Details on our New Design

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Details on our New Design

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 pm

If you've been visiting the NLSC for a while, you've probably noticed that we've recently implemented a new design across the site. Since then, we've been ironing out a few issues and finishing up the mobile versions of the site to add better support for tablets and smartphones, which is why I've held off "officially" announcing the new design. We'll probably be making a few minor tweaks here and there but since our renovations are more or less complete, I figure the time has come to make that announcement and provide a rundown of some of the new features.

In addition to sprucing up our design, we wanted to make sure that we made it easier to find and access all of our content, from front page news and weekly feature articles to our Downloads section and Wiki. Our old navigation menus could be a little overwhelming and made the previous layout quite busy-looking, so we hope that our new menu will streamline things. We've also aimed to create a more uniform look across the site, with better integration.

As I mentioned, we now have mobile versions of the main site, Forum and Wiki, to make browsing the NLSC on your tablet or smartphone a little easier. You can of course switch to the desktop version if you prefer, but your device should default to the mobile version for your convenience.

I realise that it can take some time to get used to a new design, but I'm hoping that most of you like it (or that it will grow on you in time). Again, we will likely make a few minor changes here and there, and if you do have any constructive feedback or are experiencing any difficulties or technical issues with the desktop or mobile versions of the site, please let me know. Thanks as always for your support of the NLSC, I hope you'll find the new functionality useful and encourage you to stay tuned for all the content that we'll be bringing you in the near future!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard