Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial !

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RLSD + Year Four PRV (6)

Postby dare on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 am

pierralban, maybe you can look around NBA 2k12 threads especially those on the REDitor. I think they have a list of names that can be called. I'm not quite sure though.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Bobis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:15 am

I'm pretty sure you can check out the names that will get said by commentators with any 2k12 roster file and REDitor from last year. There's barely any changes to them every year they just add the rookie names I believe.
Bobis

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 am

RtXaS wrote:I'm pretty sure you can check out the names that will get said by commentators with any 2k12 roster file and REDitor from last year. There's barely any changes to them every year they just add the rookie names I believe.

Can't get it to work, says i don't got the proper authorization...
pierralban

Postby Bobis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 am

Well that's odd. Are you sure you used the 2k12 REDitor and opened a 2k12 Roster?
Bobis

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RLSD + Year Four PRV (10)

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 am

3 new players included !
pierralban

Postby elistheelis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Hello, is your draft class for association only? or it will also change myplayer's next year's draft class thanks and great work. :applaud:
elistheelis

Postby Nick on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 pm

You're a machine! Nice work.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby nip83 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 am

pierralban you're the man...(it rhymes :) )

I wanna thank you so much for the draft classes.You really have ruined my association play because i got a habit to scout your draft class with different teams ,simulate games,and try out every prospect.And you know what? Each season there's a different story in offseason.Guys like Goodson and Overton might go later into the top five,i've seen teams pick Andy Reid or Storey(lol) no1 overall ,or Lance Ruffin(great name btw!!) go into top 5.It has added controversy,interest and conspiracy theories into the offseason.

If you still haven't scouted the first year please stop here...

*Draft Class year one spoiler alert*

What i love most about your prospects is that they have personality and flaws.It's a big change to the auto generated "top stud or useless" strategy.I have a lot of experience with year one and a liitle bit with year two...

-Mel Goodson is a very needed addition.7 footer with footwork and the lost art of the hookshot.But he looks passive sometimes on the boards or indifferent.He has all the tools to be a lengthy nightmare on D but he is always cool despite his beastly strength.

-Andy Reid .Nba ready defender,paint protector,rebounder ,athletic beast.I've seen teams prefer him over Goodson although he is limited offensively ,cause he has the potential to be an all-nba defensive guy.Untap his potential into the offseason(if you got the reward points) and you could start looking at a young Dwight v 2.0.

-DeShawn Overton is a high volume low efficiency chucker.Yup he loves to take the ball ,walk it upcourt and just jack up shots.I love how he rarely is useful without the ball and is much like a black hole where the ball gets lost in that Melo nebula of ball hogging.And defense?He doesn't really care.

-I once drafted Von Bell at the 8th spot and got dissapointed.But hold on till second or third year and he is a point guard that can adapt to any offense.

-Jermaine Lee.I love this guy .6'11'' wing with tremendous potential,super athletic,handles like a smaller player.Yet at that wingspan he just gets burned on D,no shot at all the opponents play him 10 ft away lol!!But if you are patient and give him minutes he's gonna look like a steal next year(he usually ends up from 12 to 18 spot) although he still looks lost without the ball.

-Pearson,Conway are the opposite.Very nba ready ,serviceable guys.Smart without the ball,good shooters but they cannot be the "guy" in any team.Still they can adapt to any system ,be the ultimate glue guys.

-I dont have much experience with the "Duncan-for-the-poor" like PF(can't remember his name) but he always ends up in the top 3-4 so i might try him once just for fun.

*Spoiler End*

One minor thing i see with your classes has to do with tendencies.Have you edited the tendencies yourself?Cause it's ok for guys like Overton or Lee to have mixed tendencies(although iso and post up should be upped) but guys like Conway or Pearson should spot up more or come offscreens.And i've yet to see a PG with some flashy passing tendency or a higher use screen tendency.One question :do tendencies change as years go by or they stay in the same spectrum?

All in all,this is brilliant work and i totally enjoy it.
nip83

Postby xperiaaa on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 am

Sir can you send the download link of the 3DM MOD Tool?
xperiaaa

Postby pierralban on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 am

nip83 wrote:pierralban you're the man...(it rhymes :) )

I wanna thank you so much for the draft classes.You really have ruined my association play because i got a habit to scout your draft class with different teams ,simulate games,and try out every prospect.And you know what? Each season there's a different story in offseason.Guys like Goodson and Overton might go later into the top five,i've seen teams pick Andy Reid or Storey(lol) no1 overall ,or Lance Ruffin(great name btw!!) go into top 5.It has added controversy,interest and conspiracy theories into the offseason.

If you still haven't scouted the first year please stop here...

*Draft Class year one spoiler alert*

What i love most about your prospects is that they have personality and flaws.It's a big change to the auto generated "top stud or useless" strategy.I have a lot of experience with year one and a liitle bit with year two...

-Mel Goodson is a very needed addition.7 footer with footwork and the lost art of the hookshot.But he looks passive sometimes on the boards or indifferent.He has all the tools to be a lengthy nightmare on D but he is always cool despite his beastly strength.

-Andy Reid .Nba ready defender,paint protector,rebounder ,athletic beast.I've seen teams prefer him over Goodson although he is limited offensively ,cause he has the potential to be an all-nba defensive guy.Untap his potential into the offseason(if you got the reward points) and you could start looking at a young Dwight v 2.0.

-DeShawn Overton is a high volume low efficiency chucker.Yup he loves to take the ball ,walk it upcourt and just jack up shots.I love how he rarely is useful without the ball and is much like a black hole where the ball gets lost in that Melo nebula of ball hogging.And defense?He doesn't really care.

-I once drafted Von Bell at the 8th spot and got dissapointed.But hold on till second or third year and he is a point guard that can adapt to any offense.

-Jermaine Lee.I love this guy .6'11'' wing with tremendous potential,super athletic,handles like a smaller player.Yet at that wingspan he just gets burned on D,no shot at all the opponents play him 10 ft away lol!!But if you are patient and give him minutes he's gonna look like a steal next year(he usually ends up from 12 to 18 spot) although he still looks lost without the ball.

-Pearson,Conway are the opposite.Very nba ready ,serviceable guys.Smart without the ball,good shooters but they cannot be the "guy" in any team.Still they can adapt to any system ,be the ultimate glue guys.

-I dont have much experience with the "Duncan-for-the-poor" like PF(can't remember his name) but he always ends up in the top 3-4 so i might try him once just for fun.

*Spoiler End*

One minor thing i see with your classes has to do with tendencies.Have you edited the tendencies yourself?Cause it's ok for guys like Overton or Lee to have mixed tendencies(although iso and post up should be upped) but guys like Conway or Pearson should spot up more or come offscreens.And i've yet to see a PG with some flashy passing tendency or a higher use screen tendency.One question :do tendencies change as years go by or they stay in the same spectrum?

All in all,this is brilliant work and i totally enjoy it.

BRILLIANT POST, need more of those to keep me want to continue ! Loved it, what about same thing for year two ? I'm improving year one following your feedbacks.

Got some delay due to girlfriend problems, spending my time cooking for her and buying flowers ^^
Right now i'm focused on improving YEAR ONE, then i'll finish YEAR FOUR, and then start improving all of them before going for a fifth year.

But don't worry, i'm on it !
pierralban

Postby Scholz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

nip83 wrote:

I'm loving Jermaine Lee. I drafted him 12th overall in my Hornets franchise. His first year I brought him off the bench and his ability to get hot quickly was awesome. His dunks are insane too. Spend some training camp points on his perimeter shooting and you got a superstar in the making. His length also gets him quite a few blocks (Y)
Scholz

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 am

Updating Year One as I said. Here is the preview, wanted more late picks to have cyberfaces.

And still working on Year Four, some new faces on preview and probably more coming tonight. Here is the updated preview.

pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year One update and Year Four Previe

Postby Scholz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 am

Keep up the good work! :bowdown:
Scholz

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

Guess i'm done on the CFs for this one. Need to do the generic players now and add cyberfaces to Year Two and Year Three. Will release soon.
If anyone could send me fictional cf, it'd be cool. Someone already gave some to me, but the more the better.
And what do you think of those new faces ?
pierralban

Postby intruda on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Dont want to come off wrong but why are most of these guys so black. Maybe its my seanjohn mods or something but majority need to be a shade or 2 lighter.
intruda

Postby Eirsej on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Can I still use the year One draft class even if I already incorporated them in my assoc? I wanted to use your updated Year One but I already selected that class for the next draft.
Eirsej

Postby Leftos on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 pm

pierralban, any chance you'll give us a list of names and CF IDs so that I can add CFs to the players that didn't have one in one of your previous Year One classes? I, too, have already used an older Year One in my Association.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dual on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 pm

so good m8, thx!!
Dual

Postby nip83 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 am

pierralban wrote:
BRILLIANT POST, need more of those to keep me want to continue ! Loved it, what about same thing for year two ? I'm improving year one following your feedbacks.

Got some delay due to girlfriend problems, spending my time cooking for her and buying flowers ^^
Right now i'm focused on improving YEAR ONE, then i'll finish YEAR FOUR, and then start improving all of them before going for a fifth year.

Thanx mate ,looking forward for year 4.I could do a detailed scouting report for year two also.The thing is i've scouted your second year quite a bit, but haven't played any games with or against the top players yet (guys like robinson ,rodgers etc.) so give me a week or so for more accurate analysis.

Have fun with your girlfriend ,mine probably hates me cause i'm splitting time between work,her and the association(i just hope she doesn't find out... lol).
What kind of things have you updated for year one? Attributes wise ,tendencies or only cyberfaces? I still can't figure out if tendencies change from year to year(although i've seen that big men have increased their 3pt shot tendency).I really wish we could import draft classes to associations already started, but i don't think it's doable(except if there is some tool out there).

Keep up the good work sir.Now i'm off to find a way to fit Overton in any kind of offense.
nip83

Postby GRIMPROGAMING on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 am

These CF's are pretty good. I might have to use these in my association series. Great job.
GRIMPROGAMING

Postby Leftos on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 am

nip83 wrote:
pierralban wrote:

Thanx mate ,looking forward for year 4.I could do a detailed scouting report for year two also.The thing is i've scouted your second year quite a bit, but haven't played any games with or against the top players yet (guys like robinson ,rodgers etc.) so give me a week or so for more accurate analysis.

Have fun with your girlfriend ,mine probably hates me cause i'm splitting time between work,her and the association(i just hope she doesn't find out... lol).
What kind of things have you updated for year one? Attributes wise ,tendencies or only cyberfaces? I still can't figure out if tendencies change from year to year(although i've seen that big men have increased their 3pt shot tendency).I really wish we could import draft classes to associations already started, but i don't think it's doable(except if there is some tool out there).

Keep up the good work sir.Now i'm off to find a way to fit Overton in any kind of offense.

Updating players of a draft class already in an Association with the ratings and everything else from a draft class file will be doable once REDitor is released and I update Roster Merge. Did it last year to update HAWK23's 2012-2013 rookies with the attributes from Nick's '12 real draft class.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby comeback on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I recently drafted Lucious Storey based on my team needs.... it was a lot of fun going through my scout's reports and making the final decision on the draft day. I was completely torn between Story and Andrew Reid.

But sadly, I need to restart my association because I just added vannhawkwolf's playbook edits to my roster. I played some NBA today matches with these edit and the game is so much better. I just don't have courage to make edits again in my association roster hence the restart...

Maybe I will wait for the next version of Draft Year One. Thanks always for your awesome classes. I'm having a truly amazing time with them.
comeback

Postby Nenhoz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 am

Love your work. (Y)
Nenhoz

Postby pierralban on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 am

intruda wrote:Dont want to come off wrong but why are most of these guys so black. Maybe its my seanjohn mods or something but majority need to be a shade or 2 lighter.

Doesn't do that to me, really don't know.

Leftos wrote:pierralban, any chance you'll give us a list of names and CF IDs so that I can add CFs to the players that didn't have one in one of your previous Year One classes? I, too, have already used an older Year One in my Association.

Will do, whenever i got time, probably on monday, found a new job, i prefer to do cyberfaces after work and the more boring things on week end ;)

Dual wrote:so good m8, thx!!

Glad you like it.

nip83 wrote:
pierralban wrote:

Yeah, i really liked your detailed scouting report, it helps me tweak ratings and tendencies, plus it's just cool to have feedbacks on my babies ^^
I updated attributes and tendencies, plus cyberfaces. Don't know if tendencies change from year to year though.
I love Overton ;)

GRIMPROGAMING wrote:These CF's are pretty good. I might have to use these in my association series. Great job.

Thanks a lot mate.

comeback wrote:I recently drafted Lucious Storey based on my team needs.... it was a lot of fun going through my scout's reports and making the final decision on the draft day. I was completely torn between Story and Andrew Reid.

But sadly, I need to restart my association because I just added vannhawkwolf's playbook edits to my roster. I played some NBA today matches with these edit and the game is so much better. I just don't have courage to make edits again in my association roster hence the restart...

Maybe I will wait for the next version of Draft Year One. Thanks always for your awesome classes. I'm having a truly amazing time with them.

Cool, more to come soon.

Nenhoz wrote:Love your work. (Y)

:D

And now a question, is it possible to edit player shoes on draft class ?
pierralban

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Checked out your year 3 draft class and it seems legit. Good work.... as of right now I'm in the middle of a season and can only scout players
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding