Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial !

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K13.

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RLSD + Year Four PRV (6)

Postby dare on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 am

pierralban, maybe you can look around NBA 2k12 threads especially those on the REDitor. I think they have a list of names that can be called. I'm not quite sure though.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby RtXaS on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:15 am

I'm pretty sure you can check out the names that will get said by commentators with any 2k12 roster file and REDitor from last year. There's barely any changes to them every year they just add the rookie names I believe.
RtXaS

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 am

RtXaS wrote:I'm pretty sure you can check out the names that will get said by commentators with any 2k12 roster file and REDitor from last year. There's barely any changes to them every year they just add the rookie names I believe.

Can't get it to work, says i don't got the proper authorization...
pierralban

Postby RtXaS on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 am

Well that's odd. Are you sure you used the 2k12 REDitor and opened a 2k12 Roster?
RtXaS

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RLSD + Year Four PRV (10)

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 am

3 new players included !
pierralban

Postby elistheelis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Hello, is your draft class for association only? or it will also change myplayer's next year's draft class thanks and great work. :applaud:
elistheelis

Postby Nick on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 pm

You're a machine! Nice work.
Nick
I'm so adjective, i verb nouns.
Contributor

Postby nip83 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 am

pierralban you're the man...(it rhymes :) )

I wanna thank you so much for the draft classes.You really have ruined my association play because i got a habit to scout your draft class with different teams ,simulate games,and try out every prospect.And you know what? Each season there's a different story in offseason.Guys like Goodson and Overton might go later into the top five,i've seen teams pick Andy Reid or Storey(lol) no1 overall ,or Lance Ruffin(great name btw!!) go into top 5.It has added controversy,interest and conspiracy theories into the offseason.

If you still haven't scouted the first year please stop here...

*Draft Class year one spoiler alert*

What i love most about your prospects is that they have personality and flaws.It's a big change to the auto generated "top stud or useless" strategy.I have a lot of experience with year one and a liitle bit with year two...

-Mel Goodson is a very needed addition.7 footer with footwork and the lost art of the hookshot.But he looks passive sometimes on the boards or indifferent.He has all the tools to be a lengthy nightmare on D but he is always cool despite his beastly strength.

-Andy Reid .Nba ready defender,paint protector,rebounder ,athletic beast.I've seen teams prefer him over Goodson although he is limited offensively ,cause he has the potential to be an all-nba defensive guy.Untap his potential into the offseason(if you got the reward points) and you could start looking at a young Dwight v 2.0.

-DeShawn Overton is a high volume low efficiency chucker.Yup he loves to take the ball ,walk it upcourt and just jack up shots.I love how he rarely is useful without the ball and is much like a black hole where the ball gets lost in that Melo nebula of ball hogging.And defense?He doesn't really care.

-I once drafted Von Bell at the 8th spot and got dissapointed.But hold on till second or third year and he is a point guard that can adapt to any offense.

-Jermaine Lee.I love this guy .6'11'' wing with tremendous potential,super athletic,handles like a smaller player.Yet at that wingspan he just gets burned on D,no shot at all the opponents play him 10 ft away lol!!But if you are patient and give him minutes he's gonna look like a steal next year(he usually ends up from 12 to 18 spot) although he still looks lost without the ball.

-Pearson,Conway are the opposite.Very nba ready ,serviceable guys.Smart without the ball,good shooters but they cannot be the "guy" in any team.Still they can adapt to any system ,be the ultimate glue guys.

-I dont have much experience with the "Duncan-for-the-poor" like PF(can't remember his name) but he always ends up in the top 3-4 so i might try him once just for fun.

*Spoiler End*

One minor thing i see with your classes has to do with tendencies.Have you edited the tendencies yourself?Cause it's ok for guys like Overton or Lee to have mixed tendencies(although iso and post up should be upped) but guys like Conway or Pearson should spot up more or come offscreens.And i've yet to see a PG with some flashy passing tendency or a higher use screen tendency.One question :do tendencies change as years go by or they stay in the same spectrum?

All in all,this is brilliant work and i totally enjoy it.
nip83

Postby xperiaaa on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 am

Sir can you send the download link of the 3DM MOD Tool?
xperiaaa

Postby pierralban on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 am

nip83 wrote:pierralban you're the man...(it rhymes :) )

I wanna thank you so much for the draft classes.You really have ruined my association play because i got a habit to scout your draft class with different teams ,simulate games,and try out every prospect.And you know what? Each season there's a different story in offseason.Guys like Goodson and Overton might go later into the top five,i've seen teams pick Andy Reid or Storey(lol) no1 overall ,or Lance Ruffin(great name btw!!) go into top 5.It has added controversy,interest and conspiracy theories into the offseason.

