE for 1 point each on USER and CPU under HoF.
DW0911

Postby brettccameron on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 am

I found Jim Lynam, Bernie Bickerstaff, Mike Wang, Matt Hamre, Andrew Marrinson, Ron Rothstein, Scott Layden, Stephen Silas, Paul Silas, Kaleb Canales, Joe Wolf, Phil Weber, Lester Conner, Darrell Walker, Mike Budenholzer, Nino Samuel.

Only a few of these guys could have their whole name changed and it not significantly hinder a different player.
brettccameron

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

Med, I actually modified the shoot tendencies for all players ID 1 through 410 (until Magic Johnson). So everybody on a normal NBA roster, unless there's CAPs hidden later in the roster (I imagine there are). Check the PM I'm about to send you for the fully updated roster, not just with 3 teams done. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 am

bigh0rt wrote:Med, I actually modified the shoot tendencies for all players ID 1 through 410 (until Magic Johnson). So everybody on a normal NBA roster, unless there's CAPs hidden later in the roster (I imagine there are). Check the PM I'm about to send you for the fully updated roster, not just with 3 teams done. (Y)

Sort the Editor by AssignedTo and the players on teams from 0 to 29 and that should give you a full list of all the players even the CAPs and Free Agent-signings. I'd like the roster when all of those extra players have been edited so I can playtest it and implement it in v0.9

brettccameron wrote:I found Jim Lynam, Bernie Bickerstaff, Mike Wang, Matt Hamre, Andrew Marrinson, Ron Rothstein, Scott Layden, Stephen Silas, Paul Silas, Kaleb Canales, Joe Wolf, Phil Weber, Lester Conner, Darrell Walker, Mike Budenholzer, Nino Samuel.

Only a few of these guys could have their whole name changed and it not significantly hinder a different player.

Well, the Walker one is definitely out lol. But I can only definitely use those that have both names available (first and last) like Bernie Bickerstaff. Where did you get those other names anyway?

I found here in this list two:

609 - Bill Cartwright
610 - Dave Cowens
611 - Brian HIll
612 - Dwane Casey
613 - Jim Lynam
614 - Bernie Bickerstaff
615 - Mark Jackson
616 - Tyrone Corbin
617 - Mike D'Antoni
618 - Patrick Ewing
619 - Don Nelson
725 - Mike Wang

Dwane Casey and Bernie Bickerstaff. That should suffice for Lindsey Hunter and PJ Carlesimo.

DW0911 wrote:After several games I played today, I guess it's fair to raise 3PT SUCCESS and CLOSE RANGE for 1 point each on USER and CPU under HoF.

I don't agree too much with these because I've hit many threes already.. Consider that the success of 3PT is very close with Mid and Close is low because of the up and under from anywhere on the court.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 am

Medevenx wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Med, I actually modified the shoot tendencies for all players ID 1 through 410 (until Magic Johnson). So everybody on a normal NBA roster, unless there's CAPs hidden later in the roster (I imagine there are). Check the PM I'm about to send you for the fully updated roster, not just with 3 teams done. (Y)

Sort the Editor by AssignedTo and the players on teams from 0 to 29 and that should give you a full list of all the players even the CAPs and Free Agent-signings. I'd like the roster when all of those extra players have been edited so I can playtest it and implement it in v0.9

Was able to figure out who was who based on sorting with AssignedTo, pairing the player #. Their name field is just blank in the roster, but the rest of their info is there, and their names show up in-game. At any rate, it's complete. All rosters have been completely done. Sending you a PM with fresh link now.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby brettccameron on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

I tested coach ID's 1-725.
brettccameron

Postby Phreezy P on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 am

Medevenx wrote:

brettccameron wrote:I found Jim Lynam, Bernie Bickerstaff, Mike Wang, Matt Hamre, Andrew Marrinson, Ron Rothstein, Scott Layden, Stephen Silas, Paul Silas, Kaleb Canales, Joe Wolf, Phil Weber, Lester Conner, Darrell Walker, Mike Budenholzer, Nino Samuel.

Well, the Walker one is definitely out lol. But I can only definitely use those that have both names available (first and last) like Bernie Bickerstaff. Where did you get those other names anyway?

I found here in this list two:

609 - Bill Cartwright
610 - Dave Cowens
611 - Brian HIll
612 - Dwane Casey
613 - Jim Lynam
614 - Bernie Bickerstaff
615 - Mark Jackson
616 - Tyrone Corbin
617 - Mike D'Antoni
618 - Patrick Ewing
619 - Don Nelson
725 - Mike Wang

Dwane Casey and Bernie Bickerstaff. That should suffice for Lindsey Hunter and PJ Carlesimo.

DW0911 wrote:After several games I played today, I guess it's fair to raise 3PT SUCCESS and CLOSE RANGE for 1 point each on USER and CPU under HoF.

I don't agree too much with these because I've hit many threes already.. Consider that the success of 3PT is very close with Mid and Close is low because of the up and under from anywhere on the court.

