[Tool] Keep My Mod

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Keep My Mod

Postby rookieboy2012 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:17 am

should i install this mod in the 2K13 game folder????
if I wants to use my NY home&away jersey ~i should press "force keep my mods"before i play the gmae or not ???
rookieboy2012

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 am

Install the jerseys in your game folder. Go to Online Data Browser, select the according files and select Keep Mods. Then right before the game (where you select jerseys), click Force Keep My Mods, and right before going out of the game and to the menus (Game Summary), click on Restore Online Data Backup.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buddaking on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 am

sir..your keep my mood tool does not work at all..there a issuse with the knicks dark blue jersey...i put the jersey files in main folder and online data..then i select which mods i want to keep..once all say and done...i use force keep my mods..once i enter the game..2k still update there own data over your keep my mod program..it the same thing for the scoreboard..any soloution to why it does that?
buddaking

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:14 am

Why are you putting the jerseys in the Online Data folder? Any files that the game finds there which don't match its checksums will force it to delete the Online Data folder and redownload everything. Put your mods only in the main game folder, let it sync its Online Data, then Force Keep My Mods before entering the game.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buddaking on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 am

Leftos wrote:Why are you putting the jerseys in the Online Data folder? Any files that the game finds there which don't match its checksums will force it to delete the Online Data folder and redownload everything. Put your mods only in the main game folder, let it sync its Online Data, then Force Keep My Mods before entering the game.

oh okay..i will try doing it that way..how about the scoreboard such as espn or nba tv..does it work with your keep my mod tool or do i manually have to put the scoreboard in both 2k main folder and online on my own and not use the keep my mod tool..dude to the fact that 2k finds something that does not belong there
buddaking

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:33 am

Same instructions apply to any mod that has been replaced by a 2K update.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buddaking on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 am

Leftos wrote:Same instructions apply to any mod that has been replaced by a 2K update.

okay! thank you for the information.
buddaking

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am

Shortest Tutorial EVER

1. Start NBA 2K13, do your thing until you reach jersey and side selection.
2. Start Keep My Mod, go to Online Data Browser, make sure the files you want to keep modded are in the 3rd column named "Content Updated but Kept Modded". If not, select them from the 2nd column and click Replace With Mod. Save & Return.
3. Click on Force Keep My Mods.
4. Play the game.
5. When you're in Game Summary or just ready to quit the game, go to Keep My Mod, click Restore Online Data Backup.
6. You can now quit back to the main menu.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 am

phpBB [video]

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rookieboy2012 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 pm

THANK U~ Leftos ~U make this video ~Thanks again!!
:bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
rookieboy2012

Postby harold01 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 am

why i can't open the tool?
harold01

Postby Leftos on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 am

What error are you getting?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby harold01 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 am

problem solved bro! thanks for this :)
harold01

Postby Phreezy P on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm

What did the update do?
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby agame2323 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm getting an error that says "NBA 2K Keep My Mod has encountered a critical error and will be terminated"
agame2323

Postby Leftos on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

AirAaron32, you can always take a look at the Changelog.txt file that's in the application's folder and find out. In any case, just some minor bugs here and there. Nothing major.

agame2323, if it gives you an error report, I'll need it. That doesn't tell me much.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RavenWings on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 am

I keep getting this error every time I try launching the application. Thanx for the help in advance.

Code: Select all
Additional: MainWindow InitializeComponent

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\Resources\NLSC.ico'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.SiteOfOriginPart.HandleFileSource(Boolean onlyNeedContentType)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.SiteOfOriginPart.GetStreamAndSetContentType(Boolean onlyNeedContentType)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.SiteOfOriginPart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackWebResponse.CachedResponse.GetResponseStream()
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackWebResponse.GetResponseStream()
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackWebResponse.get_ContentType()
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy)
   at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension.ProvideValue(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(MarkupExtension me, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow.InitializeComponent() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml:line 1
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow..ctor() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 79

Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\Resources\NLSC.ico'.

RavenWings

Postby 29sPaLe on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:54 am

@RavenWings You need to put nlsc.ico file in resources dir becase is missing.You can find it in roster editor.
29sPaLe

Postby Leftos on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 am

Tried to fix that issue. Please download the latest installer and try again.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RavenWings on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 am

Thanx a lot guys!!
RavenWings

Postby DJCnerds on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Code: Select all
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'downloads.mnf' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow.copyFolder(String srcDir, String destDir) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 858
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow.restoreOnlineData(Boolean onBoot, Boolean onGameStart) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1122
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow.keepMods() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 739
   at NBA_2K13_Keep_My_Mod.MainWindow.btnForceKeep_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1029
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

12:12:05 AM - All watchers disabled!
12:12:05 AM - Failed to update downloads.mnf.
12:12:05 AM - Exception thrown in UpdateMNF: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\shoe_1546_00.iff' is denied.
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1222_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1221_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1220_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1216_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1215_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1203_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept shoe_1202_00.iff
12:12:05 AM - Kept newscorebug.iff
12:12:05 AM - Overwriting conflicting updates with mods...
12:12:05 AM - Checking for changes in 2K's updates...
12:12:05 AM - Keeping backup of current Online Data...
12:12:05 AM - All watchers disabled!
12:12:05 AM - 12 unique game files parsed, 12 to be kept modded, 0 to be replaced by 2K's updates, 0 ignored because they haven't been updated by 2K.
12:12:05 AM - Parsing allowed 2K updates (AllowUpdates.modlist)...
12:12:05 AM - Parsing C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\KeepMyMods\KeepMyMods.modlist...
12:12:05 AM - Found 2 modlists.
12:12:03 AM - All watchers enabled!
12:12:03 AM - No original Online Data backup found. Online Data should be the original.
12:12:03 AM - All watchers disabled!
12:12:03 AM - Game isn't running.
12:12:03 AM - 12 unique game files parsed, 12 to be kept modded, 0 to be replaced by 2K's updates, 0 ignored because they haven't been updated by 2K.
12:12:03 AM - Parsing allowed 2K updates (AllowUpdates.modlist)...
12:12:03 AM - Parsing C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\KeepMyMods\KeepMyMods.modlist...
12:12:03 AM - Found 2 modlists.
12:12:03 AM - Online Data Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\Online Data\
12:12:03 AM - Cache Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\Cache\
12:12:03 AM - Saves Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\Saves\
12:12:03 AM - Saves Root Path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\
12:12:03 AM - KeepMyMods Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\KeepMyMods\
12:12:03 AM - Installation Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\
12:12:03 AM - Detected Paths
12:12:03 AM - NBA 2K13 Keep My Mod - version 0.1.0.4

Problem that I have plz helpp!
DJCnerds

Postby Leftos on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Does that keep happening, or did it just happen once? It seems to me like you tried to force your mods while the game was updating its Online Data, and that's why this happened. Let it rest on the Main Menu for a few minutes and try again.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DJCnerds on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:35 am

it happens all the time, even when the game starts and I to the main menu (alt+tab) that error message appears "encountered..."
DJCnerds

Postby DJCnerds on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 am

I also can't save my online data browser..
DJCnerds

Postby Leftos on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 am

DJCnerds, start Keep My Mod while 2K13 isn't running. Click on Restore Online Data Backup, Restore Custom Rosters, Restore Original Roster Backup. Close it. Start 2K13, let it rest on the Main Menu while it's syncing the Online Data from the server. Give it 5-10 minutes (may take more depending on your connection). Then, fire up Keep My Mod, and follow the usual instructions.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding