[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.5.2.1

Postby ILL-Patch guy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 am

Thank you for that wonderful tool Leftos!
By the way, if I want the broadcaster in the game to say the player number, should I put -1 in the Audio ID?
ILL-Patch guy

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 am

No idea really. Only reason I added that ID (if it is indeed the "Audio" ID), is because changing it to that of a Blacktop-unlocked player, makes the edited player unlocked in Blacktop as well. It's there to help people unlock all players for Blacktop mode. Don't know how it affects the rest of the game.

Only reason I named it "Audio ID", was because of the correlation JaoSming made in the research thread.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:57 am

can't wait to try it out, i really hope it works
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Nick on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Leftos, you just made it a million times easier to edit rosters. Thank you. :bowdown:

One question. I completely understand if this is an unreasonable question - I don't know how long these things take. But, is there a possibility of this editor becoming compatible with draft classes in the near future? Or will i have to wait for REDitor to be able to attach fictional cyberfaces to players in my draft class patches?
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Mr.Star on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Nice job,sir.
Can add the player 's name?:P
-Donations are welcome & appreciated!: https://paypal.me/mrstar1996
-Follow me on twitter @Star_Mamba
If I do not reply to the message sent, you can contact my WhatsApp: +65 90567893

You can look at my performance in 2K20. Maybe this album is a bit messy
2K20:https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyKEAnHQwf9HX5uT9
2K20 Customized works:https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDn4nxpUXgiKhpXLA
2K21 Preview:https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z7PDv8bKJKjtfENh7

I will be the highest quality Modder.
Mr.Star

Postby pierralban on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Nick wrote:Leftos, you just made it a million times easier to edit rosters. Thank you. :bowdown:

One question. I completely understand if this is an unreasonable question - I don't know how long these things take. But, is there a possibility of this editor becoming compatible with draft classes in the near future? Or will i have to wait for REDitor to be able to attach fictional cyberfaces to players in my draft class patches?

I'm using the turbo tool to do that.
pierralban

Postby Nick on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:30 pm

pierralban wrote:
Nick wrote:Leftos, you just made it a million times easier to edit rosters. Thank you. :bowdown:

How?
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 am

Nick, in order to make it compatible with Draft Classes, I'd need two draft classes with exactly the same players, all the stuff be the same, except maybe the signature skills of the first player being completely different in the second copy, so that I could compare, and maybe find all the other information that I've researched for rosters.

You can watch this tutorial to see more about how you can help: https://vimeo.com/51210718
Sure, it's for Rosters, but the same things should apply to draft classes.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pierralban on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:59 am

Nick wrote:
pierralban wrote:

How?

Open your draft class in the game, edit a player. Then open Turbo Trainer 1.1 and put the ID of the cyberface you want to use for both the Player ID and Cyberface ID of the player. Go back in the game, and confirm the modifications on the player. Cyberface should appear. Hope you understand :)
pierralban

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor v0.4.1.1 (30 Rosters + FA Pool)

Postby aroba on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:42 am

Leftos wrote:aroba, nope. Just rosters.

Thanks anyway. It's awesome!
aroba

Postby AreaOfEffect on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:02 am

Can this tool make xbox 360 roster compatible to pc? If so, we should convert nogster's roster, its for 360. I was reading his thread on OS and based on the comments it was able to fixed player tendencies. He also said we can do anything we want with his roster...
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 am

You can copy stuff over via copy-paste, but it can't convert the whole roster.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby StompTheCourt on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am

Sorry for the question Leftos I work two jobs and haven't really played with it that much, can this open and edit mycareer roster files :?:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby DukeW74 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 am

StompTheCourt wrote:Sorry for the question Leftos I work two jobs and haven't really played with it that much, can this open and edit mycareer roster files :?:

Nope, Just vanilla rosters, Not Saves
DukeW74

Postby AreaOfEffect on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 am

Can someone download Nogsters xbox 360 roster and upload it here? I don't have a 360.
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Again, we CAN make this compatible with MyCareer and Association saves, as long as someone helps me with the research. I definitely don't have the time right now to do this myself, but the video tutorial I posted on how to do research should apply to any game mode saves as well. Instead of editing a player's rating in the Main Menu, you edit it inside your Association, you keep 2 Association saves, etc.

If someone does the research, I'll implement compatibility with saves too.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Leftos wrote:Again, we CAN make this compatible with MyCareer and Association saves, as long as someone helps me with the research. I definitely don't have the time right now to do this myself, but the video tutorial I posted on how to do research should apply to any game mode saves as well. Instead of editing a player's rating in the Main Menu, you edit it inside your Association, you keep 2 Association saves, etc.

If someone does the research, I'll implement compatibility with saves too.

I am willing to give it a shot. I don't know jack about Hex but I watched the Tutorial and have been reading up on things. Could you give me an idea on just what change to make before saving. I assume something small so it would be easier to find the difference. I can change Shot Inside like the "tute" with one of the many ways to cheat. :) Would that be enough?
DukeW74

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Edit Jrue Holiday. Either change his Shot Inside, or change his Signature Skills to make them be the first 5 in the order they're shown.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks Leftos, Bedtime is long overdue but I will put some time into that tomorrow and see what I can do.

Edit:
I stayed up a bit longer. :)
In the file are 2 Association Saves marked 79 and 80. All I edited was Jure Holiday's Inside Shot from 79 to 80. I will try to dig deeper tomorrow but I have to fire up my Win 7 PC to do that and now its getting way past bedtime.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22465772/Association.7z
DukeW74

Postby Marek on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:14 am

Sorry for a noob question, but I opened my roster with this program, and I cannot see any player names...What am I doing wrong?
Marek

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 am

Marek, nothing. I don't know how to read the player names yet, as they must be encoded or compressed, and we're waiting for Vlad and REDitor to work that out. Until then, the tool reads the player names off of a "names.txt" list in your "My Documents\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor" folder, if you've created one. It's supposed to be tab-separated IDs and names, like so:
Code: Select all
0   Jrue Holiday
1   Jason Richardson

There are some people over at OS trying to make lists depending on what roster you're using as a base. Solovoy started a google spreadsheet here, but my recommendation for him to make it public so that everyone could edit it was its demise, as people didn't understand the difference between the retail and updated roster, and so right now the names are messed up. Sorry about that solovoy. :(

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 am

Marek You must have a "Names.txt" file inside the same folder as the Roster Editor. Its all in the thread except I didn't see anywhere mentioned that it seems like the tool needs to be in My Documents in order to read the "Names.txt" This might have been just my PC but when I had it in Progtram Files it did not read the "Names.txt"

Path for XP
Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor
Path for Vista\Win7
Users\User\Documents\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

I am including my file, but this is based on the original DVD roster, if you are using another the names will most likely be wrong. It is not totally complete and I am still checking it for errors in spelling and mismatches (ID vs CF ID).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DukeW74

Postby ILL-Patch guy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 am

So I guess teams names editing won't be available untill Vlad's REDitor
ILL-Patch guy

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:43 am

Nope, doesn't seem like it.

EDIT: DukeW74, "the file seems to be unavailable" says GameFront. Mind uploading somewhere else, e.g. Mediafire?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DukeW74 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 am

Set up an account with Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1zqnee18b7a5hdz
DukeW74

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding