Download Problem

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Download Problem

Postby G-Game on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:18 am

I just want to ask something, i tried to download updates here for my game using my mobile phone, but why can't i download anything? Is it not supported? do i need specific apps that could work? Btw im using samsung S5.
This topic was moved from Off-Topic by Andrew on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 pm.
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Re: Download Problem

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 am

Assuming that your mobile device has enough space to download the files and you're using a browser for your mobile that allows downloads, you need an app that can store the downloads for you.
Dropbox is one, other file storage apps could also work.
Did a test then and the mobile downloads are working for files in the NLSC, for a Safari-Dropbox user anyway.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:13 pm

There shouldn't be any problems. The mobile style we're using doesn't natively support the Downloads section modification, so it did take a bit of fiddling around to get it to work properly, but it should indeed be working.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 am

What happen is eveytime i hit download it always say "download already exist, do you want to redownload" even if that's the first time i download that file. When i hit redownload, nothing really downloaded. I guess i have to use my computer instead to download all the game updates that i like if i can't figure it out. Thanks anyway for all the reply to my question.
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 am

That's never happened to me when testing on mobile devices, so that's definitely strange.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 am

Yes it is strange, even i surprise that i can't use my mobile now to download game updates here, before when i was still using my old mobile i have no problem like this one. Using my phone now, those download redirected to sharing file site like mediafire, is fine. But those direct download files, that's really my problem. Im just confused that's why i asked this question, but again my computer will always be there for no hassle download. Thanks Andrew for your reply.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:17 am

Using your S5 browser, in it's settings, change the page view from mobile to desktop or vice versa. There should be an option for that. Then try downloading again.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:26 am

I changed my browser to desktop but still got the same problem. It download but the file size is not equal to the size of the file that im about to download. No matter the file size was, it always download just 43kb file. And im sure it's not my mobile internet. I really having a hard time to figure out what could be the problem. Thanks anyway Pdub for your suggestion.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 am

Try a different browser, like chrome, firefox, dolphin browser, etc.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 am

I test several updates and download it and what i notice is all the external files that i download works perfect and complete, but again just like what i mention in my previous post, all non-external files that i download is only 43kb.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 am

I just tested on my phone and got "archive corrupted." So, I guess I got the same problem as the fiels ended up being 52.2 kb. I opened the firefox browser on my phone and the downloaded completed properly and I was able to open the file with no error.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks alot Pdub for taking time to test and find solution. I followed your suggestion and it works perfect now.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:03 am

Which browser were you using before?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:41 am

I was using the default browser that comes with my phone, which is the android browser. I wouldn't be sure if it was an issue with the browser or the downloads page, but since a 3rd party browser was able to complete the download, and both of our browsers from different phones had issues, it looks like it's an issue with that particular browser, or quite possibly the download app for android.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 am

I haven't tried the default Android browser, but Chrome and Firefox both worked fine for me, too.

If it is just a browser issue, I'd definitely recommend avoiding using the Android browser. In fact, even if it was working properly, I'd recommend Chrome or Firefox instead. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 am

I'm also using my default browser when i post this question. Yes both chrome and firefox works perfect for me now.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 am

Good to know. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard