[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

well.....I guess its aboot time I redid the street mod.....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Gtadark on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,
I just downloaded your awesome programm (great work btw) and i was wondering if it was prossible to transfer a player from a team to another in the "My Carrier" mode.

Thank you so much.
Gtadark

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks again Leftos

I got an error when opening the default roster as follows.

GID with decimal value 7600 isn't in the Roster Editors database. The jersey table will have to stop at ID 403.

Please contact......................

I did not get an error log and closed Roster Editor, it did not crash after I hit the OK button. When I opened it again I did not get any error. Maybe just a one time glitch.

Edit
Eaglerock562 You are correct, mine was switched as well, fixed now. Thanks for the heads up. I must admit I have not checked every one of the first 300 player ID's yet. I copied it from the public google docs page back before it got changed a few times with the new roster but everything after the main roster players has been checked, I'm not saying there can't be more errors in it still. :)

Edit 2
New fixed "Names" Thanks to Eaglerock562
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DukeW74

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

DukeW74, it's not an error. The tool is programmed to stop reading the jersey table once it encounters a byte sequence in the GID offset that it doesn't recognize (which most probably happens after it's reached the end of the jersey table), so it's normal for that message to show up the first time, or any time that you set a LastJerseyID that's larger than the last jersey in the roster you're editing. It's not an error then per se, just a warning, or an informative message if you'd like.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 am

Amazing Jerseys ID Leftos! Wow....

But i have a problem...

Your tools show a 8 digits colors... the real code for colors are 6 digits...

In your editor, i put Heat Alternate with BLACK COLOR (#FF000304)...

But this code in Photoshop is RED! Ingame, colors apears RED....and not black like your tools showing.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am

It's ARGB, not just RGB. The first 2 digits are the alpha value, which means how transparent is the color. Double-click on a color cell and you'll understand more.

You're used to RGB, which is 6 digits. 2 first are the Red byte, 2 second are the Green byte, 2 third are the Blue byte. ARGB has 2 more bytes in front denoting the transparency. FF is completely solid, 00 is completely transparent, 7F would be semi-transparent.

That's how it is in the binary information in the roster.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby intruda on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 am

Alrighty leftos, was trying not to bother you with noob stuff but I do not know what I am doing.

Im trying to change accessory colors to white/home and black/away, like arm sleeves and knee pads. So after about an hr of playing with your program, I got this below. (i think its progress lol)

opps, looks like imageshack is down for the moment. But ultimately I ended up with pink headbands(lebron) and pink/lime green dwade shoes. MIA was my testing team, all i did so far was change MIA Home coloumn to white. The pink headbands was the result.

Any help would be appreciated.
intruda

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am

I know, it just doesn't make any sense. Codes are obviously ARGB, but the game seems to handle them improperly, unlike shoes which work just fine.

A complete solid white in ARGB is #FFFFFFFF, so it doesn't make sense why it would show up as pink.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby intruda on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 am

Leftos wrote:I know, it just doesn't make any sense. Codes are obviously ARGB, but the game seems to handle them improperly, unlike shoes which work just fine.

A complete solid white in ARGB is #FFFFFFFF, so it doesn't make sense why it would show up as pink.

God your fast at replying lol. Thx though

I would love to blame the game buts its me dont worry. I just input all F's and white did show up lol. 2 of them had a 9/C in them and most likely was light pink/blue.

Last question, Team color 1-6 under jersey, do you know what they mean.
intruda

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 am

They're just 6 consecutive 4-byte ARGB color segments in each jersey entry. REDitor's 2K12 manual has Team Color 1 listed as Gear Color 1, Team Color 3 as Gear Color 2, and Team Color 4 as Headband Color. Don't know if that still stands or if things have changed.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby intruda on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm

From what I can tell, just incase someone else has this question

team 1-when I changed to red it changed the bulk of the shoe color red(affected nothing else)
team 2-changed team color 1
team 3-changed team color 2
team 4 -change head band(leftos)
team 5 & 6-changed to green and seen no changes
intruda

Postby ClLUTClH2K on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Now all we need is to figure out how to change the jersey styles and roster makers will be well-equipped. Superb work, Leftos. Job well done.
ClLUTClH2K

Postby Eaglerock562 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

DukeW74 wrote:Thanks again Leftos

I got an error when opening the default roster as follows.

GID with decimal value 7600 isn't in the Roster Editors database. The jersey table will have to stop at ID 403.

Please contact......................

I did not get an error log and closed Roster Editor, it did not crash after I hit the OK button. When I opened it again I did not get any error. Maybe just a one time glitch.

Edit
Eaglerock562 You are correct, mine was switched as well, fixed now. Thanks for the heads up. I must admit I have not checked every one of the first 300 player ID's yet. I copied it from the public google docs page back before it got changed a few times with the new roster but everything after the main roster players has been checked, I'm not saying there can't be more errors in it still. :)

Edit 2
New fixed "Names" Thanks to Eaglerock562

No problem Duke, if you want e-mail me at eaglerock562@gmail.com and I'll send you permission to view my database on google doc and you can reference and compare it with yours. I've gone through and checked in the game and compared it to the database with Leftos tool and everyone is in the right spot. I have everything down from current teams, historic teams, 1992 dream team, 2012 usa team, free agents, 2nd round draft picks hidden, free agents hidden.

Duke, not sure if you have this yet or not, but from ID# 1036 to ID# 1288 those are CAP slots.
Eaglerock562
NBA 2K Roster Editor - TRIFECTA Roster Set
Association Mode Guru
Eaglerock562

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

eaglerock562 Sure I would love to take a look at your list, I will drop you a line Thanks

I did know they were either CAP or CAT slots. That must mean 870 - 1035 are CAT slots then. My Free Agent\Hidden list is not very accurate, names and numbers should be good but am sure I have some guys on the wrong list.
DukeW74

Postby Laker06 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Are the Jersey ID's really incomplete? The last Id appearing are the Dallas Mavericks. I cant see the jersey Id's of the Magic down to the CAT, Dream Team Jersey Id's etc. Here is a screenshot

But Last Night it wasn't like this when i downloaded it
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Laker06 Maybe try a different roster? I see them all to 403 CustomUnknown2A on every roster I opened.
Maybe check under Options\LastJerseyID and make sure it's value is 403 as well
DukeW74

Postby Laker06 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

DukeW74 wrote:Laker06 Maybe try a different roster? I see them all to 403 CustomUnknown2A on every roster I opened.
Maybe check under Options\LastJerseyID and make sure it's value is 403 as well

Problem Solved (Y) Thanks Duke.. My Lase Jersey Id changed thats why it happened like that
[img]http://solecollector.com/media/sneakers/images/nike-basketball-presents-count-on-kobe-header.jpg[/img ]
Laker06

Postby Gtadark on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi again,

when i try to hit the "Save Teams" button just after changing one player to another team i get this error
Code: Select all
System.OverflowException: La valeur était trop grande ou trop petite pour un octet non signé.
   à System.Byte.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   à System.Convert.ToByte(String value)
   à NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.WriteRosterRow(Int32 teamID, Int32 spotsToWrite, Boolean isFArow) dans e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 1470
   à NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.btnSaveTeams_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) dans e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 1432
   à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   à System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   à System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   à System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

Thank you
Gtadark

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 pm

First off please use the code tags, Thanks

Next, Leftos will probably have to answer to your error but did you increase and or decrease the number of players on the team(s) the row PINum needs to match the number of players on the team.
DukeW74

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 pm

As a general FYI to people, I did not have any luck changing the players on the Elites or Stars. I didn't really think I would be able to but I had to try. :)
Overriding Rotations I expect.
DukeW74

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 pm

v0.11 released!
- Added jersey neck & sock color
- Added "Apply Replace Filters" feature which applies the replacements based on all the "Find & Replace" filters in a specific folder
- Fixed color handling in Jerseys tab, colors should now show and be applied correctly
- Fixed a mistake in the order of the Hot Spots
- Fixed bug that caused edits to some cells in tables not to save when pressing Tab to switch to the next cell
- Fixed color selection dialog showing up on non-related double-clicks on the tables

The reason you guys weren't able to hex edit colors in the Jerseys table was pretty much obvious once the lightbulb in my head lit-up. They're (like many other things this year, especially in the Players table) not byte-aligned. They actually start 3 bits earlier than the obvious position and the position noted in all the research that was sent to me. Start reading the first 76ers jersey 3 bits early and you'll end up with #FFEBEBEB, which is the correct Team Color 1 for the 76ers at home. Continue reading 32 non-byte-aligned bits at at time, and you get the rest of the colors.

TL;DR? Colors in the jerseys tab now work. Praise me.

As for the "Apply Replace Filters" feature, it's a batch Find & Replace feature which allows you to apply all the Find & Replace filters in a folder in a few clicks. So, for example, if you have a lot of edits you want to apply via Find & Replace and you want to apply them to multiple rosters easily, or there's some edits you want to share with the community and you want them to be able to apply them in batch, just save all the Filters in a specific folder, and then use that folder when asked in the Apply Replace Filters dialog.

e.g. I save a filter that makes all PGs have a Right Low Post Hot Spot of 0, and then save another filter that makes all Centers have a Triple Thread tendency of 0. I couldn't apply both of these in Find & Replace in a single move, but if I have both of these filters saved in a folder together, I can apply them all by using "Apply Replace Filters".

Gtadark, please try again using the latest version, and if the editor crashes again, please provide the new error report AND a screenshot or copy-paste of the Teams table you were trying to save.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Gtadark on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 pm

In fact i just want to trade Forbes (n. 289) against Lebron James (n. 117)
This screenshot is after i made the trade.
Code: Select all
System.OverflowException: La valeur était trop grande ou trop petite pour un octet non signé.
   à System.Byte.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   à System.Convert.ToByte(String value)
   à NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.WriteRosterRow(Int32 teamID, Int32 spotsToWrite, Boolean isFArow) dans e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 1492
   à NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.btnSaveTeams_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) dans e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 1454
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   à System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   à System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None
Gtadark

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I can't reproduce that. Try the just-released v0.11.0.1 and tell me if you're still having the issue. I exchanged two players, clicked on Save Teams, no error.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Gtadark on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Still the same error :(
Gtadark

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Upload somewhere zipped the savegame you're trying to edit and a copy-paste to Notepad of the whole Teams table as you're trying to save it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding