The Friday Five: 5 Players Who Appeared in More Video Games than NBA Games

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Ideas for MyCAREER Stories

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm

the last one is very similar to one of the stories in NBA 07
phpBB [video]

Ahead of its time in all facets except gameplay. The gameplay was really bad.
zzcoolj21
kyrMVPie

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:04 pm

That's cool. I actually picked up NBA 08 on PS2 a while back, I've been meaning to check out its story and do a feature on it. Might have to see if I can track down a couple of the other games in the series for cheap, might be interesting to look back on.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:21 pm

I might grind through them and record the cutscenes one of these days. The stories are really the only saving grace of the series. Still don't know if "Big W" 's son ever wakes up from the coma.
JF16
zzcoolj21
kyrMVPie

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Tips to Endure a Long MyCAREER Season

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 pm

March 3rd: 5 Tips to Endure a Long MyCAREER Season

I'm almost at the end of the regular season in my rookie campaign in NBA 2K17's MyCAREER. As much fun as I've had so far, it's definitely been a grind, especially since I prefer to play twelve minute quarters. Even with shorter quarter lengths, 82 games is quite a marathon, and it's difficult not to get impatient once you're past the All-Star break, and the postseason is looming on the horizon. Of course, if you're battling to qualify for the Playoffs, each game is going to have more meaning, and that should hold your interest. However, if you've already clinched a Playoff berth, a little bit of boredom might start to set in.

Fortunately, there are a few ideas that can make tedious stretches in MyCAREER a bit more fun. Some of these suggestions arguably apply to MyLEAGUE and MyGM as well, but I personally find that boredom during the regular season is more of a problem in MyCAREER, since you're locked to a single player, and you obviously don't have all the team management functions to change things up. With that being said, here are five ideas that have helped break up the boredom for me, and will hopefully help some of you make it through the regular season grind, whether you're playing MyCAREER or another mode.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Crazy Ideas for Basketball Games

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm

March 10th: 5 Crazy Ideas for Basketball Games

I'm almost at the end of the regular season in my rookie campaign in NBA 2K17's MyCAREER. As much fun as I've had so far, it's definitely been a grind, especially since I prefer to play twelve minute quarters. Even with shorter quarter lengths, 82 games is quite a marathon, and it's difficult not to get impatient once you're past the All-Star break, and the postseason is looming on the horizon. Of course, if you're battling to qualify for the Playoffs, each game is going to have more meaning, and that should hold your interest. However, if you've already clinched a Playoff berth, a little bit of boredom might start to set in.

Fortunately, there are a few ideas that can make tedious stretches in MyCAREER a bit more fun. Some of these suggestions arguably apply to MyLEAGUE and MyGM as well, but I personally find that boredom during the regular season is more of a problem in MyCAREER, since you're locked to a single player, and you obviously don't have all the team management functions to change things up. With that being said, here are five ideas that have helped break up the boredom for me, and will hopefully help some of you make it through the regular season grind, whether you're playing MyCAREER or another mode.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Roster Oddities in Basketball Games

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 am

March 17th: 5 Roster Oddities in Basketball Games

Whether you're updating a basketball video game or simply playing it, the accuracy of the roster is probably going to be of great importance to you. Sometimes, that authenticity is limited or compromised by factors such as the roster cut-off date, lockouts, and a lack of licensing rights for specific players. Official roster updates have ultimately counteracted those first two issues, and unofficial updates can provide workarounds for the third. Furthermore, through consistent official updates and user customisation, questionable ratings don't have to remain a problem for long, either.

Of course, even if certain issues can be easily resolved by official or unofficial means, basketball games have presented some unusual oddities in their default rosters over the years. Sometimes, unusual real life circumstances lead to inaccuracies, or create other interesting situations. In other cases, the game's roster management functionality itself is cumbersome, or otherwise strange. Whatever the case may be, there have been a number of roster oddities in basketball video games over the years, and today I'm talking about what I feel are five of the most interesting and noteworthy examples.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Players Who Appeared in More Video Games than NBA Games

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

March 24th: 5 Players Who Appeared in More Video Games than NBA Games

Simply getting drafted by an NBA team, or making it onto a Summer League or training camp roster, is an achievement in and of itself. It's further than a lot of players will make it in their basketball careers, and for those who do get that far, it's the first step towards realising their dream of playing in the NBA. Of course, there aren't enough roster spots available for everyone, and a lot of players will end up getting cut before the regular season begins. Some may find their way back onto an NBA roster and finally debut at a later date, while many others will not.

However, while some players never get the opportunity to suit up and play in a real NBA game, they may still see themselves make it to the big time on the virtual hardwood. The default rosters in NBA videos game must be locked at a certain cut-off date, which often results in missing players out of the box, but can also ensure that players on the bubble actually end up being included. Should such a player never make it back to the league, they'll end up appearing in more NBA video games than real life NBA games. Here are five players who did just that, whom you may or may not remember.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Tha2KProphet on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:50 am

I think Isaiah Austin was added to a Roster update as a "Free Agent" in NBA 2K17.
Try MY 2016/17 Roster For NBA 2K14

Here >>>: 2KShiftLeader's (Tha2KProphet) 2016 Roster | Summer 16' Tweak 3

My Thread: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=98403
Get ready for the RETURN ! :twisted:
Tha2KProphet
Everyone at NLSC thought I was joking when I said "LeBron is gonna come back from a 3-1 lead"

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 am

Awesome idea (Y)
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 am

Tha2KProphet wrote:I think Isaiah Austin was added to a Roster update as a "Free Agent" in NBA 2K17.

Yeah he was added at one point. There's definitely been more than five, but there's always the possibility I'll do another article with another five.

JaoSming wrote:Awesome idea (Y)

Thanks! :)

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Previous

Return to NLSC Hub