If you still haven't scouted the first year please stop here...

*Draft Class year one spoiler alert*

What i love most about your prospects is that they have personality and flaws.It's a big change to the auto generated "top stud or useless" strategy.I have a lot of experience with year one and a liitle bit with year two...

-Mel Goodson is a very needed addition.7 footer with footwork and the lost art of the hookshot.But he looks passive sometimes on the boards or indifferent.He has all the tools to be a lengthy nightmare on D but he is always cool despite his beastly strength.

-Andy Reid .Nba ready defender,paint protector,rebounder ,athletic beast.I've seen teams prefer him over Goodson although he is limited offensively ,cause he has the potential to be an all-nba defensive guy.Untap his potential into the offseason(if you got the reward points) and you could start looking at a young Dwight v 2.0.

-DeShawn Overton is a high volume low efficiency chucker.Yup he loves to take the ball ,walk it upcourt and just jack up shots.I love how he rarely is useful without the ball and is much like a black hole where the ball gets lost in that Melo nebula of ball hogging.And defense?He doesn't really care.

-I once drafted Von Bell at the 8th spot and got dissapointed.But hold on till second or third year and he is a point guard that can adapt to any offense.

-Jermaine Lee.I love this guy .6'11'' wing with tremendous potential,super athletic,handles like a smaller player.Yet at that wingspan he just gets burned on D,no shot at all the opponents play him 10 ft away lol!!But if you are patient and give him minutes he's gonna look like a steal next year(he usually ends up from 12 to 18 spot) although he still looks lost without the ball.

-Pearson,Conway are the opposite.Very nba ready ,serviceable guys.Smart without the ball,good shooters but they cannot be the "guy" in any team.Still they can adapt to any system ,be the ultimate glue guys.

-I dont have much experience with the "Duncan-for-the-poor" like PF(can't remember his name) but he always ends up in the top 3-4 so i might try him once just for fun.

*Spoiler End*

One minor thing i see with your classes has to do with tendencies.Have you edited the tendencies yourself?Cause it's ok for guys like Overton or Lee to have mixed tendencies(although iso and post up should be upped) but guys like Conway or Pearson should spot up more or come offscreens.And i've yet to see a PG with some flashy passing tendency or a higher use screen tendency.One question :do tendencies change as years go by or they stay in the same spectrum?

All in all,this is brilliant work and i totally enjoy it.

BRILLIANT POST, need more of those to keep me want to continue ! Loved it, what about same thing for year two ? I'm improving year one following your feedbacks.

Got some delay due to girlfriend problems, spending my time cooking for her and buying flowers ^^
Right now i'm focused on improving YEAR ONE, then i'll finish YEAR FOUR, and then start improving all of them before going for a fifth year.

But don't worry, i'm on it !
pierralban

Postby Scholz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

nip83 wrote:

I'm loving Jermaine Lee. I drafted him 12th overall in my Hornets franchise. His first year I brought him off the bench and his ability to get hot quickly was awesome. His dunks are insane too. Spend some training camp points on his perimeter shooting and you got a superstar in the making. His length also gets him quite a few blocks (Y)
Scholz

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 am

Updating Year One as I said. Here is the preview, wanted more late picks to have cyberfaces.

And still working on Year Four, some new faces on preview and probably more coming tonight. Here is the updated preview.

pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year One update and Year Four Previe

Postby Scholz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 am

Keep up the good work! :bowdown:
Scholz

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

Guess i'm done on the CFs for this one. Need to do the generic players now and add cyberfaces to Year Two and Year Three. Will release soon.
If anyone could send me fictional cf, it'd be cool. Someone already gave some to me, but the more the better.
And what do you think of those new faces ?
pierralban

Postby intruda on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Dont want to come off wrong but why are most of these guys so black. Maybe its my seanjohn mods or something but majority need to be a shade or 2 lighter.
intruda

Postby Eirsej on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Can I still use the year One draft class even if I already incorporated them in my assoc? I wanted to use your updated Year One but I already selected that class for the next draft.
Eirsej

Postby Leftos on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 pm

pierralban, any chance you'll give us a list of names and CF IDs so that I can add CFs to the players that didn't have one in one of your previous Year One classes? I, too, have already used an older Year One in my Association.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
Lazy 2K Dev
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dual on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 pm

so good m8, thx!!
Dual

Postby nip83 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 am

pierralban wrote:
BRILLIANT POST, need more of those to keep me want to continue ! Loved it, what about same thing for year two ? I'm improving year one following your feedbacks.

Got some delay due to girlfriend problems, spending my time cooking for her and buying flowers ^^
Right now i'm focused on improving YEAR ONE, then i'll finish YEAR FOUR, and then start improving all of them before going for a fifth year.

Thanx mate ,looking forward for year 4.I could do a detailed scouting report for year two also.The thing is i've scouted your second year quite a bit, but haven't played any games with or against the top players yet (guys like robinson ,rodgers etc.) so give me a week or so for more accurate analysis.

Have fun with your girlfriend ,mine probably hates me cause i'm splitting time between work,her and the association(i just hope she doesn't find out... lol).
What kind of things have you updated for year one? Attributes wise ,tendencies or only cyberfaces? I still can't figure out if tendencies change from year to year(although i've seen that big men have increased their 3pt shot tendency).I really wish we could import draft classes to associations already started, but i don't think it's doable(except if there is some tool out there).

Keep up the good work sir.Now i'm off to find a way to fit Overton in any kind of offense.
nip83

Postby GRIMPROGAMING on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 am

These CF's are pretty good. I might have to use these in my association series. Great job.
GRIMPROGAMING

Postby Leftos on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 am

nip83 wrote:
pierralban wrote:

Thanx mate ,looking forward for year 4.I could do a detailed scouting report for year two also.The thing is i've scouted your second year quite a bit, but haven't played any games with or against the top players yet (guys like robinson ,rodgers etc.) so give me a week or so for more accurate analysis.

Have fun with your girlfriend ,mine probably hates me cause i'm splitting time between work,her and the association(i just hope she doesn't find out... lol).
What kind of things have you updated for year one? Attributes wise ,tendencies or only cyberfaces? I still can't figure out if tendencies change from year to year(although i've seen that big men have increased their 3pt shot tendency).I really wish we could import draft classes to associations already started, but i don't think it's doable(except if there is some tool out there).

Keep up the good work sir.Now i'm off to find a way to fit Overton in any kind of offense.

Updating players of a draft class already in an Association with the ratings and everything else from a draft class file will be doable once REDitor is released and I update Roster Merge. Did it last year to update HAWK23's 2012-2013 rookies with the attributes from Nick's '12 real draft class.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
Lazy 2K Dev
NBA 2K Developer

Postby comeback on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I recently drafted Lucious Storey based on my team needs.... it was a lot of fun going through my scout's reports and making the final decision on the draft day. I was completely torn between Story and Andrew Reid.

But sadly, I need to restart my association because I just added vannhawkwolf's playbook edits to my roster. I played some NBA today matches with these edit and the game is so much better. I just don't have courage to make edits again in my association roster hence the restart...

Maybe I will wait for the next version of Draft Year One. Thanks always for your awesome classes. I'm having a truly amazing time with them.
comeback

Postby Nenhoz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 am

Love your work. (Y)
Nenhoz

Postby pierralban on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 am

intruda wrote:Dont want to come off wrong but why are most of these guys so black. Maybe its my seanjohn mods or something but majority need to be a shade or 2 lighter.

Doesn't do that to me, really don't know.

Leftos wrote:pierralban, any chance you'll give us a list of names and CF IDs so that I can add CFs to the players that didn't have one in one of your previous Year One classes? I, too, have already used an older Year One in my Association.

Will do, whenever i got time, probably on monday, found a new job, i prefer to do cyberfaces after work and the more boring things on week end ;)

Dual wrote:so good m8, thx!!

Glad you like it.

nip83 wrote:
pierralban wrote:

Yeah, i really liked your detailed scouting report, it helps me tweak ratings and tendencies, plus it's just cool to have feedbacks on my babies ^^
I updated attributes and tendencies, plus cyberfaces. Don't know if tendencies change from year to year though.
I love Overton ;)

GRIMPROGAMING wrote:These CF's are pretty good. I might have to use these in my association series. Great job.

Thanks a lot mate.

comeback wrote:I recently drafted Lucious Storey based on my team needs.... it was a lot of fun going through my scout's reports and making the final decision on the draft day. I was completely torn between Story and Andrew Reid.

But sadly, I need to restart my association because I just added vannhawkwolf's playbook edits to my roster. I played some NBA today matches with these edit and the game is so much better. I just don't have courage to make edits again in my association roster hence the restart...

Maybe I will wait for the next version of Draft Year One. Thanks always for your awesome classes. I'm having a truly amazing time with them.

Cool, more to come soon.

Nenhoz wrote:Love your work. (Y)

:D

And now a question, is it possible to edit player shoes on draft class ?
pierralban

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Checked out your year 3 draft class and it seems legit. Good work.... as of right now I'm in the middle of a season and can only scout players
It's Gotta Be Good!
TGsoGood

Postby comeback on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm

pierralban, I'm not sure if you created such players already in your draft class but if you haven't, can you feature players similar to Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, or Shaq? (with superstar potential, great skills, and 7 ft tall... True centers!)

I really miss old NBA days of great centers. Maybe we can have one in each classes, back to back?
comeback

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : All years updated + Year Four releas

Postby pierralban on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 am

DOWNLOAD Year One, Two, Three, Four UPDATED

Now going to Year Five !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes it will feature a great center.
pierralban

Postby Dual on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 am

Downloading all classes again updated!! :bowdown: :bowdown2: you are the boss :mrgreen:
Dual

Postby GRIMPROGAMING on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:14 am

Yo pierralban YOU ARE THE MAN!!
You should let me buy the Earnest Akwegbu cyberface from you. So it can be my official cyberface. I can send you paypal or whatever. I really like your work. You definitely add to the great talent on these forums. PM me if your interested.
phpBB [video]
GRIMPROGAMING

Postby comeback on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 am

What a speedy releases dude. Already going for year five!!! Just wow at your efforts.
And thank you so much for your promise on featuring future centers in the next classes. I'm very excited about it.

Just a quick question, do you think I can load Draft Classes in different order and it will be OK?

For example,

2012 ->DC2
2013 ->DC3
2014 ->DC1
2015 ->DC4

I already scouted hell out of DC1 in my first association file so I thought maybe in my new association, mixing things up will make scouting interesting again.
comeback

Postby RtXaS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 am

I recently restarted my Magic assosiation with Alby's rosters and I'm completely lost on who I should take with my 3rd pick.
Current Roster:
PG Jameer Nelson
SG: Arron Afflalo
SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Maurice Harkless
PF: Glen Davis, Andrew Nicholson
C: Greg Oden, Nikola Vucevic, Gustavo Ayon

I'm leaning towards either Jermaine Lee or DeShawn Overton and I have some cap space for a point guard signing when Free Agency starts. I feel completely lost, any suggestions?
RtXaS

Postby Darth_Jor-El on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 am

got some ideas/requests if you don't mind...

well we already got the Lopez twins and the Morris twins, why not add another Identical twin prospects.. maybe an african-american identical twins who plays and starts on the same college.. both combo forwards, but one prefers to play SF and the other at PF, same height, but may vary on weight (maybe make the other one 1 bodytype skinnier than the other).. one is an explosive offensive player with good range and the other focuses purely on defense in and out.. the defensive guy has good hands and fairly good passing skill whom he utilizes when hitting his bro for the open jumper.. the offensive guy on the other-hand is fast and quick as hell.. both grabs a fair amount of rebounds and are both strong (maybe the heavier is stronger)... and as for potential, maybe make them a lottery prospect or even 1 of them at the top five but with average potential or make them a late 1st round to early 2nd round draft steal with tremendous potential...
for the appearance side.. give them same face, but maybe with different hair (it's your choice really but you could give one of them a dark brown (if possible) Gerald Wallace type dreads or one that is longer and messier or anything that is Rasta-like with a dark brownish beard same as your "Andray Fraser" or a Perkins little beard would do.. and give the other one Jordan Bald with a full goatee like older and current kobe..)

or you could make a European Identical twins.. same skills as above..
for the appearance side.. you could give one of them a 2010 Nowitzki type long blonde hair and and an "Andray Fraser" beard or a Perkins little beard... and the other one a Blonde Ilyasova type hair with a one day old full beard..

love your draft classes... hope you could create this one for year five..

one last request for your Filipino fans..
maybe make a Filipino prospect... we almost got the first one in the NBA in Japeth Aguilar but he didn't make it in the end of camps.. maybe that could happen in NBA 2K13 with your help.. hehehehe... maybe a PG with forward skills (Filipinos are known to be short so thats why) but can still handle the ball and can still pass.. Lottery type or draft steal? its your choice.. if you need name help for a Filipino prospect just ask me, I could give you tips..

thanks for all your work.. i bookmarked your thread so that i could follow your works.. :D
Darth_Jor-El

Postby brentljs on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 am

^^^^ I was gonna ask this :cool:
brentljs

Postby Eirsej on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm

How about a player in the mold of Magic? 6'8, 6'9 PG with superb passing skills but cant shoot. He can play in the post and create mismatches for other guards. Can be a lottery player and be an all star at best. :D
Eirsej

Postby SC1211 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Excellent work on these man. I use them in all of my associations. Thinking about doing an association story with them.
SC1211

Postby comeback on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 am

pierralban, I checked out Year Four and really like the top guys in that class.

By the way, I've been wondering why we don't see any top picks with over 90 potential in your draft classes but I think I understand now.

If we want to push your rookie to Real Superstar & Hall of Fame player level, we have to invest time and resources such as monthly training and year-end workouts... perhaps even spend big development points on Untapped Potential training. So basically, don't just ride on year to year growth on these guys. Put some effort into developing and push these guys to the next level...

Am I right on your intentions? If so, this is really well thought out stuff. Really going to enjoy developing these guys now!!!
comeback

Postby dare on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:04 am

Well because if you put 90 potential on a prospect basically by their 2nd year he is up there with Lebron and Durant and labeled as franchise talents.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby comeback on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am

Well, that's not exactly true. If you have a rookie starting at high 70's with potential of 90 rating, it takes him minimum 3 to 4 years before he becomes a full-fledged super star. Not his 2nd year....

Derrick Rose took 3 years to become a star and MVP in the league so 3-4 year development scenario is entirely possible with 90 rating. Having said that, with a rating of 85, GM still has to put some effort in if you want to go for an accelerated growth. So I prefer it this way than 90 potential.
comeback

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : All years updated + Year Five Previe

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 am

PREVIEW
pierralban

Postby tjstorm23 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

How do you add this into the game? I copy and paste into my saves folder and nothing happens? Help please? I know i'm new to this!
tjstorm23

Postby comeback on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

tjstorm23 wrote:How do you add this into the game? I copy and paste into my saves folder and nothing happens? Help please? I know i'm new to this!

1. Move the png files in The Cyberfaces folder to your NBA2K13 main folder (where NBA2K13.exe is located)
2. Move the fdc files in The Drafts folder to your saves folder

In the association mode, you have to load each draft class at the beginning of each season when the game asks you.
comeback

Postby pierralban on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:28 am

YEAR ONE FINAL RELEASE

DOWNLOAD Year One FINISHED,and Years Two, Three, Four UPDATED

Will continue to finish the first four draft classes, before releasing a year five. Each class will have at least 32 faces when it's all done.
I will continue to update the pack, and not class by class, cause right now, i've done about 100 or more cyberfaces and i don't know which player's is each. It would take to much time to look at their cf ID one by one. Or maybe someone got a solution ?
pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year One Final Release (32 faces)

Postby Roberto on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 am

amazing work¡¡¡¡¡¡
maybe you could make a draft class with more cfs,
the year one has 32 cfs, put more faces in draft, maybe 50 or more i each draft
better if no generic faces. (Y)
Roberto

Re: Fict.DraftClasses :Jermaine Lee's alternate cyberface

Postby pierralban on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 am

Jermaine Lee Alternate cyberface released :

Jermaine Lee's alternate cyberface
pierralban

Postby Scholz on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 pm

pierralban wrote:Jermaine Lee Alternate cyberface released :

Jermaine Lee's alternate cyberface

Good work! (Y) Lee is my favorite player you've created thus far. I love using him on my hornets franchise.
Scholz

Postby pierralban on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 am

pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Two Final Preview

Postby kaankural on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 am

Wow, you did such an amazing job. Thanks. (Y)
btw I'm not a big fan of tattoos. Which players are "tattoo-free" ?
kaankural

Postby Mile23 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 am

Great work!!!!!! (Y)
My Fictional Courts - HERE
Mile23

Postby comeback on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 am

Happy new year pierralban. Thanks for the updates!
comeback

Postby Dual on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 am

amazing, you make my asociation so enjoyable, thx :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Dual

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Releases & Previews