The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Playgrounds 2

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Ways to Improve The Neighborhood

Postby Andrew on Fri May 11, 2018 9:11 pm

May 11th: 5 Ways to Improve The Neighborhood

Through articles, episodes of the NLSC Podcast, and posts in the Forum, I've made my opinion of The Neighborhood quite clear. In short, I like it about as much as I do MyCAREER stories, which is to say, not very much at all. To me, it's amounted to a lot of wasted time running around the same mini suburb, going back and forth and enduring long loading screens. Whether it's changing my animations, joining my friends in 2K Pro-Am or The Playground, or picking up my endorsement money, it's basically impossible to have a streamlined experience.

However, while I certainly have my criticisms of The Neighborhood, I'd prefer them to be constructive. Even though I'm not a fan of the concept, there are ways that The Neighborhood could be more appealing and user-friendly, not to mention fairer in terms of grinding and potential microtransactions. My guess is that the developers aren't going to give up on the concept after just one game, and if certain changes were made, I for one would probably find it at least a little more tolerable. With that said, here are five ways that the 2K team could improve on the whole experience of The Neighborhood in future games.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Playgrounds 2

Postby Andrew on Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 pm

May 18th: 5 Hopes for NBA Playgrounds 2

Originally set for release next week on May 22nd, NBA Playgrounds 2 has now been delayed to an unspecified date. While some basketball gamers have expressed their excitement about a follow up to last year's title, others aren't so thrilled. Some gamers feel that it's coming too soon after the original, and are unhappy that support for the first NBA Playgrounds is ending with a few unfulfilled promises. Others simply didn't care for the first game at all, and feel little incentive to give its sequel a chance. The indefinite postponement likely doesn't allay their concerns or scepticism.

Even if the delay turns out to be for the best as Saber Interactive are insisting, NBA Playgrounds 2 is going to be a tough sell for some gamers. It's going to take a quality release to win gamers over, with clear improvements that wouldn't be possible via a patch. Whatever has led to the delay will also have to be a big deal. The previews have been somewhat promising so far though, and I do believe that NBA Playgrounds 2 has a great opportunity to become the definitive arcade hoops game of the current generation. There are a few things that it must do in order to achieve that however, which I'm outlining in the form of five hopes ahead of its eventual release.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Previous

Return to NLSC Hub