But isn't Dwane Casey the raptors coach? Or does the glitch only affect players.

And I agree with DW0911 with the 3pt.

I played a game with the Thunder (ME) Vs Nuggets, and both teams shot 1/20 and 1/24 respectively.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby jhoosouza on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 am

some prediction to release the new roster
jhoosouza

Postby alwaysblack on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 am

man its so cool to see all your hard work and the collaboration of others helping ....great job mod is excellent :applaud: :applaud:
alwaysblack

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 am

Med, can you shoot me the txt file you think is causing me to have some players' names not show up in the Names column in Roster Editor for me? CFNames.txt. I have no idea what I did, but no matter what I do the names won't show, so it's gotta be a problem with the .txt as you had said.

Also wondering if you'd be interested in me looking into the O-Reb and D-Reb ratings for all players, on a per-36 minute basis as well? I'll post my thoughts on a formula later.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 am

bigh0rt,

Could I ask you to maybe upload your Settings file with Mkharsh's sliders? Can't be arsed to type that shit in manually.
I'm currently using The Eccentric's sliders with this roster but they have become kinda easy for me. Which is weird, I've been going with Pro the last couple of years, now All-Star is getting too easy. Just wanna avoid switching to Superstar at the moment.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 am

Offensive Rebound Rating:
View 'per 36 minute' stats at Basketball-Reference.com (HERE).
Take a player's Offensive Rebound figure, multiply by 15, and that's his rating.
(e.g. Tyson Chandler - 4.9 OReb x 15 = 73.5 = 74 Off Reb rating, while Brendan Haywood - 4.0 OReb = 60 Off Reb rating).

Defensive Rebound Rating:
Take the player's Defensive Rebound figure, multiply by 10, and that's his rating.
(e.g. Marcus Camby - 8.7 DReb x 10 = 87 Def Reb rating, while Kendrick Perking - 6.4 DReb = 64 Def Reb rating).

Block Rating:
Take the player's Block figure, multiply by 30, and that's his rating. (There's one or two who would go over 100, just make them 99; they're statistical outliers).
(e.g. Serge Ibaka - 3.1 Blk x30 = 93 Block rating, while, Anthony Davis - 2.3 Blk = 69).

Steal Rating:
Take player's Steal figure, multiply by 36, and that's his rating. (There's one or two who would go over 100, just make them 99; they're statistical outliers).
(e.g. Mike Conley - 2.5 Stl x36 = 90 Stl Rating, while Brandon Jennings - 1.9 Stl = 68.4 = 68 or 69, whichever you'd prefer).

What these formulas do is try to take subjectivity out of the equation. No "Oh I think he's a better rebounder than you rated him, and he's definitely better than that guy!" The numbers don't lie. Camby, given the time he plays, is a significantly better defensive rebounder than Kendrick Perkins (for example). Once everybody's ratings are settled, you'll see if a minor tweak of the sliders is necessary to get the totals where you want them to be. At least the players will have the proper attributes to reflect their ability and production, though. If you're going for authentic ratings, these are them. Other ratings like Passing you can't look at a simple figure like Assists for because it doesn't encompass the entire rating, but for Rebounding and Blocks, it's really as simple as this. Being able to bring an aspect of the game and remove all the opinions and say here, these are how these players perform in this area, so say the numbers. If a player has been injured and only played a few games, the data won't be great, so use last year's #s if you'd need, or their college figures, which I can calculate, etc. but really for the vast majority of the league this works.

What's also nice about that B-R link is that you can sort by name and then literally just follow the list down Roster Editor relatively quickly. What do you think?
Last edited by bigh0rt on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby wikisaiyan on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 am

yeah I agree. I didnt raise CLOSE but 3PT I did b/c i missed wide open shots for no reason. :roll:
wikisaiyan

Postby Mr Tr0llz on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am

@Medevenx

You claim to have Slim44's Coach Profiles for All Current NBA but you don't. I just got done updating all the coaching profiles to slimm44 current coach profiles.

On your next release will you update them?
Mr Tr0llz Slider Project
Rosters Used Albys RR8 & Meds 1.1B All 30 NBA Teams Complete
Download Mr Tr0llz Slider Project
Mr Tr0llz

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 am

Wow, thanks for the info bigh0rt! Good stuff.
SunnyDove

Postby jedvillainy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

Great stuff! I was just wondering why on Leftos' Editor when I open up your roster, under the jerseys tab, does it say SixersH for everything? I just wanted to edited some accessory colors for the Lakers but I can't seem to do that. Help please?
jedvillainy

Postby SunnyDove on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

jedvillainy wrote:Great stuff! I was just wondering why on Leftos' Editor when I open up your roster, under the jerseys tab, does it say SixersH for everything? I just wanted to edited some accessory colors for the Lakers but I can't seem to do that. Help please?

Change the offsets to Nov10
SunnyDove

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding