Albys RR10.1 (update 11th november 2013) released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Albys Realistic Roster and gameplay 1.0 RELEASED!

Postby Albys on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 am

mufcrlz wrote:I'm a bit disappointed man you didn't edit the Team Colors and there is a lot of players that don't have their own accessories.I really hope you can edit the team colors and put the accurate accessories on the players on the next release.Because now I have to put them on and waste 30-40 minutes of my time.Btw you can see what accessories the players wear on NBA Facebook page and the Photo Gallery fron NBA.com.But other than that your roster is perfect !

Yes, these are secondary features because first focused on real overall players and coach profiles.
But surely in future release i will fix accessories and all team colors... for now i fixed only Sixers and Clippers red and blue, and improved white headband/accessories for Miami. :wink:
if you want to support my works (Realistic Roster and gameplay):
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby Rosque on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:21 am

Albys..Will we be able to copy/paste from your new rosters that come out to our Association ratings/accessories etc with Leftos Roster Editor?
Rosque

Postby akokulit on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 am

Albys please be kind and don't custom color the shoes on the future releases. Thank you.
NBPA CHARITY B-BALL LEAGUE

The most original idea in association stories history ever!
akokulit

Postby mlp111 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 am

Lebron james 99 again, man going to have to edit some players myself, lol! :cheeky:
mlp111

Postby mufcrlz on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 am

Albys wrote:
mufcrlz wrote:I'm a bit disappointed man you didn't edit the Team Colors and there is a lot of players that don't have their own accessories.I really hope you can edit the team colors and put the accurate accessories on the players on the next release.Because now I have to put them on and waste 30-40 minutes of my time.Btw you can see what accessories the players wear on NBA Facebook page and the Photo Gallery fron NBA.com.But other than that your roster is perfect !

Yes, these are secondary features because first focused on real overall players and coach profiles.
But surely in future release i will fix accessories and all team colors... for now i fixed only Sixers and Clippers red and blue, and improved white headband/accessories for Miami. :wink:

Okay man I'm glad to hear that (Y) If it's possible please fix them in the next release.And if you can please change the colors of the shoes that the players wear.
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. - Michael Jordan
My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.' - Tupac Shakur
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.Say there ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is it ain't no hope for tha future. - Tupac Shakur
mufcrlz

Postby Venoms on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 am

can u do a round neck for christmas jersey for the knicks....thanks :D
Venoms

Postby Albys on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 am

mlp111 wrote:Lebron james 99 again, man going to have to edit some players myself, lol! :cheeky:

Why?
Actually, Lebron James will need overall 100.... :P absolute monster... :cool: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
if you want to support my works (Realistic Roster and gameplay):
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby DavePL on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 am

Albys wrote:
mlp111 wrote:Lebron james 99 again, man going to have to edit some players myself, lol! :cheeky:

Why?
Actually, Lebron James will need overall 100.... :P absolute monster... :cool: :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Who's Lebron James? :wink:
DavePL

Postby Shots on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 am

Time to give 2K13 a chance I guess. Looking very much forward to trying this out!
Shots

Postby SunnyDove on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 am

Please fix Knicks accessory colors. I am a big fan of Tha King's knicks jerseys but they do nothing for the accessories.

Problem #1 Knicks "blue" in 2K13 is some sky blue ****. They primarily wear purple~ish blue calf sleeves (Melo)

Problem #2 Knicks "orange" is very dull and should be a bit more towards red-orange.

Problem #3 I would change Knicks away headband to orange because it looks good and they wear it with both black and orange sleeves.
SunnyDove

Postby Venoms on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 am

and the round neck for christmas jersey for the knicks :D
Venoms

Postby apollokid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 am

Thanks for including vannwolfhawks playbooks, looking forward to the remaining. :) This stuff is far more important than the color of socks and wristbands, never understood why this is so important to some guys.
apollokid

Postby mlp111 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 am

Albys wrote:

Why?

lol.... why isnt Durant a 99 then, guy is noticeably number 1 or #2 player in the nba, depends on who you ask, way more clutch that lebron.... but he isnt even rated a 96 in your roster.
mlp111

Postby mlp111 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 am

apollokid wrote:Thanks for including vannwolfhawks playbooks, looking forward to the remaining. :) This stuff is far more important than the color of socks and wristbands, never understood why this is so important to some guys.

because people like myself like the realism, has to look real also
mlp111

Postby apollokid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 am

mlp111 wrote:
apollokid wrote:Thanks for including vannwolfhawks playbooks, looking forward to the remaining. :) This stuff is far more important than the color of socks and wristbands, never understood why this is so important to some guys.

Yeah, I understand that, but the AI is completely useless without completely revamped playbooks and tendencies. Now I also edit accessories myself, but I think gameplay is much more important than headbands and stuff. But I see where you come from. Generic shoes suck.
apollokid

Postby mlp111 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 am

apollokid wrote:
mlp111 wrote:

Yeah, I understand that, but the AI is completely useless without completely revamped playbooks and tendencies. Now I also edit accessories myself, but I think gameplay is much more important than headbands and stuff. But I see where you come from. Generic shoes suck.

i agree bro.... but it doesnt matter how great the gameplay is, i even love this roster, none of the roster can fix the major issue i have with 2k13, which is the lack of defense, the game is trash at the moment until the patch hopefully fixes the issue, in which it didnt for consoles at the moment... albys and slimm roster are the best for me, and have amazing gameplay, but there is still no defense in the game....
mlp111

Postby nosakos on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 am

You have done a nice job but the game has become extremely easy ...the cpu plays horrible defence,really easy to penetrate and on top of that they now have really poor fg shooting percent.
2k addict!
nosakos

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

Not to mention, some rookies have no head and white arms on your roster Alby's. Pablo Prigioni on the Knicks and Daquan Jones of the Magic to name two. Also, the portraits are screwed up with pictures of "regular joes" instead of the real players.
Uncle Drew

Postby SC1211 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 am

Pistol wrote:Not to mention, some rookies have no head and white arms on your roster Alby's. Pablo Prigioni on the Knicks and Daquan Jones of the Magic to name two. Also, the portraits are screwed up with pictures of "regular joes" instead of the real players.

Couple of things:
1) If your CFs aren't showing up, download them. I'm using the Babyface art files (as well as some of my own CF selections) as a base. Obviously you should have noticed that there were no art files included, so any guys that he added your going to have to download separately (remember it's version 1)

2) You're probably using a portrait file from another roster. I had the same problem, but the default portrait file should work fine for you.

Great rosters Alby! I agree that the sliders make the game really easy, but maybe bumping up the difficulty or some tinkering will work better. The simmed stats/player progression are great for the most part in association though.

One thing I've noticed about a lot of rosters though for the future is almost everyone has Omer Asik's shot tendence a bit too low. He averages 5-6 points in simmed stats (virtually every other roster I've downloaded is much worse, averaging 2-3 points), I bumped up his shot tendency by 10 and it seems to be working better.

Thanks for all of your hard work!
SC1211

Postby SC1211 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 am

mlp111 wrote:
Albys wrote:

Why?

lol.... why isnt Durant a 99 then, guy is noticeably number 1 or #2 player in the nba, depends on who you ask, way more clutch that lebron.... but he isnt even rated a 96 in your roster.

Not wanting to start a full-fledged debate here, but Alby's ratings of LeBron and Durant are fully defensible. If you truly feel differently you can edit them. I think it's reasonable to say LeBron is a 99, and it's also reasonable to say the gap between the number 1 and 2 players in the league is very large.
SC1211

Postby aznangelx14 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 am

great job on the roster ratings alby!!!!

did a couple test run with your settings on hof and noticed a couple of stuff that needs to be addressed. first is the inside scoring, the up and under thing is crazy...cpu and me can score at will and needs to be toned down. second is the three point shooting...a couple of times cpu will knock down threes in front of people faces...personally i want to feel the defense working whether i'm on the offensive or defensive end (i'm a defense type guy)..if you could fix the defense up like in your nba 2k11 days, this game will be pure GOLD (Y)

keep up the good work alby :applaud:
aznangelx14

Postby BZ on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 am

Albys, solid work on the roster thus far, I've always been a fan of your work. However, as a Rockets fan, there needs to be some adjustments to signature skills, ratings and signatures. In terms of signature shots, I'm basing this on my consistent exposure to Rockets games via my League Pass subscription this year. If you ever need a specific player's signature shot/free throw, please feel free to PM and me, and I'll go back to the League Pass archives for research. Below are my suggestions for the Rockets.

Ratings
Jeremy Lin
Ratings: His shooting has been disastrous this season thus far. I'd put his Mid range and 3pt ratings lower.
Signature: Base = Jump Shot 40 / Release = Release 50 / Free Throw = R.Stuckey

James Harden
Tendencies: Might want to increase his eurostep tendencies a bit...he eurosteps A LOT
Signature: Free Throw = A.Iguodala / Layup = M.Ginobili / Dunk = Back Scratchers off One

Omer Asik
Ratings: Asik's stamina should be lower...80 tops. Additionally, his rebounding ratings should be higher in compensation. He's consistenty been grabbing 7-9 rebounds before halftime, and the only reason stopping him from grabbing more is due to stamina issues. His rebounding numbers are noticeably lower in the 2nd and 4th quarter
Signature: Free Throw: M.Dunleavy
Signature Skills: Aside from Brick Wall, Bruiser and Scrapper should be added.

Carlos Delfino
Tendencies: He's quite the 3pt shot-jacker... unafraid to throw up 3pt shots regardless if he's hot or cold.
Signature: Base = J.Stockton / Release = Release 47

Chandler Parsons
Ratings: Parsons on ball defense ratings and defensive awareness is criminally low. He's definitely a better man to man and team defender than Harden, and Harden's numbers are higher than his.
Signature: Base = K.Bryant / Release 57

Greg Smith
Signature: Free Throw = Pitbull (He doesn't do the back scratch at the start, but the rest of the free throw animation is spot on)

Toney Douglas
Ratings: Aside from his performance against the Lakers (definitely an anomaly), he's been terrible this season. His shooting is consistently inconsistent. On ball defense is spotty, in which he just gives a lot of hustle.
Signature: Base = Jump Shot 30 / Release = B.Laimbeer

Marcus Morris
Signature : Base = Boozer / Release = Iguodala

And there you go, my suggestions. If you find it helpful, let me know with some feedback and I'll try to add more observations in the future once I start catching up on some games on League Pass. :D
BZ

Postby apollokid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 am

nosakos wrote:You have done a nice job but the game has become extremely easy ...the cpu plays horrible defence,really easy to penetrate and on top of that they now have really poor fg shooting percent.

Not Albys fault, 2k has essentially decided to release some kind of NBA Jam with 5 on 5 games and an association mode. It's geared towards kids mostly, there isn't much we can do about it.
apollokid

Postby Medevenx on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:40 am

apollokid wrote:
nosakos wrote:You have done a nice job but the game has become extremely easy ...the cpu plays horrible defence,really easy to penetrate and on top of that they now have really poor fg shooting percent.

Not Albys fault, 2k has essentially decided to release some kind of NBA Jam with 5 on 5 games and an association mode. It's geared towards kids mostly, there isn't much we can do about it.

You can ALWAYS set the sliders. If the cpu plays horrible defense you can up the On-Ball Defense or the Defensive Awareness.

I was playing against the Lakers and Metta received a fast break pass and pulled up for a DRIFTING transition three and it went in. The next possession I went to shoot with Carmelo behind the line and it went in too. It was too easy and I didn't even realize that it was User Shot Stick Timing.

Also, don't adjust the Game Speed. Game Speed is not the speed of the motion of players but the speed of time itself. 100 Game Speed is almost half a second per second while 0 Game Speed is almost two seconds per second. Always have this to 50 because it will mess with your sense of time. The game you played might have been a couple of seconds (or minutes) longer than it should actually take and you wouldn't even realize it.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby apollokid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Medevenx wrote:You can ALWAYS set the sliders. If the cpu plays horrible defense you can up the On-Ball Defense or the Defensive Awareness.

I was playing against the Lakers and Metta received a fast break pass and pulled up for a DRIFTING transition three and it went in. The next possession I went to shoot with Carmelo behind the line and it went in too. It was too easy and I didn't even realize that it was User Shot Stick Timing.

Also, don't adjust the Game Speed. Game Speed is not the speed of the motion of players but the speed of time itself. 100 Game Speed is almost half a second per second while 0 Game Speed is almost two seconds per second. Always have this to 50 because it will mess with your sense of time. The game you played might have been a couple of seconds (or minutes) longer than it should actually take and you wouldn't even realize it.

The problem with sliders is that you can't change the core mechanics of the game. So no matter what you set on ball defense to, the game simply lacks any influence of momentum and player positioning on defending the ball handler.
You can spam moves as much as you want and bump into defenders repeatedly until you get past them, and that's intended as far as I'm concerned.
And I understand that since if the game would work like real basketball, many gamers would be bored with that, so 2k is doing the smart thing.

But since sliders is all we've got...I think ball handling has to be lowered considerably, I'd like it at 0, but the AI is too passive that way, so around 25-35 is a good compromise.
Also I'm testing defensive pressure settings right now and it almost seems like it works better with values <50.
I'm still trying this but with the AI defensive pressure set to 1 and adjusted individual matchups (simply switch to the 'constant pressure' preset), I like on ball defense almost better than with really high values.
The reason is that if you have defensive pressure set very high, the defender is so close to you that driving becomes too easy. Now I know everyone plays the game different, but it works for me.
It makes almost no sense, but I feel like low pressure combined with setting individual defense for the CPU works better. There will never be a videogame without exploits, so I just want the game to look somewhat like real basketball. An low pressure looks more real to me because the speed of closing out shooters is too high for me with high pressure settings.
apollokid

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding