[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 am

Well, I'll wait until someone provides a cleaned up list before including the feature in the tool and also the list with the release.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jerkyjeck on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 am

JaoSming wrote:jerkyjeck, disappoints me :|

http://www.mediafire.com/?1o3dd14g312aow4

Jrue, all Accessories, No Accessories.
Every other value is a color (or headband logo position).

With no gear the color is white (0 in REDitor iirc), with gear the color is Team Color 2 (White, Black, Team Color 1, Team Color 2)

Apologies mate! I wasn't able to check Leftos' reply. In addition to that, I'm unable to log in when I'm in a particular area.It says there's a permanent ban on my IP but I'm not doing anything wrong. (Sorry wrong thread) But that's the reason. :(

BTW, nice update Leftos!
JerkyJeck: Neo-Genesis Since 2K1
Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jerkyjeck
jerkyjeck

Postby KwiLL23 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 am

Code: Select all
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.btnSavePlayers_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1586
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

Live life on your terms!
KwiLL23

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 am

It would help if you provided me with some context. What roster/save did you open? What did you change before saving? What profile were you using? etc.

Issue seems to be with the shoe color values. Tool can't save them. Did you edit them?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KwiLL23 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 am

Leftos wrote:It would help if you provided me with some context. What roster/save did you open? What did you change before saving? What profile were you using? etc.

Issue seems to be with the shoe color values. Tool can't save them. Did you edit them?

I was using VTCRB's and HyperBaller's roster. I tried to get the accessories from HyperBaller's roster and put them into VTCRB's roster. I changed the accessories before saving. I changed players' shoes, but I didn't edit the shoe colors, if that's what you're asking.
Live life on your terms!
KwiLL23

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 am

Well, the error report you gave me is pointing to the code that saves the shoe colors. Can you check their values before you click Save and see if something weird is going on there?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KwiLL23 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 am

Leftos wrote:Well, the error report you gave me is pointing to the code that saves the shoe colors. Can you check their values before you click Save and see if something weird is going on there?

It was something weird. I got it to work though, what I had to do was just copy and paste the shoe colors from roster to roster and then copy and paste the accessories and it had saved without a problem. Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
Live life on your terms!
KwiLL23

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 am

:oops: sowwy
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Laker06 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Leftos just curious with this tab, the clothes tab,

If the suit and street clothes can be worn on both blacktop and regular game modes. Is it also possible if you create one where the team jerseys be disabled during regular game modes? and have this kind of results like in blacktop mode :)
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:04 pm

it is not possible to bring the different blacktop uniforms to the main game. If you could I would hope 2K would do it for the rookie game
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kenneth03 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Good day!!! how do you put player from hidden to free agent? please help...
kenneth03

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 pm

add their player ID to the free agents "team" on the teams tab. Save the teams tab.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kenneth03 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am

i did that jaosming but arenas, oden, fernandez did not appear on my free agent.,..
kenneth03

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 am

change playertype too

i did a video tutorial of this too, if you check the tutorials stickie I made (or hit learn in my signature) unlocking hidden players is the name
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jerrygildner on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am

Just curious leftos iv been a way from the game a while Iv seen alot of progress on the great editor so i checked it out and i see 360 editing in still enabled does it save it back correctly as a .con file last time i checked it would work correctly thx in advance
jerrygildner

Postby Teodosic11 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 am

Is it possible to create players in Roster Editor??
KK Crvena Zvezda Telekom...
Teodosic11

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 am

no, it is not. You can "unlock" players for use, but creating full players wont work since not all the parameters are decoded
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Teodosic11 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 am

ok man, one question, is there any way to change the name of the player, I made too many players, and I'm not allowed anymore???
KK Crvena Zvezda Telekom...
Teodosic11

Postby menten on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 am

Teodosic11 wrote:ok man, one question, is there any way to change the name of the player, I made too many players, and I'm not allowed anymore???

change PlType of the player with the roster editor to 6, then you can edit the player name ingame
menten

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 pm

menten wrote:
Teodosic11 wrote:ok man, one question, is there any way to change the name of the player, I made too many players, and I'm not allowed anymore???

change PlType of the player with the roster editor to 6, then you can edit the player name ingame

which may or may not screw things up in-game.

no good proper way to edit names until the REDitor comes out
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby brettccameron on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Leftos wrote:v0.18.1 released!

- Added CFID, PortaitID to Staff tab
- Fixed sorting by HeadCoachOf* in Staff tab

To find the Staff tab offset, search for 7e013bf0 and subtract 7 from the bytes. For example, if you get 991138 +6, enter 991131 +6.

Thanks Leftos! Great job man.
brettccameron

Postby Jhiane on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 pm

how to edit the shoe colors?
Jhiane
Spot Up Shooter
Contributor

Postby kenneth03 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 pm

jaosming can you send me a link for the tutorial tnx!
kenneth03

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 am

kenneth03 wrote:Good day!!! how do you put player from hidden to free agent? please help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiWEra8QpKU
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DarkZeero on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

Sir, can keep my mod or jgsme still work on nba 2k13? I would like to have a player with a different shoe for home and away. If it does work, please tell me where can I see a tutorial on how to make it work and where can I download those tools. Many many Thanx....
DARKZEERO
DarkZeero

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding