NLSC Podcast #528: Best Three-Point Shooters in Video Game History

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #127 (September 4th, 2015)

Postby TBM on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:47 am

Listening now.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Leftos and Jaosming...listening now. Ahh over 2 hours of good ole NLSC fun
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:18 pm

TGsoGood wrote:Leftos and Jaosming...listening now. Ahh over 2 hours of good ole NLSC fun

aka listening to us listen to Leftos? :D
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Listening :D .
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby mp3 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:09 am

JaoSming wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:Leftos and Jaosming...listening now. Ahh over 2 hours of good ole NLSC fun

aka listening to us listen to Leftos? :D

LMFAO ... elephant in the room

But seriously it was a good show and good to here the gang back together again, it was a really long show when I looked at the play time but was over so quick!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:24 am

Good to hear! That's always a concern when we put out a really long show, and I have had a couple of people feel the need to tell me it was boring and that they gave up on it, but I'd like to think it's their loss. Leftos had some great info for us, and clarified quite a few points of interest.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #128 (September 10th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Episode #128 (September 10th, 2015)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

It's back to our regularly scheduled programming this week, as Arcane and I host Episode #128 of the NLSC Podcast! An overview of this week's show is as follows:

• In case you missed it, last week was a big episode for the NLSC Podcast, as we welcomed Leftos and JaoSming back to the show to talk about NBA 2K16.
  • Our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content has tipped off, and we have a couple of other housekeeping announcements to make.
  • Catching up on all the NBA Live 16 news, we give our thoughts on the soundtrack, latest ratings reveals, and screenshots. Are we hyped for NBA Live 16?
  • We recap a huge amount of NBA 2K16 news, including a new trailer, and several in-depth developer blogs. Has it moved the needle on our excitement for NBA 2K16?
  • New content for NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15 is slowing to a halt, and we're finding that we're just about ready to move on. Still, we have been spending some time with last year's games as of late.
  • The Atlanta Hawks are retiring Dikembe Mutombo's #55, so we reflect on some of our favourite Mutombo Moments.
  • J.R. Smith has officially re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers; Tristan Thompson has not. Once again, we reflect on the Cavs' chances this year.
  • What do we think of Mickey Arison's proposed Miami Vice/South Beach alternates for the Miami Heat?
  • We end Episode #128 of the NLSC Podcast with an All-Time Lineup game.

Click here to listen to the show!

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #128 (September 10th, 2015)

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:59 pm

listening :D (Y)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #129 (September 14th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Episode #129 (September 14th, 2015)

Hosts: Andrew
Special Guest: Sean O'Brien

Episode #129 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We have another special episode this week, as I chatted with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien about this year's game. Some of the topics we covered include:

• The development team's confidence in NBA Live 16, with the early gameplay footage and blogs at E3 2015.
  • Sean talks about the key gameplay improvements, in terms of controls, animations, responsiveness, and artificial intelligence.
  • LIVE Pro-Am, featuring the Summer Circuit and LIVE Run, has been the main focus as far as modes in NBA Live 16 are concerned. Sean discusses a couple of the improvements that have gone into the game since the community event back in July.
  • Sean comments on the status of Dynasty Mode and Rising Star in NBA Live 16, and talks a little about plans to improve them in NBA Live 17 and beyond.
  • Likewise, Sean gives a candid answer about the status of roster editing in future games, and the situation with player customisation in NBA Live 16.
  • Since he goes a long way back with EA Sports and the NBA Live series, Sean offers up some recollections as part of our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live celebrations.
  • Turning our attention back to this year's game to close out the show, Sean provides us with a few more tidbits about NBA Live 16, including the status of the GameFace HD app.

A big thanks to Sean once again for coming on the show! Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

I won't lie I was very disappointed that Dynasty mode has taken a back seat in this year.

It was far to basic as it was last year and didn't even include a transaction or injury screen (please tell me they at least added that in Andrew?? Screw the NDR lol
mp3

Postby TBM on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:12 am

I need my fix, Andrew.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 am

Flattered to hear it! I got sick again, Ben got sick again, and a couple of other things got in the way, but we're not done. New ep will be coming soon.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #130 (October 15th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Episode #130 (October 15th, 2015)

After a longer than expected hiatus, we're back with Episode #130 of the NLSC Podcast! Illness and scheduling conflicts have once again gotten in the way as of late, but we're back on the air, and looking forward to getting back into the habit of recording weekly shows, especially with the release of NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16.

On this week's show...

• We tip things off with our impressions of NBA Live 16. Is it the step up over NBA Live 15 that we were hoping it would be?
  • A couple of patches have already been released for NBA Live 16, so we have some impressions to share regarding a couple of the fixes.
  • NBA 2K16 has already sold four million copies, of which we own a couple. What do we make of this year's offering from Visual Concepts?
  • We've been fairly critical of the story-driven approach to MyCAREER these past few years, but in NBA 2K16, it's not all bad. Then again, it's not all good, either...
  • Catching up on some community news, our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content will be resuming soon, alongside our continued NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 coverage. NBA 2K16 PC modding has also tipped off with the release of gregkwaste's NBA 2K16 Explorer.
  • Moving on to this week's NBA discussion, we react to the terrible situation with Lamar Odom.
  • On a happier note, we look ahead to the 2016 season, and pick our shortlist of title contenders.
  • We wrap up Episode #130 of the NLSC Podcast with more NBA fashion critiques, and the impending anniversary of a league record.

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Going to go home this weekend. Finally something to listen to in the train.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 pm

And it's a fine listen indeed
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mp3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Not really a fan of "The Story" either, it kind of sterotypes that nba players struggles come from the hood.

I mean hasn't the Jeremy Lin story taught us anything??

Why can't "your" story be that your book smart trying to make it from Havard?

Why not be able to use VC to spend on getting your a tutor to help get your grades up to go to a better college?

You know... send a message to the kids...

Great to hear you guys back on the air again !
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:50 am

Appreciate the support guys, good to be back!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #131 (October 22nd, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:04 am

Episode #131 (October 22nd, 2015)

Well, would you look at that...we managed to record a new episode of the NLSC Podcast two weeks in a row! Episode #131 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, hosted by Arcane and myself; join us as we give our latest impressions of NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16, discuss a little retro basketball gaming, and react to the 2016 NBA GM survey.

On this week's show...

• We've had another week to play NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16, with a couple of patches being pushed through. What's our latest take on this year's games?
  • Since we didn't cover it last week, we also give our thoughts on the MyNBA2K16 app. If you need extra VC, it's definitely worth picking up.
  • We talk about a recent retro basketball game purchase, and reminisce once again about the days when multiple companies released yearly hoops titles. Will we ever see that happen again?
  • Following up on one of last week's big NBA stories, Lamar Odom is thankfully on the mend.
  • The 2016 NBA GM Survey is out on NBA.com. Are we the only ones who make terrible predictions?
  • We wrap up Episode #131 of the NLSC Podcast with a gem from NBA 2K16 that surely can't be a coincidence.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:59 am

I am disappoint

"Every bit of VC matters"

Talks about getting VC in-game, talks about getting VC in the app. Doesn't mention a way to get VC on both. :shake:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:08 am

I figured that was fairly well-known by now...also, maybe a topic for 2KTV. :P
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #132 (October 29th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am

Episode #132 (October 29th, 2015)

It's that time of the week again, as Arcane and I are coming at you with Episode #132 of the NLSC Podcast! We've got a lot to talk about this week including NBA Live 16 sales and the future of the NBA Live series, some exciting news for the NBA 2K16 modding community, opening night of the 2016 NBA season, and more.

On this week's show...

• NBA Live 16's sales figures have been underwhelming. We discuss the reaction to the game so far, and the low number of sales following the optimism of the preview season.
  • What must EA Sports do with NBA Live 17 for the game to show sufficient improvement, and move the needle in sales?
  • We talk about a couple of things that were left on the cutting room floor for NBA Live 16. We also note the lack of an opening night roster update, and the presence of one for NBA 2K16.
  • There's been another exciting development with NBA 2K16 modding, which we're looking forward to seeing come to fruition. Hopefully, modding is even easier in NBA 2K17.
  • We pay our respects to the late Flip Saunders, who sadly lost his battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma.
  • The 2016 NBA season is underway, and it's about time, too. We give our thoughts on the action from opening night.
  • Tristan Thompson has finally signed an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Did they overpay for him?
  • We wrap up Episode #132 of the NLSC Podcast with a discussion of Nike's fancy new shoe. It's no hoverboard, but it's still sufficiently futuristic for 2015!

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TBM on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:55 am

Listening now.

EDIT: You kept mentioning that NBA 2K16 doesn't have the all-star weekend. Are we thinking of two different things? 2K16 has the rising star challenge, dunk contest, 3pt contest, and the all-star game.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:08 am

As a standalone mode, as in NBA Live 2005 through NBA Live 09. Still, that's a fair point, we'll have to note that on next week's show.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #133 (November 5th, 2015)

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:33 am

Episode #133 (November 5th, 2015)

Episode #133 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, so tune in for your weekly fix of NBA Live, NBA 2K, and NBA discussion here at the NLSC! Arcane and I are your hosts as we discuss the latest NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 news, and the first week of the 2016 NBA season.

On this week's show...

• New rosters are out for NBA Live 16, but we're still waiting for proper, post-opening night 2016 season lineups.
  • We touch on last week's discussion about NBA Live 16's sales and what NBA Live 17 needs to do, and follow up with a correction.
  • Patch V2 is out now for NBA 2K16 PC. Some issues remain, but there's a noticeable improvement in performance, and some welcome fixes.
  • NBA 2K16 modding saw a huge development this week with the release of the External File Plugin. Installing mods just got a whole lot easier.
  • 2K is banning PC gamers who hack their NBA 2K16 MyCAREER saves with the Cheat Engine. Fair or foul?
  • We wrap up this week's video game discussion with some further MyCAREER talk.
  • Moving on to our NBA discussion, we recap the first week of the 2016 season, which has seen the Golden State Warriors dominate, Nate Robinson get cut after two games, and Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook achieve a milestone.
  • In a tale of two all-time greats, we reflect on Kobe Bryant's continued struggles and decline, and LeBron James' continued ascension up the all-time scoring charts.
  • It wouldn't be an episode of the NLSC Podcast without some jersey discussion. This time, it's the presence of the Kia logo on the All-Star jerseys.
  • We talk a little about how our favourite teams are doing, and the early struggles of the Houston Rockets.
  • Episode #133 of the NLSC Podcast ends with some Kevin Garnett trivia that probably makes him feel old. Kinda makes us feel old, too.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #133 (November 5th, 2015)

Postby Kevin on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:40 am

2-hour drive in 10 mins. Timely release (Y)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard